Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Abysmal performance by BWM, what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have the regen of Mascherano on my team, who should be pretty damn good. When I play him I usually deploy him in a formation like the attached image shows. Sometimes I use a B2B instead of a CM, sometimes an AP on the right wing.

However, he is frequently rated 5 during games (even though he somehow ends up at 6 often), usually 6 and only very rarely he gets rated 7. Am I doing anything obviously wrong here? Instructions are nothing special, it's all balanced/default and I adjust a few of them based on how the game is going.

Screenshot_20190701_144700_com.sigames.fmm2018.jpg

Screenshot_20190701_144644_com.sigames.fmm2018.jpg

There seems to be an issue with the ratings of players playing in the DM position. I’ve only played the game this year and last but from reading on here it seems to have been an issue for a long time on EME.

If your team is doing really well then you can probably ignore it as he should be doing his job ok. 

I did have a problem on one of my saves where the player who was getting poor ratings ended up unhappy and concerned about his form even though the team was doing great which was really annoying.

If you can get a player to play there who is good at set pieces or penalties you can put him on them which will help their ratings but it needs to be the right player obviously.

59 minutes ago, 1759 said:

There seems to be an issue with the ratings of players playing in the DM position. I’ve only played the game this year and last but from reading on here it seems to have been an issue for a long time on EME.

If your team is doing really well then you can probably ignore it as he should be doing his job ok. 

I did have a problem on one of my saves where the player who was getting poor ratings ended up unhappy and concerned about his form even though the team was doing great which was really annoying.

If you can get a player to play there who is good at set pieces or penalties you can put him on them which will help their ratings but it needs to be the right player obviously.

Thanks for the reply. Hope it gets better in FMM20, which is the next one for me 😛 Really frustrating to see the whole team rated 8 and this guy being rated 5.

3 hours ago, Archj said:

Hope it gets better in FMM20

I wouldn’t get my hopes up to be honest 

A couple of possible ideas if you’re interested (though I haven’t tested them recently myself):

- do you get better ratings and/or team performances if you shift to a 4231? ... so he moves from the DMC position to MC. I switch between the two formations based on who I’m playing.

- or have you tried changing the player role from BWM to either DM or DLP? ... I was getting poor performances from my BWM because he was leaving his position to chase down the ball, so now am happy with a more static / reliable DM role.

- have you tried tweaking the other MC’s roles? I notice you have a DLP together with your BWM, and I don’t do that myself as they position themselves too closely together. Perhaps you can change the DLP to a CM role, and watch the extended highlights to see how they position & pass between themselves.

- also I don’t think you posted your team instructions or his preferred player moves? Is possible there is an issue there, but maybe unlikely 

- also do you have a couple of screenshots of his performance stats - e.g. if you picked 3 games where he got a 5 rating, then posted screenshots of the teams game stats (e.g. each players passes, tackles, shots etc) - am wondering if he’s making too few passes, tackles & interceptions compared to his teammates.

just some thoughts & questions for you. Hope it is a little useful

I've found a BWM is flakey in the defensive strata but more stable in a midfield 3.

I use an Anchor as i find he sits infront of the defensive line and doesnt go searcing for whoever has the ball and leaving you open at the back.

Also a DM would be better too as he would help out defensively if your playing windbacks.