Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ian - Moise Kean 2kc and full 30 seasons - Tactic - The End

Ian

Lovely round up of a great career Ian, like you i have found IWB and BBM combo very effective.

Be interesting to see what works and what doesn't on FMM20. 

23 hours ago, Rob said:

Blimey Ian, I would never have given that away but credit to you for doing it. As I’ve said privately it’s a great tactic and one I think may well be imitated. What a great career.

Thank you Rob, I wasn’t sure whether to post it or not but then thought I might as well. I was just going to post the tactic but then thought I better go into some detail as I really feel it requires a lot in terms of player quality.

22 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Cracking guide mate, and appreciate the logic behind some of the decisions.

Doesn't need re-emphasising what a cracking thread this has been - if the awards had been a couple of weeks later (I don't think anyone could've foreseen this!), it would have been Career of the Year for sure. Looking forward to what you come up with for FMM20 👍

Thanks Mr Tree, I feel it has been the best out of my careers but yours was a worthy winner of the award for me due to the fantastic journey. These goalscoring challenges are great to play when the goals are flying in but from a viewers perspective I’m not sure they make the best to view.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks for sharing @Ian it's interesting to see your take on the formation that's brought you so much success. I'm sure many people will find this very useful.

When creating formations I spend the large majority of the time setting up midfield, so that's always what I look at first when people post/share tactics. I like the look of your BBM pairing. 👍  imo your biggest strength as it holds everything together as well as strengthens both def/att lines on either end. Also, potentially your biggest weakness as the pair may be caught out of position at times leaving your midfield exposed. But, unlike me, you seem to have solved that problem with your IWBs. I had a go at IWBs a few times but I still felt my 2-man midfield wasn't stable enough so I always reverted back to a triangle or diamond. 

Great to see that it is in fact possible to get results this way. It gives people like me hope and motivation to not lose faith in certain player roles and keep looking for answers. 

Great work! 

Cheers Bati, this tactic actually started out last year with me trying to get a decent 4231 working and the midfield was always the problem. My first idea was a DLP/BBM combo which I really wanted to work but just found there was too much of a gap between the midfielders. In the end I quite liked the CM/BBM combo as the two seemed to work well together but again I wasn’t overly keen on it as at times or with less than ideal players I just found it a bit leaky at the back. I tried the IWB’s which I think helped a bit but again it’s not perfect and feel it really requires the right kind of all round players in the middle. Eventually I went with the two BBM’s which was tested on a save in Portugal that was a good few years in and it was a lot better so I just went with that as by this stage at Juve the team were all top top class.

6 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Great tactic there @Ian 

Doesn't really need much explaination to it as it has already look logical on how it works just by looking at it

Looking foward for more 2kc from you on FMM 20

Thanks Lord Danish, much appreciated!

6 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great post Ian. This tactic is almost similar to my strikerless tactic. The only difference is instead of the striker, i have a DLP and the AP is switched to T. Other than that, it's the same as i too use IWB's and BBM's.

Cheers Kane, I think my two favourite roles on this years game have got to be the BBM and IWB.

1 hour ago, DavidVilla07 said:

It's uncanny how similar the tactic i use is to yours, albeit mine does not produce the level of goals you do. I have the same shape and the same roles except i play with two Libero's at the back, and then use Overload, Narrow, Slow & Disciplined. I use no final third instructions and passing and focus are set to mixed. The Libero's and overload approach is because i play in Portugal with a crazy strong Benfica team so feel i can take a few liberties.

Anyway, congratulations on your career, I've read it with interest and you smashed it.

Thank you very much, I have a few ideas of little changes I might try making to this tactic on the new game. I think the Libero role is probably the only current role I’ve never actually tried so that might be one thing I’ll look to try.

17 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Lovely round up of a great career Ian, like you i have found IWB and BBM combo very effective.

Be interesting to see what works and what doesn't on FMM20. 

Cheers Smoggy, it will be interesting to see how things change with the new engine. I’ve got a few ideas of stuff I want to try now that I’ve had a little break so I look forward testing those out when the game is released.