Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2019 The Final: Results

88496680-8EF0-403C-B703-840A8901E8D2.png.fe56ed051c251fe9bf349e38533d4491.png

Welcome to the Vibe World Cup 2019.

This is the 2nd edition of this team competition with the Welsh combo of @Taff and @Nucleuswinning last years final and @PriZe taking the Golden Mobile award for the competitions top points scorer. We won’t be seeing any of those guys this year with Taff and PriZe both AWOL and Nuke taking a break from competitive events. This means a new name will be on both trophies in 5 weeks time.

I will be sharing hosting duty’s with 1759 this year and I want to thank him for his excellent input so far and taking some of the burden of posting from me. 

The Format

We have 5 teams representing nations from around the world but before we meet them let me run you through the format that the tournament will be taking. 

• Week 1: The pressure is on straight away as week 1 will be a qualifying phase with all 5 teams trying to secure a place in the group stage. The team with the worst score will be heading home this week.
  • Weeks 2-4: This will be a 3 week group stage as teams battle for a place in the final. All 4 teams will compete against one another with points awarded for the best score (5 points) all the way to the worst (1 point) for each challenge.
  • Week 5: The top 2 teams in the group stage will go through to the final where they will face off for the title of world champions.

The Teams

Each team is made up of two Vibers so let’s meet the teams. I sent Vibes roving reporter Sexy Sue   to find out a little more information on the members of each team.

So let’s meet the competitors.

5BB9A7F2-F2DC-4057-88DB-60844954A77C.png.3f607e2178360447bab2f7a10d701f13.pngScotland

The Scots make there VWC debut this year and they will be looking to perform better than the national football team as they have never made it past a World Cup group stage. At first glance these lads don’t seem the most Scottish but delve deeper and it tells a different story.

@samhardy: We all know Sam as a true lad of the North East but he has his roots in the highlands of Scotland. In fact he may or may not be able to claim he is a direct descendant of Bonnie Prince Charlie and he may or may not be currently in the process of raising an army for another Jacobite rebellion. Either way he loves Irn-Bru and has a lot of family in Scotland and that’s good enough for us.

@1759: It’s a North East love in for Team Scotland as my co host completes the team. Just like Sam though 1759 has roots and family north of the border and even his display name on Vibe reflects his Scottish roots. Some say he is named after the year that Scottish poet Robert Burns was born whilst others say that 1759 is actually the number of cans of Tennents Super he drinks every week.

E3ABF5A2-C1DB-4487-9969-C2746147BD2E.png.2b2e1a3a337730816787aabfdda7f493.pngEngland

England were beaten finalists last year and the boys are back for another tilt at the title with both Rob and Woody again representing the nation that gave the world the “beautiful game”.

@Rob: You will all know Rob as the undisputed king of strikerless football but what you may not know is that he is the real life James Bond. He mainly operates in the South West of England trying to foil the plots of the Cornish and there plans to conquer England. He can often also be found frolicking in the waves on Weymouth beach with his latest female assistant after another plot has been prevented.

@Woody: The Pele of the Potteries is very much the elder statesman of Vibe and can call the former Man Utd player Alan Smith as well as Robbie Williams and Phil “The Power” Taylor close personal friends. What you may not know is that Woodys first job was on the titanic and in an interview given in 1920 he said this about that time “I was gutted when that ship sank as I loved being it’s captain”.

B77B962E-9761-4C40-AE2D-FD31CAAA115D.png.7077b04d2a67949881c4d61538fc8065.pngJapan

The Japanese make there VWC debut this year and will be hoping to mark it with victory.

@Ashez: Where would Vibe be without the input of this man over the years?!? He is also venerated in the land of the rising sun with statues in town squares and a national holiday every year on his birthday. This may surprise you that a nation could so love a normal lad from Shrewsbury but a recent report on this phenomenon in the Financial Times shed light on the subject with it stating. Over the years Ashley Sale has become vital to the Japanese economy simply by virtue of the amount of Nintendo games and paraphernalia he buys every year. Estimates by Tokyo University state that his spending alone is worth £9.2b to the Japanese economy.

@Foxy: My hope is that some of Ashez fame and glory will reflect back onto me.

7C81ACCB-E442-4666-80C9-2A30893657EE.png.f6a704c67bc327f5ae59bfa45914274e.pngCzechia

Another new team joins the party.

@smoggy90: After a strong performance in the VPL this year Smoggy will be looking to maintain that form in the VWC. Smoggy is a man who enjoys many of Czechia exports especially the Staropramen and in fact enjoys the city of Prague so much he “accidentally” missed his flight on his last visit just to fit in more drinking time.

@Mr Tree: Legend has it that a wandering Irish Bard planted an acorn whilst visiting the town of Staines on the outskirts of London. As that sapling grew he dreamed of the forests of Central Europe and the beer of Bohemia which would help him grow into a mighty oak. That’s why he uprooted himself in 2008 and moved to the Czech Republic so that he could plant a few wild acorns of his own.

19328ED6-81B0-4DD1-9828-C4423E738358.png.2980ab213d0d652c4ff6f599bf32df7c.pngBrazil

You can’t have a World Cup without the Brazilians but we aren’t exactly brimming with them round here especially as FMM isn’t for sale over there. Luckily the powers that be have rushed through passports for 2 of our members and put them up in all expenses paid penthouses over looking Copacabana beach for the duration of there participation in the tournament.

@Kanegan:Despite taking Brazilian citizenship for this event Kanegan is still a proud Indian and he is hoping that he can be successful in the VWC and take some of his homelands attention away from the Cricket and onto football for awhile. In an interview with Sexy Sue he said Well, the popularity of ISL i.e the franchise based competition similar to IPL has been increasing with every passing year and of course my country has already fallen head over heels in love after seeing my managerial skills and posting my 1st ever 1KC”.

@DutchTony: Speculation has been rife since Dutchtony joined Vibe as to just how Dutch Tony actually is. Sexy Sue spent 6 months digging around into his past and found absolutely nothing so instead just put this question to Tony and he was forthright with his answer

With my dad being from Cape Town South Africa, there will be the obvious Dutch connection if you go back far enough but that's about it.

The reason for the nickname - One day many moons ago I was chatting with some friends about my dad's background and the history of his country. I was also wearing a bright orange T shirt at the time similar to the Dutch National Team. Out of nowhere someone piped up - "Hey Dutch Tony", And the name just stuck. 

How Dutch am I? 

Not very...“

That ladies and gentlemen is your 5 teams that will be looking to be crowned world champions.

Golden Mobile Award

The Golden Mobile award will be presented at the end of the tournament to the competitor that scores the most points across all the challenges.

Team Member Numbers

One final piece of business is the matter of each competitors team member number. In each challenge you and your teammate will be using different teams or players. This ensures some variety in the competition and also stops both teammates just doing the same thing.

You are all numbered either 1 or 2 and I have already told you in your team PM what number you are but just to remind you here they are again.

Team Members Number 1: @samhardy, @Rob@Ashez, @smoggy90, @Kanegan

Team Members Number 2: @1759, @Woody, @Foxy, @Mr Tree, @DutchTony

The first challenge will go live tomorrow so in the mean time banter amongst yourself.

Super write up @Foxy, sorry I couldn’t participate, but the break will do me good :) 

40 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Robbie Williams 

Stunning story that 😆

All the best lads!

Top stuff foxy. Fortunately my English roots mean that I adhere to the belief that "it's not the winning, it's the taking part", which means I won't be sulking when I inevitably drag Smoggy down in the face of such fearsome opposition! 

So good luck to all, mainly my teammate!

I loved being Captain of the Titanic but when that sodding thing sank its was bloody Edward John Smith who ended up famous!!!

So, an Indian and a Dutch who is not so Dutch apparently are representing Team Brazil?? Wow,  @DutchTony, mate hope you pull us out of every tough spot we will be?? 

Just now, Kanegan said:

So, an Indian and a Dutch who is not so Dutch apparently are representing Team Brazil?? Wow,  @DutchTony, mate hope you pull us out of every tough spot we will be?? 

Just hope that Tony’s bribe to FIFA came through

1 hour ago, Woody said:

I loved being Captain of the Titanic but when that sodding thing sank its was bloody Edward John Smith who ended up famous!!!

They wrote you out the film as well didn’t they?

17 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Better graphics on FMM tbf 😂

FMM might only exist because of Nintendo so give them a break 😛

Hi guys

It's been a while, as I uninstalled the game while waiting for an update. I'm feeling refreshed and raring to go now though. How's everyone been? Have I missed much in the last few months? 

5 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

So Dutch Tony is about as Dutch as this guy is Chinese?

78089853-EF86-4451-81FB-66E258E62ADF.thumb.jpeg.b369d10b333bbf1db858da07ff46de13.jpeg

Excellent write up @Foxylooking forward to getting started. 

A more appropriate nickname would be 'Half English half South African but generally Greek looking Tony', but I'm not sure it's got quite the same ring to it 😄

4 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Mate if you're relying on me we're in serious serious trouble 😂

With any luck I'll do better than I did in the VPL. I couldn't possibly do any worse...

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

My mate once accidentally copped off with a tranny in Rio. That’s my connection to Brazil, that’s why I’ll be supporting them! Come on @Kanegan & @DutchTony!

Hello mate 

We'll need all the support we can get.

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

FMM might only exist because of Nintendo so give them a break 😛

I think you are right😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Kanegan said:

23 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

We'll need all the support we can get.

Let's go team Brazil🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷

50 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Hi guys

It's been a while, as I uninstalled the game while waiting for an update. I'm feeling refreshed and raring to go now though. How's everyone been? Have I missed much in the last few months? 

Hello, welcome back.

I’ve been getting on ok and I’ve still been playing the game although I’m finding it frustrating at times. 

I think there are a lot of people like you who are waiting for the next update which seems like it’ll arriving soon.

Good luck in this.😀

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

My mate once accidentally copped off with a tranny in Rio. That’s my connection to Brazil, that’s why I’ll be supporting them! Come on @Kanegan & @DutchTony!

Wow that connection😂😂👏😂😂

I request that Honda becomes the official unofficial mascot of this competition. He's Vibe royalty and deserves recognition. 

57 minutes ago, Rob said:

Someone please remind me who that is...

It’s John Henderson Rob. He’s a Scottish darts player so he’ll make a fantastic mascot here.😄