Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Need help choosing a new fallen giant save

Lavi

So I have been playing FMM19 for quite some time, and in my most recent save I did take Hamburger SV to 2 back to back German Cup victories as well as 1 Bundesliga Championship and 1 Euro runner-up in 4 years. Now I have been looking for another team to play. I do enjoy playing fallen giants teams but am having a hard time in choosing a team. Right now I am split between Parma or Blackburn. However I was wondering if there are any other teams that might be enjoyable to play.

I like Parma but why not try Notts County? They aren’t exactly a fallen giant but they are the oldest profesional football team still playing but have been relegated from the efl for the first time in their history I think. 

Aston Villa F.C.

League Titles

Champions : 1893–94, 1895–96, 1896–97, 1898–99, 1899–1900, 1909–10, 1980–81
Champions : 1937–38, 1959–60
Play-off Winners: 2018–19 [89]
Champions : 1971–72
Cups
Winners: 1886–87, 1894–95, 1896–97, 1904–05, 1912–13, 1919–20, 1956–57
Winners: 1960–61, 1974–75, 1976–77, 1993–94, 1995–96
Winners: 1981

European

Winners: 1981–82
Winners: 1982
Winners: 2001 

A little out of the box but I’ve had a few fun careers going from fallen giant to fallen giant of different countries. My most recent one started at Hamburg, then ended up at Everton who had been relegated and then Villarreal who had also been relegated. 

Kaiserslautern are a good choice but you’ve already been in Germany so might not fancy it.

Deportivo are another decent side that have fallen away a bit and might make a decent save.

2 hours ago, 1759 said:

Kaiserslautern are a good choice but you’ve already been in Germany so might not fancy it.

Deportivo are another decent side that have fallen away a bit and might make a decent save.

Kaiserslautern is a great shout imo

If you're looking for a huge rebuild then probably Portsmouth but a great shout is actually Leeds. Great youth and good potential to return to the huge side they used to be. That is a save I am really looking forward to myself.

11 hours ago, samhardy said:

I think the word “giant” in fallen giant has been missed by a few people with some of these suggestions 😂

Sunderland could actually be a good fallen giant. Oh wait. ‘giant’. Sorry Sam 😂 😝 

19 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Sunderland could actually be a good fallen giant. Oh wait. ‘giant’. Sorry Sam 😂 😝 

I think they must’ve been considered a giant club all the way up to the second world war which my dad always told me ruined them. Six top flight league titles and I can’t think there’ll be many clubs with more than that in England.

75C3AE55-68DE-45A0-A619-1E1F99DF929E.thumb.png.5b58df775b9e503ef71d5569efd6fb35.png

Hey come to think of it, maybe Liverpool? After all, I can't actually remember which happened more recently - Liverpool's last title win or World War 2? :)

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Hey come to think of it, maybe Liverpool? After all, I can't actually remember which happened more recently - Liverpool's last title win or World War 2? :)

I was actually waiting for that😁

13 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Didn't you know? The Champions League has suddenly become more important than winning the league :P

And Sunderland have now been back-handedly suggested without me doing so myself :D

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Didn't you know? The Champions League has suddenly become more important than winning the league :P

And Sunderland have now been back-handedly suggested without me doing so myself :D

😂 yes sir it has been done

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

I was actually waiting for that😁

Lol life of a scouser

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

I think they must’ve been considered a giant club all the way up to the second world war which my dad always told me ruined them. Six top flight league titles and I can’t think there’ll be many clubs with more than that in England.

75C3AE55-68DE-45A0-A619-1E1F99DF929E.thumb.png.5b58df775b9e503ef71d5569efd6fb35.png

Interesting 

On 15/06/2019 at 20:51, Fernandeees_ said:

If you're looking for a huge rebuild then probably Portsmouth but a great shout is actually Leeds. Great youth and good potential to return to the huge side they used to be. That is a save I am really looking forward to myself.

I’m doing Portsmouth right now. Only just started. Loans and youth are the way forward. I’ve invested in the South Korean League as there are some gems there and loaned in Rhian Brewster and Troy Parrott. Right now we are top after 5 games winning every one and lost the Carabao Cup 1st round on penalties to Norwich so I’m really really enjoying it.