Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Best way to train

I know.. Sounds dumb and been playing long enough now.. But I left a club ( Beijing), I had top facilities. But I looked again and some players were much better.. But how.. Am I not doing something wrong

I have found the best way to train this year is to leave it to the assistant and not touch it again for the duration of the save unless you want to improve a specific player in a specific area.

Not sure why the players are much better after you leave though. Do you have any screenshots?

Didn't take any.. Just noticed a player with 20s..he never had them when I was manager.. Maybe me changing positions and training programs isn't good.. Cause them bars at the side.. Progression bars are sometimes low orange

Edited by russy

I alluded to this back in November but more about team results than player attributes. I alter the training now on challenges to try and increase certain attributes for players but I’m still convinced leaving it alone is better for results so I try not to waste a great deal of time on it.

DF31EABD-F5FA-455F-BD3A-4AEA6E75DD1B.thumb.png.5c66f3e8e3ad244f308f1139e1797377.png

10 hours ago, samhardy said:

I have found the best way to train this year is to leave it to the assistant and not touch it again for the duration of the save unless you want to improve a specific player in a specific area.

Not sure why the players are much better after you leave though. Do you have any screenshots?

Sam do you maybe know if they are better than when you yourself make the retrain "trick " also? I retrain my players for their own position again and again and that helps most of them. Could be interesting to see what works the best

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Sam do you maybe know if they are better than when you yourself make the retrain "trick " also? I retrain my players for their own position again and again and that helps most of them. Could be interesting to see what works the best

Not fully sure what you mean by this mate as once they’re natural in their position they can’t be retrained there again can they?

15 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Not fully sure what you mean by this mate as once they’re natural in their position they can’t be retrained there again can they?

Yes if you train them in fx inside forward left, and then the right side AND then when they are comfortable there too, retrain in favourite again. I saw it on Facebook somewhere, Dalot surely likes it 😃😜

3 minutes ago, russy said:

oh yeah so their natural in a few positions, yea seen that aswell..

Exactly :)! It really gives you opportunity too make some great monsters :)!

It can be good to retrain players to different positions but I think it uses up some of the players potential ability so it can be a balancing act as what’s better say having a player who’s world class at say Inside forward or a player who’s just good in a few positions?

Of course some top top players will have enough potential ability to cope with it but with lesser players it might be a poor strategy for me.

Like the Korean on my DT, he wasn’t a world beater but he had the bread and butter striker attributes in great numbers so he did a great job in the league he was in but if I’d messed around training him into new positions he’d probably have ended up just average at best.

i tend to train up in 2 positions, and thats it, maybe 3 if they allow it, ie ndidi at leicster is a DM/CM but has got great attributes for a BPD, so will save me a few mill going and buying a new BPD..

I think that in general, it is better to pick a position and stick to it. I will retrain a young high potential forward to a winger if he has green or yellow there and I don't need anymore forwards, but I leave him training for that position forever.. 

I do cross train when it makes sense: MC to AMC because they share the same roles, eg AP; DR to DL because both will be wingbacks, AMR to AML, etc. I'd wouldn't normally play a DR in the DL role, but it's nice back up for injuries on game day.

The key to me is to keep it within the same or similar roles, because they develop the related attributes more quickly. So if I'm training someone as a wingback, either left or right, their dribbling and crossing will improve more as they level up. If I switch them to train as a centreback (assuming they have green or yellow), they will improve arial and tackling more, which are less important if I want them to actually play as wingbacks.

Sure, if they are good enough to approach 20s in the attributes important for their main role, I'll switch them to others, but I focus on the key attributes. The one exception is that I tend to start most CMs as a BBM to help build up stamina and general attributes, then switch them to AP/DLP later...

thanks for all the input, i dont really want the assistant to do training as it takes some of the fun out of the game.

ill keep plugging away with what ive been doing, :)