Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Weird coach reports

I’ve only recently started playing, but after ten seasons I won the prem with Middlesbrough, my players star ratings all were up at between 4 and 5 stars, and remained more or less the same til maybe the 2nd or 3rd game of the next season -then they all suddenly dropped at least a full star or more. My 5* 23 year old central defender suddenly became a 2.5* donkey who can’t kick a ball straight....how, and more to the point why, does this suddenly happen and is it normal?

I’m pretty sure that ratings are relative to the rest of your team. So if you buy a good defender, your weaker defender will have a lower rating as a result as no longer the best defender at the club. 

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

I’m pretty sure that ratings are relative to the rest of your team. So if you buy a good defender, your weaker defender will have a lower rating as a result as no longer the best defender at the club. 

This would make sense I guess as I bought a new DC, although the one that dropped was had a higher rating than those that didn’t drop as far, if that makes sense. But it wasn’t only the defenders that dropped, only three players in my squad stayed at the same star rating as the previous season.

Also as your club's reputation/level/league improves, player's star ratings will get lower in comparison. If you've won the Premiership, your club reputation (in the General info screen) has likely gone up. A player who is a 5 star player for mid table club is not necessarily a 5 star player for a Champions League club...

Also worth remembering that these aren't the real star ratings for CA/PA, it's just what the coach reports and is only their view (based on a bunch of factors). They can be extremely unreliable - for eg I've seen a Messi regen rated 1.5 stars for potential (I think because his reputation was low because he was at a small club)... 

Try and focus on not appointing weird coaches and then you won’t get their reports. Page two on the filter usually helps.