Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Foxy is the Boondocks Rogue: Club 11

Introduction

Welcome to what could be a very frustrating career for me but hopefully it will be entertaining as well for both me to play and you guys to watch. Once I finished my Mitrovic 1kc and 80 Games saves I had planned that I would take a little break from posting careers especially with a house move coming up in the next few weeks but for some reason I had about a week off the game and now feeling raring to go with something new. One thing I have never done during my time playing CM/FM and now FMM is change clubs during a save and for the last few years I have hardly done any LLM so this save is going to tick both those boxes. This will also be my first (and maybe only ever) save using the OME.

This isn’t a new idea as @Ashez created this idea back in the FMM17 days. Back in the autumn when FMM19 was all shiny and new Ash linked me to his version of this and I had a read through and loved the idea and put it on my “to do list”. It got put on the back burner for a while especially as someone else made an attempt at it in the autumn but didn’t get far into it. 

Now it’s my turn to attempt

The Lower League Rogue

The idea of this save is that I start unemployed and start applying for jobs. Once I get a job I have to avoid defeat for as long as I can as once I do get beaten in any competitive game I must resign my post and go back and look for a new club. This cycle continues until I win a trophy which can be a league or cup of any kind.

This is the set up of the save. You can see I have no rep which means I will be struggling to get jobs any higher than the lower reaches of the leagues loaded, I do have a bronze coaching badge though so that may help me get jobs.

60EE24A9-77F3-4B0E-BEEA-F9F6640A27F7.thumb.png.a850849e8157ef66f27867da0217d061.png

When Ashez attempted this he was restricted by the fact that we could only load the lower leagues in one nation so he stuck to just England but that has changed now so I have decided to load 4 of the major leagues in the British Isles. I decided against Wales simply because they have no lower divisions in game so it wouldn’t feel totally like it was a LLM save even though obviously the Welsh league is rank. Also they only have one cup whereas Ireland and Northern Ireland have loads of them so increases my chances of winning something. I would like to visit every country in Britain during this save and of course there are Welsh teams in the English league so maybe a job like Wrexham maybe an option at some point.

I have loaded to the lowest level in every nation.

06E6A48D-182F-444F-A899-D72C031A7573.thumb.png.f373c29ee9bf3a47388528ed2f731844.png

I used the November DB because that has the most jobs available to me at the beginning of the save with these leagues loaded. I will be applying for everyone of these jobs although Argentina and the USA may not be interested in my services.

Scotland or Ireland might be an interesting place to start but we shall see who offers me a job first as I will take the first offer I get.

2E91DC95-779F-4BCB-BB06-DE4C2F4968FC.thumb.png.eb43270fb15641f0a938b2e5dd0372c5.png

I will be posting updates per club I manage and let’s be honest I’m not going to be at many teams for long so I should be able to post fairly regularly with this. I plan that the updates will be short and sweet without huge amounts of detail mainly because I won’t be at clubs long enough for a huge amount of detail anyway I don’t think.

I hope you will enjoy following this tour through the boondocks of British football as I think it is going to be bumpy ride.

Here is @Ashez attempt at this from back in 2017.

Thanks for reading and all comments are appreciated.

He is getting the punishment in now to get him self ready for a stressfull house move!

Looking forward to see who takes the plunge on the Fox.

Ohh now i understood your frustration and our entertainment 😁😂😂

Btw goodluck with this👍👍

Edited by Ran7777
15 hours ago, Rob said:

You must really hate yourself 🙄😅

Yes but therapy is very expensive so I just come onto Vibe instead.

14 hours ago, 1759 said:

This seems like a rather cruel challenge😂

Best of luck though.

At the moment I am excited by the constant moving clubs but ask me if it’s cruel in a few updates time if I have had a few losses in the first match 😂

13 hours ago, Woody said:

He is getting the punishment in now to get him self ready for a stressfull house move!

Looking forward to see who takes the plunge on the Fox.

Myself and Mrs F have lived in 10 different houses in our time together so we are seasoned professionals at moving! 

9 hours ago, Ran7777 said:

Ohh now i understood your frustration and our entertainment 😁😂😂

Btw goodluck with this👍👍

Hopefully more entertainment than frustration 🤞

4 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Good luck Foxy, looking forward to seeing who gives you that first job.

I got an absolutely brilliant first job which you guys will find out either tonight or tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

That Ashez career is epic - no doubt you'll be able to reach a similar standard, so looking forward to your adventure!

It sure was and hopefully my version can be just as fun.

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

I love this challenge and I'm incredibly jealous you can do this with multiple leagues loaded haha. Best of luck @Foxy :D.

Thanks mate 😀

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Have I done loads? It doesn’t feel like it.

I’m sure you’ve done around 6 or 7 this year? 😕

15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’m sure you’ve done around 6 or 7 this year? 😕

Probably but most have been short ones so maybe that’s why it doesn’t feel that many to me. You guys that have to put up with my drivel it probably feels like loads!

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Probably but most have been short ones so maybe that’s why it doesn’t feel that many to me. You guys that have to put up with my drivel it probably feels like loads!

Yup...definately drivel!😅😅

Spoiler

Just kiddin' 😆

I wasn’t talking to you mate, I was talking to your future counsellor after you lose it  in a session once you’ve finished this career 😝 

Edited by Gunners Rishi

Club 1

I had 10 jobs to go for some more attainable than others and I had decided that I would take the first job that was offered to me. As it turned out it was Shelbourne in the Irish 2nd tier who were the first to recognise my talents and offer me the job.

So it was off to Dublin we went.

C27734DE-3BCF-400C-B587-47277568A188.thumb.gif.9dae3635a698ec911b600770f5ca7c52.gif

I wasn’t joining a team in form which isn’t a big surprise if they were looking for a new gaffer.
ED45D854-347F-4A61-B1D8-3A12C4F4E9CA.thumb.jpeg.4492ae2679f453f62eac4d6c472ed860.jpeg

Saying that though I take over a club that is 2nd in the league level on points with U.C.D. so this could be a quick career if I can keep us from defeat in the final 9 games of the season and win the league.

0050B5CE-A081-446B-B01C-F99B66B6E5EB.thumb.jpeg.2719710e3eec47b960e13c30b1a3bd48.jpeg
We made an excellent start and I was starting to think this might be a very short career as we won our first 4 league games.
What I hadn’t factored in was any cups. We needed penalties to beat Drogheda before we cruised past St Mary’s but this set up a tie with Premier Division Dundalk.
C73F10B0-8B12-43A2-9AC1-A1171B93FEBD.thumb.jpeg.d3bc6ffc590440bf5786a8ef49590d03.jpeg

We beat Drogheda in our next game but that was the end of the line for our time at Shelbourne.

The Defeat
No complaints as we got outclassed by a better team.
C80A4EE5-AD78-46F3-8DED-18481632F617.thumb.png.e3ed247612258a15448332da7ec78b8b.png

How We Left It

We had a good run at it with 7 straight wins albeit one was thanks to penalties and we left them top of the league.

2CE3F0D6-2711-4F5D-9D04-D348200C666E.thumb.jpeg.9fec0e0d8ee432e0c12e0500b96f34c4.jpeg

A4F27DD1-BB6C-4725-866B-C2E54390B195.thumb.jpeg.acd7dd12db4aacc856b9ab5f3a44f011.jpeg
And so we resign from our first club. No doubt the first of many
A5FEBE6A-BEB3-4F84-86A0-B35FFA69651E.thumb.png.4b46c37c4e5dcbc3d2401fbe9d4a9ef0.png

Clubs Managed So Far
Shelbourne - Ireland: W:6 D:1 L:1 Goals Scored: 29 Conceded:6

Thanks for reading and all comments are appreciated.
11 hours ago, Rob said:

Quite the run you went on there. Cups are always going to be the killer in this!

It was a nice little run that got my hopes up until I drew Dundalk! I was hoping that the Senior Challenge Cup was an all lower league affair but no such luck.

10 hours ago, 1759 said:

Decent effort that for your first club. Hopefully the first of many.😆

Love the little stadium zoom in!

Oh I’m sure it will be the first of many clubs but maybe not “decent efforts”!

Cheers. 

Always had a soft spot for Shelbourne in my family, so good work. I've got a feeling you will end up completing this challenge quickly, actually.

24 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Always had a soft spot for Shelbourne in my family, so good work. I've got a feeling you will end up completing this challenge quickly, actually.

I was surprised that they were in the 2nd tier as even with my very limited knowledge of domestic Irish football they are one of the teams I have heard of.

Might he quick if I get a lucky break towards the end of the season and get a job with a team in a final or on the verge of winning a league.

Not the start I expected to this career! It was always going to be tough against a top division side though. I’m glad it’s not over quickly, let’s put it like that! 😛

Bet they were gutted when you resigned!

But thats a decent start for you CV, hopefully you won't be jobless for long 😉

59 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Not the start I expected to this career!

In what way?

59 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’m glad it’s not over quickly, let’s put it like that! 😛

You sound like Mrs F!

17 minutes ago, Woody said:

Bet they were gutted when you resigned!

But thats a decent start for you CV, hopefully you won't be jobless for long 😉

Don’t worry I have desperate clubs queuing up for my services!

47 minutes ago, Foxy said:

In what way?

Just that you were damn close to winning a trophy. Had the side been eliminated in the cups before you took over then the league title was a certainty. I expected a side that was battling relegation lol

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Just that you were damn close to winning a trophy. Had the side been eliminated in the cups before you took over then the league title was a certainty. I expected a side that was battling relegation lol

The thing was I actually forgot that Ireland is a summer league and that they would be half way through the season when I took the job. I had decided I would take the first job offered and I didn’t check league position or any details at all really just clicked accept.