Find results in...

Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

After playing FM2018 I really hoped one of the things they improved over the next two games was the AI's behaviour when buying players. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be any better. Case in point: Lyon just bought their 6th forward! And all of them are pretty damn good. A similar situation is happening at Real Madrid, who bought no less than three GKs, all very good, even world class ones, in the last three seasons, only to never ever use any one of them, because Courtois is still the undisputed number 1. And now all three GKs are up for sale. These are two situations I noticed because at some point I was looking for players on these positions but I am sure it happens elsewhere too. 

What on Earth is the working logic behind such purchases?! How can the AI look at the team (Lyon), the existing players and decide that four excellent forwards are somehow not enough and buys a fifth (Werner) and a couple of months later buys a sixth?!

Screenshot_20200321-145129.jpg

Screenshot_20200321-145142.jpg

Screenshot_20200321-145125.jpg

What are people's experience in training strikers Aerial in the latest version?

It was easy to train anyone to 20 in FMM19 and the very first version of 20, but then there was an update that made it much harder. I've been playing on the latest version BEFORE the winter update release and tried training maybe about 7 or 8 reserve strikers and only one made it to 20, with many stopping at around 14 or 15. Also the updates to Aerial were smaller and further apart (normally only +1 and not every update). 

Now, I'm on the latest version (ie I updated) and my striker had his first increment and he jumped from 10 to 14 Aerial. I am training him as TM with Aerial the target attribute, but I haven't seen that sort of jump since the very first version of FMM. Is it easier again? Or have I just lucked out with a striker who can actually be trained in this?

The only thing I'm doing differently here is that I have a mentor for this striker that is training him in 'heading'. But the 4 point jump was from an experience points level up in the training screen (after an ITN game, not me in charge). It wasn't a special boost directly from the mentor.

I'm... happy about the increment, but at the same time pretty confused about this...

Mixed results to be honest, but I'm not sure what the best method for training is. I like banging out seasons (fast play) so most training is handled by my assistant.

For me finding players and building a club is the fun part, individual training not so much. I used to search for players with the right attributes in key areas and with training all attributes improved, but that would be fine since the key attributes would already be there. Speaking of my experience with FM06 and FM07 here, 'easy' versions regarding improving players in my opinion.

Also a result of my experience with older FM's I used to play is I like to retrain players for positions but with retraining in FMM20 their attributes also rise in areas specific for their retraining role (logically?).

I'm already on the last update, seen players improve alot after I selected an attribute but also seen players stagnate. Jumps of 4 I haven't seen, but 2-3 I did. Mentoring seems to help quite a bit, but not sure if you can propose suitable partners yourself. Still discovering stuff in this version.

Edited by Dagion
26 minutes ago, Dagion said:

but not sure if you can propose suitable partners yourself. Still discovering stuff in this version.

Go to the actions menu in a players profile and there is a mentoring option which gives you a selection of players that can be used as a mentor for that player.

53 minutes ago, Scratch said:

What are people's experience in training strikers Aerial in the latest version?

It was easy to train anyone to 20 in FMM19 and the very first version of 20, but then there was an update that made it much harder. I've been playing on the latest version BEFORE the winter update release and tried training maybe about 7 or 8 reserve strikers and only one made it to 20, with many stopping at around 14 or 15. Also the updates to Aerial were smaller and further apart (normally only +1 and not every update). 

Now, I'm on the latest version (ie I updated) and my striker had his first increment and he jumped from 10 to 14 Aerial. I am training him as TM with Aerial the target attribute, but I haven't seen that sort of jump since the very first version of FMM. Is it easier again? Or have I just lucked out with a striker who can actually be trained in this?

The only thing I'm doing differently here is that I have a mentor for this striker that is training him in 'heading'. But the 4 point jump was from an experience points level up in the training screen (after an ITN game, not me in charge). It wasn't a special boost directly from the mentor.

I'm... happy about the increment, but at the same time pretty confused about this...

I have found that it has slowed and I’m wondering if aerial training only trains the specific heading attribute now and not other hidden attributes meaning huge jumps aren’t possible any more.

51 minutes ago, Dagion said:

I'm already on the last update, seen players improve alot after I selected an attribute but also seen players stagnate. Jumps of 4 I haven't seen, but 2-3 I did. Mentoring seems to help quite a bit, but not sure if you can propose suitable partners yourself. Still discovering stuff in this version.

I once had a jump of 6 for Aerial. That wasn't uncommon, but was widely held to be a bug, which I'm pretty sure they fixed in the first FMM20 update. That's why a jump of 4 in the latest version was such a surprise for me.

As Foxy said, you can select who to mentor a player. Here is that screen for my player and the chosen mentor, who as you can see should improve 'heading of the ball': 

image.thumb.png.82e2a68c4b88d61730beae5a53d726bd.png

29 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I have found that it has slowed and I’m wondering if aerial training only trains the specific heading attribute now and not other hidden attributes meaning huge jumps aren’t possible any more.

Interesting. I almost want to invalidate the career and get my app out of mothballs so I can track the changes to Heading and Jumping over the course of this training. Maybe I should do it with another player and another team as a test...

Edit: it does say 'heading' in the mentoring screen, so maybe it does just affect that half of Aerial....

Edited by Scratch
3 minutes ago, XiCoGy said:

You guys ever experience this?

about to cancle this 1kc☠️

5922D9B6-CB4E-4F6D-97D6-8F2A221A9ABB.png

Ouch! I've had players out for 11 months before, but not my 1KC striker. 😢

Actually, I did have one get a 9 month injury, but I'd accidentally cheated and therefore given up on the career. I was considering finishing it off as an unofficial 1KC, but before I got very far he got a 9 month injury and I took that as a sign...

1 hour ago, XiCoGy said:

Actually this is always what I always hope happens whenever @BatiGoal is attempting a player challenge.

The good old 11 month damaged spine is the best one though.

1 hour ago, XiCoGy said:

I’ve never suffered the 9 month or the 11 month special on any of my main boys on goalscoring challenges but I have had a few 3-4 months ones. I think I’d embrace the 11 month one now and almost be proud of it if I’m honest. Celebrate it is what I’d say and if you can get through that and still hit the 1k then how great would that be?

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

Okay, I went ahead and did a (very unscientific) test on this.

I used Arsenal and I bought Gouri to use as my young striker, as he is generally in the same ballpark as Koita when it comes to PA and his starting Aerial is 11 which is only 1 more than Koita. Closest I could get to him. Then I sold Aubameyang and Pepe to give Gouri a better chance at some game time. I set his Target role to TM and Target attribute to Aerial. Then I holidayed through to 31 Dec twice, once with a Heading mentor (Carillo who has Aerial 18) and once with no mentor.

He started off like this: 

gouri1.jpg.54752f24b8bde05851547e990bc6068a.jpg

By 31 Dec he looked like this with Carillo as his mentor:

gouri5.jpg.89f3c25408e59fc42ffe4cd0f101ac7a.jpg

And again at 31 Dec but this time without a mentor:

gouri9.jpg.8233fc1a61937b454fa85e0bfff84193.jpg

Note, in both cases he played 12 games, but he did have a higher rating (7.0) in the first test than the second (6.75). In both cases he increased the same amount of ability (CA increased by 20 points). So that's probably as close we could possible hope for in terms of things that could affect this test (playing time, different rate of development).

Of course each update can be quite random, so the difference in ability at the end of the test could simply be a result of that. However, given the size of the difference for Aerial (+5 vs +2), I'm going to be using a mentor that helps with heading from now on.

Next: Is it just Heading that's improving, or is Jumping improving too. Screenshots and information inside spoilers if you are interested, but TLDR conclusion is they are both improving.

Spoiler

Gouri starts with a CA of 118 (also note Carillo on 133):

gouri3.jpg.28fd87fab631fafa507fd3f94dd551da.jpg

He has Heading 11 and Jumping 10:

gouri2a.jpg.9ba43e514de80ca4de9964b239b80346.jpg

After the run with the mentor, his CA is now 138 (and increase of 20, which equals 4 updates), while his Heading is 14 (+3) and his Jumping is 15 (+5):

gouri7.jpg.37915fcd0bd77c9d40649d0d7cabb8d7.jpg

gouri8.jpg.58d1afb809da9833e3296e7298c422a9.jpg

After the run with no mentor, his CA is also 138, while his Heading is 13 (+2) and his Jumping is 12 (+2😞

gouri11.jpg.f3ecd1629dfecca3da7f6d5c09bbb844.jpg

gouri12.jpg.1d1ac0b52559e133ebaad4d240db867d.jpg

So there you have it. Very unscientific but at least we know that both Heading and Jumping can improve and although not guaranteed, it looks like a mentor focusing on 'heading' will help.

EDIT: I have had players in the pr winter update who didn't increase Aerial at all, so I'm interested in whether that's changed in the latest version or whether maybe it's still just some players who can increase and Koita and Gouri just happen to be in that camp. So many unknowns here...

Edited by Scratch
41 minutes ago, samhardy said:

crazy-season19-09.jpg

Thankfully NOT my striker... Still hurt though...

15 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Okay, I went ahead and did a (very unscientific) test on this.

I used Arsenal and I bought Gouri to use as my young striker, as he is generally in the same ballpark as Koita when it comes to PA and his starting Aerial is 11 which is only 1 more than Koita. Closest I could get to him. Then I sold Aubameyang and Pepe to give Gouri a better chance at some game time. I set his Target role to TM and Target attribute to Aerial. Then I holidayed through to 31 Dec twice, once with a Heading mentor (Carillo who has Aerial 18) and once with no mentor.

He started off like this: 

gouri1.jpg.54752f24b8bde05851547e990bc6068a.jpg

By 31 Dec he looked like this with Carillo as his mentor:

gouri5.jpg.89f3c25408e59fc42ffe4cd0f101ac7a.jpg

And again at 31 Dec but this time without a mentor:

gouri9.jpg.8233fc1a61937b454fa85e0bfff84193.jpg

Note, in both cases he played 12 games, but he did have a higher rating (7.0) in the first test than the second (6.75). In both cases he increased the same amount of ability (CA increased by 20 points). So that's probably as close we could possible hope for in terms of things that could affect this test (playing time, different rate of development).

Of course each update can be quite random, so the difference in ability at the end of the test could simply be a result of that. However, given the size of the difference for Aerial (+5 vs +2), I'm going to be using a mentor that helps with heading from now on.

Next: Is it just Heading that's improving, or is Jumping improving too. Screenshots and information inside spoilers if you are interested, but TLDR conclusion is they are both improving.

Reveal hidden contents

Gouri starts with a CA of 118 (also note Carillo on 133):

gouri3.jpg.28fd87fab631fafa507fd3f94dd551da.jpg

He has Heading 11 and Jumping 10:

gouri2a.jpg.9ba43e514de80ca4de9964b239b80346.jpg

After the run with the mentor, his CA is now 138 (and increase of 20, which equals 4 updates), while his Heading is 14 (+3) and his Jumping is 15 (+5):

gouri7.jpg.37915fcd0bd77c9d40649d0d7cabb8d7.jpg

gouri8.jpg.58d1afb809da9833e3296e7298c422a9.jpg

After the run with no mentor, his CA is also 138, while his Heading is 13 (+2) and his Jumping is 12 (+2😞

gouri11.jpg.f3ecd1629dfecca3da7f6d5c09bbb844.jpg

gouri12.jpg.1d1ac0b52559e133ebaad4d240db867d.jpg

So there you have it. Very unscientific but at least we know that both Heading and Jumping can improve and although not guaranteed, it looks like a mentor focusing on 'heading' will help.

EDIT: I have had players in the pr winter update who didn't increase Aerial at all, so I'm interested in whether that's changed in the latest version or whether maybe it's still just some players who can increase and Koita and Gouri just happen to be in that camp. So many unknowns here...

I had a player on a test recently improve his aerial over a very short period of time without being focus trained on it or even target man trained but mentored by Messi of all people. Messi had lower aerial than him to begin with so I found it strange to say the least. No screenshots though I’m afraid but I’m starting to think there could be a bug related to mentoring and aerial on the latest update. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Ouch! I've had players out for 11 months before, but not my 1KC striker. 😢

Actually, I did have one get a 9 month injury, but I'd accidentally cheated and therefore given up on the career. I was considering finishing it off as an unofficial 1KC, but before I got very far he got a 9 month injury and I took that as a sign...

Woops 11 months 😰,lucky its not your 1kc

53 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Actually this is always what I always hope happens whenever @BatiGoal is attempting a player challenge.

Hahaha “what I always hope”😂😂😂

you are funny @samhardy

57 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’ve never suffered the 9 month or the 11 month special on any of my main boys on goalscoring challenges but I have had a few 3-4 months ones. I think I’d embrace the 11 month one now and almost be proud of it if I’m honest. Celebrate it is what I’d say and if you can get through that and still hit the 1k then how great would that be?

I was think like that hmm,

But yours player whos had 3-4months injury hows their condition after fully fit to play?

I means like recurrent long term injury

hard to develop and so on.

’sorry for ma rip english,im new with this game and thanks for comment and reply’

9 minutes ago, XiCoGy said:

But yours player whos had 3-4months injury hows their condition after fully fit to play?

I’ve found they usually come back ok in the 3-4 months ones with maybe just a few attributes lowered which seem to then come back quickly enough. I’ve had the 11 months one on other players and their attributes did lower more significantly but they did get back to normal again, just took a little longer that’s all. Probably depends how old they are though I guess. I suppose in the case of a 1kc then his precious returns would dictate whether it would be worth continuing or not.

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

Go to the actions menu in a players profile and there is a mentoring option which gives you a selection of players that can be used as a mentor for that player.

Thanks! Still getting around the menus haha. 

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

YI’ve found they usually come back ok in the 3-4 months ones with maybe just a few attributes lowered which seem to then come back quickly enough. I’ve had the 11 months one on other players and their attributes did lower more significantly but they did get back to normal again, just took a little longer that’s all. Probably depends how old they are though I guess. I suppose in the case of a 1kc then his precious returns would dictate whether it would be worth continuing or not.

Ohh its like that,

i want to ask if i look for other wonderkids “16-18” new graduate maybe and make him my player for 1kc in this save,is that valid? Or i had make new career?

5 minutes ago, XiCoGy said:

want to ask if i look for other wonderkids “16-18” new graduate maybe and make him my player for 1kc in this save,is that valid? Or i had make new career?

It would be perfectly valid just remember that only goals scored under your management count towards a 1kc.

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

It would be perfectly valid just remember that only goals scored under your management count towards a 1kc.

Aaaa glad to know that.🤩

thanks @Foxy

Just look at that I have 5 coaches because one player which I placed in reserve team became a playing coach and right now I can't even promote him to the first team.

Screenshot_20200324-095011_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20200324-095023_FM20 Mobile.jpg

I signed sarr from watford for my lille team. But he didnt even needed a work permit? Can someone explain me how? Is that maybe cuz of his international apps?

Isn't there a load of exceptions for French transfers? Used to be former colonies (for example Algeria) or all African nations (not sure which it is) or something like that, but not sure what the exact rules are nowadays.

I’ve probably missed it already but there was a 4th option that you could discuss with a player that was really good, I haven’t seen it before in previous FMM and it looks like it has been taken off this one, from what I remember it was centred around transfers!! “ promise a player can leave if his value is met” etc anyone have any idea? 

54 minutes ago, danK7RNY said:

I’ve probably missed it already but there was a 4th option that you could discuss with a player that was really good, I haven’t seen it before in previous FMM and it looks like it has been taken off this one, from what I remember it was centred around transfers!! “ promise a player can leave if his value is met” etc anyone have any idea? 

yes, that's there, if you get a player who's itching to leave. i don't have any at the moment or i'd screenshot it for you...

7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

yes, that's there, if you get a player who's itching to leave. i don't have any at the moment or i'd screenshot it for you...

Yeah but I do, I have a player unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs and big clubs asking for a transfer for him but they aren't matching his valuation ... I've had a few but haven't seen it for a while 

I asked this before, but i have players who now play the south american  u20 championship. But on their profile you see: hoping to win his first cap? They basically mean the first team? 

789C805A-0AAF-41E7-88AE-DEC4E815660B.png

38EB8D2E-7B03-42DB-99BD-A1AE66721E84.png

Why does my scout only rate Martin Odegaard as merely "useful"?! He has gold badge and natural aptitude. Should I sack him?!

Screenshot_20200326-184741.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-184738.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-184752.jpg

18 minutes ago, Pista said:

Why does my scout only rate Martin Odegaard as merely "useful"?! He has gold badge and natural aptitude. Should I sack him?!

Screenshot_20200326-184741.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-184738.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-184752.jpg

Likely because he's a first team scout, his decision is based on how he compares to the players you already have in your 1st team and Odegaard is still pretty young so probably hasn't quite yet reached his peak