Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, oliverjames18 said:

This is so desperately needed. Especially when updates come out and make some tactics redundant. 

Just have a leaderboard sorted by average rating, and the ability to rate each tactic 1-5 stars and show the number of votes for good measure

Any that are ruined by an update can then simply be removed.

Job done. 

There is something in the works that so long as people that test and use tactics from here take a couple of seconds to do will help to make it easier to see which tactics are successful or not.

Just now, Foxy said:

There is something in the works that so long as people that test and use tactics from here take a couple of seconds to do will help to make it easier to see which tactics are successful or not.

Thanks for letting us know. Looking forward to it. 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Yeah we can’t just ask the mod/admin to do everything to help our lazy self

On 05/12/2019 at 11:50, Foxy said:

Whilst that isn’t a bad idea in practical terms it would be tricky to maintain due to the number of tactics posted. Currently there is 31 tactics for FMM20 on the site and if it’s anything like last year that total will be nearly 200 by the end of the games cycle.
I’m not sure any kind of vote or leaderboard would give a true result of which is best because there are so many factors such as squad, league you play in etc meaning different tactics work better than others in different situations.

You have given me an idea though.

Correct but as mentioned by @oliverjames18 you can create a way to rate the tactics by giving stars, and can create an algorithm to auto generate and sort the tactics screen by highest rating i.e star level.

Hope this helps. 

6 minutes ago, El Sheim said:

Correct but as mentioned by @oliverjames18 you can create a way to rate the tactics by giving stars, and can create an algorithm to auto generate and sort the tactics screen by highest rating i.e star level.

Hope this helps. 

Could be but the Mods have more things to do than just testing tactics posted

3 minutes ago, El Sheim said:

Hope this helps. 

The main issue I have with a rating system is the fact that many tactics are dependant on certain types of players. I can see a few people being trigger happy and if a tactic doesn’t work for them straight away, they’ll just give it a poor rating which might discourage others from bothering to share theirs. 

I have put an idea forward to @Putzy who is very much the brains behind any kind of changes like this and I know he is working on something when he has time.

As @Ian has just said any kind of system is only going to be a guide as there are so many variables in this. 

I don’t personally test any of the tactics posted on here as I get enjoyment from creating my own based on whatever I am trying to achieve with my team. I have never intended the Tactics Index to be anything other than a place that all the tactics posted on here can be easily accessed and ultimately those looking for tactics need to use some of there own judgment based on the team/squad they have and comments in a tactics thread as to what might work for them.

8 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

The other issue is game updates have killed off many of the strong tactics each year. 

Are you talking about the last update from a few days ago? Has it killed tactics this year? I haven't updated for this very reason. 

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

Are you talking about the last update from a few days ago? Has it killed tactics this year? I haven't updated for this very reason. 

No I was just saying that in years past, each update seemed to kill off successful tactics.

Has anyone noticed that you now have formation on coaching staff including yourself?

if people have noticed this then I apologised for being late to the party 😂

A248F9C7-21F8-4F3C-8956-1E7C0E1C219C.png

4 hours ago, KyleJNichol said:

Has anyone noticed that you now have formation on coaching staff including yourself?

if people have noticed this then I apologised for being late to the party 😂

A248F9C7-21F8-4F3C-8956-1E7C0E1C219C.png

Whichever member of staff you put in charge of the reserves will play that formation so good to find someone who plays the way you do so the youngsters learn positions 

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

Whichever member of staff you put in charge of the reserves will play that formation so good to find someone who plays the way you do so the youngsters learn positions 

I didn’t know that, but I’ve not tested much on this FMM yet. However, I do appreciate this information 

1 hour ago, KyleJNichol said:

I didn’t know that, but I’ve not tested much on this FMM yet. However, I do appreciate this information 

That said, my current ass man only wants to play 442 despite liking 4231. 

37 minutes ago, v Ashlley x said:

How do you permanently unlock world class reputation as I’m world class now but want to restart With a smaller team 

You need to get the Superstar Manager achievement. World Class rep and 5 years at the club. 

Then you can start a game with it. 

Likely this has already been answered but .... why is that I constantly have to keep changing my players focus position and focus role back to what I want them to play!! I don’t know if it’s a bug or not but it’s really frustrating!! Does anyone know? 

On 10/12/2019 at 16:59, Scratch said:

Well that Mentoring went well 🤣

image.png.68c61cc3d27c5f2c17150ce458905649.png

image.png.0ecfca04c9965d904b7638c8e5af010f.png

I noticed this, went crazy with mentoring in my first saves and ended up with half of my team hating the other half... 

3 hours ago, Helio said:

I noticed this, went crazy with mentoring in my first saves and ended up with half of my team hating the other half... 

Yeah, I think the older players haven't realised that the younger guys won't polish their boots any more etc... 🤣

11 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I think the older players haven't realised that the younger guys won't polish their boots any more etc... 🤣

I'm starting to see just how dangerous mentoring can be. Half of the time the youngsters are learning the poorer attributes of their mentors even though they're meant to only be learning one specific attribute. Was it designed to be like this?

And I'm also getting quite a few players with strained relationships post-mentoring

2 hours ago, Thirsk said:

I'm starting to see just how dangerous mentoring can be. Half of the time the youngsters are learning the poorer attributes of their mentors even though they're meant to only be learning one specific attribute. Was it designed to be like this?

And I'm also getting quite a few players with strained relationships post-mentoring

Somewhere (maybe the bug list post) one of the SI Games staff said they were looking at this, so hopefully it will get tweaked / improved.

That said, I've started to come around to the idea of maybe them picking up some negative traits, to keep it balanced. If it was just a 'super power up everyone' system, then it probably distorts the game too much. It probably makes more sense as a 'transform people, but might not always be in a good way' system.

Of course it needs to make sense. Players shouldn't lose Pace just because their mentor is slow. But maybe if their mentor is Lazy some of that could rub off on them. And the strained relationship thing should be a rarity.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Somewhere (maybe the bug list post) one of the SI Games staff said they were looking at this, so hopefully it will get tweaked / improved.

That said, I've started to come around to the idea of maybe them picking up some negative traits, to keep it balanced. If it was just a 'super power up everyone' system, then it probably distorts the game too much. It probably makes more sense as a 'transform people, but might not always be in a good way' system.

Of course it needs to make sense. Players shouldn't lose Pace just because their mentor is slow. But maybe if their mentor is Lazy some of that could rub off on them. And the strained relationship thing should be a rarity.

Oh ok, that's good they're looking into it... because I think I'm starting to find it more trouble than it's worth. I was really excited for it initially but it's just not fun whenever my players lose two points of say, aerial or positioning, just to gain a point of leadership. 

Maybe it just means I've chosen poor mentors (although they're considered 'perfect' for mentoring), but the way it's currently implemented it's possible you can lose more than you gain. I don't mind the idea of losing some attributes to gain others but it has to be a bit more balanced than it currently is.

As for strained relationships, having wonderkids not get along with a fan favourites is quite problematic. Is there a way of settling their differences without having to sell someone? Unlike how poor attributes rub off through mentoring, this one does make more sense but I feel like they should also tweak this somehow. Perhaps with in-game warnings that continued mentoring could develop a strained relationship. Or including the possibility that good mentoring can result in friendship and allowing players to become each other's favoured persons.

5 hours ago, Thirsk said:

Oh ok, that's good they're looking into it... because I think I'm starting to find it more trouble than it's worth. I was really excited for it initially but it's just not fun whenever my players lose two points of say, aerial or positioning, just to gain a point of leadership. 

Maybe it just means I've chosen poor mentors (although they're considered 'perfect' for mentoring), but the way it's currently implemented it's possible you can lose more than you gain. I don't mind the idea of losing some attributes to gain others but it has to be a bit more balanced than it currently is.

As for strained relationships, having wonderkids not get along with a fan favourites is quite problematic. Is there a way of settling their differences without having to sell someone? Unlike how poor attributes rub off through mentoring, this one does make more sense but I feel like they should also tweak this somehow. Perhaps with in-game warnings that continued mentoring could develop a strained relationship. Or including the possibility that good mentoring can result in friendship and allowing players to become each other's favoured persons.

Yeah for the most part I avoid it. It might be good if you have a world class squad to teach the youngsters, but I haven't been in that position in FMM20 yet. 😄

It just doesn't make sense for a player's Aerial ability to reduce. That just wouldn't happen in real life, so they really need to tweak this. 

Unfortunately once they fall out there's no way to fix it, selling someone is pretty much the only way to solve it. 🙁

I'm at risk of losing Rashford who is my lead goal scorer 30+ goals per season and it's all down to the board he wants 350k and a 5 year deal, I dont see the issue my wage budget is 1.3mill the board won't allow it. I bought VVD, big mistake... moans more than my wife, he plays two games in a row and hes moaning because hes vexed and tired so I rest him and he starts moaning that he Hope's he gets to see more first team play. My main gripe is that the board are killing my transfers, I wanna sign someone and they're restricting my wage offers even though I clearly have the funds. 

Tried my best: uninstalled.

Back to last year's.

Found one enjoyable improvement: the list of stadia. 

Game going backwards when it comes to graphics, switching pannels, players id (no more full names? And who cares about the U21 caps? )... Keep it simple, it's FMM, not the full game.

Database has dramatically improved (compared to last year's Italy, with Atalanta unplayable...), with many more managers; would like in a near future to have a search function for them altogether. Youngsters seem overall a bit overrated. And I haven't been through long enough to see if my longstanding grief has been challenged: aging players loosing quality and retiring way too fast compared to real life. (Was amused to see those good old italian players massively retiring in 2019's edition still in the database one year later...and still rocking, one for all: Tavano)

Thank you anyway, @SIGames staff, for the hard work. For what I've understood, FMM is not on the editor's top list. Too bad for us not having enough time to focus on the full game while earning some decent money IRL, caring about woman and kids and friends and other hobbies, because yes, there is a life beyond FM. 

40 minutes ago, Sasha2 said:

Tried my best: uninstalled.

Back to last year's.

Found one enjoyable improvement: the list of stadia. 

Game going backwards when it comes to graphics, switching pannels, players id (no more full names? And who cares about the U21 caps? )... Keep it simple, it's FMM, not the full game.

Database has dramatically improved (compared to last year's Italy, with Atalanta unplayable...), with many more managers; would like in a near future to have a search function for them altogether. Youngsters seem overall a bit overrated. And I haven't been through long enough to see if my longstanding grief has been challenged: aging players loosing quality and retiring way too fast compared to real life. (Was amused to see those good old italian players massively retiring in 2019's edition still in the database one year later...and still rocking, one for all: Tavano)

Thank you anyway, @SIGames staff, for the hard work. For what I've understood, FMM is not on the editor's top list. Too bad for us not having enough time to focus on the full game while earning some decent money IRL, caring about woman and kids and friends and other hobbies, because yes, there is a life beyond FM. 

Good post, don’t blame you one bit.

I’ve had the game about 3 weeks, played it 3 times, and already feel almost certain I won’t be tapping the FMM20 icon again. Real shame for this once great game.

Biggest negative this year is selling players. Why have they made it so difficult? Starting a quick save with PSG and I'm offering my players, getting bids, but my players keep rejecting the contracts. Players like Navas, Thiago Silva, Veratti are rejecting Real Madrid and Barcelona. So f***ing frustrating!!