Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Need help on creating tactics for my team

I have started FM Mobile 2019 this year after doing well last year in FM mobile 2018 in rebuilding manchester united.

I was wondering if anyone could help me in creating tactics for my manchester united save. 

I seem to be struggling with the lack of goals my strikers are scoring and there form. I also seem to be lacking creativity from my midfield and wingers. Even though the results tell me a different story. 

I have tried going for a more realistic route in building manchester united by making the signings they have made for this season. Plus adding my own additional signings. 

I dont know if the issue is to do with the tactics I've been using from the forum which may not be suited to my players or whether it's to do with the way I've been training my players. But they dont also seem to be in the best of form. 

I want my tactic to be really punchy where theres lots of speed from my wingers who can also get a goal or two and my striker to be scoring aswell. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Screenshot_20190816-230502_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg1788269919_Screenshot_20190816-231845_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.6120f3c59f58b86c13a18070cfd3b7c7.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-230454_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-231740_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-230502_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-231708_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-230253_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-230454_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-231736_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-231740_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-231712_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-231718_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-232742_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-232716_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-232739_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-232720_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-232732_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Spiderwan
13 minutes ago, Ian said:

Mate, you’ve won every game except one where you drew and are hardly conceding so don’t understand what improvements you are expecting.

My striker is struggling to score goals for some reason. I've tried playing him as a target man or even his preferred role which is poacher. But he's not scoring enough. Either he's not as good or its lack of service being provided to him. Which I think is the issue. I think it maybe to do with the wingers. Cause I have martial, sanchez, daniel james and lingard in those positions. I feel as though I'm not getting enough goals apart from those few odd games where my team bagged 4. 

Most of rashfords goals have been in the champions cup. He still has overall decent amount of goals so far. But I think theres something definitely wrong in the middle of the park or out on the wings. 

Edited by Spiderwan
3 hours ago, Spiderwan said:

My striker is struggling to score goals for some reason. I've tried playing him as a target man or even his preferred role which is poacher. But he's not scoring enough. Either he's not as good or its lack of service being provided to him. Which I think is the issue. I think it maybe to do with the wingers. Cause I have martial, sanchez, daniel james and lingard in those positions. I feel as though I'm not getting enough goals apart from those few odd games where my team bagged 4. 

Most of rashfords goals have been in the champions cup. He still has overall decent amount of goals so far. But I think theres something definitely wrong in the middle of the park or out on the wings. 

Unless you are doing one of the challenges, why change a very successful tactic? Other players are scoring as you're winning games which is clear from your results.

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Unless you are doing one of the challenges, why change a very successful tactic? Other players are scoring as you're winning games which is clear from your results.

No I'm not doing any of the challenges at all. The engine is set to EME. I just feel I need to change my tactics, I'm just quite not happy with those tactics. Like I'm not getting enough from the players. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Try to change your formation to 4231 narrow and trough ball instruction with poacher role

What roles should I give to my other players, also what should I set my shape, defence and attack as. 

Edited by Spiderwan

Those wingers are rubbish I'm afraid, same as in real life :)

I'd take early crosses off - you're just constantly giving the ball back to the opposition before it gets dangerous...

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

Those wingers are rubbish I'm afraid, same as in real life :)

I'd take early crosses off - you're just constantly giving the ball back to the opposition before it gets dangerous...

Ok fair enough I understand lingard is ideally not a winger, plus martial is more of number 9 then a winger. But don't be saying they are rubbish. 😂

I do have however dan james and sanchez sat on the bench. I prefer playing the youngsters more then the senior players. 

Is there anything else you would change ? 

6 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

Ok fair enough I understand lingard is ideally not a winger, plus martial is more of number 9 then a winger. But don't be saying they are rubbish. 😂

I do have however dan james and sanchez sat on the bench. I prefer playing the youngsters more then the senior players. 

Is there anything else you would change ? 

Martial's the only one of the four I'd like in my IF rotation - you can do better otherwise, I reckon.

I find that BWM (DM) position generally pointless myself, move him up into the midfield three - but that's just me. Otherwise it looks fine.

Oh and others have had success with Overload but I find it only useful as an emergency - they tend to play like headless chickens otherwise!

Edited by Mr Tree
39 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Martial's the only one of the four I'd like in my IF rotation - you can do better otherwise, I reckon.

I find that BWM (DM) position generally pointless myself, move him up into the midfield three - but that's just me. Otherwise it looks fine.

Oh and others have had success with Overload but I find it only useful as an emergency - they tend to play like headless chickens otherwise!

So move the BWM to half way line ? 

6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Yeah, I prefer them there, but that's just me :)

No worries cheers for your help. I'll let you know how I get on. 

Edited by Spiderwan
59 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

No worries cheers for your help. I'll let you know how I get on. 

Got slapped by Chelsea in my 3rd game 4-0 so I raged quit. Completely dominated. That's not how I remember it last weekend. 😂

Inf will shoot more resulting in less created chances for your striker. Also BBM will shoot more to so maybe go for one that has poorer shooting maybe and more creativity and passing aswell as decisions. You need him to know he cant shoot so decisions is vital.

You need more support for your top man so pushing more players further forward should help him. He need the support as majority of you 1st 11 is set too far back.

May work may not but its worth a try atleast.

43 minutes ago, Woody said:

Inf will shoot more resulting in less created chances for your striker. Also BBM will shoot more to so maybe go for one that has poorer shooting maybe and more creativity and passing aswell as decisions. You need him to know he cant shoot so decisions is vital.

You need more support for your top man so pushing more players further forward should help him. He need the support as majority of you 1st 11 is set too far back.

May work may not but its worth a try atleast.

So how would you go about setting up the team and what instructions and roles would you apply say for attack, defence and shape. What would you reccomend with the players I have available ? Or would you start a new season from scratch. 

14 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

So how would you go about setting up the team and what instructions and roles would you apply say for attack, defence and shape. What would you reccomend with the players I have available ? Or would you start a new season from scratch. 

GK

WB CD CD WB

CM CM

AP AP AP

P

control,balanced,normal,balanced

Balanced,all over,normal

Trough ball,short,mixed,mixed

28 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

GK

WB CD CD WB

CM CM

AP AP AP

P

control,balanced,normal,balanced

Balanced,all over,normal

Trough ball,short,mixed,mixed

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go and post the results. 

5 hours ago, Spiderwan said:

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go and post the results. 

So after a change of tactics, I have still managed to get results but not convincing. I seem to just about scraping results with the skin of my teeth. I think I should be getting better results for the team I have. 

Screenshot_20190817-193724_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190817-193732_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Dont know if the job seems cursed. Tried most of the tactics on the index page for at least 10 or more games. They all seem to be failing for some reason. At least for the united job.

Edited by Spiderwan

I agree with @Ian nothing wrong with beating Liverpool twice, Man City, Spurs and Barca without conceding and scoring 9 goals in the process.

You won’t win every game 4-0 and it looks like you are on the right track to me so stick with the tactic and keep on improving the squad.

Patience is the key.

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

I agree with @Ian nothing wrong with beating Liverpool twice, Man City, Spurs and Barca without conceding and scoring 9 goals in the process.

You won’t win every game 4-0 and it looks like you are on the right track to me so stick with the tactic and keep on improving the squad.

Patience is the key.

I'll stick to the tactics see how they go. I'll update the post at the end of the season and show overall if the tactics work. I also hope it helps anyone that's struggling with manchester united tactics.

21 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

I'll stick to the tactics see how they go. I'll update the post at the end of the season and show overall if the tactics work. I also hope it helps anyone that's struggling with manchester united tactics.

It's a good tactic in general with the different sides I've tried it with. That reminds me I need to post a test with it, I keep forgetting after I saw it posted in the tactics thread.

38 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

It's a good tactic in general with the different sides I've tried it with. That reminds me I need to post a test with it, I keep forgetting after I saw it posted in the tactics thread.

Cheers mate. I don't own the tactics, I copied it from one of the people who possibly put on the thread but I tweaked it and enhanced it a little. It's suited for EME and for Manchester united, at least for my save. But you may require the right players to with the right roles.  

Edited by Spiderwan

There is however another set of tactics I've been following been using the for the past 3-4 games and which for me gives my players a lot of chances but because they are still young the players do miss a few or else I could be bagging at least 4-5 goals each game. 

5 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

Cheers mate. I don't own the tactics, I copied it from one of the people who possibly put on the thread but I tweaked it and enhanced it a little. It's suited for EME and for Manchester united, at least for my save. But you may require the right players to with the right roles.  

I know, I said I have seen it before in the tactics thread. It's one of the more solid ones of the forum. Best of luck with your other tactic, as I notice you say you've made another.

22 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I know, I said I have seen it before in the tactics thread. It's one of the more solid ones of the forum. Best of luck with your other tactic, as I notice you say you've made another.

So just a quick update I've just hit January or close to the end of January. 

Here are my results so far: 

Screenshot_20190819-001420_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-001620_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Still undefeated and managing to get some respectable scores. Goals coming from all over the park. I've got so say greenwood has made less appearances but has scored the same amount of goals as sanchez. But sanchez has bagged over 22 assists this season. If only he was as good as he was in his arsenal days. 

For anyone who who wants to know the chelsea result I won 1-0. But I guess that was to do with the tactics being new and taking time to settle in. 

I think I may do an invincible season this year fingers crossed. 

Edited by Spiderwan
6 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

Still undefeated and managing to get some respectable scores. Goals coming from all over the park. I've got so say greenwood has made less appearances but has scored the same amount of goals as sanchez. But sanchez has bagged over 22 assists this season. If only he was as good as he was in his arsenal days. 

For anyone who who wants to know the chelsea result I won 1-0. But I guess that was to do with the tactics being new and taking time to settle in. 

Nice work 👍

34 minutes ago, Spiderwan said:

I think I may do an invincible season this year fingers crossed. 

Its looking good, what are your tactical settings now? Shape, attack and defence :)?

8 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Its looking good, what are your tactical settings now? Shape, attack and defence :)?

These are the tactics I'm using. Credit goes to a fellow user by name of darlingtonvii. For sharing his tactics. But I am using, the tactics I first posted the odd couple of games where if I need to hold the lead by any chance. Otherwise the tactics below are fine. 

Screenshot_20190817-194942.png.d502e80830f381eca199b205dc63f550.png

Screenshot_20190817-194945.png.7aa65f69e6628e9bb6884c3194e2b336.png

Screenshot_20190817-194949.png.b4a133e7d637f5bf0acaad0e0d419e9b.png