Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help What do you do when your 1KC striker outcasts himself?

So, I've almost finished 3 seasons of a new 1KC career (haven't had time to write it up) and my striker has gone and made himself an outcast. He asked for a new contract that I couldn't quite afford sign-on fee wise. I eventually got him to sign, but not before he alienated everyone. 

Normally I'd sell the outcast player, but given this is a 1KC, my choices are:

1. ignore it and push on (but feels like the team is not firing as good as before)
  2. sell most of the squad until he's no longer an outcast and no-one hates him
  3. pack it in an start a new one (would be my 3rd aborted 1KC in a row)

Any advice? 

Edited by Scratch

option 1 for me - only an issue if numbers start to dip. i realise you're sort of being proactive on the issue, but time will tell if it does really matter...

2 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

option 1 for me - only an issue if numbers start to dip. i realise you're sort of being proactive on the issue, but time will tell if it does really matter...

LOL, I just realised I missed the 'Not' in "but feels like the team is firing as good as before". Added it in now. That's my concern with option 1. We're still winning, but only just scraping across the line compared to romping it home before. Only a few games away from the Champions League final now, hope it doesn't affect that. I'm trying not to pick players who dislike him...

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I get the feeling for option one you meant the team isn’t firing as good as before?

Oh yeah, literally just noticed that and fixed it up. I'm not firing as good as before either. The stress!!

Edited by Scratch
1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Oh yeah, literally just noticed that and fixed it up. I'm not firing as good as before either. The stress!!

If the players are unhappy and you have excess money you could try offering them new contracts.

Any unhappiness disappears when a player signs a new contract. But does disliking a player actually class as unhappiness in game (do the ones that don’t like him have the exclamation mark next to their names)?

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

If the players are unhappy and you have excess money you could try offering them new contracts.

Any unhappiness disappears when a player signs a new contract. But does disliking a player actually class as unhappiness in game (do the ones that don’t like him have the exclamation mark next to their names)?

Yeah, at least one had the exclamation mark and I've already sold him (Pavon 😢). I sold some others that disliked him as well, but I didn't take note of whether they had the exclamation mark or not.

At the moment, none of the remaining players have the exclamation mark or are saying they dislike him, but he's still an outcast and every week or so another player shows up not liking him. I always thought that if noone was left showing up as disliking him, then he'd stop being an outcast. I guess it doesn't work like that. 

The question is: if I sell everyone, will that remove it? Or is he permanently marked as an outcast? 

BTW I don't think the new contract thing works. That clears most unhappiness, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't wipe the dislikes person field. That seems to last forever. I've tried to buy players who turn out to dislike me because I sold them when they were youngsters and they are still bitter. I'll try it next time I find a player who hates him.

Gotta say right now I'm tempted to just sell everyone...

Just now, Scratch said:

Gotta say right now I'm tempted to just sell everyone...

Or maybe just pack it in so I have a trilogy of failures.... 

I’ve noticed an increase in this on latest update but it doesn’t seem to be every save. When I was doing my Napoli save you’d get the players agent declaring player wanted to leave and he’d become an outcast. It was so many times it was ridiculous. I usually got rid but not helping you as this is your main man. 

Thing is I’m in Holland now and I’m not getting that as much but I’m getting the players being unhappy about not being a first team player thing after only being rested for one game and it actually happened once during the international break when player played last game for us. Strange game this at times. Anyway I’ve had the outcast thing happen to McKenna on this save and I sold him but decided to bring him back a year or two later and he’s still an outcast so not sure if it ever goes away.

7 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I’ve noticed an increase in this on latest update but it doesn’t seem to be every save. When I was doing my Napoli save you’d get the players agent declaring player wanted to leave and he’d become an outcast. It was so many times it was ridiculous. I usually got rid but not helping you as this is your main man. 

Thing is I’m in Holland now and I’m not getting that as much but I’m getting the players being unhappy about not being a first team player thing after only being rested for one game and it actually happened once during the international break when player played last game for us. Strange game this at times. Anyway I’ve had the outcast thing happen to McKenna on this save and I sold him but decided to bring him back a year or two later and he’s still an outcast so not sure if it ever goes away.

I'm still on the pre Winter version, so I hate to think what it's like on the latest version based on what you're saying...

I've had a lot of problems with the max sign on fee. Player wants 30K p/w plus 800K sign on. I have plenty of budget, but the board won't let me go above 625K sign on. They are happy for me to sign them at 150K p/w plus 625K, but not 30K p/w plus 800K. WTF board, do you even math? 

Yeah, I've been working on this scouting tool thing and I know there is a separate field for each player. They have one Favoured Person field and one Dislikes Person field. So I guess that stays filled in forever (or maybe until they hate someone more).

But I'm not sure why he is an outcast if no one is showing up as disliking him right now. Maybe he is just an outcast and periodically the game will find someone to dislike him? Or maybe players have that field filled in but it's not showing up? I could run my toll on the save game and find the answer to that question, but I've already lost one 1KC for doing that, so... Maybe I can test it in another save.... Hmmm

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I'm still on the pre Winter version, so I hate to think what it's like on the latest version based on what you're saying...

I've had a lot of problems with the max sign on fee. Player wants 30K p/w plus 800K sign on. I have plenty of budget, but the board won't let me go above 625K sign on. They are happy for me to sign them at 150K p/w plus 625K, but not 30K p/w plus 800K. WTF board, do you even math? 

Yeah, I've been working on this scouting tool thing and I know there is a separate field for each player. They have one Favoured Person field and one Dislikes Person field. So I guess that stays filled in forever (or maybe until they hate someone more).

But I'm not sure why he is an outcast if no one is showing up as disliking him right now. Maybe he is just an outcast and periodically the game will find someone to dislike him? Or maybe players have that field filled in but it's not showing up? I could run my toll on the save game and find the answer to that question, but I've already lost one 1KC for doing that, so... Maybe I can test it in another save.... Hmmm

Yeah the player that dislikes McKenna is one of my main men so maybe if I got rid of him it might go away but obviously I’m not going to try that but something to test on another save at some point I’d think. 

Sell sell sell if they not you could always kill them. Your 1kc is more important mate. I have faith in you.

P.S. In all seriousness its a tricky one but i would offer new deals 1st.

Right, just spent 40 minutes tying to make an outcast in a new career (so I can check what happens with the disliked field) and I can't... Typical... They only become outcasts when you don't want them to be... So can't look into it now.

I guess I will just keep on trucking and offer new contracts and if that doesn't work I'll sell players...

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Right, just spent 40 minutes tying to make an outcast in a new career (so I can check what happens with the disliked field) and I can't... Typical... They only become outcasts when you don't want them to be... So can't look into it now.

I guess I will just keep on trucking and offer new contracts and if that doesn't work I'll sell players...

I’ve still got my Napoli save where it was happening a lot and the challenge is finished so when I get time I’ll play on and wait for someone to become an outcast and sell whoever dislikes him and see if it goes away.

6 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I’ve still got my Napoli save where it was happening a lot and the challenge is finished so when I get time I’ll play on and wait for someone to become an outcast and sell whoever dislikes him and see if it goes away.

Great - would love to know how that turns out if you get around to it!

Played it on and got the dreaded agent media thing and have my outcast Leo Dubois.

36B01E4A-E0C0-4125-93F9-CC435B406EAD.thumb.png.7dae9e2e94fb1fa32b477c86856c98b7.png

Thing is there’s nobody in my whole squad who dislikes him so I’m thinking it might be a bug on this version of the game anyway.

I’ll try again though as it may be a one off.

Tried it another three times and it’s the same where there’s nobody who dislikes the outcast. 

I’ll look out for it in other saves though as I’m curious too as to whether you can successfully remove the outcast from the player.

I've also noticed the increased number of outcast players in the latest update, and also that only about one in four saves end up with people disliking said outcast. Very strange, but it does mean that the starting midfielder who has been an 'outcast' for three seasons is still kicking on in my current save...

9 minutes ago, mattydisc said:

I've also noticed the increased number of outcast players in the latest update, and also that only about one in four saves end up with people disliking said outcast. Very strange, but it does mean that the starting midfielder who has been an 'outcast' for three seasons is still kicking on in my current save...

Right so you haven’t noticed any team performance issues when the outcast isn’t disliked?

It’s starting to look highly likely that I was selling all of these outcasts for no reason on my Napoli save.😡

yeah, had one Liverpool save with VVD becoming outcast, and no one really fussed about it (except myself, freaking out about how that could happen), so I carried on without any noteworthy issues. Some saves are the more legit kind, where players just start having problems with the guy in question, but I haven't had that problem more than before—it seems more that there is something akin to a false outcast bug, though my evidence is strictly experiential.

I vaguely remember being able to battle through it at some point last year to the point where he wasn’t an outcast anymore. No idea how though. 

Have you tried doing the Hokey Cokey?

So for anyone following along:

I gave everyone new contracts and it made no difference. Then I sold half the team and at some point he went back to Normal popularity.

It turns out that when you are Outcast a whole bunch of people hate you BUT most of them don't show up on the Personal page (eg "Dislikes player X"), just as @1759 noticed. I've proven this with Eric Bailly at Man U - thanks @Massey127.

I'll put the proof in spoilers for those who don't like seeing behind the curtains of the game (warning CA/PA of Man U squad visible):

Spoiler

First I managed to make Eric Bailly an outcast (he wasn't already an outcast in my DB, but it wasn't hard to make him one):

944416597_Screenshot_20190521-111005_FM2019Mobile.jpg.fac1305fb63af0beac946b90795816ad.jpg

Once I did that I used my 'work in progress' scouting tool to checkout the team and found half the team had Bailly's player code (511B0000) in the Dislikes field (haven't gotten around to converting it to the name but it is Bailly):

eric-bailey.thumb.JPG.3e67564dbe2c0d11e367c043997e4283.JPG

However, when you check those players who have his code in the Dislikes field, most of them don't report hating Bailly. Here are a couple of examples:

687874780_Screenshot_20190521-111313_FM2019Mobile.jpg.ad00ce9a5ed8e7c14ffc45af7f7593a2.jpg

737439935_Screenshot_20190521-111407_FM2019Mobile.jpg.89d439a99d3dfe20e89fd4062966bfd2.jpg

But they actually do hate him. They hate his guts! They are just too polite to say it...

Of course I couldn't use the tool with my striker as it's against the 1KC rules, so I had to just keep selling people until his popularity went back to Normal. Some of the players I sold must have hated him, but some probably didn't.. 🙁 Anyway, they say change is as good as a holiday, right?

Anyway, there is the definitive solution to a player being outcast (if you want to keep him) - sell the rest of the team until he's not an outcast anymore. 😄  Or just ignore it if you think it doesn't have an effect (I think it does, but maybe not a huge one).