Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

"It has been announce that United Kingdom will not be leaving the European Union"

Do SI Games know something we don't? πŸ˜„

Seriously though - is that the same every time, or is it random this year?

It’s boring in the game as they never actually leave it. I want to see the difference with the transfers if they do leave it πŸ˜†

47 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

It’s boring in the game as they never actually leave it. I want to see the difference with the transfers if they do leave it πŸ˜†

Me too, makes for a different kind of challenge. But if I understand correctly there are no Brexit scenarios other than remain?

Just now, RobNemoo said:

Me too, makes for a different kind of challenge. But if I understand correctly there are no Brexit scenarios other than remain?

I've had 'leave' just as often, but never with different transfer rules. Good times. 2 years ago it was always madness when they left.

1 hour ago, SophiaFM said:

yeah not to be boring (sorry!) but one of the problems is, no-one knows - and i guess SI don't want to deal with the crap of speculating upon disaster and having people moan at them etc. plus the complication of changing transfer rules and logic mid-game.

13 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

yeah not to be boring (sorry!) but one of the problems is, no-one knows - and i guess SI don't want to deal with the crap of speculating upon disaster and having people moan at them etc. plus the complication of changing transfer rules and logic mid-game.

In the full fat FM there are multiple brexit scenarios and you should see the number of posts/complaints/arguments about it over on the official SI forum!

10 minutes ago, omen_peter said:

In the full fat FM there are multiple brexit scenarios and you should see the number of posts/complaints/arguments about it over on the official SI forum!

brilliant. probably the same people who try to win arguments by calling others "snowflake" :)

do you have a link at all? that sort of thing would raise a smile or two :)

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

I understand the complications. I just like madness, so it’d be an interesting experience πŸ™‚

Anyone noticed that finances work differently this year? In the previous games at the end of the season I would move my budget to wages and have 0 transfer funds. Then the new season starts and I would get the full transfer budget. This year it seems to be different. Basically after season 1, I had 71M left. When I got my new budget I had 163M - so the board had given me an additional 92M.

I reloaded and just before the end of season 1 i spent my 71M and had nothing left. Season 2 starts and my new budget was 135M. So basically by spending my 71M the board gave me an additional 43M on top of the 92M. If that is the way forward then it makes sense to blow what's left of your budget at the end of the season on someone who you can sell immediately the next season (if you have transfer windows turned off)

I'm rubbish at explaining things but hopefully this makes sense...Β 

55 minutes ago, Bailly3 said:

How is difficulty this year? Still as easy as previous years?

Yeah, looks it... Not tried much yet but done pretty well with what I have done...

13 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

I like madness too. Be funny if you could only sign British players if they left the EU or something

Exactly, stuff like that would make things unpredictable and thus challenging. These scenarios are in the full fat and FMT.

12 minutes ago, RobNemoo said:

Exactly, stuff like that would make things unpredictable and thus challenging. These scenarios are in the full fat and FMT.

Yes but imagine Liverpool without Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fabinho, van Dijk and Alisson

There's a fine line between challenge and BS restricting you imo, I don't want SI made up BS interrupting my save or limiting what I can do just because SI say so. I believe FMM as to be pretty free to be fun at all.Β 

Different opinions.

Would be the best if you could have a setting where you can decide if you want to randomize Brexit scenarios, or opt for only the remain scenario.Β 

Without wanting to turn this thread into a political debateΒ I would say the way Brexit is set in game is the most realistic anyway.

Think about how much tax Premier League and Championship players pay, even youngsters in U23 teams will be in the highest 45% tax category.Β No government is going to want to mess with that cash cow in any serious way plus it is unlikely there is going to be many restrictions of movement between the UK and EU under any deal.

5 minutes ago, RobNemoo said:

That's true. Still, I would embrace the challenge if some restrictions would be in place.Β 

Would it be a challenge though as all the teams in your league would be under those restrictions so it would level itself out.

More of a challenge would be to put those restrictions on yourself and then beat the other teams that aren’t working under your own restrictions.

Would be different I guess but doable, the challenge for me would be to see if you can still be a world beating competition if non other than UK players are allowed. See if you or any other team can still dominate the CL for instance.Β 

1 hour ago, RobNemoo said:

Would be different I guess but doable, the challenge for me would be to see if you can still be a world beating competition if non other than UK players are allowed. See if you or any other team can still dominate the CL for instance.Β 

Regens make that easy.Β 

58 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Regens make that easy.Β 

Except they appear to be much harder to find this year - in a test (only 5 players admittedly), none of them came back with the same positions.

Edited by Scratch
29 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Except they appear to be much harder to find this year - in a test (only 5 players admittedly), none of them came back with the same positions.

But they still stand out as God's lol