Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

On 31/01/2020 at 04:57, madnuk3 said:

I wish they would make cup draws similarly to a pc version, I hate to just read the news who I am playing against instead of watching or skipping through a cup draw.

Also is there an option to rest players for a day or two? just like on a pc version? 

Btw I totally agree for the cup draws. Maybe the complicated formats of some tournaments would make it an extra pain in the arse to animate?

Don't think there's a rest option, no :(

They surely messed something up with the engine in the new patch. 80% of games feel fmed right now, keeper cannot make a single save in months, and somehow still manages to get 7+ ratings so you can't even criticize him.

5 minutes ago, HikawaHina said:

They surely messed something up with the engine in the new patch. 80% of games feel fmed right now, keeper cannot make a single save in months, and somehow still manages to get 7+ ratings so you can't even criticize him.

Maybe your defence letting too many chances through? Keeper can’t be expected to save everything. 

46 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Maybe your defence letting too many chances through? Keeper can’t be expected to save everything. 

Well my keepers are making literally 0 saves in months like I said. Doesn't matter the quality of opposition, Hoffenheim shoots 1 they get 1, Dortmund shoots 3 they get 3, Bayern shoots 5 on target then it's 5. While the opponent keepers are still pulling the crazy saving 9 out of 10 shots performance. I've personally never seen my keeper save that high of percentage of shots in 10+ years of playing this shit, and now it's just getting worse and worse.

The funniest thing is that I resigned and simulated another season, and my previous team is almost relegated having sacked 2 more managers already. The player attributes are good and doesn't win against opposition with clearly worse players, so it's literally like the game cursed the save file.

Edited by HikawaHina

Advice if possible?

When doing a 1K challenge what is the best coach set up to have?

I would guess the following is needed at a minimum? 

1. Attacking

2. Fitness

3. Youth

I may be wrong? 

5 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Advice if possible?

1. Attacking

2. Fitness

3. Youth

I may be wrong? 

I like two attacking and two fitness with myself as general to cover everything else.

That way you cover the important technical and physical attributes for your player.

On 16/02/2020 at 06:31, kylieboi88 said:

Advice if possible?

1. Attacking

2. Fitness

3. Youth

I may be wrong? 

Last year I was using 3 Fitness coaches and 1 Attacking (with myself as Motivational), but I've dropped one of the Fitness coaches this year because their effect isn't quite as dramatic as last year. I replaced them with a Youth coach at the start, but no convincing reason to do so, just seemed to make sense.

I do think the Motivational coach is more important than most people think - I think it helps keep players happier (ie green morale), which I've found leads to better performance, and the 'working with players' boost affects Teamwork etc (not such a big deal this year now that Teamwork can be trained).

Hi guys just wondering if you can disable the first summer transfer window when starting a new game? Haven't brought fmm so late to the party but want to start with realistic teams for the first months of the season until January. Can this be done? 

13 minutes ago, Bailly3 said:

Hi guys just wondering if you can disable the first summer transfer window when starting a new game? Haven't brought fmm so late to the party but want to start with realistic teams for the first months of the season until January. Can this be done? 

Yes just untick the “budgets in first window” option in game setup and no teams will have any transfer budget at the start of the game.

4F09DC70-3ABC-4867-AC9E-37C8E38439BB.thumb.jpeg.9cf5e7518159b8846ca5c2e6d6864403.jpeg

Some ideas for next FMM:

-market values: update just a twice per season, more depending on player's abilities and less on club's reputation. 

-scouting: more time for judging abilities and not so correct results(depending on scout's badge). 

-money: more expeditures like staff salaries, scout journeys, team traveling, academy existhing... 

transfers: more offers for my players and less transfer listed great young players around the Europe. 

1 hour ago, Pista said:

What is that sign next to Man Utd? I couldn't find it anywhere else. 

Screenshot_20200301-214750.jpg

They have qualified for Europe or specifically for the Europa League as it’s silver. They must have won the league cup looking at the date. If it is gold then the team has qualified for the champions league and if it’s green they have won the league.

This screenshot shows them all at the end of the season.

8165CB5A-D6E1-4FA3-B329-D216770E7A84.thumb.png.4c8702f86be3d0f50136a40a12331cee.png

Anyone else getting fm-ed a lot recently? 

Screenshot_2020-03-01-23-47-48-64_36fa02476c2abfe5b8a999414c9ee0c5.thumb.png.3b9d527f4ea3923ede4b3c104776c38c.pngScreenshot_2020-03-01-23-51-42-66_36fa02476c2abfe5b8a999414c9ee0c5.thumb.png.85c85e715a3110d439cd368f09ebd6de.png

Two games back to back. 

There's nothing more infuriating than opening up a match report for a match you lost and seeing "no major concerns to report".

At that point, the game's just laughing at you. 

Also I was forced to play my b team for the Celtic game because my a team's condition got decimated by extra time on the motherwell game. 

Edit:Screenshot_2020-03-02-12-04-58-36_36fa02476c2abfe5b8a999414c9ee0c5.thumb.png.2f8c0a5c6f41b936deb6248c12b84476.pngScoring more goals than shots on target, just Celtic things. 

Why do I even bother? 

Edited by RPA123456

No - it happens, as it does in real football, maybe a fraction more often as the game tries to add artificial "realism", but it's generally symptomatic of the fact your strikers or goalkeeper could be better.

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

No - it happens, as it does in real football, maybe a fraction more often as the game tries to add artificial "realism", but it's generally symptomatic of the fact your strikers or goalkeeper could be better.

Yeah agreed. Or turn off shoot on sight if you have that on. Just because they’ve had a shot in target it doesn’t mean it’s a good chance. I imagine xG would be low. It happens in rl. More than you’d think. 

yeah i posted a couple of examples from my bees earlier in the season, people would be furious if it happened to them on the game (we were furious in real life!!). but the other side of the coin would be that if you got your team set up right, you'd never lose - well, that's not realistic or fun, is it?

Has anyone seen this before? It's a first for me...

maier2.gif.fe86577d668fbde212418393fd2ae369.gif

That's before the game, then after the game, obviously with him having got the update at the post game training screen. 

That's a massive massive jump, especially Agility (which was the trained attribute). The only thing I've ever seen like it was the Aerial 'bug', but I've never seen anything like it for anything else, especially not for keepers. 

I mean I'm not complaining, obviously, just a bit amazed...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

That's before the game, then after the game, obviously with him having got the update at the post game training screen. 

That's a massive massive jump, especially Agility (which was the trained attribute). The only thing I've ever seen like it was the Aerial 'bug', but I've never seen anything like it for anything else, especially not for keepers. 

If you have fitness coaches, it may be because of them.

I've had gks randomly go up 2-3 points in agility every now and then. (I don't train it up) I've always suspected it was due to my fitness coaches. 

13 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

If you have fitness coaches, it may be because of them.

I've had gks randomly go up 2-3 points in agility every now and then. (I don't train it up) I've always suspected it was due to my fitness coaches. 

Yeah, I have two Fitness coaches, but I've trained dozens of young quality keepers and most of them struggle to improve Agility (or Aerial) even a point or two. The better ones might increase it by 3 or 4 ( a point a time) over several years, but I've never had anyone get to 20 before and I've never had anything jump 6 points before!

Still as I say, I'm not complaining. Will be trying to train this more in the future, now I know this is possible. Mind you I'm not on the latest version yet, I'm on the last pre-winter update version, so not sure if it will be the same when I update (after this career).

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

How is he jumping from goalkeeper to elite goalkeeper in a blink of a second???

16 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

How is he jumping from goalkeeper to elite goalkeeper in a blink of a second???

Well, he went up 11 attribute points at once, which is ... well I've never seen it for a keeper and it's super rare for an outfield player. I guess that was enough to make him Elite? 

He was a very promising young keeper. I scout the heck out of these lads (and have a small database, only around 4000 players, so non Scots are generally pretty good anyway). So maybe he was on track to get to Elite keeper (probably a very good regen) and this was the point where it flipped over? This is a new one for me, so just guessing.

For context, I've trained somewhere close to 20 young keepers this career and none have ended up as good as him (or had a massive jump like this), so he's probably the one who is really top quality...

EDIT: I guess I'm not surprised that he became Elite after this upgrade, I'm just surprised the upgrade was so huge...

Edited by Scratch

Do you have the latest version of FMM20 or the original before all updates? I believe there was an agility bug like there was an aerial bug for target men meaning focussing training on it would give massive boost. 

18 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Do you have the latest version of FMM20 or the original before all updates? I believe there was an agility bug like there was an aerial bug for target men meaning focussing training on it would give massive boost. 

I've got the last version before the Winter update. The Aerial bug has been fixed ( a couple of updates before this one) and it's quite hard to train Aerial. I've never seen the Agility bug before (or even heard about it), but this does sound like that - but then it should have been fixed, right? So not sure what's going on.

It’s mostly an assumption in my behalf but the December update made mention of fixing aerial and agility progression so I think agility had the same bug, we just didn’t know about it...

332544BF-B96D-4E5B-88B8-F5F9A5F43289.jpeg.24f87ada6a83e7734d61710bb8fe1c3e.jpeg