Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Random_Bloke said:

I suppose this is common problem. Save after save reserve teams results are dire. No matter how good reserve team is or how many first team players you demote to play they are being trashed easily by inferior greyed-out reserve teams. Is this something that does not have any solution, or anyone figured out how to make them play properly? Hopefully SI will offer more hands-on controlling for reserve in FMM2021

Doesn't really bother me. My players still improve by getting games for the reserves. The bigger problem is when your reserve Manager starts picking greyed out players over real ones.

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

Doesn't really bother me. My players still improve by getting games for the reserves. The bigger problem is when your reserve Manager starts picking greyed out players over real ones.

Agreed. That said, my Liverpool reserves are doing great! But that's the first time - all other saves I've done, the reserves have definitely under-performed in terms of results.

5 hours ago, russy said:

do the reserves always play 442??i tried changing assistant which likes another formation but didnt change

It changes after the next game they play, provided you hire a coach that plays a different formation. Always has done for me anyway.

5 hours ago, RichDave32 said:

Anyone else get bored now if it’s not one of the challenges? 🤔

Sure, it's pretty much the point of this site to be honest - it adds another dimension to a game that would be pretty basic otherwise :)

I would love for FMM21 to have an option when offered a job, to be able to accept but at the end of a season/tournament if international.

It's happened a number of times now where I'll be managing and up pops a job offer at the most ridiculous times. Just for a couple of examples;

1) Managing Nigeria and had just won a World Cup Semi Final when up pops a job offer. I mean like anybody would give up a World Cup final to move jobs.

2) On a current Leeds save in my 4th season, and top of the Premiership with 4 games left and the title not yet won when in comes a job offer from Juventus.

An option to take a new job after those events would be very handy and a little more realistic I feel. Don't get me wrong I know Managers leave to take new jobs at all sorts of times, but you rarely see it happen right before a World Cup final or 4 games before the end of a title battle.

[EDIT]

One game to go in the Leeds save I mentioned, and this pops up;

sTO9uZa.png

This game really does have weird timing when it comes to job offers.

Edited by Schwantz34
52 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I would love for FMM21 to have an option when offered a job, to be able to accept but at the end of a season/tournament if international.

It's happened a number of times now where I'll be managing and up pops a job offer at the most ridiculous times. Just for a couple of examples;

1) Managing Nigeria and had just won a World Cup Semi Final when up pops a job offer. I mean like anybody would give up a World Cup final to move jobs.

2) On a current Leeds save in my 4th season, and top of the Premiership with 4 games left and the title not yet won when in comes a job offer from Juventus.

An option to take a new job after those events would be very handy and a little more realistic I feel. Don't get me wrong I know Managers leave to take new jobs at all sorts of times, but you rarely see it happen right before a World Cup final or 4 games before the end of a title battle.

[EDIT]

One game to go in the Leeds save I mentioned, and this pops up;

sTO9uZa.png

This game really does have weird timing when it comes to job offers.

What I'd really like is for the old (maybe CM/FM) transfer "delay for 1 week option" to come back and to apply not only to transfers but to job offers as well. I'd be quite happy if there was some sort of risk to it - if you ask to delay and sometimes the player/club decides not to proceed with the transfer or the job offer is withdrawn, that would be fine. 

21 minutes ago, Scratch said:

What I'd really like is for the old (maybe CM/FM) transfer "delay for 1 week option" to come back and to apply not only to transfers but to job offers as well. I'd be quite happy if there was some sort of risk to it - if you ask to delay and sometimes the player/club decides not to proceed with the transfer or the job offer is withdrawn, that would be fine. 

Yeah something like that or as I said an option to take over at the end of the season, or both would be even better. Maybe have the options for job offers displayed as;

Accept

Request to join at the end of the current season

Delay decision for a week

Reject

Now that would be a fantastic function. Very simple but a huge difference to the gameplay experience.

1 minute ago, Schwantz34 said:

Yeah something like that or as I said an option to take over at the end of the season, or both would be even better. Maybe have the options for job offers displayed as;

Accept

Request to join at the end of the current season

Delay decision for a week

Reject

Now that would be a fantastic function. Very simple but a huge difference to the gameplay experience.

Yes, I really like that! Makes it more realistic, gives you a choice, adds to game play (should I take it now or risk losing it if I say end of the season) and shouldn't be too hard to do.

19 hours ago, russy said:

Is it me or are there alot of wonderkids in the future years of this game

Before fmm20 I played fm15, and I remember back then that a lot of regens had high attributes. 

I don't know about fm16-19 though.

Also, this is my first game in fmm20 and I haven't seen A LOT of wonderkid regens yet. The number of new wonderkids is nearly that of real life. 

So I have a question- I have this academy wonderkid that is almost 18 and is giving me really high hopes, he doesn't want to extend his contract despite me winning the league in 3 consecutive years and winning the champions leqgue 2 times in a row. I can afford him, but he has no interest in playing for me. His morale is very good and he is playing minutes and banging goals. Is there a trick or something?

Screenshot_20200907-185735_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-185740_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20200907-185757_FM20 Mobile.jpg

1 hour ago, Nikolaosrokos said:

So I have a question- I have this academy wonderkid that is almost 18 and is giving me really high hopes, he doesn't want to extend his contract despite me winning the league in 3 consecutive years and winning the champions leqgue 2 times in a row. I can afford him, but he has no interest in playing for me. His morale is very good and he is playing minutes and banging goals. Is there a trick or something?

Can you show us his personal or contact screen? It says he's expecting to leave... I wonder if his loan deal had a buyout? Or there is a bug sometimes where the system thinks there is a buyout... But you can cancel it (when you confirm the transfer), so no worries. Hopefully that's it. And once that is resolved, you should be able to sort his contract out.

Just now, Ashez said:

The internet is in meltdown as FIFA have upgraded Firmino......Could FMM21 be the year Bobby gets an actual stat spread?!?! 

No. Sadly.

I suppose we should start hearing things any day/week now. The window needs to be shut before it's released to have updated squads so I'd say we're looking at November at the earliest, more likely late November if any delays occured due to Covid unless it is a bare bones update. 

On 07/09/2020 at 11:59, Nikolaosrokos said:

Maybe cause he has only played 13 games for your first team ? Seems Burnley played him a ton on loan too might want find 1st team minutes guaranteed? Is there a player playing his spot now that’s better ?

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I suppose we should start hearing things any day/week now. The window needs to be shut before it's released to have updated squads so I'd say we're looking at November at the earliest, more likely late November if any delays occured due to Covid unless it is a bare bones update. 

Just itching for 21 news. Saw stuff about FIFA and PES just doing update not new game. Have you heard if there definitely going to have FMM21 ? I’m ok with it being delayed just wanna know 100% gonna be one . 

On 07/09/2020 at 23:59, Nikolaosrokos said:

Burnley in a year played more than you give him appearance in 3 years

2 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Just itching for 21 news. Saw stuff about FIFA and PES just doing update not new game. Have you heard if there definitely going to have FMM21 ? I’m ok with it being delayed just wanna know 100% gonna be one . 

Not seen anything but I can't see a release not happening, even if it is just essentially a transfer update. I suppose they could maybe release features throughout the year? I dunno.

3 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

I thought the "buying a countryman to reduce homesickness" was not in the mobile game, but apparently it is! First time I've seen this (though I gave up trying it a few years back).

johncharles-tt-season04-22.jpg.af4715df75e6a1a8082940f4bbb07f33.jpg

Am I the only one who didn't know about this?