Find results in...

Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

Anyone know how I can get the condition percentage to be colour coded again? It used to be good fitness green , average orange poor red but it's now all went to shite percentages and it's not as easy to differentiate now when choosing squads Screenshot_20200809-165847.thumb.jpg.442a92fac90dc0e4483d95d863e4fc99.jpg

Sorry if this is stupid question and a easy fix 

5 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Anyone know how I can get the condition percentage to be colour coded again? It used to be good fitness green , average orange poor red but it's now all went to shite percentages and it's not as easy to differentiate now when choosing squads Screenshot_20200809-165847.thumb.jpg.442a92fac90dc0e4483d95d863e4fc99.jpg

Sorry if this is stupid question and a easy fix 

Go to 'view' and then 'tactical role' to get the colour coded indicator's.

I'm only about Two or so years late but started the Sunderland Netflix Documentary recently and even though I am a Newcastle Fan , having worked at the Stadium of Light for two years , two seasons they were both relegated , it's a very good documentary which is really insightful 

It's got me thinking , how good of a save Sunderland would be on FMM20 , highly doubt I'd ever take the challenge on myself for obvious reasons but for FMM players it's probably a good challenge , big stadium and fan base , some good players in that squad for League One Level and a big rebuild job for anyone who took it upon them to get them back to the Premier League  

Just wondered has anyone managed Sunderland on FM? If so how did they get on? 

28 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I'm only about Two or so years late but started the Sunderland Netflix Documentary recently and even though I am a Newcastle Fan , having worked at the Stadium of Light for two years , two seasons they were both relegated , it's a very good documentary which is really insightful 

It's got me thinking , how good of a save Sunderland would be on FMM20 , highly doubt I'd ever take the challenge on myself for obvious reasons but for FMM players it's probably a good challenge , big stadium and fan base , some good players in that squad for League One Level and a big rebuild job for anyone who took it upon them to get them back to the Premier League  

I'm sure @BatiGoaldid one of the in game challenges with Sunderland and made a pretty good job of it to be fair.

Side note - havnt seen Bati on here for a while, hope he's alright. 

6 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

I'm sure @BatiGoaldid one of the in game challenges with Sunderland and made a pretty good job of it to be fair.

Side note - havnt seen Bati on here for a while, hope he's alright. 

Ditto - he dropped off unfortunately. I was looking forward to taking him on in the Brentford challenge he devised.

@Ian did the Lord Bendtner challenge with the Mackems and got them quickly high in the Prem, I think...

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

Ditto - he dropped off unfortunately. I was looking forward to taking him on in the Brentford challenge he devised.

@Ian did the Lord Bendtner challenge with the Mackems and got them quickly high in the Prem, I think...

I forgot about @Ian and him managing Sunderland I remember him talking about it last week or so , still need to give it a read 

And a Brentford challenge does sound good do you have a link to his challenge? @Mr Tree

43 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Got them back in the Premiership pretty quickly them got bored fast & saved over it.

7 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

I forgot about @Ian and him managing Sunderland I remember him talking about it last week or so , still need to give it a read 

And a Brentford challenge does sound good do you have a link to his challenge? @Mr Tree

Challenge four here:

Loads of other ideas there too, of course...

Hi, 

I have couple of questions.

How to counter opponents' formations? Like what formation counters 4-3-2-1, 4-1-2-1-2, or 4-1-4-1?

What team instructions used for counter, control, attacking, defending,... etc? Can overlap be used with counter? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, obdz said:

Hi, 

I have couple of questions.

How to counter opponents' formations? Like what formation counters 4-3-2-1, 4-1-2-1-2, or 4-1-4-1?

What team instructions used for counter, control, attacking, defending,... etc? Can overlap be used with counter? 

Thanks

I have never actually watch opponents formation. No idea how it even works

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I have never actually watch opponents formation. No idea how it even works

I see them when I am given report on my next opponent. It is in the predict XI tab. 

Also during match you can press the lower left corner. 

11 minutes ago, obdz said:

I see them when I am given report on my next opponent. It is in the predict XI tab. 

Also during match you can press the lower left corner. 

Yeah I know that but it doesn’t seems to be that important 

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Compared to the full version of FM , looking at opposition tactics isn't as important on FMM as such I agree , as long as you find something that works it will often work against any tactic 80 percent of the time 

I normally just look at opposition players , if they've got fast wingers for example I will make sure I have cover on the wings and don't press as high , if they have a slow striker I could press higher or a fast striker I'd sit deeper etc

37 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Compared to the full version of FM , looking at opposition tactics isn't as important on FMM as such I agree , as long as you find something that works it will often work against any tactic 80 percent of the time 

I normally just look at opposition players , if they've got fast wingers for example I will make sure I have cover on the wings and don't press as high , if they have a slow striker I could press higher or a fast striker I'd sit deeper etc

Yeah the full FM is a must to look at the opposition probably do a Bielsa too

4 hours ago, broodje kip said:

How so? Don't you want to examine the opposition? Know their positions and roles? 

10 minutes ago, obdz said:

How so? Don't you want to examine the opposition? Know their positions and roles? 

I don’t do that. I’ll only get my tactic that is balance defensively and offensively

6 hours ago, obdz said:

You don't need to if you have a system that works.

9 hours ago, obdz said:

I'm the same as the others above - I worry about my tactics, not the other teams. They gotta worry about me, not the other way around! 🙂

The other team's tactics etc do affect the game, but not enough for me to dedicate the time to manually tweak my tactic for them. The exception would be important games (eg the Champions League final) when my team is still relatively weak. 

Instead I have two tactics: my main one, which works against most teams, and a back up that I can swap to if the main one isn't working. For eg in my 2KC I had a defensive tactic that channelled the ball to the 20 Crossing winger to send it into the 20 Aerial striker. This worked great most of the time, but against some formations (especially defensive ones), we wouldn't get many shots, so I had a more attacking backup tactic I'd use in those cases. But I generally waited until 30 mins in before swapping (if we weren't getting many shots) rather than swapping in advance. 

I used to spend a lot more time tailoring my tactics to fit the opposition and exploit weaknesses etc, but stopped for the following reasons:

• I just don't have time to do that these days and careers would take way too long
  • Once you get your squad to a certain level, it just doesn't matter, you'll win whatever tactics you use and whatever the opposition has

So yeah, I just don't pay much attention to the opposition in most of my careers.

Right now I am struggling a lot with Aston Villa,. I tweaked a lot of tactics, and used many approaches(i.e. Simple formations, or more detailed ones where I tweak roles and instructions) . None worked even when I am favorite.

I don't know what to do. Maybe I am just bad at the game. 

Screenshot_20200812_121003_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200812_121142_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200812_121235_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Trust me as I say this, villa are a tough team to manage for the first few seasons on the game. 

The squad at the start is awful, not alot of money/wages to improve it either. 
I, as a fan, have had many many many saves with villa this year, only once have i shown any sign of success, and that was like winning the prem after 3/4 seasons. 

Id say its less about your tactics, but more the players themselves. 

Yeah, as @Jsavfc said, it's most likely your squad that's the problem.

I play as Newcastle a lot and the starting squad is just not going to cut it at EPL level. There are a few players that are good, but a lot of average ones. Maybe if I was better at tactics etc, then I'd be able to work out how to win with those players, but generally the first thing I do is sell half the squad and use the money to re-invest in young stars of the future.

It's best to get them at 19-21 years of age, as any younger that that and they may reach a development peak and have to wait until their birthday to improve further. Then just play them. You will lose at first, but they will be levelling up, and at some point the losses will turn to draws, then to wins etc. At least that works really well for me.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, as @Jsavfc said, it's most likely your squad that's the problem.

I play as Newcastle a lot and the starting squad is just not going to cut it at EPL level. There are a few players that are good, but a lot of average ones. Maybe if I was better at tactics etc, then I'd be able to work out how to win with those players, but generally the first thing I do is sell half the squad and use the money to re-invest in young stars of the future.

It's best to get them at 19-21 years of age, as any younger that that and they may reach a development peak and have to wait until their birthday to improve further. Then just play them. You will lose at first, but they will be levelling up, and at some point the losses will turn to draws, then to wins etc. At least that works really well for me.

very true, although i get the players asap 16/17, you can tell by the age of 20 usually if you'll keep them or not

As they say rome wasnt built in a day

9 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

Trust me as I say this, villa are a tough team to manage for the first few seasons on the game. 

The squad at the start is awful, not alot of money/wages to improve it either. 
I, as a fan, have had many many many saves with villa this year, only once have i shown any sign of success, and that was like winning the prem after 3/4 seasons. 

Id say its less about your tactics, but more the players themselves. 

Currently, I just want to avoid relegation, and see where that gets me.

And Liverpool just asked for J. Grealish (potentially a world class player) for £42M.

They are rivals and he is my best current player, and best future player. And he's getting upset because he wants a new challenge.

What do you think? Should I sell?

Edited by obdz
3 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Don't sell if you can help it. Offer him a new contract. I've only get gotten him up to around a 60/70mil value though and couldn't afford his wages. 

Okay thanks.

Hi, 

How much would you sell this player for? Bournemouth FC offered me £9M. I rejected them. I think that at least £20M should be offered. 

Screenshot_20200814_155407_com.sega.soccer-01.jpeg

8 minutes ago, obdz said:

Hi, 

How much would you sell this player for? Bournemouth FC offered me £9M. I rejected them. I think that at least £20M should be offered. 

Screenshot_20200814_155407_com.sega.soccer-01.jpeg

I wouldn't sell untill you have a ready made replacement. 
Try and keep McGinn, Grealish, Luiz & Mings - build a team round them 4 if possible for at least the first 2/3 seasons untill your ready to move forwards. 

If you had to sell McGinn, id say wait untill season 2 - should be able to get £20-25m at the point. 

Hi guys I’ve been thinking doing a longer career and post it, any challenges you’ve enjoyed? I would be really happy long term as it would keep me entertained as things start getting back to normal.

14 minutes ago, RichDave32 said:

Hi guys I’ve been thinking doing a longer career and post it, any challenges you’ve enjoyed? I would be really happy long term as it would keep me entertained as things start getting back to normal.

Well, there's loads - check the Challenge Index. You could go for goalscoring challenges like 1kc, Double Trouble or Triple Threat, or the Impossible Challenge where you have to win every trophy in a country, or I've done the "Goal a Mile" challenge the last two years, that can be epic :)