Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to counter the 433 with 4231

Elliott

I am currently playing a career with a 4231. Gk, WB, CD, BPD, WB, DLP, DLP, W/IF, AP/SS, W/AF, P. I will typically line up attacking, narrow width, slow tempo and balanced creativity. Balanced defensive line, closing down own half, normal tackling, offside trap, no time wasting, attacking: overlap, shoot on sight, through balls, short passing, mixed passing focus, short gk passing.

Teams increasingly line up a 433 against me even if its not their normal game and its super effective. 

I don't really have the players to pick a different formation, especially when the team lines out with the 433 unexpectedly.

I've tried a more defensive mentality and changing WBs to DFBs, but its just not helping.

Please can anyone suggest how to deal with the 433? Preferably without changing formation.

Edited by Elliott

You would probably need to change formation, personally if drop your AM to a DM or CD and play down the wings with wingback and wingers with Look for Overlap on as they they only have a LB and RB you should easily overload each flank play a CM and BBM in the centre and your DM as a BWM also change to fast tempo and go to Counter attack with Normal or wide width