Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Yeah similar with my (far superior) Samsung S7. I was considering whether to upgrade prior to the new game's release but she's still doing me proud...

You guys are really putting me to shame. I'm still holding onto my Samsung Note 4! Luckily it still runs fmm so I'm all good 😂 

12 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Anyone knows how these fan favourites were counted? I got Azpilicueta as dan favourite despite not my best player. Is it based on experience or performance? Since Wind is not a fan favourite somehow on my career

Yeah I always wondered how they selected the fan favourites. It's always a shock whenever I look at the player happiness page and find out my best player is unpopular or an outcast lol.

I'd love it if SI took this further and added some bonus seasonal funds for the number of kits your fan favourites have sold. I really loved that feature from PES' Master League.

38 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

I found this funny. 42 year old Buffon in ‘U23’ lol

1A3450C0-A547-4391-8F0D-F374A91F73C3.jpeg

Wait whattt 😂😂😂

13 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Yeah similar with my (far superior) Samsung S7. I was considering whether to upgrade prior to the new game's release but she's still doing me proud...

I have the S7 edge and it's still going strong. Sooner or later I'll update it, but I thought I might need to for FMM20 and was happy that it's very similar to FMM19, so no urgent need.

32 minutes ago, craiguz_86 said:

Anyone had this yet it clearly shows 32 games played below352092474_Screenshot_20191125-012724_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.b3e081647cfddc39b93640efcd07341c.jpg

But wait 

870204078_Screenshot_20191125-012739_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.1228aede33e92ea14e0532e717b09e03.jpg

What? Same for Sanchez

48574116_Screenshot_20191125-012800_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.b4202d6d31f3ed108b03392bb5475f98.jpg

He played 8

197229698_Screenshot_20191125-012748_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.32d742d710747f2f5caf2e95fe515161.jpg

Happened in 19 either

42 minutes ago, craiguz_86 said:

Anyone had this yet it clearly shows 32 games played below352092474_Screenshot_20191125-012724_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.b3e081647cfddc39b93640efcd07341c.jpg

But wait 

870204078_Screenshot_20191125-012739_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.1228aede33e92ea14e0532e717b09e03.jpg

What? Same for Sanchez

48574116_Screenshot_20191125-012800_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.b4202d6d31f3ed108b03392bb5475f98.jpg

He played 8

197229698_Screenshot_20191125-012748_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.32d742d710747f2f5caf2e95fe515161.jpg

That issue was there in FMM19 and never resolved.

11 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Happened in 19 either

I remember this too, but wasn't entirely sure.

On another note, this is probably a silly question but what does it mean when a player's portrait is golden? Is he a good player? Or just a fan favourite?

Because a defender of mine has 3 stars and is gold, but he's doing pretty awful lol

1 hour ago, Thirsk said:

On another note, this is probably a silly question but what does it mean when a player's portrait is golden? Is he a good player? Or just a fan favourite?

Because a defender of mine has 3 stars and is gold, but he's doing pretty awful lol

I started a new save with Newcastle and had a look. They have Lascelles, Ritchie and Dubravka with the gold portrait (and gold star in squad list).

From looking behind the scenes, I can tell you that it's not just the top 3 players by CA or by reputation (although all 3 are in the top 10 for each). Nor is it how many games they've played for the club (Dubravka has only played 50 games for the club). And it's not their standing in the Detailed > Happiness view (Richie is Influential but the other two are just normal).

I can't see any one other thing: Lascelles and Ritchie are both team players, but Dubravka's not. Lascelles and Ritchie have the highest Leadership values, while Dubravka is back in 6th. 

So I guess it is either: a) an unknown combination of those things or b) a totally separate score for fan favourite (which is probably based on a combination of those things). 

Edit: For what it's worth, the other teams have always had the 3 starred players, so I guess they have just turned this on for the current team and highlighted it a little more... They seem to be taking that approach in recent years (exposing what's happening a little more rather than inventing totally new things) and I quite like it.

Edited by Scratch

Oh, I went and looked at my Forest squad in my real save and it turns out all my gold star players are gone!

I guess that makes sense as there are very few players left from when I arrived - it's only December, but I like to rip up the teams I join. I was assuming that if you sold one, the game would work out who is next in line, but apparently not. I guess it may recalculate things at the end of the year when it picks the fans team of the year? 

Either way, it doesn't seem really important. We're top of the league and just beat Man Utd in the quarter final of the Carabao Cup and my youngsters are still developing.

For all that I like the new stuff (morale effect, mentoring, fan favourite players), none of it really changes anything. At the moment, I am ignoring fan favourites, mentoring and even paying less attention to morale and just following my approach from last year - clear out most of the existing players, bring in a bunch of promising youngsters and then play them. Maybe I will start to run into the "needs to mature" wall soon, but haven't had anyone hit that yet...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

So I guess it is either: a) an unknown combination of those things or b) a totally separate score for fan favourite (which is probably based on a combination of those things). 

Edit: For what it's worth, the other teams have always had the 3 starred players, so I guess they have just turned this on for the current team and highlighted it a little more... They seem to be taking that approach in recent years (exposing what's happening a little more rather than inventing totally new things) and I quite like it.

Oh you're right!! Now that you mention it, it's always been in the game - I thought it was a new thing but it's just the little stars again! Oh well... still a very neat touch (well played SI lol).

I guess it's a combination of all that and maybe their squad status too. But yeah, it's not too important. I just feel a bit silly for thinking it was a new feature 😅

I have found that leagues actually effects players growth

Jonas Wind from my career when he was playing for SL Benfica had 5* and stop growing then moved to Chelsea with same attributes nothing changed but having 3* and he started to grow again currently have 5* and better attributes

9 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Jonas Wind from my career when he was playing for SL Benfica had 5* and stop growing then moved to Chelsea with same attributes nothing changed but having 3* and he started to grow again currently have 5* and better attributes

Something to do with league coefficient?

2 hours ago, Thirsk said:

I just feel a bit silly for thinking it was a new feature

Well, it IS a new feature, even if it is built on top of an old feature! 😄

52 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Yeah I found that in previous versions too. I do most of my 1KCs at Celtic and the SPL is a much lower level than most others. Players regularly hit a development ceiling, but then I win the CL again and the level/reputation of the SPL goes up and they start developing again (in the new season). Then they hit the next ceiling and we wait until I win the CL again and the cycle continues...

So it makes sense to me that if they change from a 'lower level' league to a better one that they would start improving again (if they are hung up on the needs to play at a higher level thing). 

53 minutes ago, SirSpankorama said:

Something to do with league coefficient?

I think it is either reputation or some sort of hidden level score for the leagues. I used to think it was coefficient until I played in China and realised only the European Leagues show up in the coefficient listing! Although I guess maybe the other league could have a coefficient score that just isn't shown....

54 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Well, it IS a new feature, even if it is built on top of an old feature! 😄

True true!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Lord Danish said:

Yeah, I kind of like it but at the same time I don't... On one hand it does seem seem realistic, but on the other, it's a little annoying when you're not playing in any of the big leagues 😩

Btw, I seem to be encountering a lot of young players who are 'inconsistent' or 'tend to struggle in big matches' this year. Anyone know if these go away with age or experience? Or are they forever stuck with them? I wonder if a motivational coach could help with the big matches but not sure about consistency.

15 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

True true!! 🤣

Yeah, I kind of like it but at the same time I don't... On one hand it does seem seem realistic, but on the other, it's a little annoying when you're not playing in any of the big leagues 😩

Btw, I seem to be encountering a lot of young players who are 'inconsistent' or 'tend to struggle in big matches' this year. Anyone know if these go away with age or experience? Or are they forever stuck with them? I wonder if a motivational coach could help with the big matches but not sure about consistency.

You could remove consistency issue with mentoring program

11 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Yes but you need to ensure that the person who is mentoring is better in all aspects than his student otherwise the attributes go down.

35 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

Btw, I seem to be encountering a lot of young players who are 'inconsistent' or 'tend to struggle in big matches' this year. Anyone know if these go away with age or experience? 

LOL, I asked just that somewhere, but noone ever answered. There are a LOT more young players report that this year and I wondered if it would something they might grow out of, but haven't worked that out yet..

20 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Really? That's cool! Consistency is a hidden attribute, only gets mentioned in the coaches report if it's very low or very high. I guess if you find someone who the coach reports as very consistent you get them to mentor a youngster who is inconsistent. Or does it actually say that in the Mentoring screen (ie player X will help this player improve consistency)?

I haven't seen this myself, but am fascinated by it! 😄

16 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Yes but you need to ensure that the person who is mentoring is better in all aspects than his student otherwise the attributes go down.

Yes this is true

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Really? That's cool! Consistency is a hidden attribute, only gets mentioned in the coaches report if it's very low or very high. I guess if you find someone who the coach reports as very consistent you get them to mentor a youngster who is inconsistent. Or does it actually say that in the Mentoring screen (ie player X will help this player improve consistency)?

I haven't seen this myself, but am fascinated by it! 😄

Yep they will

2 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Yes this is true

Yep they will

Oh I can't wait to get some higher level players in my team and really try this mentoring thing out. Gonna be a little while though.. 🙁

39 minutes ago, Scratch said:

LOL, I asked just that somewhere, but noone ever answered. There are a LOT more young players report that this year and I wondered if it would something they might grow out of, but haven't worked that out yet..

Did you?? Sorry I completely missed it 😄

1 hour ago, Lord Danish said:

Nice!! Wow... idk why but my mind is getting really blown away by all these little discoveries 😄 I mean I feel so trolled today, but in a good way lol. That's really awesome.

Thanks for that! I'm off to buy all these inconsistent players now 😆 And thank you SI!

44 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Oh I can't wait to get some higher level players in my team and really try this mentoring thing out. Gonna be a little while though.. 🙁

Scratch, my friend, it's time we go hunting for some old farts on loan. This changes everythinggg 😅

"It has been announce that United Kingdom will not be leaving the European Union"

Do SI Games know something we don't? 😄

Seriously though - is that the same every time, or is it random this year?

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

"It has been announce that United Kingdom will not be leaving the European Union"

Do SI Games know something we don't? 😄

Seriously though - is that the same every time, or is it random this year?

🧐Illuminati confirmed another government and NGO conspiracy 

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

You should see this appearing less for the youth players. This was affected by a bug in FM and we put a fix for it in the latest update (11.0.4) which will work on old saves as well as new ones. 

16 minutes ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

You should see this appearing less for the youth players. This was affected by a bug in FM and we put a fix for it in the latest update (11.0.4) which will work on old saves as well as new ones. 

Thanks for the info! Updating now. 🙂

1 hour ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

Can confirm that it's fixed for me in my existing save. I only signed a couple with inconsistent and struggles in big matches and both are fixed. Also re-scouting players who reported that shows they no longer have that. Thanks a lot for the fix.

Edit: There are still some youngsters showing that, but I guess it's more normal amounts. 

Edited by Scratch