Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2019 The Final: Results

Our motto at FoxBet is “60% of the time we pay out all the time” but unfortunately in @1759 case we have had to temporarily suspend his account due to a pigeon finding its way into the vault where his account is stored.

I once got one of them stove top Italian coffee pot things from IKEA. It was a nicely priced stainless steal one but the threads where it screwed on were not quite right and when I put it on the stove to make some coffee after a few minutes the lid fired off and I had coffee all over the kitchen, walls ceiling the lot😂

It turned out quite expensive in the end as I had to re paint the kitchen🤣

3 hours ago, Woody said:

You cant leave Ikea without a little wooden pencil and a paper tape measure.

Its law.

That's what he's writing the results up with!

It's that or @Foxy knows something I don't and he's off to measure the trophy cabinet 

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's what he's writing the results up with!

It's that or @Foxy knows something I don't and he's off to measure the trophy cabinet 

Possibly or him and Mrs Fox broke the bed again! 😉

Group Stage Week 3 Results

This is the final week of the group stage and at the end of this update we will be saying goodbye to two teams as the other two progress to next weeks final. Remember Scotland qualified last week after winning the first two challenges so it was between England, Japan and Brazil for the final place. Brazil need to win this weeks challenge and hope that England and Japan finish 3rd and 4th plus they need to overturn a hefty overall points deficit as well. Much more likely is that it is a straight shootout between England and Japan and which ever team finishes higher this week will be in the final.

The Challenge

In honour of Messi being the only player to score at World Cup finals in his teens, 20s and 30s you had to buy Argentine strikers in each age bracket and get as many goals as possible at three teams in three different 2nd tier leagues.

There is a lot of information in this weeks challenge and I am going to try and make it all as concise as possible.

With Scotland already qualified they decided to rest the “big guns” this week and Sam never submitted any scores. 

Teens

Spoiler

I think this was the trickiest of the three players as there wasn’t loads of choice and many weren’t that great. Unfortunately @DutchTonyhad a bit of a ‘mare here as he played in France despite the fact @Kanegan had already completed that nation and he needed to manage in Italy so unfortunately he scored a 0.

The results were as followed.

@Foxy: Valentin Castellanos - Academica Portugal 🇵🇹 14 Goals

@1759: Gonzalo Marconi - Hamburg Germany 🇩🇪 11 Goals + 30 league bonus points.

@Rob: Gonzalo Marconi - Palermo Italy 🇮🇹 9 Goals 

@Kanegan: Thiago Almada - Blackburn England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 4 Goals

@Woody: Fran Bonfiglio - Academica Portugal 🇵🇹 4 Goals

@Ashez: Thiago Almada - Gijon Spain 🇪🇸 2 Goals

@samhardy: 0

@DutchTony: 0

Team Points So Far

Scotland: 41pts

Japan: 16 pts

England: 13 pts

Brazil: 4 pts

20s
Spoiler

This is the players in there prime and all the competitors would be looking to score well here. After the teens Japan hold a 3 point advantage over England in the race for the final.

@Foxy: Sergio Araujo - Hamburg Germany 🇩🇪 14 goals + 28 league bonus points.

@Kanegan: Dario Benedetto - Gijon Spain 🇪🇸 14 goals

@Rob: Sergio Araujo - Hamburg Germany 🇩🇪 12 goals + 30 league bonus points

@DutchTony: Federico Falcone - Academica Portugal 🇵🇹 8 goals

@Woody: Dario Benedetto - Leeds England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 7 goals

@Ashez: Franco di Santo - Aston Villa England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 3 goals

Team Points So Far

England: 62 pts

Japan: 61 pts

Scotland: 52 pts

Brazil: 26 pts

30s

Spoiler

This is it then.

England hold a 1 point advantage going into the final age bracket thanks to 10 straight wins for @Rob getting him the maximum league bonus points and @Ashez only getting 3 goals in the crucial 20s bracket due to di Santo missing a lot of games through injury. If England can maintain that lead over the Japanese they will win the week and set up and final against the Auld Enemy.

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

@1759: Pablo Caballero - P. Ferreira Portugal 🇵🇹 10 goals

Scotland finish 4th this week with 62 points but progress to the final as group stage winners.

Brazil 🇧🇷 

@Kanegan: Ignacio Scocco - Auxurre France 🇫🇷 13 goals + 17 league bonus points.

@DutchTony: Lucas Pratto - Hamburg Germany 🇩🇪 11 goals + 24 league bonus points.

Brazil finish 3rd this week with 91 points but they finish 4th in the group stage overall and fail to qualify for the final.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

@Rob: Lucas Pratto - Metz France 🇫🇷 13 goals

@Woody: Pablo Cabellero - Malaga Spain 🇪🇸 7 goals + 22 league bonus points.

England finish this week with 98 points. This means Japan need to score 38 or more points to win the week and get to the final.

Spoiler

Japan 🇯🇵 

@Ashez: Pablo Cabellero - Lens France 🇫🇷 14 goals + 22 league bonus points.

@Foxy: Pablo Cabellero - Palermo Italy 🇮🇹 15 goals

Japan took 51 points from the 30s bracket giving them a final total of 112 points this week which wins them both the week and a place in the final.

1881A6FE-3469-4319-81A8-88CD303E5B57.thumb.png.a67809550ba85dfd17308f41ef28f461.png

Commiserations to both @Kanegan and @DutchTony who finish the event in 4th place but they gave a good showing for themselves especially as the bookies had them going out in qualifying. Had Dutch managed in Italy as he should with his teen striker it is likely they would have finished above England this week.

Taking a bronze medal is the English pair of @Rob and @Woody who I’m sure will both be disappointed that they couldn’t quite get to the final this year but as usual you both were top competitors and brought plenty of fun to the event. Hopefully you will both team up next year for a third time and perhaps get that world title you both crave.

Golden Mobile Award

As Sam has been sunning himself by the North Sea all week he has let his lead in the Golden Mobile award slip and its myself that now has a 31 point lead over @Rob but more importantly a 46 point lead over Sam who is likely to overtake Rob’s total in the final. If @1759 wants to get himself into 3rd he will need to make up 23 points over Rob and of course he still has the chance to overtake his team mate as well.

18593E82-925C-4D91-A1FA-456760A3258E.thumb.png.afec79b8c9b61850c767c5d423318520.png

So we have our final and we see the two Vibe stalwarts @Ashez and @samhardy lock horns as they look to captain there nations to glory and the world title.

A324F869-43C8-47B9-B54C-B79C4312AA14.thumb.png.e921722e58251d529eefde8da2151bf2.png

The finalists can now have a couple of days off to recharge there batteries as I plan to post the final challenge on Wednesday evening.

Thanks for reading and all comments are appreciated.

BALLS!!!!

well done you Japs, HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU....just kidding. 😉

Putting my dispicable performance down to a naughty Greek mozzy!!

We shall regroup as a nation, build another new training facility in Runcorn and try and emulate how Japan play the game of football. 

Great write up Foxy👍

Sam must’ve been in a place totally different to me to be sunning himself this week.

Anyway, hard lines to England and Brazil but you’ve all made it rather easy for me in my first ever co-hosting duties so thank you.

Now onto the job at hand which is beating these Nintendo boys and giving Scotland some well deserved glory at long last.

Foxbet.png

We know now our finalists and here are Foxbet for the last time with odds for the final.

If you're thinking of placing a bet always remember...

On 12/06/2019 at 16:36, Foxy said:

Our motto at FoxBet is “60% of the time we pay out all the time

To Win The Tournament

Scotland - 2/5

Japan 7/4

Scotland start as favourites for the final as the bookies don't think @Foxy will to be able to carry the horrendous @Ashez one last time especially since they're against two unbelievable players in the final.

Golden Mobile Award

I let Foxy go ahead of me in this because I know how much it means to him to win it. It now looks like a certainty this will be the outcome unless he has an absolute nightmare in the final. A brutal challenge could mean minus scores and that means that Foxbet are still offering odds on @Rob to claim it!

Foxy - 1/10

samhardy - 6/1

1759 - 15/1

Ashez - 500/1

Rob - 2000/1

Anyone to be sacked

Who knows what the challenge will be but if it's a final it could be brutal so these could be generous odds.

Yes - 7/2

No - 1/5

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

l let Foxy go ahead of me in this because I know how much it means to him to win it

And there was me thinking you just couldnt he bothered to play last week :P 

Proper tinpot betting company this is. I finally got through to the head of company Fuddled Fox on the phone only to be told that Tony selecting a team from the wrong league essentially meant he got the sack so I even lost my stake😡

You have been warned guys.

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

head of company Fuddled Fox

If you spoke to someone claiming to be “Fuddled Fox” then you were speaking to the wrong place as I don’t deal with that kind of thing.

You need to speak to this fella 

Spoiler

2994FC6A-373E-4D0D-A5C9-015FDED7C896.thumb.jpeg.aba1716ba0e348e93e3dce82bbb751bd.jpeg

who goes by the name Mental Micky as is our head of customer relations.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

If you spoke to someone claiming to be “Fuddled Fox” then you were speaking to the wrong place as I don’t deal with that kind of thing.

You need to speak to this fella 

Hide contents

2994FC6A-373E-4D0D-A5C9-015FDED7C896.thumb.jpeg.aba1716ba0e348e93e3dce82bbb751bd.jpeg

who goes by the name Mental Micky as is our head of customer relations.

😂 

VWC 2019 Final

Welcome to the final of this years Vibe World Cup. It’s all set up to be a mouth watering final as the Scottish team of @samhardy and @1759 take on the Japanese team lead by @Ashez and myself. The Scots are the runaway favourites having top scored in 2 of the 4 challenges so far to get to this stage but the Japanese are up for the fight as well so it’s all up for grabs.

The final is a straight shoot out and the team with the highest score will be crowned champions.

The Sell Them Slowly UWC Nation Locke

The premise of this challenge goes way back to the first ever international football match between Scotland and England on November 30th 1872 although the story really begins between the Auld Enemies but in 1967.

As we all know England won the World Cup in 1966 and nearly a year later they played Scotland at Wembley in the Home Nations Championship. The Scots ran out 3-2 winners thanks to goals from Denis Law, Bobby Lennox and Jim McCalliog in a result that lead Scotland fans to dub themselves world champions. Fast forward to the early 2000’s and the story of Scotland’s win and there fans assertion that it made them world champions caught the attention of journalist Paul Brown.

He decided to trace back to the very first international match and track every unofficial world champion since then. The premise is simply if you beat the current champions you become the champions. That first match back in 1872 was a 0-0 draw so the UWC title remained vacant until the 8th March 1873 when England beat Scotland 4-2 and became the first UWC.

The currant UWC champions are Germany who won the crown on the 24th March this year beating Netherlands and there last defence came in June when they beat Estonia 8-0.

More info on the UWC can be found here: https://www.ufwc.co.uk/

The Challenge

This weeks challenge is in 2 parts so I am going to break it down and try and explain it as simply as possible.

Club Choice

You first need to choose a club and you can be any club in any league you wish within Europe so long as they play in a league which follows the conventional August-May/June (CL final is on 1st June) schedule. One important rule is that you and your team mate must manage in different countries though.

Squad Building

This is the list of the 10 nations that have held the UWC title the most.

A5F02402-9891-4E38-AADA-1ED3768577B1.thumb.jpeg.48568bc1f2017a9c4cf727df7b3a21b0.jpeg

You must build a squad of 20 outfield players using all 10 nations but there’s a twist. You must use the Nation Locke which pairs players together by nation and position on the pitch.

You will decide on a formation and then you will pair up the outfield positions in a logical way so for example CB+CB, CM+CM or ST+ST. Each pair then need to be players of the same nation from the top 10 above so that you have 20 players in 10 pairs. 

This screenshot using just a basic 442 may explain it better and as you see the RB+RCB are Brazilians, LCB+LB are French, RM+RCM are English, LCM+LM are German and the strikers are Argentine. 

Spoiler

A1DDA6F8-72D0-43B8-B18E-7CFF8CB3938E.thumb.jpeg.7d818943a10198a46fb92fea2cb5217b.jpeg

The player pairs must make sense so they are in positions that link to there pair. This means you can’t link a CB to a ST or a RB to a LB if you have CBs in between. You can link say RWB to a LWB if you had no DMs in between. If in doubt send me the screenshot of your formation for confirmation.

The pairs must be made before the season starts.

You may use players already at the club to make the pairs so long as you only use the nations on the list and all other first team players must be sold for whatever price you can get. Your GK may be any nationality you wish except for a nation on the top 10 list.

Once the season starts you may only play a player if he is with his pair so for example if your English CB is suspended then his partner may not play either and you will need to play the other pair. You may use players from your reserve team either real or greyed out as back ups and your subs bench for every game must be made up of reserve or greyed out players.

These 20 players are the only transfers in you are allowed and must all be in place by the first competative game of the season.

Once The Season Begins

This is a full season challenge and all competitive games count towards your score.

At the end of each month you will need to sell/demote your pair with the highest combined AvR (simply add up each pairs AvR and the highest pair have to go) so by May you will have sold 9 pairs and if your season goes as far as June all pairs will have been sold/demoted. These players may not play again and it is only your pairs that need to be added and not any reserve or greyed out players you use. You may have the no transfer window unlockable to assist in selling these players.

You will be awarded 3 pts for a win and 1pt for a draw in all competitive matches. In the event of a tie the team with the best GD will win.

Clarifications and Rules

• You may be any club you wish in a European league that runs from August to May/June. You and your team mate may not manage clubs in the same nation.
  • You must make 10 pairs of players using all the nationality’s on the above list. You may use players already at the club or buy players in but no loans. These outfield 20 players make up your first team squad and along with 2 GK if needed are the only transfers in allowed and must all be bought by the first competitive game.
  • The pairs positions must be logical so playing next to or just in front if each other on the pitch with no other players between them.
  • All other first team players must be sold or demoted and may not be used at any point in the challenge.
  • You may have 2 GK in the squad and they must come from nations not on the top 10 list. These can either already be at the club or bought in.
  • You may use players from your reserve team (except demoted first teamers) or greyed out players as back ups but you may not demote first team players to then use as back ups. The reserve players don’t need to paired with a player from the same nation and cannot be used to create a pair with a first teamer.
  • The subs bench must be made up of these back up players.
  • A first team player may only play if he is on the pitch with his pair.
  • On the last day of each month one pair must be sold/demoted. This is done by adding each pairs combined AvR and the pair with the highest goes. Both players in the pair must go and they can never be used again during the save, reserve or greyed out players aren’t to be counted. If you have a game on the last day of the month you may play the pair then do the calculations after that match but before the 1st of the next month.
  • If two pairs have the same combined AvR you may choose which goes.
  • No transfer window may be used to sell the pairs as the season goes on but no more players may be purchased.
  • No cheating or editing of any kind.
  • Only SI databases but either Nov or Feb is fine.
  • No unlockables
  • Gold badge and superstar rep is fine.
  • You may be asked for you save file and failure to produce it will lead to you being disqualified.

Screenshots

• The tactics screen showing players laid out in formation to show there pairs.
  • Transfers in and out at end of the season.
  • Manager profile and history.
  • Final league table.
  • Either Cup finals or the game you are knocked out of each cup.
  • Squad by list of appearances.

Deadline: Tuesday 25th June @6pm UK Time

Absolutely love it, now this is my type of challenge! 

13 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Nice challenge!

I think this might be the first challenge I’ve done where I’ll need a pen and paper😂

Wait you don't have a FMM notebook? That's like essential Vibing imo.