Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2019 The Final: Results

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

@Ashez @1759

Have you seen this appalling treatment of a fellow participant?

Please inform me how you are going to deal with this.

I'm not gonna do anything. 

@Foxy look at that clear disrespect tagging the wrong member. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I'm not gonna do anything. 

@Foxy look at that clear disrespect tagging the wrong member. 

Foxy doesn't stick to the rules anyway so there's no point in tagging him :P

1 minute ago, 1759 said:

As co-host of this prestigious event I must warn @samhardy that if you continue with this squabbling you may suffer a points deduction or even elimination from this event😛

Even your own team mate is against you Sam 😛

I think based on the fact that I’m the only participant who has acted in a respectable way towards fellow participants today that I should just gain 40 bonus points for the final challenge. 

Only fair way to sort this out.

You're all freaking loonies - good luck! I've re-read the challenge twice and still not sure what language it's even written in?! 😜

19 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

I've re-read the challenge twice and still not sure what language it's even written in?! 😜

Well I’m from the West Country so English is my 2nd language!

1 hour ago, ATLien96 said:

Wow that challenge sounds interesting. Might be really hard to squeak out results towards the end of the season.

I’m at the end of October and the squad is already looking interesting 😬

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

@1759 is the first to submit and rumours suggest that the other 3 competitors could all be finished this weekend as well so potentially we could have a Sunday evening reveal.

Sly request or just a possibility? 😛

I'm in March so I just need a chance to knock the last section out. 

Whatever happens though I've massively enjoyed this round 

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Sly request or just a possibility? 😛

I'm in March so I just need a chance to knock the last section out. 

Whatever happens though I've massively enjoyed this round 

Just a possibility as it doesn’t worry me much when I do the reveal.

Gotta build that hype though!

I think it took me longer to get my team ready than it did to play the season😂

Proper great challenge this though and I highly recommend the two challenges it’s based off if anyone is struggling for a save idea.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

No although I am the only one not finished.

Results should be tomorrow evening.

What?!?! I rushed for nothing?!?! 

Jokes!

I played it first thing purely because hayfever has been a bitch lately so I played when I could actually see haha, currently all I can see are my eyes watering 😂

B882AF40-777F-4C44-B35C-30570B7CD1DA.thumb.png.c9088f2457a10b448dc31b77fe2f95a9.png

The time has come to reveal who will be crowned this years Vibe World Cup Champions.

The final saw Scotland represented by @samhardy and @1759 take on the Japanese team of @Ashez and myself. The final challenge was a bit complicated so I won’t bore you with the details now. If you do need to recap this link will take you to that post.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/43484-vibe-world-cup-2019-the-final-scotland-v-japan/?do=findComment&comment=384320

With this being quite a detailed challenge it will be difficult for me to give you all the details of each competitors attempt but hopefully I can do you all justice and keep it easy to read.

One final thing to say is this was a tough challenge with the squad getting steadily worse as the months went on so it is a huge credit to all 4 competitors that no one got sacked.

So enough of that lets reveal the score and crown our champions.

1759: Leyton Orient

Club choice was always going to play a factor in this final and Ian played a blinder going with Orient who have the best squad in the National League and have a good chance of cup runs in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy as well.

This is the 2 XIs that Ian put together and an interesting formation as well.

Spoiler

594936CE-DCE5-43A1-AFBF-8A64ADF5F400.png.c232d7dce25eb345ac1e6e6b20803da6.png1C38ABFA-BB01-476D-A222-71EE67216EBE.png.902d1a4134af7f0f2151691af742ff1c.png

A key part of this challenge was the cup games I think because they give the bonus points on top of league games as well. This is probably where Ian struggled a bit although he did get through 2 FA cup rounds before being knocked out by Fleetwood. In the FA Trophy he faired a little better as he won 3 matches before Aldershot did for him in round 4 although that means he still missed out on some potential points especially with the 2 legged semi final.

In the league Ian met all club expectations by winning the league with a very healthy 96 points including 30 wins, 6 draws and 10 defeats.

All this added up to a score of....

1759: 111 points

Spoiler

29162A4B-B682-4054-9C6C-9E17428A7B16.png.34abe57493851ed6f585bea4906180e6.png

Certainly not the perfect season but a good start for the Scots nonetheless.

Ashez: PSG

How could the Japanese respond?

@Ashez was the first from Team Japan to submit. He choose to go down the big club route and opted for PSG with the reasoning that they already had a good spine of eligible players already at the club and an abundance of money to complete the squad. This coupled with 38 league games and then 3 different cup competitions means he could get plenty of point scoring opportunities.

This was his teams.

Spoiler

FCF1DD50-2204-4992-A5C2-C8A22BF4A35A.png.94fdc677be4058455ebcec3bcd1f1fa6.png47D43E04-1D52-4947-9092-31AAAE5707A5.png.94e443be2389c0ee3ad33ceeea41aef8.png

Ash had a good run in both domestic cups as he reached the final of the League Cup losing to Nice and the semi final of the FA Cup but succumbed to St Ettiene. In the Champions league he got out of a group involving Roma, Porto and Malmo to set up a game with Schalke. Despite registering a win in the first leg he eventually went out on away goals in the round of 16 as his squad started to deplete.

Squad depletion was certainly in evidence towards the end of the league season as well with 7 of his 9 league defeats coming from March onwards.

This left Ashez with

108 points 

Spoiler

D9AC3C75-A1BD-44E2-BC54-13FD0E887457.png.35018d933bc08821fc82450e22d228be.png

This means that at the half way point Scotland have a narrow 3 point lead in the final.

Scotland: 111 points

Japan: 108 points

samhardy: Crusaders

Just as in the VPL final Sam went with a team in Northern Ireland due to the ridiculous number of cups and potential matches they have in there league.

This was his squad.

Spoiler

43753092-D7D6-4BE1-928F-A56AC53D42F9.png.ff362fe26817179cbb4d61cda8450c82.pngBED0F36D-BC85-4929-8483-80B18AF8B673.png.c727147cd7a23c6fd321c4cfb399709c.png

In a shocking turn of events Sam didn’t win every tinpot trophy going in Northern Ireland as he lost in the final of the prestigious Steel & Sons Cup and also got knocked out the Irish Cup in the semi final stage. He did win 3 other cups and make the group stage of the Europa League picking up a famous win over AA Gent in that one.

In the league it was a procession with just 4 draws and 4 lost games to blemish his record as he won the league with 96 points.

All this added up to...

173 points

Spoiler

8AEA5BD3-B8BE-4569-B3C7-CF090B3509FB.png.8fda2c8ddbc3fb1aeb82c2b29870ec18.png

That gives Scotland a total of 284pts.

Foxy: Sunderland

That means I would need to score 177 points in order for Japan to win the final. What we needed was a hero and I felt I was the perfect man to fit the bill and break Scottish hearts.

I choose Sunderland due to the large number of league games and the Checkatrade trophy. On top of that I also had the league cup and FA Cup so plenty of games with 60+ matches more than possible. Sunderland also have some good reserves and excellent facilities so I felt the squad I could build would do well week in week out versus teams like Luton 🤮

This was my squad.

Spoiler

Screenshot 1 shows my true formation as I laid out the team in the default 442 and then forgot to get both screenshots in my actual formation. The pairs still work though.

BCD682C7-3082-4EEC-87B3-4581A4820F06.thumb.png.66b511a492664f90431cd8943296adc6.pngF7B88CA4-797B-4802-B952-DF5B13A2D422.thumb.png.967b8c26fd59c67a7b8939fd814d2042.png

The only problem with the cups is you have to rely on a favourable draw. I didn’t worry about the first few rounds as I felt I could beat any team in leagues 1 and 2 but after that it could be tricky. As it turned out that was the case as we lost to both Newcastle and Everton in the 3rd rounds of the League Cup then FA Cup respectively. The Checkatrade went much better though as I got maximum points winning the final against Gillingham.

The league was in a funny way similar to Sunderland’s actual season as we drew a lot of games but were very difficult to beat. I did do better than Ross the Boss managed though with 111 league points.

That all added up to 

Spoiler

Not enough as I could only manage 145 point in the 60 matches I played.

Spoiler

35AC4CE4-A2D2-4479-8FB4-193F5DBDDB2B.thumb.jpeg.2baab00d74027a9ab7d189ae1f494e9f.jpeg

Final Score

Scotland: 284 points

Beat

Japan: 253 points

Scotland are World Champions!!!

They take the title 31 points with my choice of Sunderland to manage proving to be a decisive error due to needing to win almost every game to have amassed enough points to take the title.

Its a huge congratulations for @samhardy and @1759 though and especially Ian who gets his first Vibe event win. They were clearly the best team all the way through the event as they amassed the most points across all 5 challenges with 884 to the next nearest which was Japan with 838.

I believe an open top bus parade is planned for tomorrow around Edinburgh to celebrate the greatest sporting triumph in Scotland’s history.

Golden Mobile

Spoiler

I did earn enough points to take the Golden Mobile award but Scotland’s dominance shows again with Sam in 2nd and Ian 3rd. Ashez managed to overtake @Rob though and finish 4th thanks to the extra challenge played. 

483911CD-4CBF-4FDA-BB23-7375472517BD.thumb.png.be647744e00e4e30a145b0a32e7f662c.png

Some Stats

Spoiler

Total Team Scores

Scotland @samhardy @1759: 884pts

Japan @Ashez @Foxy: 838pts

England @Rob @Woody: 601pts

Brazil @Kanegan @DutchTony: 423pts

Czechia @smoggy90 @Mr Tree: 44pts

Team Mates 1 vs Team Mates 2

Each team was split into a team mate 1 and a team mate 2 to make it easy to set different teams for challenges. In the end team mates 1 were the most successful.

Team Mates 1 @samhardy @Rob @Ashez @smoggy90 @Kanegan: 1409pts

Team Mates 2 @1759 @Woody @Foxy @Mr Tree @DutchTony: 1381pts

That brings to a close this years VWC. I hope everyone has enjoyed it whether you took part or were just watching. I would like to thank you all as this was a great event which seems to have gone pretty smoothly.

The biggest thanks from me is reserved for @1759 though for taking co host duties with me. He came up with some great challenges and was an excellent sounding board for my ideas as well. Considering I moved house halfway through this event his input and hosting duties meant that this event was able to take place so he deserves huge amounts of credit for that.

Thanks for reading and all comments are appreciated.

Yeah that Aldershot Cup game annoyed me as we were still more than good enough to beat them at that stage.

Thank you @Foxy for inviting me to be your co-host, I really enjoyed it and felt as though it all ran smoothly enough.

I want to also thank all participants and hard luck Team Japan in the final as there was very little in it really but once I knew Sam had the chance to revisit Northern Ireland I knew we had a good shot at it.

Well @samhardy, congratulations as you were the difference maker here but if you need a kilt for the celebrations I have a spare one😆

Edited by 1759

Northern Ireland shouldn't have been allowed really but I'm pleased it was! Very nice to win congrats @1759 we made a great team.

Pleased we weren't playing England @Rob and @Woody in that final as I'm sure one of them would have known to go to NI and their two consistent scores would have got a higher total than either both us and Japan I think.

I'm also pleased @Foxy achieved his only realistic goal of "winning" the Golden Mobile award as we all know carrying @Ashez to a title is nigh-on impossible :P

Great tournament thanks to the hosts and everyone who took part.