Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Why the number of passes are less than 70-80 etc.??

un4givenn

Hello ,

I've been playing football manager for many years.  But there's something I've noticed recently.  Even if I play football focused on position and short pass, the total number of passes a player makes in a match does not exceed 60-70.  What is the reason of this? I mean in normal life for example Laporte always plays with 80-120 passes. But I have never seen a pass number like this. I make my tactic likie tiki-taka but players have 30-40 passes in per game. I don't understand this situation.(Sorry for English)

Thanks.

Edited by un4givenn
On 04/09/2019 at 13:38, un4givenn said:

Hello ,

I've been playing football manager for many years.  But there's something I've noticed recently.  Even if I play football focused on position and short pass, the total number of passes a player makes in a match does not exceed 60-70.  What is the reason of this? I mean in normal life for example Laporte always plays with 80-120 passes. But I have never seen a pass number like this. I make my tactic likie tiki-taka but players have 30-40 passes in per game. I don't understand this situation.(Sorry for English)

Thanks.

It can depend what you are doing. If you aren’t controlling possession chances are you’re not making passes.

also players of mine have completed 120+ passes at league two level so you need to do everything right

3 hours ago, AnonymousLietchensteiner said:

It can depend what you are doing. If you aren’t controlling possession chances are you’re not making passes.

also players of mine have completed 120+ passes at league two level so you need to do everything right

17 hours ago, samhardy said:

Because we don't know the answer. Not many of the details in the match stats make much sense in fairness. You get defenders making 2 tackles a game or at least when I last played it.

I know I did not give you more information. My tactic is 4-1-2-2-1 and player roles;

GK(swp)

Dr(fb) Dc(bpd) Dc(bpd) Dl(fb)

Dmc(Dlp)

Mc(Apm)  Mc(B2B)

Mr(if)                           Ml(if)

Fc(Poacher)

So my team instructions like this;

Team Mentality : Control

Width: Narrow

Tempo: Slow

Creative Freedom: Balanced 

Defensive Line: High

Closing Down: All over

Tackling: Normal

Look for Overlap

Work Into Box

Run at defence

Passing: short

Passing focus: mixed

(Enhanced Engine )

I cant understand why my players still making 35-45 passes per game. My team is Galatasaray from Turkey. And ı have really good passers. This is my big problem about tactics. So ı am waiting some advices. @samhardy @AnonymousLietchensteiner

Edited by un4givenn

It’s random, it depends really what role you’ve set your player, the tactics and the opposition. I don’t really focus on it much. Just who’s scored, assisted and winning the game 🙂