Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help League 2 tips anyone ?

Hey guys. Started a career with Hampton and Richmond and managed to get myself into the football league in two seasons by winning two consecutive nail biting play off finals. I feel the step up to the football league is different gravey the free transfers strat I was using isn’t seeming as effective does anyone have any tips.

2 hours ago, Fr3ddi3_Grav3s said:

Hey guys. Started a career with Hampton and Richmond and managed to get myself into the football league in two seasons by winning two consecutive nail biting play off finals. I feel the step up to the football league is different gravey the free transfers strat I was using isn’t seeming as effective does anyone have any tips.

I also got a non league team promoted to the efl (Aldershot however in the conference) and for me, it’s to sell the dead wood immediately or a good player for a few hundred because then you can invest to make your squad up to scratch. I did the same selling deadwood for 100 k or so and really improved my squad before Preston bought my star striker for 300K which was more than enough to replace him and invest in the future 

Yeah it sounds like you use a similar method to me in the lower leagues and go for free transfers. I’d usually still get away with that method in league two but admittedly I haven’t played lower league for a while and maybe the transfer system has changed.

A few youngsters on loan from teams in higher divisions could help you improve your squad and as Rishi says sometimes you can sell a few lads off and use the money to improve the squad.

Yeah loans, and scout for a few players with 5-star potential - you can't have a whole team of them, but sprinkle a few in and they should blossom