Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The One Man Team Challenge

1235410656_titleoneman.png.2c8e8e6a5d21f8bd54c527d561658780.png

You are just a one man team!!!

It is often an accusation levelled at teams who have a star player amongst there squad that outshines the rest of the team. To me at least it is a nonsense as to achieve anything in football it requires the full team performing to a certain level and then if you have that one special player who can change a game in an instant that is the icing on the cake. Take Southampton in the 90's as an example they defied expectations that they would be relegated season after season thanks to there talisman Matt Le Tissier but had the rest of the team not been up to a standard required to stay in the Premier League they would have gone down as one player even one as good as Le God can only do so much.

The Challenge

This is a one season challenge with the aim that you get one player in your squad to be both top scorer and top assister at the end of the season. You may pick any club in the game except clubs that are in continental competitions such as the Champions League, Europa League or the Asian and North American equivalents. You are only allowed one transfer into your chosen club and that player must be your challenger or you can also use a player already in the team but in that case you are allowed no transfers in. Transfers out are allowed.

Summery

• Get one player to be top goalscorer and top assister at the end of the season.
  • You may be any club in any nation and division in the game but that club must not play in a continental competition.
  •  You may bring one player into the club but he must be your challenger. You may also use a player already at the club and in that case you may not bring any a player in. No other transfers in are allowed.
  • Transfers out are allowed.

• 1 point for every goal your challenger get.
  • 2 points for every assist.
  • If a different player than your challenger is top scorer then -1 point for every goal he scores more than your challenger.
  • If a different player than your challenger is top assiter then -2 points for every assist he get more than your challenger.

EG. Your challenger scores 20 goals and gets 20 assists then he scores 60 points but another player in your squad has 25 goals and 21 assists you then lose 7 points meaning your challenge total is 53 points.

Rules

• No editing, IGE, reloading or cheating in anyway.
  • Nov or Feb DB is fine but no unofficial DBs.
  • OME or EME is fine and i will have two leaderboards so just state which engine you used.
  • Screenshots as proof are required so why not post a career for us to follow.
  • Have fun.

Any questions just ask.

Leaderboards

@Rob: Leicester City - Gylfi Sigurdsson-68 points

@Argentinela: Lille - Nicolas Pepe - 68 points

@Kanegan: Everton - Josh King - 66 points

@martinbog19: West Ham - Florian Thauvin - 55 points

@tbogaert19: Leicester City - Memphis Depay - 54 points

Thanks for reading and all comments are appreciated. 

Looks good and like Rob’s one (Race To 50) it looks manageable for players that don’t have all the time in the world (ie: me) so yeah hopefully gonna attempt that soon!

On 13/05/2019 at 19:12, Gunners Rishi said:

Looks good and like Rob’s one (Race To 50) it looks manageable for players that don’t have all the time in the world (ie: me) so yeah hopefully gonna attempt that soon!

Great look forward to seeing how you get on if you do give it a go.

23 hours ago, 1759 said:

Another great short challenge.😀

I’ll add this one to my bucket list. 

How bigs your bucket?!?

22 hours ago, Rob said:

I love this one Foxy.

This one is nearly tailor made for your skill mate so will you give it a cheeky little try?

2 hours ago, Ran7777 said:

Great challenge.

Will you attempt this challenge in near future @Foxy ??

Maybe but not anytime soon as I have something else far more frustrating (for myself) and hopefully entertaining (for us all) starting soon.

3 hours ago, Argentinela said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133dimageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133dThis is my attempt to do @Foxy ’s one man team challenge

I did it with pépé at lille. So I didn’t buy any player. 

At the end of the challenge pépé scored 24 goals and got 22 assists in 44 games.imageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133d

7A19AE84-68B2-439B-95FD-575347C320D3.png

B6914A13-E1CB-4C34-A3E4-6EB11812CB85.png

8F9EC378-5C71-4894-B7C4-FAE9A35260FD.png

8C88AD09-C730-4390-9FFE-3E2E4144D95C.png

FE9D306D-F3AF-4A0F-A102-F2D0D9416BA9.png

61B289A5-F301-4BFD-893F-FD776FAD72DA.png

24 goals + 22 assists = 68 points

Here is my attempt if anyone is intrested