Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM is a joke - player roles

I've noticed that both libero and central defender are playing and moving same - I also discovered that defensive full back and wing back are moving same as well. What's wrong with this game? How can I lose 2 goals in 13 matches with 2 libero? 

Screenshot_20190718-140108_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190718-140119_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

hmm - i mean, i don't think it's a joke, it's just a game. there's no "proof" there. i've used a Libero before and i noticed him stepping into midfield a fair bit. you probably don't concede much because you're much better than the other teams...

So much depends on the players you use in a role as well I think.

So you say a DFB performs in the same way as a WB but were you using the same player in those both roles? If you have a player who is well suited to being a WB so he is fast, can cross and is more attack minded in general I think he is going to play his natural game just as players will in real life. Take a player like TAA or Kyle Walker there natural instinct is to attack. I’m sure if there managers asked them to sit deep and defend for a time in a game then they would try there best but over a number of games there natural attacking instinct would kick in and they simply wouldn’t be able to perform the role of a DFB.

As @Mr Tree says you are a top team with excellent players and that is going to make a more unusual tactic work better than it would for a small club.

Mentality also plays a massive part in average positioning and how they function. A WB in a controlled set up is completely different to one in an overload one. 

I’ve never actually used the Libero role but I know that even though it’s a more attacking role the player is still expected to defend. Looking at your system i wouldn’t expect you to concede many goals with a top team like Barca especially after a few years of squad building. You have 3 players in CM and CD and with them all probably being top players you will be totally dominating the centre of the pitch and I do realise one player is playing out of position but he is a full back/wing back so may have decent defensive attributes.

If you take out one of your defenders and put him to the AM position you then have a similar set up to one I used at Napoli which after a season or two was practically water tight at the back.

16 minutes ago, Chris1428 said:

How about Inverted Wing Back who can't play as WB?

Screenshot_20190718-144333_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Yes just retrain him to it - under position :)

10 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

You are already retraining him as an inverted wing back otherwise that option wouldn’t show up

I don't. He isn't even in my team. 

Tbf that's just a suggested role so it means nothing and I'm assuming he's a regen which have always had odd roles from time to time