Find results in...

Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

Does anyone have B team members skills increase? I am Nov 15th and none of them had any increase in stats.

I am not sure I see the point in having B teams with actual games if the kids in do not make any progress ...

59 minutes ago, chouchou said:

Does anyone have B team members skills increase? I am Nov 15th and none of them had any increase in stats.

I am not sure I see the point in having B teams with actual games if the kids in do not make any progress ...

Not really checked as I run a separate "B team" squad as part of my main squad and play them for cup games, lower stages of Euros and non important league games. But I'll be starting my second season so will take a scrap book of someone and see how it alters over the year

1 hour ago, chouchou said:

So many factors that couldve caused that. The players' ability, your training facility, the type of coaches in your staff and I'm guessing the squad size as well - gametime. My Reserve team players have developed well, so it does work for me. 

28 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

So many factors that couldve caused that. The players' ability, your training facility, the type of coaches in your staff and I'm guessing the squad size as well - gametime. My Reserve team players have developed well, so it does work for me. 

I wish the match report for the reserves showed the post match training report so you could see what effect the game had...

12 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I wish the match report for the reserves showed the post match training report so you could see what effect the game had...

Maybe for a future update. Just like the new training thingie. They want to bring it slowly so to speak. 

But with this new Reserve team stuff I think it helps keeping a relative small squad to ensure minutes on the pitch. And loan out the rest of them. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks for answer, this gives me hope. I have excellent facilities and even players playing most do not get better. I will just wait longer!

3 hours ago, chouchou said:

B teams play in lower leagues so player development is the same as if your playing that league. Reserves are different in England as they play reserve league not lower division football so player development the same as other fmm game but now you see the games. 

5 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Anyone else getting a shit tonne of disallowed goals? It’s to the point where it screams bullshit difficulty spike tbh

Have notice refs have a role as in being harsh or moderate and so on, so this my reflect if goals or penaltys are given or not

Edited by Gs123
Spelling mistakes
2 hours ago, Gs123 said:

B teams play in lower leagues so player development is the same as if your playing that league. Reserves are different in England as they play reserve league not lower division football so player development the same as other fmm game but now you see the games. 

Oh I had never noticed lower leagues were generating less development; makes sense though. Thanks!

Anyone else also struggling to score goals? Even with offensive tactics I only get 1/2-0 wins. 30 and some goals in 21 matches. I'm starting to get crazy lmao

15 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Anyone else also struggling to score goals? Even with offensive tactics I only get 1/2-0 wins. 30 and some goals in 21 matches. I'm starting to get crazy lmao

I was trying out a super attacking tactic that was amazing last year. This year I get 25-30 shots per game and get 1 goal. Maybe 2 if I'm lucky. 😖

@zaangie @DutchTony

Same with my ultra offensive 5 forward tactic I tried yesterday to kinda test the waters with this new version. Didn't work at all. 1-2 gls/game whereas I used to score 4-6 regularly. It's a crazy tactic and quite imbalanced so I should be glad it failed hard. Balance seems the way to go this year. 

Not sure how you guys getting low scoring game hmm. Maybe they wanted us to use more realistic and balanced tactics I guess as I got a few 3+ goals a game in my save

Anyone know what ‘Mis’ and MisG’ mean on your team stats in a game? It’s new to the game, I thought mistakes and the other is mistakes leading to goal but I had strikers getting one of them aswell lol

27 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Anyone know what ‘Mis’ and MisG’ mean on your team stats in a game? It’s new to the game, I thought mistakes and the other is mistakes leading to goal but I had strikers getting one of them aswell lol

I think it is mistakes and mistakes leading to a goal. I’ve just looked through my current save and it seems to back that up. It’s a decent addition this for me as you can really see the players who are prone to making errors or potential weaknesses in your tactic. I often like to use wing backs and one thing I noticed last  year was that on the highlights mode you’d often see them lose the ball out wide and switching the passing focus to the centre would often cure it. Having the stat there on the screen really helps so we aren’t just guessing based on player ratings which can often be a bit skewed especially for some positions. 

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I think it is mistakes and mistakes leading to a goal. I’ve just looked through my current save and it seems to back that up. It’s a decent addition this for me as you can really see the players who are prone to making errors or potential weaknesses in your tactic. I often like to use wing backs and one thing I noticed last  year was that on the highlights mode you’d often see them lose the ball out wide and switching the passing focus to the centre would often cure it. Having the stat there on the screen really helps so we aren’t just guessing based on player ratings which can often be a bit skewed especially for some positions. 

Yeah that makes sense, was just confused when I saw Martial with one in a 6-1 win 😆

There is also a nice development which I have not seen before. I have got reports currently where Awoniyi and Brewster has been suggested by  my assistant to debut in the PL against weaker opposition. Is this new?? 

6 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

There is also a nice development which I have not seen before. I have got reports currently where Awoniyi and Brewster has been suggested by  my assistant to debut in the PL against weaker opposition. Is this new?? 

Yes it's a new feature.

1 hour ago, SophiaFM said:

Yeah that makes sense, was just confused when I saw Martial with one in a 6-1 win 😆

Just as Ian said, mistakes and mistakes leading to a goal (as shown in the Match Stats page during a match). All the new abbreviations had me lost for a good while too 😅

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Wow... haven't seen that yet but that really is cool. Have to say, I'm really liking all the minor features of the game. From the media build-up and post match reports, to visible influences on player morale, as well as quality of life changes like promote/demote for one game/until match fit. 

I feel like this year's game is not only more complete with the reserve teams and mentoring, but much more immersive.

Has anyone been able to find the match attendance on the EME? I'm probably just being stupid but I can't find it. I like playing lower leagues and I always liked seeing the match attendance tick up from an average of 830 to an average of 850 when my team does well. :)

Initial thoughts on the mentoring thing: I can see it would be great at a big club with some star players mentoring promising youngsters, but it's not so useful in my current situation (in the Championship with Forest).

My mentors are only average and the promising youngsters they are supposed to be mentoring quickly become as good as them through traditional methods (playing/training etc). When I went to the mentoring screen I was shocked to see about half of my mentoring relationships were actually lowering attributes on the younger players! 

Also, the mentors need to be better than the young player at ALL the things you want them to develop. By that I mean they need to be the right shape for how you want the youngster to turn out.

I had one young striker training Aerial and I was surprised to see it go down from 12 to 11 for no reason I could see. When I looked into it, I found it was because he was being mentored by Zach Clough who only had 6 for Aerial. When I set up the relationship, it said that Clough could help him develop Dribbling, which seemed worthwhile, but I didn't realise that he would go backwards at things Clough wasn't good at! I broke the relationship and he got upset, but he scored a goal off the bench in the next game, levelled up and had his Aerial go to 16...

So mentoring seems of pretty limited use to me right now. When these players have developed and turned into strong players and are old enough to mentor the next wave - then I might see results, but until then I will use it sparingly...

1 hour ago, Pete123 said:

Has anyone been able to find the match attendance on the EME? I'm probably just being stupid but I can't find it. I like playing lower leagues and I always liked seeing the match attendance tick up from an average of 830 to an average of 850 when my team does well. :)

It's on the match day screen, but only after the game...