Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

FM Mobile 2020: Potential New Features

6B9F16E5-21FE-4DA9-82EF-E4CAAE196198.png.256cc774e1e2de9441391ebdd0c71043.png

At this time of year the excitement is starting to build at the prospect of the next edition of FMM and we are now only a few months away from FMM20. Every year we see a handful of new features added to the game and we all have ideas what we would like to see those features be. I have gathered four other prominent members of Vibe and got them to give some ideas of features or improvements they would like to see in FMM20.

I would like to thank @Rob, @smoggy90, @Mr Tree, and @Ian for taking the time to write their sections and it would be great if you can show them some appreciation in the comments and pop them a <3 their way too if they comment.

5034DF03-296A-41C4-9693-DC16F3E9633A.jpeg.d81af3aa5e660734c209be2330faa8b2.jpeg

@smoggy90: Set Pieces

Set pieces in the game are a bug bear of mine and for many other players I imagine, particularly when doing a goal scoring/assist challenge.  I would love to see some form of set piece designer/creator and it would add a whole new level to tactics.  A lot of tactics you see are very similar and there is little flexibility for me, so adding the ability to be creative with your set pieces would be a massive improvement.  Currently you get to choose four takers and be specific which side you take them from with corners and free kicks.  So you may prefer a left footer one side swinging it towards the goal or on the other side swinging it away and vice versa.  I will note some further options for each of these categories below.

Free Kicks

We’ve all been there - you win a free kick just inside the opposition half or out by the by-line and your main striker steps up to take it – yes he is the 1st choice taker but that is for free kicks just outside the area where you want him to bang them in.  Not for crossing it into the box for someone else!  To me I would love to see a few options incorporated such as selecting different takers for direct or non-direct free kicks.  I personally set my main striker on both left side and right side free kicks so this doesn’t really do much for me, I would much prefer to be able to have more influence on who takes them in what specific areas of the pitch and for what purpose.  You don’t want your big brute of a target man trying to cross it in for your playmaker or wingers.  Also who will go forward for attacking free kicks, can we have the ability to send your centre backs forward, or hold them back – can we set our striker up to attack the ball in the box, perhaps have your AP lurking outside the box for a breakdown.  There are so many options but even just some simplistic ones to get us started and hopefully develop over the next few releases would be good for me.

Corners

Corners are a great way to score multiple goals and also gain a lot of assists for the taker – whether this is a slight flaw in the engine or the fact it is fairly easy to train up a strikers aerial ability I’m not sure.  If you have a striker with good aerial he will attack the near post and score you plenty.  In my current DT challenge I have my left sided striker taking corners and my right sided (or central) striker who has 20 for aerial attacks the near post.  Even a 41 year old Phil Foden is still notching assists for me in a Real Madrid save, many of which come from corners.  It would be nice to have some sort of control over this and to be able to set certain players to attack the near post, stay central, attack far post, lurk outside the area etc.  It’s very similar to the free kick options in this respect as in there are so many options and so much flexibility available that it would be nice to see a step towards some sort of set piece creator.  Imagine how pleasing it would be setting up a set piece routine and to see it play out and come to fruition on the pitch.

I don’t think there is much to say about penalty takers so I’m happy with that and I don’t really see any benefit of choosing a throw in taker unless you adopt a Tony Pulis style of bombarding the penalty area at every opportunity with a Ryan Shotton long throw, but that brings me out in cold sweats just thinking about it!

Hope this provokes some thought and discussion and would love to hear other people’s opinions on it.

655E2756-899A-4AC0-BE09-F39B54A54793.png.16116b8ad5db6dbcc364744f4a7610c6.png

@Rob: Team Instructions 

Set piece instructions

Perhaps my biggest bugbear with player instructions and Vibe challenges is set-piece takers. The first element I’d change is free-kicks.

Now I know Vibe is a microcosm of FMM users, so SI probably don’t care, but does anyone else get infuriated when the striker you want to get a 1kc is taking free-kicks from just inside the touchline? In fact, take challenges out of the equation and it seems nonsensical that you cannot determine who takes freekicks where. My suggestion is to have four freekick roles:

⁃    Freekick (crossing) right;

⁃    Freekick (crossing) left;

⁃    Freekick (shooting) right;

⁃    Freekick (shooting) left

Then you can put your best crossers in the crossing positions and best shooters in the shooting positions and aim for the goals and assists you want.

On to my second setpiece change: corner instructions. Most goals from corners are front post headers from your main striker. 

However, wouldn’t it be good to set individual player instructions? You could have your best heading central defender (Maguire, for example) hit that front post.

Whenever I’ve done a Strikerless challenge my main attacking midfielder NEVER scores from corners as the game isn’t clever enough to deduce that he is my focal point. Individual player instructions on corners would help this.

Arrows

Controversial one this, as I know some people hate arrows, but I want them added to FMM as soon as possible.

Football, primarily, is about angles and space. The addition of arrows would really enhance that. I know player positions are meant to cater for a lot of this, but I would rather layer instructions myself.

Say you have a ball-playing defender, being able to state where he steps out to would be great as the natural assumption is that he would step out centrally, but you may want him to always step out diagonally right to provide the ball to a second line right wingback. On the other side you could have just a first line left-wingback and no other left-sided players, so you could push their arrow to cover the whole length of the side.

I want arrows to drag defenders around. I want players to run in to space. At the moment you have to play inside forwards to mimick a wingback overlapping down the whole flank, which often causes space issues if they cut in to a striker’s area. What about if you could have ‘inside midfielders’ where a right midfielder tucks in, ala how Beckham used to often play at Manchester United to allow Neville to overlap?

I just want arrows back!

2DBD5983-AF4C-4FA0-B939-74081A75F194.jpeg.c85d75791c7058399a145f1cd9b54836.jpeg

@Mr Tree: The Enhanced Match Engine

Before I launch into a few problems and suggestions, I have to say that I think it's brilliant - I've played thousands of matches and still genuinely "enjoy" following them. There are some great little touches too, like players going to retrieve the ball, or the game restarting despite a full-back taking his sweet time to get back into position (so suddenly he has to dash back).

But maybe there could be a few little tweaks - the whole system hasn't had much of a refresh since it was introduced. 

However by "tweaks", I would like to emphasise that I'm looking for real improvement, rather than gimmickry like the poorly-handled addition of VAR this season. I get that it's a nice touch, but what is the point - the silliness of the score updating and the players moving into position before the decision is announced on commentary make it all a bit nonsensical.

One change I'd like to see is in making substitutions. I actually didn't even know that pressing the team name stopped the game until I did it by accident! I always used to just press the "tactics" button at the bottom, although it's always been a bit "sticky" - sometimes it ignores you, sometimes it takes ages to stop. And maybe it could be more realistic anyway - the tactics screen could be one of the tabs and the match could continue (slowly) in the background, so changes are made in "real time" (as it were). Multiple changes would take longer. And changes at half-time could be more effective than drastic mid-match changes which can be hard to communicate to your boys, or maybe that could be more noticeable in lower leagues.

I find some of the goals to be ridiculous - we all know the frustration of conceding. I'd love to see (in real life) some sort of facility for mapping real goals onto the FMM-style pitch - it would make for interesting viewing! But a lot of goals would look so different to how FMM plays. I'm not advocating making the game less interesting by any means, I don't mean to get bogged down in realism in that way - but I do think the goals could be a bit more reflective of how goals are scored in real life.

I'd love to see melees added - as a keen watcher of 40+ Championship games every season, there's barely a game goes by without 10-12 players coming together at some point to share a frank exchange of opinions.

And I'd like to see more Easter Eggs, more fun little "one-offs" that pop up occasionally. Punch-ups, bizarre own goals, awful misses - there must be a wide range of things that can be added, not to excess, but just to make us smile after hours and hours of playing. It's meant to be fun after all!

My final suggestion might just be a personal issue, but can we please change the orange ball?! The whole reason for using it (in real life) is to make it more visible, but against the FMM pitch, for me it has the opposite effect. Use a white, yellow, or BRIGHT orange ball, SI, please!

8422E033-3815-4D68-AD3A-4CDD499CC79C.png.f3ddb03c641db036c5ae60072dd95d1f.png

@Ian: Changes to Training

The whole training system was revamped for this years game with the intention of giving us the user more control over the development of individual players. The previous system allowed us to modify a few different training schedules and then go through the players and pick which schedule you wanted them to train in such as wingers and strikers in the attacking one, defenders in defending and wing backs and midfielders in general as an example. The system worked pretty well I thought and if there was anything I would’ve wanted added to it then it would just be for there to be a couple more customisable training schedules so you could further target some players who you might want to train slightly differently. I’m sure there are plenty reading this who actually preferred that system but it’s probably all hearsay now as we’ve got the new training system and it’d be highly unlikely that the developers would ever contemplate reverting back to the previous one so I will focus on the current system and look at a few things I’d personally like to see added or modified for FMM20.

As I mentioned earlier, the new system allows us to manage the training of all of our players individually so we can select a player to train the role he’s currently playing in and the focus will be on the attributes needed for that role. For example, you've got a deep lying playmaker and you select that role in his training section and he’s now training the main attributes required for the role in passing, creativity, movement and decisions. All sounds great but the problem for me is that it becomes a bit monotonous to have to go through every player and select their role and training intensity separately especially as there are plenty of times when you’ve got a few players who you’d like to train in the same way. I often have all or most of my centre midfielders training in the plain central midfielder role as it covers such a wide range of attributes so I’d be all for an advanced button or something at the top left of the training screen which would then bring up a check box next to every player so you could select a few and then make changes to all of those players at once. As another example, you might be playing a system using a few roles requiring a high level of fitness such as box to box midfielders and wing backs and might decide you want to put them all on light intensity training during heavy fixture periods to keep them fresh so being able to select all of those players and set it up in one go will be a great timesaver. 

Another thing that might be good is for there to be a few schedules that we could totally customise where we could select about say five or six attributes and have that schedule available as an option for the players to train. As an example, there'd be plenty of times when I’d want all of my strikers training what I would call the bread and butter striker attributes in shooting, movement, aerial, pace and strength so a schedule with only those attributes in would be one I’d create given the chance. It’s a change some might be against as you could see it being abused depending on how it were to be implemented but it would add a bit of customisation for the user and would bear similarities to the previous system if you think about it.

Most of you will probably know by now that it’s rather easy on FMM19 to train a player to a high level for the aerial attribute. You only need to select a role that includes aerial as one of the trained attributes and then also select aerial as the players focus attribute and as long as the player still has potential for growth be prepared to see it rise and it could be fast and extreme as in going from 5-20 in a month or so. It’s all a bit ridiculous really and seems to have been known about since the very day the game was released. Many including myself have exploited this on many occasions this year but it’s difficult not to when nothing seems to have been done to try and fix it. Maybe something could be done and of course we don’t know what constraints the developers are working under but in an ideal world you’d probably say that aerial should be an attribute that has potential for improvement but maybe limited to an increase of say 5 to 8 or something like that.

Also, I have never been able to get any of my players to increase their technique attribute and I have a feeling it’s impossible so if that is the case then maybe disabling it or any other unimprovable attributes in the focus attribute section might be a good idea so people are not just wasting their time.

Another idea might be to be able to train players to improve their weaker foot and also maybe an option to try and improve their ability at corners, free kicks or penalties. Those options could easily be added into the focus attribute section which could easily be renamed to just focus.

If someone could persuade me that role traits have any significant effect on the game then obviously having an option to train our players specific traits would be good but I’m not convinced they do a great deal in game so it’s not on my wish list.

Player tutoring is also something that’s on the full game and could maybe be added to FMM20 where we could select an older player to tutor a youngster and some of the older guys personality and hidden attributes like professionalism and ambition might rub off on the younger player. The feature never gripped me when I played the full game so it’s not something I’m in favour of but plenty of others will be I’m sure.

My main wish is for FMM20 to be as bug free as possible and I would almost certainly accept a few features being dropped from the game if it were to guarantee a more stable game which is why I haven’t gone overboard here as I believe the training system is decent as is and only needs a few little tweaks to streamline it a touch.

What changes to training would you like to see?

B3E0DC6B-69BD-4339-AD45-3BD118D7BBFE.jpeg.6866bda94393b2dcb1193d144582cf38.jpeg

@FoxyNew Leagues

In the last two editions of FMM we have seen four new playable leagues added to the roster with two added in each edition of the game. These leagues always bring a new set of challenges and players to the game and can really help make the new editions feel more fresh and exciting. It’s certainly no guarantee that we will see any new leagues in this years game but let’s hope we do.

Everyone will have there own ideas of what leagues that would like added to the game especially if you live in or support a club that you cannot manage at the moment. I think it’s safe to say that SI generally have financial reasons behind the leagues they look to add to the game as demonstrated by both Korea and China being added in the last two years as they are huge mobile gaming markets and FMM is a popular game in those nations. The hope is that they also look to give a good spread of nations across the world that we can manage in and with that in mind I have three nations I would be happy to see added to the new game.

Mexico

This may seem a slightly random choice but I think it would add more depth to the MLS and the North American Champions League. At the moment we can only manage the MLS clubs in North America which means when you go into continental competition with those clubs the other teams in the competition can feel a little incomplete which in turn makes it feel less of an accomplishment if you win it. You then have the fact that Mexico has some big clubs and it is a well supported league with some good players just waiting to be discovered which is a huge part of the fun of FMM I think. 

Just think of the hidden gems that must be just waiting to be discovered.

Brazil and Argentina

Brazil was in FMH/FMM up and till a few years ago and it seems there is some licensing issues meaning we have to make do with just initials for the club names meaning Brazil may not be a viable league to be added. Then in Argentina they have a odd system of relegation based on average points over a couple of seasons that may be hard to replicate. That said South America is a huge empty space in the FMM map that needs to be filled in a little bit.

I have put Brazil and Argentina together as they are the top leagues in South America and personally I would like to see them both added for the same reasons as Mexico, simply they will add more depth to continental competitions if they are both added. Both nations are hotbeds of football and the breeding grounds for some of the best footballers in the world so it would be great fun to be able to manage in these two nations.

I think any of these three leagues would add more depth to the game but honourable mentions should also go to leagues in Europe including the nations in Central Europe such as Austria, Switzerland and Czechia, Greece or the Scandinavian countries that would also be good to see added.

Which leagues would you like to see in FMM20?

It will be great to get your thoughts on these ideas but also what features or improvements would you like to see on FMM20?

Thanks for reading and all comments are appreciated.

One other thing i'd like in the game are sounds, especially fans chant. For example, your star player is running with the ball, you'll definitely like it if the home fans cheer him on, and if the opposition star player is with ball, then the fans will boo him.

And also pitch invaders would be a welcomed addition, especially when your team is 1 nil up, with 3 extra minutes to go and then booooom, a half naked girl is running around the field.

20 minutes ago, darlingtonvii said:

One other thing i'd like in the game are sounds, especially fans chant. For example, your star player is running with the ball, you'll definitely like it if the home fans cheer him on, and if the opposition star player is with ball, then the fans will boo him.

to be honest i do that in my head anyway........

I think that if some teams in Asia would make more dynamics to the game with players that no one might ever heard of.

Leagues like Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, Japan, India and Qatar will add some hidden gems that'll cost around a few thousands where it is cheaper than South American players

12 hours ago, darlingtonvii said:

And also pitch invaders would be a welcomed addition, especially when your team is 1 nil up, with 3 extra minutes to go and then booooom, a half naked girl is running around the field.

The sound would irritate me so I would just turn them off especially as I listen to music or watch tv when I play but “naked” dots running on the pitch might be amusing!

10 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

I think that if some teams in Asia would make more dynamics to the game with players that no one might ever heard of.

Leagues like Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, Japan, India and Qatar will add some hidden gems that'll cost around a few thousands where it is cheaper than South American players

I always look at any new leagues added to the game as a bonus because it brings new players, teams to the game so it’s always a win win situation when new leagues are added.

I can vouch for India with quite a few hidden gems in there but Japan is one league i hope is added as i have followed that one and it is an exciting one. Also as @Foxy mentioned, South and North America is a barren landscape so SI needs to do something about it.

Having the ability to load up ‘specific patches’ (ie geographical areas) would be cool, even if it was in the form of an add on that you would have to buy.

bring able to load up leagues in Eastern Europe/Baltic’s/Balklans would be cool, same with South America.

The idea of being able to load up leagues from the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Mexico et al. would be super dope.

And even better would be that updates wouldn’t effect the tactics being used when playing the game(!)

Big fan of the Easter Egg idea! I want Nigel De Jong karate kicks, long range lobs, rabonas and rainbow flicks - all of this could be mediated by attributes and happen very rarely to keep things interesting!

Set pieces are an obvious one. Fans of Pulis are currently not being catered to, and this sort of discrimination has to stop.

I want to be able to train traits but in particular want more ability to 'modernise' my centre backs, making them dribble out or even overlap, Sheffield United style. On a related note, I'd like more positional interchanges, perhaps implemented with the Half Back role and an inside forward who swaps positions with a mezzala. (And as for other positional roles - Inverted Wing Backs in the Full Back slot, Carrilero/Mezzala, Complete Wing Backs or Attacking Wing Backs in the Wing Back slot.)

With regard to more leagues, I'd like to see more European leagues fleshed out before expanding further afield - Switzerland, Austria, Greece and Ukraine would be obvious additions. Japan might also be interesting given that there are other Asian Champions League leagues already in the game.

I'd also like a few more tactical instructions, such as counter pressing without turning on pressing.

17 minutes ago, Towny said:

Set pieces are an obvious one. Fans of Pulis are currently not being catered to, and this sort of discrimination has to stop.

my friend was ranting to me about this on FIFA, saying that they were "teaching" you that long ball is wrong and that short passing is the way to do it. think it happens to a lesser extent on FMM, but i could see his point and it's definitely there, and not ideal...

Some fantastic ideas put forward and hopefully they’ll be useful to the developers.

For set pieces I’m in full agreement with @smoggy90 that I’d just like some more control over them. Simple system where you can select who is taking either direct or indirect free kicks. You could then choose which players you want forward or back. For corners simply whether you want a player attacking near post, ball from deep, standing on keeper etc. You could then select where you want the taker to try and place the ball whether it be to near post, far post or six yard box as examples. 

I know the EME is based on the match engine from the full fat game of around 10-15 years ago and we had control over set pieces on those games. One problem was that I remember there were issues and weaknesses with the system where you could funnily enough exploit the near post and I’m not sure they were ever totally ironed out so that might be why the developers aren’t keen on adding them onto the mobile game but I’d like them if they could be implemented in a decent way.

Another thing that’s annoying me recently is that often the players who are selected in third or fourth to take set pieces don’t work. Thing is I don’t think it’s all of the time and I’m not sure what triggers it but I got so sick of seeing my centre back taking corners that I started just selecting two takers as they always work. I try to select two players that means based on my rotation there should always be one on the pitch but sometimes I mess up and  start a game and realise I haven’t got a corner taker playing so I’d like to be able to change the set piece takers during the game.

Anyway great article and I’ll be back later to give my opinion on the other subjects otherwise this post is going to be an article itself. 😂

Another idea which i would like to be implemented is the freedom to choose retired players as managers or even the managers. Who wouldn't want to play as Guardiola or Klopp or Zidane. Or perhaps you can take a current player, make them your avatar and take over the world. Wouldn't that be great??

Though i don't know whether this can be coded into the game or not.

Cracking work lads :)

Unfortunately tagging isn't working for me atm so this'll do

@Smog/Rob - I've discussed set piece options at length a few times I'm 100% in agreement with you. 

@Rob - Arrows would be awesome! I know they're somewhat implemented via mentality but give me proper options! Tactically the game is dead and where it needs a real boost, it's just too simple and limiting as it is, we had more options a decade ago ffs. 

@MrTree - I see what you're going for and I know that stuff has an audience but personally I want more improvements to com only compared to visual improvements. That's one reason why I keep pushing for detailed stats as it would give both view types so much information. P.S. A mass brawl is or was already an Easter egg. 

@Ian - Very simple and logical suggestions, I absolutely love the thought of creating our own templates for training, as I do specific role training like penalties. Obviously I feel it's important the bugs and glitches are removed while I'm in favour of anything that streamlines the experience, for example I'm so sick of setting up multiple players for the exact same training, just let me group players by role. Have your tactic screen on training, then drag and drop players into positions you'd use them and have them default to those settings, for example I'll always build a specialist squad so 9/10 I have BBM who will only ever play BBM. 

@Foxy - Solid suggestions mate, personally I'd love Brazil to return but I have to admit this new reputation system has kind of killed my interest in other big fish in small ponds type leagues as we're now capped. Greece and Ukraine are two leagues I think I'd enjoy but I always thought I'd love Turkey/Russia but they can't compete financially with Portugal and the cap makes them seriously less fun. While new leagues are important as they bring options and hundreds of new players to find at the end of the day it's just a text and colour swap, they need to focus on the tactics to really make the game new. Actual game play wise managing someone in Mexico is no different to Real Madrid or Oxford, it's just different colours 😂

23 hours ago, darlingtonvii said:

What........

23 hours ago, darlingtonvii said:

This I can get behind, SI we have spoken and we demand those dot titties! 

Seriously? Half naked dots? Like seriously? I'd be speechless if I wasn't laughing and crying inside. This community 😂 

Tactical options? Training options? Arrows? Na give me those dot titties 😂😂😂😂

Seriously though that would demand an age rating increase as we can't have kids exposed to these dots, then again think of the female fan base as we'd also need dot dongs. 

Then you'd also need hi vis dots to chase the invaders, wow this got deep. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Another thing that’s annoying me recently is that often the players who are selected in third or fourth to take set pieces don’t work. Thing is I don’t think it’s all of the time and I’m not sure what triggers it but I got so sick of seeing my centre back taking corners that I started just selecting two takers as they always work. I try to select two players that means based on my rotation there should always be one on the pitch but sometimes I mess up and  start a game and realise I haven’t got a corner taker playing so I’d like to be able to change the set piece takers during the game.

yeah i keep meaning to mention this and never bothering, but the CB's taking corners is pretty insane

@Ashezyou're right of course, and there were other topics i could've chosen (transfers!!) - i definitely support quality over gimmickry, would really rather they took a step back and got a few things right rather than messing around with "new" things. i think the mass brawl thing must be in the past, because honestly, thousands of games this year, ain't seen one :(

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

yeah i keep meaning to mention this and never bothering, but the CB's taking corners is pretty insane

@Ashezyou're right of course, and there were other topics i could've chosen (transfers!!) - i definitely support quality over gimmickry, would really rather they took a step back and got a few things right rather than messing around with "new" things. i think the mass brawl thing must be in the past, because honestly, thousands of games this year, ain't seen one :(

Granted this is a very old thread but it was in the game for years, it might not have moved to the EME though but it's hard to say as it's one of the rarest features of the game that needs specific events to happen. 

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Granted this is a very old thread but it was in the game for years, it might not have moved to the EME though but it's hard to say as it's one of the rarest features of the game that needs specific events to happen. 

cheers, but i don't mean that full-on version anyway - i just mean the regular occurrence (as mentioned) where 10-12 players will have a bit of argy-bargy and one or two will get booked. it's not even that rare in real life for a melee where a player on each side gets a red card. obviously not a biggie, but it does feel a little silly (to me) that it NEVER happens in the game...

Im sure ive discussed this with some one on here before but cm01/02 for me was my all time fave version of the game. We had arrows, we had with/without ball and player personalties and way more player stats.

These would be perfect even if we had to have a 2nd player screen to see the extra stats. Wouldnt bother me.

But extra instructions for team and individual players in paramount for me to stop the same as tactical creations.

Hi

The match engine for background games are not good. It doesn´t pick the best team. For example I play one team in september and a player that makes his first game that season scores 2 goals and get mom, then that team doesn’t use him at all until I play them again late that season, not injured any time. A team can buy a record stigning and then never playing him, not injured. 

Managers leaves to easy, for example. Benitez and Newcastle Top PL and he leaves for Fiorentina just above relegation zone. 

RM buys Handzanovjc from Inter when they already have two world class GK.

if I choose to play German league for example there’s full squad from amateur german teams in the game. But when I play against teams in CL like Feyenoord just a few real players are in the squad. So ridiculous skip those shit players and have full squad from all teams from the top league in every european country.

And most important give us a per-game editor... 

2 hours ago, pyssell said:

And most important give us a per-game editor... 

what do you mean? 🤔

understand/agree with the rest what you wrote...

Proper reserve teams and leagues are definitely needed, it’s useless the reserve teams there currently is, if you don’t get them out on loan they just rot! Being able to manage these teams aswell would be fun, and realistic, I believe it was Solskjaer’s 1st manager job for example managing the United reserves

Set pieces, for when I want to unleash my inner Mourinho, playing with forwards with great aerial strength it’s needed. Having a proper plan around these set pieces would be fun. However I think corners this year are overpowered, which isn’t a bad thing!

Off the pitch scandals/problems maybe? It’d be a laugh too. Particularly in younger players it’s common. This could give you a challenge of turning a young player’s career around

4 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

Off the pitch scandals/problems maybe? It’d be a laugh too. Particularly in younger players it’s common. This could give you a challenge of turning a young player’s career around

Stuff like that just isn't allowed around real players as SI could be opening themselves up for big trouble. I can't remember who but I remember a FM screenshot of some player (I want to say Townsend for some reason) being released or fined or something and his partner saw it and freaked out thinking it was real, imagine the drama if FM was making up fake scandals! Potentially could happen with regens but it's not something I'd really ask for. 

18 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Stuff like that just isn't allowed around real players as SI could be opening themselves up for big trouble. I can't remember who but I remember a FM screenshot of some player (I want to say Townsend for some reason) being released or fined or something and his partner saw it and freaked out thinking it was real, imagine the drama if FM was making up fake scandals! Potentially could happen with regens but it's not something I'd really ask for. 

Yeah this is true but if it does happen to regens and it happens to Messi's it might be funny

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

I think it’d just add a twist and more realism to the game. It’s common a lot of young players can be ruined by off pitch scandals/problems, it can give you a chance to turn them around, or if they’re not worth the effort, make them deadwood and sell 🙂

Back in the Championship Manager days players would have a simple message that said “has personal problems” so I guess that would be a way round doing that but not being too specific. Saying that it has been taken out the game so maybe real players would still have a problem with it.