Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat First look at Assistant Manager for FMM19 - Spoilers (CA/PA)

First up, there is a screenshot and a video which show real CA/PA in the game. If you don't like that sort of thing, hit the back button now!!!

Previously I shared a screenshot of a tool I was working on: 

fmm-scout-app.JPG

That ran in a web browser and only worked for 1 user (me). There was no account management so that others could upload their own files - actually there was no upload functionality, I had to manually copy the save file to my web server. Not practical for others to use.

Therefore, I decided to turn it into a mobile app. That meant learning a whole new programming language (Yay!). It's been slow going, but I finally hooked it up and got the very first test version going. It's flakey as all heck (eg: was working on one save, then later it just broke, because it randomly added another record to a certain section but didn't change the number of records in that section). It's missing much of the functionality I had going in the web version (individual player views, sorting, searching, filters, etc, etc), but I've got it showing the current team. I thought I'd show you a quick first look:

I'm not sure I like the "Assistant Manager for FMM19" title. I know @Nucleus is going to shorten it to AssMan 😄 Not going to call it that in case it's banned from Google Play or the App Store.

I didn't want to call it Scout or anything like that. That will be the main feature of the first version, but I want to add other stuff like tracking a player's development, tracking their stats (eg across a 1KC) etc... Not sure I can even do all that yet, but planning to try!

First version will be Android. I've developed it in a way that I should be able to get an iPhone app going without too much trouble, but... I don't have an iPhone or an App Store developer account, etc... Hopefully I'll get to that at some point. 

Not sure about pricing yet. I may make some of it free, but some of it (like viewing CA/PA) will definitely be behind a paywall. This is taking me a LOT of time, so it's not going to be totally free. I'll have to rewrite a lot of the logic with the yearly release of of FMM, so I'll probably release a different version each year like previous scouting apps have done.

At this stage, there are no plans to allow editing. It wouldn't be too hard for things like CA, PA, Attributes, squad status, contract dates etc, but some things would be very difficult (eg names). Mostly however, I'm wary of getting into SIGames territory and competing with their editor. I'd hate to get in trouble with them - therefore I want to stick to stuff that they don't provide.

No timeframes yet. I'd expect it will take quite some time to get it good enough to release. But I am working on it (too much!).

Anyway, there it is. Let me know what you think...

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Any detection feature so you know if a saves been peaked at?

Still weighing up the options. I have a few ideas, but no fail safe way yet.

I can turn on the locked yellow edit button, but I'm assuming that won't do anything if they don't actually have the editor installed. Haven't tried it yet though.

Thinking about a publish stats to website thing, that could say whether cheat mode or normal mode had been used. And maybe another couple of ideas that are fully formed yet. Not entirely sure what's possible yet. But I'd like to do as much as I can to make it obvious.

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Still weighing up the options. I have a few ideas, but no fail safe way yet.

I can turn on the locked yellow edit button, but I'm assuming that won't do anything if they don't actually have the editor installed. Haven't tried it yet though.

Thinking about a publish stats to website thing, that could say whether cheat mode or normal mode had been used. And maybe another couple of ideas that are fully formed yet. Not entirely sure what's possible yet. But I'd like to do as much as I can to make it obvious.

That's all I care about haha, I'm sure you know this type of stuff isn't for me but I understand the demand :)

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

I know @Nucleus is going to shorten it to AssMan 😄 Not going to call it that in case it's banned from Google Play or the App Store

Just call it AssManager then, I’m sure it’ll be fine 😁

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's all I care about haha, I'm sure you know this type of stuff isn't for me but I understand the demand :)

Yeah, I've thought about it a lot. I don't want to be known as the person who made it easier to cheat at challenges. Having said that - realistically there will be a way around whatever I do to counteract it and if people want to cheat enough, they will, whether using this or one of the other ways to cheat. Human nature's a beach. 

On 29/06/2019 at 06:09, Nucleus said:

Just call it AssManager then, I’m sure it’ll be fine 😁

Maybe I should, then I'd be guaranteed that at least one person would use it! :P

added 0 minutes later
On 29/06/2019 at 06:18, Rob said:

Looks good Scratch. 

Thanks Rob!

On 29/06/2019 at 07:11, Woody said:

Yeah nice work bud....would love to learn app development.

I'm mostly enjoying it, but man it can be tough. Spent three hours yesterday working out how to properly display the names that have special characters in them... 😐 Shouldn't have taken that long, but this programming language isn't as widespread as some other ones, so it can be hard to find the right information.

Yum Love me some ass🔥

We def need an app like this and thinking of having iPhone version is even better. Seems so many editors/work arounds for Android and IPhone has nothing besides buying IGE.. Hope you keep up the work looks tough and I got no idea how to code/make apps ... Maybe try looking up in the files section from earlier FMM an editor a guy made on here that let you look/edit saves, maybe see if you can get in touch and see if he has any advice?