Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2019 The Final: Results

I'm shocked my score was the highest! Thought at least a couple would surpass it but was happy enough with my run in the end. Looks like the main difference was the keeper as mine did a great job, I set up quite defensively as I thought that benefited the players at the club and hit on the counter.

Screenshot_2019-05-22-11-15-53.png

Updated odds are coming later as I won't be about much next couple of days

And here are the beauties.

Foxbet.png

To Win The Tournament

After the shock loss of Czechia in the qualifying round it shows that anything can happen but you would have thought to maximise your chances of going all the way both players in the team need to be firing. Two more than solid performances from @Rob and @Woody see Team England become new very narrow favourites for the crown. It's too close to call though between England, Scotland and Japan with Brazil as huge outsiders but they pulled off a shock in qualifying so who knows where they can go from here!

England - 2/1F

Scotland - 5/2

Japan - 3/1

Brazil - 12/1

Golden Mobile Award

A good performance in qualifying from @Foxy sees him stay as favourite for the Golden Mobile although the highest score from @samhardy moves up to evens. Team England both come in with @1759 and @Ashez lurking behind and @Kanegan and @DutchTony still unfancied but their odds are looking a lot better after that qualifying round.

Foxy - 10/11F

samhardy - Evs

Rob - 3/1

Woody - 9/2

1759 - 7/1

Ashez -  9/1

Kanegan - 14/1

DutchTony - 14/1

And here are the joyous specials.

England to win the group phase - 15/8

Tony to go the group phase without being sacked - 5/2

England v Scotland final - 3/1

Woody to submit last - 1/66

Ashez to admit to someone that he regrets signing up - 10/11

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Ashez to admit to someone that he regrets signing up - 10/11

Amazed this hasn't happened yet....What's the odds on me enjoying it? 

5 hours ago, DutchTony said:

WTF?? @Kanegan We got through 😱

Yes that was shocking. Never thought we will qualify. Congrats to all and tough luck to Czechia 

Thank you to @Foxy for inviting me to be his co host and hopefully I won’t hinder the smooth running of the event. 

The first group stage challenge will be posted tomorrow and it’s a bit of a reward to those who qualified as compared to last weeks it’s a walk in the park but hopefully most of you will enjoy it.

Edited by 1759
7 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Thank you to @Foxy for inviting me to be his co host and hopefully I won’t hinder the smooth running of the event. 

The first group stage challenge will be posted tomorrow and it’s a bit of a reward to those who qualified as compared to last weeks it’s a walk in the park but hopefully most of you will enjoy it.

Ah, so you are good cop to @Foxy‘s bad cop. 😂

39 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Well after the incredible qualification of Brazil and how awful the last challenge was this seems that the VWC’s going to be as exciting as ever

54 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I don’t think it is going to be a reward for everyone except that it’s quick.

Just as some extra info from the last challenge I thought it would be good each week to total Team Member 1 and 2 total scores so that we can see if there is any difference between the teams or players that each half of the teams need to use.

This weeks totals were slightly skewed by Mr Trees 4 but here they are.

Team Member 1 - Hanover: 303 total points

Team Member 2 - Hertha Berlin: 254 total points

So a difference of 49 points in favour of Team Members 1 this week.

Vibe World Cup 2019: Group Stage

Before I post this weeks challenge I first want to congratulate England, Japan, Scotland and Brazil on qualifying for the group stage and offer my commiserations to Czechia who unfortunately missed out.

A quick reminder of the format for the rest of the tournament.

• The group stage will consist of 3 challenges played over 3 weeks.
  • All 4 teams will compete against each other and the best score each week will gain 5 points, second best 3 points, third best 2 points and fourth best 1 point.
  • At the end of the group stage the top two teams will go on to contest the final.

Now onto this weeks challenge.

Group Stage Challenge 1

Peter Shilton / Fabien Barthez

The current record for the most clean sheets by a goalkeeper in World Cup history is jointly held by Peter Shilton and Fabien Barthez with both having kept 10 clean sheets in World Cup games.

Peter Shilton gained his first international cap for England in 1970 and went on to win a county record of 125 caps in an international career that spanned nearly 20 years. Peter was in goal for England in the 1986 World Cup when Diego Maradona scored the famous 'Hand of God' goal in the quarter final. If that wasn't bad enough then Maradona's next goal must've been a kick in the teeth as he ghosted past half of the England team before slotting the ball home to score one of the best individual goals of al time. Shilton's last major tournament was the 1990 World Cup held in Italy and although England had a decent tournament they went out in the semi final against Germany on penalties.

192px-Peter_Shilton_Euro_1980.jpg.7ea3587a54073f110245097984e687e1.jpg

Fabien Barthez gained his first international cap in 1994 and went on to gain 87 caps during a golden era for the French national team. He kept 5 clean sheets to help France win the World Cup in 1998 and I'm sure a few of you will remember him famously letting Laurent Blanc kiss his shaved head just before every match kicked off. His last international tournament was the 2006 World Cup held in Germany where he kept another 4 clean sheets as France went all the way to the final where they faced Italy. They lost the final on a penalty shoot out but the match is largely remembered for the Zidane sending off in extra time.

Fabien_Barthez_at_OM.jpg.43f41f3009f5c570a0c6936c3eab56eb.jpg

For this weeks challenge you will be playing half a season and trying to keep as many clean sheets as possible with either a Peter Shilton or Fabien Barthez replacement in goal.

Team Member 1

So thats @Rob, @Ashez, @samhardy, @Kanegan

Peter Shilton began his career at Leicester City so you will take over them and transfer in an English goalkeeper to be your modern day Peter Shilton. You must also sign a back up goalkeeper who must also be English and he must be 16 years old or younger on day of purchase. You can also if desired sign up to 2 defenders who must also be English and must be Natural Light Green at either DC, DR or DL position on day of purchase.

Team Member 2

So thats @Woody, @Foxy, @DutchTony

Fabien Barthez ended his career at Nantes so you will take over them and transfer in a French goalkeeper to be your modern day Fabien Barthez. You must also sign a back up goalkeeper who must also be French and must be 16 years old or younger on day of purchase. You can also if desired sign up to 2 defenders who must also be French and must be Natural Light Green at either DC, DR or DL position on day of purchase.

Other Clarifications

• All of the goalkeepers in your squad when you take over regardless of nationality must be sold or demoted and cannot play in any league games.
  • No other incoming transfers allowed but you can make as many outgoings as you wish.
  • This is a half season challenge so just play the first 19 league games.
  • In the event that both of your goalkeepers become injured or unavailable you must use a grayed out goalkeeper and any league clean sheets in this scenario don't count towards your points.
  • Make sure you manage the correct team and transfer in the correct nationality of players as failure to do so will result in zero points.
  • Only league games count towards your points.

Scoring

• League points.
  • 2 points per league clean sheet with either your main / back up goalkeeper in goal.
  • In the even of a tie it will be the team with the least league goals conceded between both team members.

Rules

• Enhanced Match Engine (EME) only.
  • Official SI databases only.
  • No editing in any way.
  • No unlockables but you can use whatever coaching badge or manager reputation you want.
  • No reloading.
  • Screenshots must be submitted in your team PM.
  • If myself or Foxy have any suspicions we may ask for the save and failure to provide it will mean elimination.
  • Failure to submit a score will mean zero points and will massively let down your teammate.

Required Screenshots

• Attributes of main goalkeeper after 19 league games.
  • Attributes of back up goalkeeper on day he is purchased.
  • Attributes of defenders on day they are purchased.
  • League table.
  • Full fixture list.
  • League team stats clean sheets page.
  • Squad by order of appearances after 19 league games.
  • Transfers page.
  • Manager profile and history.
  • Screenshots of any league games where you kept a clean sheet without your main or back up goalkeeper in goal.

Deadline

7.30pm UK Time Saturday 1st June 2019

Have Fun

Really well researched and a fun challenge too. Good work @1759 👍🏻

I would wish everyone good luck but frankly I wouldn’t mean it so I will just say good luck to my teammate @Ashez and hope that the rest of you crash and burn!!!

Wow this is a fun challenge. I realise I'm going to doom myself by saying this but I reckon I should do ok at this challenge. And of course by ok, I mean I shouldn't get sacked 😂

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Yes. Nice challenge mate.

I agree. It just goes completely against my methodology of the game. I mean - what exactly are these clean sheets Ian talks of?!? 

Now this is the type of challenge I can get behind, cracking concept @1759

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

I would wish everyone good luck but frankly I wouldn’t mean it so I will just say good luck to my teammate @Ashez and hope that the rest of you crash and burn!!!

Good luck @Foxy, I'm not sure which of us has the harder challenge this time but I'm sure we'll come good regardless! 

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

2 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Wow this is a fun challenge. I realise I'm going to doom myself by saying this but I reckon I should do ok at this challenge. And of course by ok, I mean I shouldn't get sacked 😂

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Yes. Nice challenge mate.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

I agree. It just goes completely against my methodology of the game. I mean - what exactly are these clean sheets Ian talks of?!? 

2 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Nice challenge mate, one that i generally struggle with as defense is not my cup of tea.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Now this is the type of challenge I can get behind, cracking concept @1759

Good luck @Foxy, I'm not sure which of us has the harder challenge this time but I'm sure we'll come good regardless! 

Cheers guys, I’m glad everyone seems to like the challenge.

Good luck everyone but especially Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Oh dear oh dear...

Nice challenge! Pretty tempted to give it a go just to see how I get on and if I really am nowhere as good as I'd like to think... 😭

But I'm scared of the truth, plus a lot going on here - I've only managed to get in 2hrs on my goal-a-mile save in the last 3 days, tragic!

Good luck all, and remember, enjoy yourselves :D

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Ffs what you doing to him!!! 

Get your head in the game Ashley.

Blame Southgate and his amateurs!!! 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Blame Southgate and his amateurs!!! 

I let you off then and blame the game as he should be retired from international football.

I’m hearing rumours that someone is so into this competition and is loving it so much he has already submitted.

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

So you don’t have to sign the two English defenders it’s just optional? Just the keepers to bring in and then you can use the initial squad

Correct Sam the defenders are optional.

On 27/05/2019 at 16:36, Ashez said:

Oh come on! 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Screenshot_2019-05-25-09-22-05.thumb.png.f964a7a9c7a727e627d030a488782153.png

In September too. I had him out for a month, but two months in what is basically a four and a half month challenge is minging luck.