Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2019 The Final: Results

12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Well Mrs F just said I need to crack on and play FMM as I have made a commitment to the VWC and @Ashez 😛

Mrs F sounds like a swell gal 😉

Wish mine was that understanding 😐

Edited by Woody
6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Mrs F sounds like a swell gal 😉

Wish mine was that understanding 😐

Does this mean you won’t be finished before your holidays?

Just back from holiday with zero FMM/vibe time so just catching up on this. Liked the gk challenge and look forward to seeing the Russian results.

keep up the good work lads 👍

14 hours ago, Foxy said:

They have everything at Skegness these days then!

They do.

God damn flight delayed by 2 hrs! Joy!!

14 minutes ago, samhardy said:

If I thought there was any threat to me then I would have ;)

I asked that question instantly lol

Vibe World Cup 2019

Group Stage Challenge 2 - Results Reveal

Last week Scotland took an early lead in the group stages as they just came out on top in a rather close three way battle between Japan, England and themselves. It’s all still to play for though and at this stage all teams could still qualify for the final.

For this week’s challenge we had to take over a mid table Russian club and bring in replacements of the same nationality as some of the stars of last season’s World Cup. These players would gain points based on their performances and with league points not counting towards points it could turn interesting.

I’ll start by going through all of team member 1’s results.

Team Members 1

Club: Akhmat

We’ll start with the first member of current league leaders Scotland.

Scotland - @samhardy

Sam sounded quite confident earlier in the week as he declared that he had a rather nice tactic that would work well here. He went for goals with the Croatian, Frenchman and Englishman up top. His Frenchman was Mbala Nzola and he banged in a massive 39 goals to give him 78 points. The Croatian was Ivan Santini and he scored 28 times which give him 10 POM’s for another 30 points. Englishman Eddie Nketiah hit a nice 23 goals and the Belgian goalie Sviliar kept 8 clean sheets for another 16 points and add it all together and you arrive at a fantastic score of 147 which will take a lot of beating I feel.

Scotland Team Member 1: 147 points

Next up is the first member of Japan who are currently in second place at the start of play.

Japan - @Ashez

Ashez also went with Nzola for his Frenchman and he scored 25 goals to give him 50 points. Englishman Nketiah managed 13 goals with the vast majority of them coming towards the end of the season which seemed to culminate in a lack of goals at that time for the Frenchman much to Ashez’s disgust. Croatian Santini scored 11 goals which helped him win 2 POM awards to add another 6 points whilst 8 clean sheets from Belgian goalie Sven D’Hoest added another 16 to give Ashez a total of 82 points.

Japan Team Member 1: 82 points

We now have the first score from third placed England. 

England - @Rob

I had a feeling Rob would do well with this challenge and a good score here would give England hope of getting one of the top two scores this week. Rob went with Samuel Essende as his choice of Frenchman and he banged in a tasty 41 league goals to give him 82 points. He went with winger Myles Hippolyte as his Englishman and he managed 3 goals and Croatian forward Darko Bodul scored 10 goals to help him get 4 POM’s for another 12 points. Belgian goalie Logan Bailey kept a nice 13 clean sheets as well to add 26 more points which gives Rob a great total of 123.

England Team Member 1: 123 points

The last score of the first team members comes from Brazil.

Brazil - @Kanegan

Kanegan like Rob went with Essende as his choice of Frenchman and he managed 20 goals to give him 40 points. Englishman Jayden Stockdale scored 10 goals and Croatian Karlo Lulic won himself 1 POM award to add 3 more points to his score. Belgian keeper Merveille Goblet kept an impressive 16 clean sheets to add another 32 points which gives Kanegen a total of 85 points towards Brazil’s total.

Brazil Team Member 1: 85 points

So after the first members totals we have the following scores.

Scotland: 147 points

England: 123 points

Brazil: 85 points

Japan: 82 points

You would think just a steady score from myself would give Scotland maximum points for the second week running and a guaranteed place in the final but stranger things have happened.

Now I’ll go through the scores of the second team members starting with myself.

Team Members 2

Club: Rostov

Scotland - 1759

I was always going to go for my double trouble tactic here with the Frenchman hopefully replacing the Korean with most of the goals. I went with Nzola as the Frenchman and he did well scoring 35 league goals to give me 70 points. I decided to sacrifice the POM’s as I felt the team needed improving in midfield so Kristijan Bistrovic came in on loan but did manage 1 POM to give me 3 more points. Osayamen Osawe was my English player and he chipped in with 17 goals while my Belgian goalkeeper Davino Verhurst kept 14 clean sheets for an extra 28 points. Total it up and it equals 118 points which you’d think would be enough to give Scotland the maximum points this week and a guaranteed place in the final.

Scotland Team Member 2: 118 points

Member 1: 147 points

Scotland Total: 265 points

Next up is the second member of Japan Foxy.

Japan - @Foxy

Foxy also went with Nzola as his choice of Frenchman and he didn’t disappoint as he scored a nice 37 goals which gives him 74 points. Winger Andre Green scored 7 goals and Croatian midfielder Lovro Majer managed 2 POM’s for another 6 points. Belgian goalie Frank Boeckx kept a whopping 18 clean sheets to add 36 more points to the total which all adds up to a great total of 123.

Japan Team Member 2: 123 points

Member 1: 82 points

Japan Total: 205 points

So that puts Japan into second place as things stand but if Woody can get at least 83 points then England would leapfrog them and into second place.

England - @Woody

Woody like a lot of others went for Nzola as his Frenchman and got 31 league goals out of him for 62 points. Englishman James Bree managed 1 goal and Croatian playmaker Josip Misic won 1 POM award for another 3 points. Belgian keeper Silvio Proto also kept an impressive 17 clean sheets for 34 more points which gives Woody a total of 100.

England Team Member 2: 100 points

Member 1: 123 points

England Total: 223 points

So that puts England into second place this week and unless DutchTony can come up with a magnificent score we’ll be looking at Scotland top and guaranteed a place in the final with England and Japan level on points going into the final group stage challenge.

Lets see how Tony got on.

Brazil - @DutchTony

Tony went with Nketiah as his English choice and he scored 17 goals. Frenchman Georginio Rutter scored 11 goals to add another 22 points to the total. Tony like myself sacrificed the POM’s and went for a Croatian defender in Filipe Uremovic who couldn’t manage any POM’s but Belgian goalie Jari De Brusse kept 4 clean sheets to add 8 more points to give DutchTony a total of 47 points.

Brazil Team Member 2: 47 points

Member 1: 85 points

Brazil Total: 132 points

So with that here’s the points for this week.

Scotland: 265 (5 points)

England: 223 (3 points)

Japan: 205 (2 points)

Brazil: 132 (1 point)

Here is the group league table with Scotland top on 10 points and guaranteed a place in the final. England and Japan follow up on 5 points each with England taking second place having accumulated 503 points to Japan’s 473 during the tournament so far. Brazil are in fourth place and unfortunately it doesn’t look like we’ll have any chance of seeing them in the final.

819028080_groupTable_wk2.png.1cb7e27603430371a508bfe4e46ffa4e.thumb.png.e03d9d6efc1c045fe577673e1c44700f.png

Golden Mobile

Sam’s great performance this week has pushed him into a decent lead in the Golden Mobile running. Foxy is in second and Rob and Woody aren’t far behind in third and fourth respectively.

1963101451_GoldenMobilewk3.png.a77948abaf358b175c9782ca14a7e6ea.thumb.png.d0fa2ead1073628b0ce0c8c0bf5f6e26.png

Now all that’s left is to have a look at Team Members 1 and 2’s total scores to see the difference between the clubs used this week.

Team Members 1 - Akhmat: 437

Team Members 2 - Rostov: 388

Based on that you’d think Akhmat was the easier of the two challenges but it’s always difficult to work out and I personally thought the two were more evenly matched than on say last weeks challenge.

Thank you to the main man Foxy for inviting me to be your co-host and to all participants who’ve made this all run smoothly.

The last group stage challenge will be posted by Foxy and i think it’ll be up sometime tomorrow.

Edited by 1759

Loving this tournament. Brilliantly ran and competed by fair and top people. None of this circumspect scoring rubbish.

And well done Sam in absolutely monstering the challenges so far.

Nicely done lads! 

My attempt was far from a disaster but I just couldn't get the two strikers firing, it was one or the other all season! I know the formation works as I've used it alot this year on various saves and you guys showed the lads I used can perform but for whatever reason not for me 😂. Definitely a clinical issue and not a chance created one n all, very odd but I know odder things can and do happy with this game lol. 

I was happy with my attempt but at the beginning I couldn’t decide how to approach it. I looked at the squad and didn’t like the midfield so was always then going to sacrifice one of the players to strengthen the midfield. 

Saw this guy and had a punt for him on loan not expecting to get him.

0CD8DFDF-E6DB-4720-8409-BF9D95B6E3C4.thumb.png.c572df608e730a392c04cdb4711aa7be.png

Anyway we got him from CSKA.

He’s not fantastic but looks like he might be in a few years and he was great for me in this league and reckon he was the most important out of my 4 boys.

Week 4

Welcome to the final week of the group stage.

Firstly I want to thank @1759for taking the reins over the last couple of weeks. I’m sure you will all agree he arranged some fun challenges that produced some interesting results and got us all thinking.

Scotland have already booked there place in the final after topping the scores for the first 2 weeks but it is still all to play for with the 2nd final berth as both England and Japan are locked on 5 points each so which ever team does better this week will almost certainly be in the final as it is looking very unlikely that Brazil can make the final. They will need to win the challenge this week and England and Japan finish 4th and 3rd and also turn round a big total event points deficit to make the final.

Total Event Team Points

A Messi for all Ages

2018-06-26T202319Z_345715139_RC18CDDCEDB

We all know that Leo Messi is one of the finest players there has ever been, who has set records that may never be beat. One part of his career has been less successful by his high standards though and that is his time with the Argentine national team. He has 129 caps and scored 65 goals so a goal every two games is an impressive rate, he has also finished runner up three times in the Copa America and of course the World Cup in 2014 as well but Messi isn’t about losers medals.

Much of the criticism of his international career stems from below par performances in World Cup tournaments but he does hold one record which no one else has. He is the only player to have scored at World Cup Finals in his teens, 20’s and his 30’s as well. His first World Cup goal came at age 18 in a substitute appearance as Argentina ran out 6-0 winners over Serbia and Montenegro at the 2006 tournament in Germany. He never found the net in 2010 in South Africa but in 2014 when he was 26 he scored 4 goals as Argentina reached the final ultimately losing to Germany. Then last year in Russia he scored just the once in a 3-1 win over Nigeria just two days after his 30th birthday.

The Challenge

You are going to manage 3 different clubs, in 3 different nations 2nd tier leagues and use 3 Argentine players. One player will be in his teens, one in his 20’s and one in his 30’s. You will play 10 league games at each club so in total that is 30 league games and your score will be your 3 strikers total goals + some bonus points.

Let me explain in more detail.

Club Choice

Between you and your team mate you must manage a club in all 6 of these divisions. That means you must decide which leagues you both manage in as you cannot both manage in the same nation.

You may be any club you wish in the 3 divisions you manage in.

• English 2nd Tier
  • German 2nd Tier
  • French 2nd Tier
  • Italian 2nd Tier
  • Spanish 2nd Tier
  • Portuguese 2nd Tier

Player Choice

Your players you use at each club can play any position you wish but he must be from Argentina and you must use a player who is in his teens at one club, a player in his 20’s at another club and a player in his 30’s at another club. The players must be in that age bracket when signed and after you have managed all 3 clubs in your 3 chosen leagues you will have used a player from each age bracket.

The Argentine player you sign is the only signing you are allowed and must be bought and not loaned.

Your points will be the total number of league goals scored by all three Argentines + league points from your most successful spell at one of the three clubs.

Clarifications and Rules

• All 6 leagues listed above must be managed in between you and your team mate so you can’t both manage in the Championship for example.
  • You may manage any team in the division and the challenge is 10 league games only with only league goals counting towards your total.
  • You can decide which club you use a player from each age bracket but by the end of the challenge you must both have used a player from each bracket.
  • No other signings in are allowed but you may sell players. 
  • You must buy the player so no loans.
  • You may use the No Work Permits unlockable to prevent any problems signing a player.
  • If you score equal points at two different clubs you still only get the number of league points from one club E.G if you scored 25 league points with an English club and 25 with a French club you get 25 bonus points.
  • No editing, reloading or cheating in anyway.
  • EME only
  • No unlockables except No Work Permits
  • Either DB is fine.
  • Gold coaching badge and superstar rep is fine.
  • Failure to submit a score will result in a 0 score this week.
  • If myself or Ian suspect any foul play we may ask for the save game file. Failure to produce this will result in elimination from the event.
  • Have fun.

Screenshots

Note: You are welcome to submit screenshots after each club you manage.

We need these screenshots from all three saves you do.

• Attributes of Argentine when you sign him.
  • Attributes and history of Argentine after 10 league games.
  • League table after 10 games.
  • Transfer in and out history.
  • Manager profile and history.

Deadline: Saturday 15th June 2019 @ 8pm UK Time

Any questions please ask me either in this thread or in your team PM thread and good luck.

On 25/05/2019 at 23:35, samhardy said:

Foxbet.png

Tony to go the group phase without being sacked - 5/2

Me backing this little beauty with a nice stake looks like it’s going to be a great decision so don’t let me down now Tony😉

I only hope FoxBet actually pays out.

52 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Me backing this little beauty with a nice stake looks like it’s going to be a great decision so don’t let me down now Tony😉

I only hope FoxBet actually pays out.

Head of the company Fuddled "Foxy" Fox is more than happy to accept the stakes but less willing to pay out!!