Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, DutchTony said:

Biggest negative this year is selling players. Why have they made it so difficult? Starting a quick save with PSG and I'm offering my players, getting bids, but my players keep rejecting the contracts. Players like Navas, Thiago Silva, Veratti are rejecting Real Madrid and Barcelona. So f***ing frustrating!!

I think it’s purely to add a bit of difficulty to the game but it totally falls on its head for me as all you get like you say is frustration.

I’m getting sick of seeing this now.

252FD4C6-E20B-4841-AE63-59424835E738.jpeg.a0cd0c0c12cafb912e87993bbf37c7b9.jpeg

You get players moaning all the time if they miss the odd game and then getting unhappy. Whilst I don’t think it makes too much difference to results, it’s annoying and repetitive. I would personally love it if all media was removed from the game. There is just no way to replicate dealing with players and the media whilst we are sat playing the game on our devices so any realism argument makes no sense at all to me.

I tend to ignore the morale/constant mood swings of players really. It is constant though, over little things like you said missing a few games. It’s like SI have built in 12 year old girl/boy type feelings in players 😂

The i thing is always annoying though. Recall having an average start to the season, I drew around 1 or 2 games and lost around 1 or 2 but still won around 3 or 4 games and Dybala had no support for me anymore, he was only signed 5 seconds ago too 😂

4 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Biggest negative this year is selling players. Why have they made it so difficult? Starting a quick save with PSG and I'm offering my players, getting bids, but my players keep rejecting the contracts. Players like Navas, Thiago Silva, Veratti are rejecting Real Madrid and Barcelona. So f***ing frustrating!!

I agree, in my every game i have started, players reject big money move whether I play as a small club or big. Loyalty increased so much?? It's sad really

10 hours ago, DutchTony said:

I offer players to other clubs without transfer listing them. Then when the bids come in, if it says they may not be interested, I transfer list them. Never had a player decide to stay. 

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

I offer players to other clubs without transfer listing them. Then when the bids come in, if it says they may not be interested, I transfer list them. Never had a player decide to stay. 

That is a very cheeky workaround, nice one!!

21 hours ago, samhardy said:

I’ve had the game about 3 weeks, played it 3 times, and already feel almost certain I won’t be tapping the FMM20 icon again. 

Thank you for sparing us your careers. 

😂 

I hate being that guy who ask a question that’s probably been answered a hundred times... what’s the deal with facepacks this year? Are we waiting for them to be made or is it not possible anymore?

13 minutes ago, Lee-Roy said:

I hate being that guy who ask a question that’s probably been answered a hundred times... what’s the deal with facepacks this year? Are we waiting for them to be made or is it not possible anymore?

Penalties 

I have  played 3 seasons in a career and scoring penalties have become nigh on impossible. 

Counting back I have converted 2 of my last 12. I thought it was due to individual players so I swapped taker but this is consistent using 4 separate players. 

2 matches have also seen two penalties saved. 

Anyone else experiencing a higher than realistic fail rate? I know this was mentioned briefly by one or two on release. I didn’t see a problem at first but the longer the save goes the worse it’s getting. 

Edited by billy2shots
24 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Penalties 

I have  played 3 seasons in a career and scoring penalties have become nigh on impossible. 

Counting back I have converted 2 of my last 12. I thought it was due to individual players so I swapped taker but this is consistent using 4 separate players. 

2 matches have also seen two penalties saved. 

Anyone else experiencing a higher than realistic fail rate? I know this was mentioned briefly by one or two on release. I didn’t see a problem at first but the longer the save goes the worse it’s getting. 

I have experienced similar.

In my H2H with @Ian the only consistent penalty taker I have had in 7 seasons is Mbappe who pretty much never misses but beyond him even pretty good strikers and midfielders have had awful conversation rates.

16 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I have experienced similar.

In my H2H with @Ian the only consistent penalty taker I have had in 7 seasons is Mbappe who pretty much never misses but beyond him even pretty good strikers and midfielders have had awful conversation rates.

Hmm pretty weird my Jonas Wind back then only missed once in 6 season

On 27/09/2019 at 01:23, Ashez said:

I 100% would have walked away from FMM years ago if it wasn't for Vibe, however in the last two years especially I've discovered Vibe isn't even enough to make me actually want to play the game. 

I'll make a Wanyama based challenge if I have to. 😉 

38 minutes ago, samhardy said:

It would have to incorporate Josh King as well.

I sometimes think you have depression lad. Merry christmas all the same.

What benefit is there to a stadium upgrade? I used to play fm on pc and there you could see how often you were filling out etc, but I can’t see that in this version anywhere. Is there any point in upgrading the stadium?

I just got an achievement called you’re the one (unsure why) and it said my next board request will be granted. My training facilities are already max as they accepted that request but now I have a definite yes to my next request I wanna know if financially it will help the club (ie my transfer budgets) long term to use this power on a stadium upgrade rather than a one off “more transfer money please”

3 hours ago, Nicromanski said:

What benefit is there to a stadium upgrade? I used to play fm on pc and there you could see how often you were filling out etc, but I can’t see that in this version anywhere. Is there any point in upgrading the stadium?

I just got an achievement called you’re the one (unsure why) and it said my next board request will be granted. My training facilities are already max as they accepted that request but now I have a definite yes to my next request I wanna know if financially it will help the club (ie my transfer budgets) long term to use this power on a stadium upgrade rather than a one off “more transfer money please”

I have noticed the wage budget increases significantly in the next season, if you upgrade the stadium. So it does help financially I suppose. 

Well I have a few questions and I hope that someone is able to help me with advice.

I have RUBEN NEVES and he is my star player with AC Milan after 3 seasons. I`m using 3 BTB midfielders and NEVES is one of them.

His natural position is DMC but he also has a light green spot at the CM position. If I want to train him as a BTB midfielder I`ll need him to be a CM. But I don`t know how to do that. For real. If I try to retrain him and press the CM position, no retraining happens (probably because he is natural as CM). If I approach him from his Position tab in his profile and again press CM, nothing happens. I know that if you LOAN a player you can`t change his position or retrain him. But NEVES is mine. I should be able to change him to CM. How do you do it?

Similar problem with CESARE ZAGARIA. He is natural AM R and he is also green as striker. He has 5 PA and 2 CA. When he was playing as AM R I trained him as Inside Forward and that was his natural role (the one with the * mark). At some point I saw that he was training for Striker (Target man). Tried to change his position to AM R. Couldn`t do it. Same as NEVES. I tried to retrain him as AM L (Inside forward). That was good for him, he gained a lot of CA, but once he was comfortable with the position he changed to Striker and dropped to 3 CA. I want him as AM R and I think that this is the only way to reach 5 CA.

And last – I have FLORENCI and ZAPACOSTA as right backs. I use them as IWB. My coach report says FLORENCI is better than ZAPACOSTA. When I auto complete my team (Action / Pick team) my assistant coach picks ZAPACOSTA. Why?

Screenshot_20200108-200139_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210725_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210741_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210808_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210854_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

5 hours ago, M00re said:

Well I have a few questions and I hope that someone is able to help me with advice.

I have RUBEN NEVES and he is my star player with AC Milan after 3 seasons. I`m using 3 BTB midfielders and NEVES is one of them.

His natural position is DMC but he also has a light green spot at the CM position. If I want to train him as a BTB midfielder I`ll need him to be a CM. But I don`t know how to do that. For real. If I try to retrain him and press the CM position, no retraining happens (probably because he is natural as CM). If I approach him from his Position tab in his profile and again press CM, nothing happens. I know that if you LOAN a player you can`t change his position or retrain him. But NEVES is mine. I should be able to change him to CM. How do you do it?

Similar problem with CESARE ZAGARIA. He is natural AM R and he is also green as striker. He has 5 PA and 2 CA. When he was playing as AM R I trained him as Inside Forward and that was his natural role (the one with the * mark). At some point I saw that he was training for Striker (Target man). Tried to change his position to AM R. Couldn`t do it. Same as NEVES. I tried to retrain him as AM L (Inside forward). That was good for him, he gained a lot of CA, but once he was comfortable with the position he changed to Striker and dropped to 3 CA. I want him as AM R and I think that this is the only way to reach 5 CA.

And last – I have FLORENCI and ZAPACOSTA as right backs. I use them as IWB. My coach report says FLORENCI is better than ZAPACOSTA. When I auto complete my team (Action / Pick team) my assistant coach picks ZAPACOSTA. Why?

Screenshot_20200108-200139_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210725_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210741_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210808_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

Screenshot_20200108-210854_FM20_Mobile[1].jpg

The retraining problem is a known issue that was introduced in the last update. SI Games are looking into it and will hopefully solve it in a future update sometime. In the meantime, we're out of luck trying to retrain people in a role they are already green for.

I wouldn't put too much trust in the stars. They are just your staff's opinion, not the real CA/PA and it jumps about all over the place depending on who else is in the team (maybe in that player's position), form, club reputation, player reputation and a fair bit of voodoo. It's better just to decide if a player is worth playing/keeping by looking at their performance and by how much they improve after each game etc.

And as for Autopicking the team - that's never been great. I wouldn't trust that unfortunately... 

One for @Foxy mainly but one I found FMM fitting so sharing it here. 

Apparently FMM isn't as random as the OME was but the stats talk and the lack of them in FMM is something that does frustrate me. Anyway enjoy 

January 4th 2023,

after a first year promotion from League one with Wimbledon, I survived the championship the second year. After the second year I improved 6th places and got the last playoff spot. I (somehow) won the PlayOffs and now I am in the PL.

Sooo, my stadium has a capacity of 15,000. That’s low... but how does my exciting new Premier League team only has an average rate of 8,000 fans per game. Can someone explain and how do I get the rate up?

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

One for @Foxy mainly but one I found FMM fitting so sharing it here. 

Apparently FMM isn't as random as the OME was but the stats talk and the lack of them in FMM is something that does frustrate me. Anyway enjoy 

Interesting.

I think a lot of people play games and will become annoyed by random events because they only remember the negative. As an example they only remember the times they were FMMed and never the times they FMMed the AI which does happen but is less likely to be noticed as most people win a game and move on but would dwell on a defeat more.

The problem comes with FMM though is that the stats we are given don’t necessarily tally up with what is actually happening and then it really can feel like you don’t have as much control over the game as you would want or think you do.

13 minutes ago, Foxy said:

think a lot of people play games and will become annoyed by random events because they only remember the negative. As an example they only remember the times they were FMMed and never the times they FMMed the AI which does happen but is less likely to be noticed as most people win a game and move on but would dwell on a defeat more.

This 100%, it's like some people used to swear you'd score more if you watched the highlights, which is utter bollocks. However as you see them they're more memorable and more involved so they feel like something compared to just text. 

14 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The problem comes with FMM though is that the stats we are given don’t necessarily tally up with what is actually happening and then it really can feel like you don’t have as much control over the game as you would want or think you do.

Exactly we aren't making informed decisions and we know basically nothing, even relating to the few things we can control like player roles, we theorize instead of know what they do. We assume a combination of a players form, fitness/percentage/moral are all calculated into a shooting chance alongside the players stats and the opposition but we have no hard numbers. The game isn't deep enough to have to plan or think ahead outside of fitness/injuries/rest as match to match we have no information. The only hard numbers you could say are the "betting odds" but even they are designed to be murky because they're odds and not your actual chances etc. 

First time buyer of the mobile version. Really enjoying the game. Quick questions:

1) is there any way to train a PPM on the game? 

2 ) in the players PPM screen, I don’t know which ones the players have for the role I’m using. Is it green or white?

cheers

11 hours ago, Bamb00zle said:

First time buyer of the mobile version. Really enjoying the game. Quick questions:

1) is there any way to train a PPM on the game? 

2 ) in the players PPM screen, I don’t know which ones the players have for the role I’m using. Is it green or white?

cheers

i was waiting for someone else to but no-one has so... what do you mean by "PPM"? :)

i think the answer for the second is green. white is neutral and red is bad.

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

i was waiting for someone else to but no-one has so... what do you mean by "PPM"? :)

i think the answer for the second is green. white is neutral and red is bad.

Player preferred move likes moves into channels etc 

so if for example my IF has in green ‘cuts inside’ he already does it or is the green/white a recommended move in game for the role?

49 minutes ago, Bamb00zle said:

Player preferred move likes moves into channels etc 

so if for example my IF has in green ‘cuts inside’ he already does it or is the green/white a recommended move in game for the role?

aha. so i don't think you can train them at all. and i think green means "he does it, and it's beneficial to the selected role". white means "he does it, and it's not especially beneficial or detrimental to the role you are looking at". does that make sense? i might be wrong, it happened before, once...