FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeF

Off Topic Last Man Standing

· Posted (edited)

I know there’s a Fantasy Footie thread already but thought I’d gauge interest in something a little different too.

Last Man Standing

The rules are simple:

- Every player starts with 3 lives

- Each week a player selects a team from the Premier League they think will win their fixture

- If that team draws or loses, you lose a life 

- You can only pick each team once

- Last Man Standing wins

Post below if you’d be interested in giving it a go. We do it at work and it’s a good laugh. 

We do it where everyone chucks in a tenner and the winner takes all (£850 last year!) but obviously we’ll do it for no prize here other than pride as I’m sure no one wants to send money to someone they don’t know!

I’m happy to run the book etc but let’s gauge interest first. 

Edited by MikeF

But how do you only pick one team once? There’s 38 rounds of fixtures and only 20 teams in the Premier League? Also for the teams in the relegations spots picking them is suicide but it seems as if you will have to?

22 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

But how do you only pick one team once? There’s 38 rounds of fixtures and only 20 teams in the Premier League? Also for the teams in the relegations spots picking them is suicide but it seems as if you will have to?

Yup straight after I said I have a go I questioned this exact statement in my head but I’d be happy to be proved wrong

50 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

It probably won’t last the 38 games though as everyone has 3 life’s before they are out.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

It probably won’t last the 38 games though as everyone has 3 life’s before they are out.

Ye fair enough 

Yeah. Basically I played with 83 people at work (at £10 a pop!) and it got to week 14 or something. Previous year went to week 11 but could be much sooner before you lose all lives. 

2 hours ago, Gunners Rishi said:

You can only pick each team once so you have to pick the rubbish teams at some point. It never gets to week 20. Anything can happen of course but usually it goes much less. 

I guess if it gets to week 20 you’re very good or very lucky! 

We probably just reset the team choices if you get there?

· Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chazza111 said:

I guess if it gets to week 20 you’re very good or very lucky! 

We probably just reset the team choices if you get there?

Yeah. It’s never happened in 5 years but you never know. 

Edited by MikeF

This looks like a load of fun as well as the fantasy league, looking forward to the new season!

Cool. Looks like we have a few people so let’s do this. I’ll set up a proper post confirming everything shortly.