Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Second Nationality Call Ups

I know FMM is not very in depth with nationalities of players but I was wondering if a players attitude towards a second nationality will ever improve or decrease when it comes to accepting a call up? I tried a couple international saves with USA and certain players seemed to always refuse a call up no matter how high we are ranked or how high my manager reputation is . Can you change players minds or is it a hidden attribute that they will never play for second nationality and it’s does not adjust ?  

I've had a few players accept call ups for their second nationality, tbf I suppose it has nothing to do with your reputation and it's a 50/50 call from the player for how much he represents each half of his nationality

When I was managing Scotland, I found that no players with Scotland as a second nation wanted to play for us. This continued even when we were ranked 3rd in the world. But Scotland only had a 3 star reputation on the Info screen, so maybe that's more important.

Maybe the players were hoping for a call up for their first nations which were more prestigious (I can't remember them all but one was Spain, another was Argentina)? Not sure...

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

I've had a few players accept call ups for their second nationality, tbf I suppose it has nothing to do with your reputation and it's a 50/50 call from the player for how much he represents each half of his nationality

Just wondering if you can change that 50/50 as there’s couple players always try for USA and always turned down even later on with no caps/call ups from First Nation. Guess the game isn’t that deep in international side yet like maybe praising a player or have other options like show interest or scout so it’s not just call up yes/no .

11 hours ago, Scratch said:

When I was managing Scotland, I found that no players with Scotland as a second nation wanted to play for us. This continued even when we were ranked 3rd in the world. But Scotland only had a 3 star reputation on the Info screen, so maybe that's more important.

Maybe the players were hoping for a call up for their first nations which were more prestigious (I can't remember them all but one was Spain, another was Argentina)? Not sure...

I thought of that for one target T.Tillman (In real life he’s interested in the USA so not 100% no to USA) he’s on Bayern and German first nationality so guess could see him waiting for Germany but even some older ones who haven’t been called yet and are 25-26 still turn down think they take any call up as they get older vs never playing internationally. Then there are lesser known players that have weaker first nationality than USA and still turn down . One of weakest positions is LB for us so had a 19 yr old playing in USL (2nd tier USA) that was Trinidad and Tobago first and he would always say no even though he’s not huge star or big club, second nationality higher reputation and plays position we aren’t deep in think he say yes once not no 100%. 

Wonder if FMM would think about adding in a bit more depth on the International side especially with players choosing a national team such a big event. If player picks you could have news item like a big transfer or if he doesn’t have news item big shock choose another nation etc. They have the pay a fee to lawyer to contest work permit and the staff taking assessment tests maybe use same mechanic labeled differently like pay to send federation members to players try to change mind, one last bid when he ready to choose a nation .

Idk if it’s just me but players with so many choices and some getting one time switches even after playing senior caps for one country makes international side more interesting seeing who you could recruit . You saw recently  D. Rice choosing England over Ireland , L.Bailey finally suiting up for Jamaica after couple years recruiting, T.Boyd filing one time change from NZ to USA , J.Gonzalez choosing Mexico over USA which would have made a stacked midfield if he stayed (Pulisic, Mckennie, Adams, Gonzalez). Look at Germany and tell me they would have won those World Cups without M.Klose and L.Podolski who were both born in Poland and could have played for Poland ? Just big decisions and even little ones can make big differences in a national teams fortune . 

3 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

I thought of that for one target T.Tillman (In real life he’s interested in the USA so not 100% no to USA) he’s on Bayern and German first nationality so guess could see him waiting for Germany but even some older ones who haven’t been called yet and are 25-26 still turn down think they take any call up as they get older vs never playing internationally. Then there are lesser known players that have weaker first nationality than USA and still turn down . One of weakest positions is LB for us so had a 19 yr old playing in USL (2nd tier USA) that was Trinidad and Tobago first and he would always say no even though he’s not huge star or big club, second nationality higher reputation and plays position we aren’t deep in think he say yes once not no 100%. 

Wonder if FMM would think about adding in a bit more depth on the International side especially with players choosing a national team such a big event. If player picks you could have news item like a big transfer or if he doesn’t have news item big shock choose another nation etc. They have the pay a fee to lawyer to contest work permit and the staff taking assessment tests maybe use same mechanic labeled differently like pay to send federation members to players try to change mind, one last bid when he ready to choose a nation .

Idk if it’s just me but players with so many choices and some getting one time switches even after playing senior caps for one country makes international side more interesting seeing who you could recruit . You saw recently  D. Rice choosing England over Ireland , L.Bailey finally suiting up for Jamaica after couple years recruiting, T.Boyd filing one time change from NZ to USA , J.Gonzalez choosing Mexico over USA which would have made a stacked midfield if he stayed (Pulisic, Mckennie, Adams, Gonzalez). Look at Germany and tell me they would have won those World Cups without M.Klose and L.Podolski who were both born in Poland and could have played for Poland ? Just big decisions and even little ones can make big differences in a national teams fortune . 

I guess this part of the game is pretty basic (ie not much depth in how it works). All I know is I couldn't interest anyone in Scotland and gave up trying eventually (apart form a half hearted check no one was interested every few years.

I definitely think they could do more around the ITN part of the game. Not convinced they will of course, they have a lot of stuff to do, and I suspect this won't be a high priority for the majority of users, but we can always hope! It would be good to see some of this fleshed out more and a little more realistic. 🤞

14 hours ago, Scratch said:

I guess this part of the game is pretty basic (ie not much depth in how it works). All I know is I couldn't interest anyone in Scotland and gave up trying eventually (apart form a half hearted check no one was interested every few years.

I definitely think they could do more around the ITN part of the game. Not convinced they will of course, they have a lot of stuff to do, and I suspect this won't be a high priority for the majority of users, but we can always hope! It would be good to see some of this fleshed out more and a little more realistic. 🤞

Hope they add the ability to at least convince a player to represent your nation. For now, a little editing can help :laugh:

On 18/07/2019 at 21:21, NguyenDucAnh said:

For now, a little editing can help

Should I add this to my old tutorial? It might be helpful for me, but I don't know what others may think about it.

On 20/07/2019 at 20:48, NguyenDucAnh said:

Should I add this to my old tutorial? It might be helpful for me, but I don't know what others may think about it.

I don't think I'd use it personally, but then I don't really edit anything. I just read, not change! 😄 

I'm guess some would find it useful though, so could be worth adding. It would probably be really straightforward wouldn't it? People could just swap the primary and secondary country codes and from memory they're next to each other. 

Oh, I just checked and I have these next to each other:

• Country
  • Other Country
  • ITN team played for / managed (from team list, not nation list)

Not sure what the best approach would be. Swapping Country and Other Country would probably be enough, I think the ITN team is only used when the player is in the squad, but not really sure about that so would likely need testing.

Anyway, what I meant to say (before I got sidetracked!) was that it's probably worth doing, I'm sure some would find it useful. 😄

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

I don't think I'd use it personally, but then I don't really edit anything. I just read, not change! 😄 

I'm guess some would find it useful though, so could be worth adding. It would probably be really straightforward wouldn't it? People could just swap the primary and secondary country codes and from memory they're next to each other. 

Oh, I just checked and I have these next to each other:

• Country
  • Other Country
  • ITN team played for / managed (from team list, not nation list)

Not sure what the best approach would be. Swapping Country and Other Country would probably be enough, I think the ITN team is only used when the player is in the squad, but not really sure about that so would likely need testing.

Anyway, what I meant to say (before I got sidetracked!) was that it's probably worth doing, I'm sure some would find it useful. 😄

Yeah, that's the basic part I found as well. You don't even need to swap the two nationalities, just edit the international team's ID that the player currently plays for (better if it's FF FF), and move him to the desire national team squad by using his ID. Give him at least one cap, and he's all yours.😂

I used this way often when I was managing Italy, since there are so many half-Italians from South America. In England, I managed to steal Rabbi Matondo, Leon Bailey, and even Erling Haland, and I felt so satifying 🤣 So there is no need to do testing, I can confirm that it works flawlessly 👍

Edited by NguyenDucAnh
On 23/07/2019 at 10:01, NguyenDucAnh said:

Yeah, that's the basic part I found as well. You don't even need to swap the two nationalities, just edit the international team's ID that the player currently plays for (better if it's FF FF), and move him to the desire national team squad by using his ID. Give him at least one cap, and he's all yours.😂

I used this way often when I was managing Italy, since there are so many half-Italians from South America. In England, I managed to steal Rabbi Matondo, Leon Bailey, and even Erling Haland, and I felt so satifying 🤣 So there is no need to do testing, I can confirm that it works flawlessly 👍

Would you like to explain how to move the player to the desire national team squad? Thanks😢

17 minutes ago, AlanIsonice said:

Would you like to explain how to move the player to the desire national team squad? Thanks😢

Which player was it, and what nation? I'm not naturally good at explaining, so I'll need a specific example so I can help you.

1 hour ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Which player was it, and what nation? I'm not naturally good at explaining, so I'll need a specific example so I can help you.

Thanks! I want Josha Vagnoman (3D 5D 6F 05) to represent Ivory Coast cos he cant play international game with Germany. 

7 hours ago, AlanIsonice said:

Thanks! I want Josha Vagnoman (3D 5D 6F 05) to represent Ivory Coast cos he cant play international game with Germany. 

Good choice, the boy deserves to play internationally.

One question though, is he in the U21s, or he hadn't called up at all? If not, it would be very easy, and would probably take less than a minute to get him.

4 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Good choice, the boy deserves to play internationally.

One question though, is he in the U21s, or he hadn't called up at all? If not, it would be very easy, and would probably take less than a minute to get him.

He hadn’t called by U21.

27 minutes ago, AlanIsonice said:

He hadn’t called by U21.

Oh good, that's what I'd wanted to hear.

I'd assume that your Ivory Coast has 23 players first. Find 00 00 F8 FF FF FF, and note down the two digits before it (13 00 in most cases, African countries' IDs are mostly persistent), you'll need it later. Now, find 3D 5D 6F 05, and you'll notice the 58 01 D0 07 91 00 13 00 FF FF 01 (the FF FF maybe something else, but since he wasn't called up, it should be FF FF). Now change that to 13 00, and copy 4 values before 3D 5D 6F 05 (that's the ID, and I'll call it XX XX 00 00 for example). Then, search for Ivory Coast, and you'll see a long string of IDs there. Paste the XX XX 00 00 over FF FF FF FF that is near the last player's ID. Save the file, and when you load it again, you'll see Vagnoman, still has German nationality, but one cap will change his nationality. You can use this to take all players with Ivory Coast nationality to your squad, and the best part is many uncapped wonderkids has Ivory Coast as second nation, which will further strengthen your national team.

You can use a more brute method of swapping 91 00 13 00 with 13 00 91 00, but that wasn't as satisfying as "stealing" Vagnoman right when he still has German nationality. Also, bear in mind that there's a limit of 40 players per squad, so you'll have to be careful with the amount of players that you want to take. Good luck, and have fun building a strong national team!

19 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Oh good, that's what I'd wanted to hear.

I'd assume that your Ivory Coast has 23 players first. Find 00 00 F8 FF FF FF, and note down the two digits before it (13 00 in most cases, African countries' IDs are mostly persistent), you'll need it later. Now, find 3D 5D 6F 05, and you'll notice the 58 01 D0 07 91 00 13 00 FF FF 01 (the FF FF maybe something else, but since he wasn't called up, it should be FF FF). Now change that to 13 00, and copy 4 values before 3D 5D 6F 05 (that's the ID, and I'll call it XX XX 00 00 for example). Then, search for Ivory Coast, and you'll see a long string of IDs there. Paste the XX XX 00 00 over FF FF FF FF that is near the last player's ID. Save the file, and when you load it again, you'll see Vagnoman, still has German nationality, but one cap will change his nationality. You can use this to take all players with Ivory Coast nationality to your squad, and the best part is many uncapped wonderkids has Ivory Coast as second nation, which will further strengthen your national team.

You can use a more brute method of swapping 91 00 13 00 with 13 00 91 00, but that wasn't as satisfying as "stealing" Vagnoman right when he still has German nationality. Also, bear in mind that there's a limit of 40 players per squad, so you'll have to be careful with the amount of players that you want to take. Good luck, and have fun building a strong national team!

Thanks!!! Will try it!! May i know what the 00 00 F8 FF FF meaning for??

2 minutes ago, AlanIsonice said:

Thanks!!! Will try it!! May i know what the 00 00 F8 FF FF meaning for??

It was Ivory Coast's UID. Normally you'd search for their names and get two values (13 00) that is 10 values ahead of it. Just a heads-up, since African countries' IDs tend to be persistent, their nationality's ID is the same as their team's ID (13 00 in this case). If ypu plan on using the same trick for other national team, you'd have to note down nationality ID too, which is just be hind the nation's abbreviated name.

Also, if you want to go around stealing half Ivorian players, find 00 13 00 FF FF 01, and repeat the process above. I really recommend doing this, as many good wonderkids (mostly French for the obvious reason) has Ivory Coast nationality.

13 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

It was Ivory Coast's UID. Normally you'd search for their names and get two values (13 00) that is 10 values ahead of it. Just a heads-up, since African countries' IDs tend to be persistent, their nationality's ID is the same as their team's ID (13 00 in this case). If ypu plan on using the same trick for other national team, you'd have to note down nationality ID too, which is just be hind the nation's abbreviated name.

Also, if you want to go around stealing half Ivorian players, find 00 13 00 FF FF 01, and repeat the process above. I really recommend doing this, as many good wonderkids (mostly French for the obvious reason) has Ivory Coast nationality.

It's work! Many thanks!

I'm coaching Nigeria. I tried calling up an uncapped player with dual nationalities who was very good.  But he rejected until he retired.  All the players with dual nationalities reject a call up. Although some have even pledged their future to Nigeria in the real life.