Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2019 The Final: Results

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

This challenge is a bitch, especially if you end up with a blunt strike force and a keeper who's scared of the ball! I've never conceded first as much as I have on this save!

I had a solid plan, it worked for a few months then it just collapsed around me 😠. I pushed on trusting my plan which was a mistake so I made a few changes which saw things improve. I now have two months to somehow post a respectable score. 

One match I was winning, everything was going swimmingly then my CB gets injured, okay that happens. My sub instantly gives away a pen, followed up by gifting them the ball! Ahhhhhh!

Bayern scored an injury-time equaliser against me, nearly rage-quit !!

the Lux players aren't too bad, but yeah losing my four best players to accommodate them really did set me back. my plan didn't work, so i changed it and that went even worse - back to Plan A and now like you say, hoping to get something respectable by the end of the week.

Just completed mine. I went from being almost sacked to getting back to almost rage quitting due to the amount of late goals being conceded to somehow managing to finish. Quite a journey. 

Done! And um, I don't wanna brag but um, I'd like to put 50p on myself at 10/1 please, before the odds tumble. Fiver in my sky-rocket will come in very handy 👍

We have 5 out of 10 scores in now but no rush if you haven’t finished as the reveal won’t be till the weekend whatever.

Just remember that the deadline is.

8pm Uk Time Saturday 25th May

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

Has everyone updated? 

Screenshot_20190522_082231_com.android.vending.thumb.jpg.3ba4e5d7849a411a282640dab2e33440.jpg

Yes I bit the bullet last night. Haven’t played a game on it yet mind so can’t say any more than that.

I've updated but haven't noticed much difference as yet, hopefully get a better idea over the course of a full season.

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

@Woody has had a migraine should we should be by default awarded 150 points for his score. Seems fair.

Unintentional wood pun? 

On 22/05/2019 at 16:32, samhardy said:

Didn't expect to still be waiting on Woody!

No matter what mate it always happens 😉

Qualifying Scores Reveal

This week we will say goodbye to the team that posted the worst score in this weeks challenge. We had a wide range of scores but I think all competitors will agree that this challenge was a bit harder than they first thought due to needing to sell the clubs best players in each central position and then replacing them with the cream of the Luxembourg crop.

The Luxembourgers we saw used was generally similar with every player but there was some variety. I am going to leave you guys to discuss which players you used, who did well and who was rubbish because I know you lads just want me to get on with the score reveal.

The Top Three

We had three teams that got through to the group stage very comfortably and I will reveal them from 3rd place up. There is no bonus for having the top score this week but this is a good marker for the up coming group stage.

3rd Place: Japan 138pts

It was myself and @Ashez that came in 3rd albeit just one point behind 2nd place.

Ashez was the man in charge of Hanover and he had a mixed time of it with 10 loses and 9 draws which got him a 6th place finish in the Bundesliga with 54 points. He struggled to score and keep them out as well leaving him with -1 GD and a score of 53 in total.

17554BFD-2BD2-4025-A73F-C3BB1F5DD0B6.thumb.jpeg.71f28c659019393c8160c165965426d5.jpeg

I had a strange season with Hertha. I was the only person who managed to win the league but that doesn’t tell the full story. I only lost 3 games but I drew a whopping 15 matches with 16 wins. This gave me a total of 63 points which isn’t much to win the league but Bayern drew a lot of games as well meaning I overtook them on the final day. A GD of 22 was also a decent boost to my score as well giving me a total of 85pts

8DA9F6C3-0E29-4E57-BC51-9FCC0837ED1E.thumb.jpeg.7e9290f89549709ba46cbb8e10cb8029.jpeg

2nd Place: Scotland 139pts

The Scots number 1 @samhardy topped scored this week but as a team they could only come 2nd.

Sam performed well in the league finishing 2nd behind Dortmund with 6 loses, 8 draws and 20 wins which scored him 68 points. Sam loves a bit of GD and this week he topped up his score with 24 extra points by that route giving himself a total of 92pts.

848EF442-4558-435C-97F7-59ADAE1AC8EC.thumb.jpeg.7ba76c5e65c082ec7f59a1ace9d75029.jpeg

@1759 didn’t have quite such a good time as he finished up in 7th place with 51 points from 13 wins, 12 draws and 9 loses. Ian’s biggest problem was putting the ball in the back of the net as he only scored 36 goals in 34 games. He did have a resilient defence and that helped him minimise any GD damage to just -4 points giving him a total of 47 points

7EB091A1-D048-4BC3-BBD0-33174FB2F1ED.thumb.jpeg.fdcf9ddd67683cfd78a00be0deff6727.jpeg

1st Place: England 151pts

It was the English who laid down an early marker with an impressive start to their World Cup bid.

@Rob missed out on Europe by finishing 8th although he was unlucky as he got 56pts which usually would get you higher up the league. He was up to his usual Keeganesqe tactics as he smashed in 73 goals and conceded 53 but this gave him an impressive GD of 20 and an overall total of 76pts.

87D529EF-0761-4193-8A2E-C11775B0A6AB.thumb.jpeg.2dea863f1cab10f45b0cdfdb1f13d967.jpeg

@Woody had a more impressive finish in the league as he just missed out on the Champions League by GD finishing 5th instead. He only lost 6 games but 11 draws cost him a fair few points ending up with 62. His Hertha side were tough at the back with only 34 conceded but less impressive up front with only 47 scored leading to a GD of 13 and a total points score of 75.

E4517F72-A820-4F14-AAC2-8E2A548438E0.thumb.jpeg.88baa3903040e3f5f793014ae072a4f0.jpeg

League table

Congratulations to all three teams but especially Team England as they prove that two consistent scores might be the way forward in this competition.

Who is Out?

That leaves the question of who will be eliminated at the first stage. It is between the Czechs and Brazilians for the final spot in the group stage.

It was @Kanegan that submitted first for the Brazilians. He could only finish 12th with his Hanover side as he lost as many matches as he won with 10 each and then 14 draws. This gave him 44 league points but he lost another 2 due to his GD. He scored a decent 44 goals but didn’t prevent enough going in the other way as he conceded 46.

1F0B793A-2B15-42CF-8DD8-087DA952B39D.thumb.jpeg.1b7ff0534cc3945c6a5638ee55eb48ae.jpeg

This means the Brazilians have a total of 44 points with DutchTony still to submit.

It was @Mr Tree who came in next with the Czechs first score. He was the only competitor who got the dreaded sack as his Hertha side languished in 17th place after 25 games. He had 4 wins, 7 draws and a damaging 14 loses. This gave him 19 points from the league but those loses did his GD no good at all as he finished with -15. He ended up with 4pts total.

8BF0A159-0EEB-4DBC-AB7F-16EBA09D6FF0.thumb.jpeg.f5e60dff67936ca6fa9531671fb493df.jpeg

This means it is Brazil 40 Czechia 4 with Smoggy and Dutch still to submit.

It was @smoggy90 who came in next with his score. He faired better than his team mate as he guided his Hanover side to 10th in the league as he won 12 games, drew 9 and lost 13 with 45 points. His defence was a bit leaky leading to him conceding 50 goals with 45 going in the other end. This took 5 points off his total giving him a score of 40.

86C11270-42DB-4B3E-8349-1D78960BC972.thumb.jpeg.ef8c04e7c310026bf65be9fe71063e3d.jpeg

With one more score to see Czechia has 44 points and a narrow lead over Brazil who have 42. This means that if @DutchTony can score 3 or more points he will send Brazil into the next round.

This sounds simple but Dutch had a torrid time during the VPL so it’s whether he learnt anything from that experience.

The answer seemed to be yes as he guided Hertha into 10th spot with 46pts. So it all hinges on his GD and it’s no surprise with a 10th place finish to know it wasn’t horrendous enough to cost Brazil a place in the next round. He did lose 3pts for a -3 GD but a score of 43 was more than enough to see Brazil through.

D5D8591D-73C0-4E4D-B9A5-19C57B64B553.thumb.jpeg.46cab2b6ee8c747021e5ca822bdd8f43.jpeg

Brazil 85pts Czechia 44pts

Congratulations to the Brazilians and especially Dutch as he exorcised some of the ghost of his VPL experience. Commissions to the Czech lads but I hope you guys will be back for another go next year.

The final scores and placings look like this

6278FB86-4572-433A-BDD7-367E7FF2C0AC.thumb.png.c0e017b252d66f4d5a534883d44d4129.png

Golden Mobile

Samhardy takes an early and good lead at the top of the MvP standings.

817E12C9-A8B8-4DB8-A887-48E16D6D58B2.thumb.png.414028bed6478118ae7e3cdc314972cd.png

Group Stage

All 4 teams will now compete in the group stage which will last 3 weeks and 3 challenges. It is all against all with points handed out based on your teams total each week. It is 5 points if you win the week, then 3 points for 2nd, 2 points for 3rd and 1 point for 4th. At the end of the 3 weeks the top 2 teams will go on to contest the final. In the event of a tie it will be the team with the most challenge points earned in all 4 challenges that goes through to the final.

The first challenge of the group stage will be posted and run by 1759 and he is planning to put it out on Monday.

In the mean time let’s hear how you found the last challenge and what you are hoping for in the group stage.

Thanks for reading.

Hands up, let the team down - won my first game but then didn't get another till December! All hinged on Bayern getting an injury-time equaliser in one of the early games, I reckon - win that and I'd have been able to keep their heads up. But I've clearly still got a lot to learn regarding elite Vibe-ing.

Good luck to all and commiserations to Smoggy on his unfortunate early exit - hope it means he'll have more chance to get his son that special 1k 👍

Great write up @Foxy. Looking forward to what @1759 comes up with Monday.

Like the Fox said, that was a LOT harder than first appeared. Having a ringer goalkeeper was the hardest bit IMO.

Well done to the English on getting the top score and of course to my partner Sam on achieving the best individual score. 

Unlucky Czechia and I wouldn’t worry about getting the sack Mr Tree as I got the sack during the VPL on that challenge involving a squad of 15 year old Chinese players and I’m actually quite proud of it.

The biggest mistake I made on this challenge was signing Florian Bohnert as my striker. I had seen all of the options and I had an idea of a system to use which needed pace up top but he only had 13 I think for pace and it only increased to 14 during the season and he was shite.

Big mistake and had to change my plans and just couldn’t get it going although my home form was good all season so I was never in any danger.

Well well. After a mentally tough few days that was worth coming home to.

Massively shocked as i thought i had let the team down, well done @samhardy on an excellent score and a super write up by his Royal Furyness.

@Rob we are solid as ever dude 😉

That keeper was horrendous for me! One the worst defences I've ever had and in most games I was conceding early and playing catch up. Not one of my Lux lads got over a 7 and I thought I'd had a disastrous round but in hindsight I did okay. 

My plan was to use a DT type tactic I've had in the works which I picked as I liked the strikers already at the club, however this resulted in my Lux striker being useless!

Screenshot_2019-05-22-13-43-53.thumb.png.81aeedb239db926e4520c9f83f996e5c.png

That's easily the worst striker performance I've ever had. 

A sneaky challenge with a nice write up @Foxy

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Hands up, let the team down - won my first game but then didn't get another till December! All hinged on Bayern getting an injury-time equaliser in one of the early games, I reckon - win that and I'd have been able to keep their heads up. But I've clearly still got a lot to learn regarding elite Vibe-ing.

Good luck to all and commiserations to Smoggy on his unfortunate early exit - hope it means he'll have more chance to get his son that special 1k 👍

No worries mate, I didn’t have a great season myself. Enjoyed the challenge though and will follow the remainder with interest. 

My gk and defender actually did ok but my striker was really poor and lack of goals let me down  

CEEF880B-8604-4DB5-A000-A136F9AE985E.thumb.png.63112f483ce7d7766daa552ae15d1c22.png

Good luck to the rest of you lads 👍