Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Roles?

SirSpankorama

So I’m pretty new to this game, read the guides, etc., but there’s never been a complete list of the best roles and positions, what tactics they are good for, attributes for them, etc.

For example, if I want an attacking mid to aggressively move forward and score should I use them as an SS? Or a Trequartista? Or alternatively should I retrain them for an AF? (My favorite role for star players). It would be really helpful to see lists of best roles with descriptions - and whether to use Dmcs or normal MCs in position not roles.

As a side note, what do you think about creative freedom? What’s the best setting for that?

Not sure anyone's gonna take the time to do all that for you. For your example, I've never managed to get Trequartista working well, but SS has been decent this year. I don't use AF much, prefer TM or Peacher.

I tried being Expressive at first but it wasn't working so my first successful career came after going Disciplined in Germany. I generally stick with that now until the team starts dominating, then I'll move up to Balanced.

That makes sense. I think my main questions are:

DM or anchor?

Defense forward any good?

AM role any good?

Libero or BPD?

These are the things I am most unclear about. I’ve read a lot of hate about CF and I suppose the disciplined logic works quite similarly.

I think what you’re asking is a little bit vague to be honest.

for example: 

29 minutes ago, SirSpankorama said:

DM or anchor?

Both roles can work. It all depends on the system you play and how one of these roles would complement the rest of the tactic. An anchor and a DM are probably the safest choice at defensive midfield position but it entirely depends on how good your defenders are. If you have poor defenders who have low positioning, pace, aerial and tackling then I’d consider using one of these two roles. The anchorman will screen the back four and play simple passes to a nearby teammate, a defensive mid does more or less the same but is prone to trying a risky pass occasionally. If your defenders have good aerial and strength stats then I’d consider using a Deep lying playmaker there. Defenders win the header- distribute the ball to the playmaker- playmaker does his thing.

39 minutes ago, SirSpankorama said:

Defense forward any good?

Not had much luck with it but feel free to experiment!

40 minutes ago, SirSpankorama said:

AM role any good?

I’ve had some success with an AM but I’d prefer to use a SS in that slot purely because he’s more aggressive. As I said earlier though, it depends entirely on the system around him

41 minutes ago, SirSpankorama said:

Libero or BPD?

Never used a Libero, but I’d imagine that for one to work you’d need a BPD next to him anyway so he can distribute the ball

Best advice I can give you though is to experiment yourself until you find something that works and then figuring out how it works, so you can make it even better :) 

I've had some great experience using Trequartista but never really know how to really use the Shadow Striker role 🙁 

I wouldn't really use the Advance Foward for star player as I prefer the Pocher or Target Man or even the Complete forward if he has a seriously balanced stats between attacking and supporting attribute

Creative freedom mainly I'll choose depending on team reports like if they said we had lots of very creative players I'll take expreasive and balanced if not but not a fan of disciplined as it'll limit your players movement

I'll prefer anchor as it is more easier to get cheap players for this one but I usually use either Ball winning Midfielder or the Deep Lying Playmaker as they are more involved in buildup plays

Defendsive foward are great when you have wingers or attacking midfielders that have good attacking attribute but your strikers are not e.g. Liverpool and Real Madrid

Attacking Midfielder role are generally a great especially for those who are new to the game

Both Ball Playing Defender and Libero are great and does wonder when combined together but I wouldn't suggest using Libero when you're still new but Ball Playing Defender are a great one

It’s not like I’m completely new, I played with a long R. Madrid save in fmm18 for a while before realizing that now was my only chance to play 19 before 20. But thanks for all the help!