Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help question

So, you create a post, let's say to upload and share your tactics. 

How long did it take for you to screenshot the tactics, league table, stat table (player's goals, assists) and your club's resulted fixtures (all the resulted matches) AND create a post like this and click "submit topic".

Once you have your answer, I want to give you a scenario.

Let's say i record the tactics, fixtures, stat table and league table. It would take me around 1 min and the recorded video is 1 minute long. and i create a post like this and upload the video here in this post. together i think its under 2 min. The post will be small as suppose to the screenshots where the post is too long. 

so i create a post in just 2 min using the video format. SO how long did it take for you to screenshot everything and create a post and upload these screenshots? 

So, the QUESTION is: would you rather choose the video format, time saving and very easy to find everything in the video and it REALLY takes mere 5 seconds, not even time consuming to find (don't be over dramatic) and a clean short post or the screenshot method? 

Screenshots any day of the week. 

1. It's more convenient for the reader, images allow you to take everything in at your own speed say for example copying the information in game. 

2. Reading screenshots takes seconds and not minutes 

3. We're a text based community, we thrive by sharing text based adventures, on text based guides and in text based tactics, FMM is just too boring for the video format. However I do agree gifs can be an excellent quick way to show features of a tactic which @Foxyhas implemented wonderfully in the past. 

4. Videos are naturally more of a data/battery drain and can be situational if the content has sound. 

13 minutes ago, Rob Aloha said:

time saving

13 minutes ago, Rob Aloha said:

REALLY takes mere 5 seconds

How can a minute video take 5 seconds? 

14 minutes ago, Rob Aloha said:

very easy to find everything in the video

As it would be in a post. 

14 minutes ago, Rob Aloha said:

not even time consuming 

You'd have to jump around the video to find the bits you want, I'd even guess most people would pause and screenshot the information completely beating the point. 

FMM Youtubers have tried and often failed as the game is dull and doesn't suit the video format. Text/screenshots just get directly too the point and most people skim tactics anyway imo. You can tell at a glance if the tactic is for you. 

If you can find 3 people who prefer it in video form I'd be impressed.

Screenshots without a shadow of a doubt. There's a reason why that's what 99% of all tactics posted are.

I mean, just try it and see what response you get? But I think part of the success of various posts on here is that the guys are talented writers too 👍

For the question itself, sorry, yeah it takes a second to take a screenshot, and then it generally takes me about 20 minutes to put together a post like I did this morning, updating on the latest season. And my train ride to work is about 20 minutes........ Something to do, eh :)

Screenshots all the way for me too. As others have said it would be a pain flicking through a video and having to pause on the bits you might want to focus on.

Just like the written content too and don’t see video form for FMM in any way appealing for me.

On 09/05/2019 at 23:51, Ashez said:

Screenshots any day of the week. 

1. It's more convenient for the reader, images allow you to take everything in at your own speed say for example copying the information in game. 

2. Reading screenshots takes seconds and not minutes 

3. We're a text based community, we thrive by sharing text based adventures, on text based guides and in text based tactics, FMM is just too boring for the video format. However I do agree gifs can be an excellent quick way to show features of a tactic which @Foxyhas implemented wonderfully in the past. 

4. Videos are naturally more of a data/battery drain and can be situational if the content has sound. 

How can a minute video take 5 seconds? 

As it would be in a post. 

, I'd even guess most people would pause and screenshot the information completely beating the point. 

FMM Youtubers have tried and often failed as the game is dull and doesn't suit the video format. Text/screenshots just get directly too the point and most people skim tactics anyway imo. You can tell at a glance if the tactic is for you. 

i think you misunderstood my comment.

Main EXAMPLE:  I never said it takes 5 seconds to make a 1 minute video. I DO NOT KNOW where you get that from. I just said it take 5 seconds to "find what you're looking for IN THE VIDEO. You know, takes 5 seconds to skim thru the video to find the league table or skim thru the video to find the tactics." Did i not say that? I was clear on that. 

your #1 and 2 point: What you just said can apply in a video format. There's really no drawbacks. Is pause button not exist? Can you not skip thru the video? Since we're on mobile, can you not use your finger and use the lines in the video and hold and slowing slide right? If i pause the video, same thing, it takes seconds to "read" like you just said. Is timestamp not allowed?

your #3 point: FMM for a video format is "boring" is subjective, depends on the person suit of interest. Also, gifs are the same as video. A 1 minute video can be a gif. A gif is a video or image that repeat itself over and over. So is the video. Press play and once the video is over, press play again. Samething

your #4 point: i do not believe you. How much data/battery drain to screenshot vs a 1 minute screen record video? Again, it takes 1 minute to record a 1 minute video and then create a post with timestamps and all that and all those paragraphs/sentences to explain your tactics and all that so how long is to screenshot 10+ images and manually upload them to create your post and type up paragraphs about your tactics and team and all that?

"You'd have to jump around the video to find the bits you want" Is that hard? Is that time wasting as suppose to a long post of 10+ screenshots? Either one of them, both can

On 10/05/2019 at 02:38, samhardy said:

If you can find 3 people who prefer it in video form I'd be impressed.

Screenshots without a shadow of a doubt. There's a reason why that's what 99% of all tactics posted are.

not gonna be rude but your comment is insulting and over dramatic with the whole "id be impressed if you find 3 ppl who likes video format." Not complaining of a text/screenshots, just tedious. Not complaining that 99% of the tactics posted are screenshots/texts.

Not trying to defend and say i would prefer video format

the whole point of my comment is not about ppl who would "like" video format. The point is me making a comment asking a simple question. You know, the similarities and differences. You know, can a video format or "GIF"  do the same job of Delivering the tactics/your choice of team in a chosen league and showing the wins, lose, draws and league table/your team's stats (goals/assists), etc. like the screenshots? Or can it not?

On 10/05/2019 at 04:59, 1759 said:

Screenshots all the way for me too. As others have said it would be a pain flicking through a video and having to pause on the bits you might want to focus on.

Just like the written content too and don’t see video form for FMM in any way appealing for me.

So at least 5 seconds to find what you're looking for aka "flicking through a video" is a pain? You can just pause and then "flick" OR do what most YouTubers and ppl in the youtube comments done: Timestamp

or is timestamp a pain too?

On 10/05/2019 at 02:57, Mr Tree said:

For the question itself, sorry, yeah it takes a second to take a screenshot, and then it generally takes me about 20 minutes to put together a post like I did this morning, updating on the latest season. And my train ride to work is about 20 minutes........ Something to do, eh :)

20 minutes to put together a post? And how many screenshots did you take and then to upload them to your post that you're "putting together" that makes a total of 20 minutes?

So, If i plop down a 1 MINUTE video that it takes me "1 minute" to record my screen and then "put together" a post, would you assume that it would take me 25 minutes? Not saying that's what you're assuming.

So many words, but why? You're very welcome to try it, but you got feedback on why text is generally more well received than video.

4 hours ago, Rob Aloha said:

Not trying to defend and say i would prefer video format

For someone who doesn’t “prefer” video format you’re certainly making a hell of a lot of noise about it. You’ve been given feedback as to your original queries and now you’re trying to convince everyone that they are wrong.

100% no!!

We are a text based site and for a long time now video has been banned from threads. A gif is not a video its an animated image which is totally different. Would you call a flick book a video? 

I het what your saying but video is boring imo, text is better as you engage in the story of someones career or get intrigued by the effort put into a tactic/formation that someone has taken the time to implement and test over a period of time.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

This thread is beautiful.

Lol tell me about it

6 hours ago, Rob Aloha said:

i think you misunderstood my comment.

Main EXAMPLE:  I never said it takes 5 seconds to make a 1 minute video. I DO NOT KNOW where you get that from. I just said it take 5 seconds to "find what you're looking for IN THE VIDEO. You know, takes 5 seconds to skim thru the video to find the league table or skim thru the video to find the tactics." Did i not say that? I was clear on that. 

your #1 and 2 point: What you just said can apply in a video format. There's really no drawbacks. Is pause button not exist? Can you not skip thru the video? Since we're on mobile, can you not use your finger and use the lines in the video and hold and slowing slide right? If i pause the video, same thing, it takes seconds to "read" like you just said. Is timestamp not allowed?

your #3 point: FMM for a video format is "boring" is subjective, depends on the person suit of interest. Also, gifs are the same as video. A 1 minute video can be a gif. A gif is a video or image that repeat itself over and over. So is the video. Press play and once the video is over, press play again. Samething

your #4 point: i do not believe you. How much data/battery drain to screenshot vs a 1 minute screen record video? Again, it takes 1 minute to record a 1 minute video and then create a post with timestamps and all that and all those paragraphs/sentences to explain your tactics and all that so how long is to screenshot 10+ images and manually upload them to create your post and type up paragraphs about your tactics and team and all that?

"You'd have to jump around the video to find the bits you want" Is that hard? Is that time wasting as suppose to a long post of 10+ screenshots? Either one of them, both can

Mate, you prefer it. Ok. Happy for u. But the majority of vibe doesn’t, so get over yourself. I just can’t be arsed watching video, screenshots are just more simple, in my opinion. Stop getting angry it’s just a bit annoying -_-

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Woody said:

100% no!!

We are a text based site and for a long time now video has been banned from threads. A gif is not a video its an animated image which is totally different. Would you call a flick book a video? 

I het what your saying but video is boring imo, text is better as you engage in the story of someones career or get intrigued by the effort put into a tactic/formation that someone has taken the time to implement and test over a period of time.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏