Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, Bamb00zle said:

First time buyer of the mobile version. Really enjoying the game. Quick questions:

1) is there any way to train a PPM on the game? 

2 ) in the players PPM screen, I don’t know which ones the players have for the role I’m using. Is it green or white?

cheers

In Mobile the PPMs can change based on how a players attributes change so for example if a player improves in passing and creativity they might gain the “tries killer balls” PPM.

So training certain attributes can lead a player to lose or gain different PPMs.

26 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Must. Not. Throw. Phone.

Screenshot_20200119_191106_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.33b0d58c8486830ce20dc1fe672a79fc.jpg

we lost both of these games 1-0, and if we'd won both we'd be top right now. imagine how frustrating that was, cos it happened in real life rather than just on a game :) and our boss worked out what went wrong and fixed it and we've been better since then.....

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 20.39.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 20.39.12.png

12 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

How is the January 10th update? Is the retraining issue fixed? Are there any issues still? 

Retraining seems to be fixed for me on Android. Haven't noticed any particular issues - although worth noting that (for me at least) it seems the "Train them to Aerial 20 using a montage" super power has been weakened and it's much harder to train Aerial now. That happened in the late December update however, not the Jan 10 one...

14 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Retraining seems to be fixed for me on Android. Haven't noticed any particular issues - although worth noting that (for me at least) it seems the "Train them to Aerial 20 using a montage" super power has been weakened and it's much harder to train Aerial now. That happened in the late December update however, not the Jan 10 one...

Aerial seems to be player dependant now which makes sense. Arezo hit 19 by the time he’s 21 and still growing but Faro has capped off at 14 it looks. Height and jumping having an effect which is more realistic. 

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm playing with Bayern Munich, and wondering, is there any way to organize friendlies for reserve team? Just for the youngsters to gain experience.

12 minutes ago, JasW said:

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm playing with Bayern Munich, and wondering, is there any way to organize friendlies for reserve team? Just for the youngsters to gain experience.

You can’t organise friendlies yourself, is there no reserve league in Germany?

If Bayern's reserve team play in a low league you may have to load up all German leagues for them to be included. If they play in a lower league there's nothing you can do i believe.

Hello all, I love reading all the careers here, especially the 1KCs but I must say, I have no idea how they manage to do it.

What am I missing in the ME that allows you to score so many goals with a striker?

4 minutes ago, maxeythfc said:

Hello all, I love reading all the careers here, especially the 1KCs but I must say, I have no idea how they manage to do it.

What am I missing in the ME that allows you to score so many goals with a striker?

It’s a long thread but there some real golden advice in here if you take the time to read it.

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/43966-building-a-tactic-for-a-lone-striker/

10 minutes ago, maxeythfc said:

as well as the above there are other guides too.

i'm "experienced" (ish) but not "elite" - i don't get it either! i managed a DT last year (1200 goals with two strikers) but that was starting with 16-year-olds to give myself maximum time - i've never been able to hit the big numbers that some manage on here.

20 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

as well as the above there are other guides too.

i'm "experienced" (ish) but not "elite" - i don't get it either! i managed a DT last year (1200 goals with two strikers) but that was starting with 16-year-olds to give myself maximum time - i've never been able to hit the big numbers that some manage on here.

I don't consider myself as elite either, but I'm currently doing a 2KC so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

In my first 1KC, I only just got the player over the line at age 42 or something, but each time I've done it I've gotten better (except that time the player only got 2 goals in the first season!), so there is something to be said for experience and all the little things you pick up over time. I guess there are a number of other reasons:

1. I have a tactic I've developed and tweaked over years, that only really clicked in FMM19/20. It's nothing too special and if you read the forum post @Foxy linked to above, I explain it in there (and lots of other talented players explain their quite different approaches too).

2. In FMM19/20 there is the Aerial super power. They only just made it harder to train striker to 20 Aerial in the late December update, so it is much tougher now, but before that it was easy to get almost any striker to 20 Aerial. And in both FMM19&20, if you combine a 20 Aerial striker with a good crosser, it will rain goals. From now on though, I guess we are back to the old way of strikers being more rounded.

3. The player: I do a lot of research on the player, watch how they develop in other careers, maybe try them out on a short career or a test career and definitely check them for traits etc (are they consistent, do they do well in big games, are they injury resistant, what's their personality (never use a Relaxed player!), etc, etc. These days I have access to real PA values via the app I'm developing - I don't use these in the actual career save, but I have seen the general PA range that many players get, so I have an unfair advantage here - though if you pick a player from the wonderkids list, then you are likely to score more than if you pick someone else.

4. The club: I almost always use Celtic, because it's easy for a player to score goals in the pretty weak SPL, but Celtic are big enough that they can be turned into a Champion's League winning club in 3 or 4 seasons (or even sooner) if you know what you doing. It's not all plain sailing: you can't afford the best players in the world at the start and until you win several CLs you might have trouble attracting them anyway (and keeping your star striker). But goals are much easier to come there that it's worth the risk. I'm not necessarily saying use Celtic, but think hard about which club and league you use.

5. The team: You gotta get a world class team as fast as possible, but because of my club choice, I can't buy them, so I hoover up all the wonderkids I can get my hands on and see which ones work (ie develop well, perform well in my tactic, etc). It's brutal: "yep you're doing great, you get to stay, nah you had 2 bad games, see ya!" I used to use regens a lot and still do when I can find them (much much harder in 20), but I've learnt through other careers that it doesn't matter that much -  a player with good attributes who performs well is all you need, whether they are the regen of someone famous or not. 

6. The players: Well I cover this in general in the previous point, but you need to watch how they perform and try to shape them to your tactic via training. BUT you also need to watch for players who score too much. If you have a midfielder who likes shooting from distance and gets 30 goals a season, sell them! Even if it's Pogba. Get a player who will provide 20 assists to your striker instead. You can obviously see that from the Stats screen of the Squad view and also the game stats (do they regularly have more shots than key passes?), but you probably want to watch at least a few games with Extended Highlights on so you can notice patterns of players doing the wrong thing.

7. Other stuff: there's a bunch of other stuff like getting gold staff, obviously getting the top level training facilities, expanding your stadium, keep the morale of the team right up, rotating players, yes even resting your main striker every so often, keeping them fresh, avoiding the slightly tired message, putting them on penalties and freekicks, making sure they aren't taking corners, etc etc etc.

I could probably go on, but I'm outta time and there are some good 1KC guides on here that cover it on more detail as @Mr Tree said. A final thought though: Many times a young player will not score a lot, but as they get older the goals start flowing. If you start with a 16 year, they might not really click for 7 or 8 seasons, so you gotta persist (hard if they aren't scoring much).

I wish they would make cup draws similarly to a pc version, I hate to just read the news who I am playing against instead of watching or skipping through a cup draw.

Also is there an option to rest players for a day or two? just like on a pc version? 

Edited by madnuk3
On 06/02/2020 at 19:44, Tomwalker2286 said:

Hey guys; anyone know when there will be a topic of thread for ideas for FMM 2021? Or will it be added under this subject at a later date?

Pretty sure you can just go ahead and start a discussion about it anytime mate 👍 - no strict schedule or anything

I currently manage torino but when i play against some teams i see there is never a derby for torino fc in serie a? I know juventus is not licensed so they call them zebre, but dont have torino other rivals or derbies? That is wat i want to know.

12 minutes ago, Faffie203 said:

I currently manage torino but when i play against some teams i see there is never a derby for torino fc in serie a? I know juventus is not licensed so they call them zebre, but dont have torino other rivals or derbies? That is wat i want to know.

Google is your friend 😛

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torino_F.C.

Rivalries section towards the bottom mate, but yeah looks like the Turin derby is obviously the big one. 

44 minutes ago, Faffie203 said:

👍 in my long career in Italy, i've only seen three rivalries mentioned (Siena-Fiorentina, Roma-Lazio and Roma-Napoli), although I have been mainly in the lower leagues - but maybe there just aren't too many programmed into the game?

3 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

👍 in my long career in Italy, i've only seen three rivalries mentioned (Siena-Fiorentina, Roma-Lazio and Roma-Napoli), although I have been mainly in the lower leagues - but maybe there just aren't too many programmed into the game?

Yes i saw against zebre the second game this after the match. But normally you see in pre match also how many matches they played in history. This time not? 

8D7A214C-5A4E-4CFC-9F4D-AB30496DCAC5.png

9 hours ago, Faffie203 said:

Yes i saw against zebre the second game this after the match. But normally you see in pre match also how many matches they played in history. This time not? 

8D7A214C-5A4E-4CFC-9F4D-AB30496DCAC5.png

i think there can be other messages aside from the overall history - i've definitely seen things "Lazio have had the upper hand in recent years, winning 7 of the last 8" - it's fun trying to get the game to change that, like i won 4 in a row with Roma before the game stopped mentioning that Lazio had the upper hand :D

I also see when i want to meet a players release clause. In euro i met his release, but they dont accept. They want a higher fee, but when i change amount to pond. I can meet his release clause? But in euros u need to pay a little bit more? Can someone explain. I have this with livakovic. 

8227CA2D-67D1-4D1F-857D-C45C9A120B1A.png

Edited by Faffie203
1 hour ago, Faffie203 said:

I also see when i want to meet a players release clause. In euro i met his release, but they dont accept. They want a higher fee, but when i change amount to pond. I can meet his release clause? But in euros u need to pay a little bit more? Can someone explain. I have this with livakovic. 

8227CA2D-67D1-4D1F-857D-C45C9A120B1A.png

Ahh yes, I think SI did acknowledge that it worked in pounds but was bugged in other currencies.

You're obviously very keen on the game mate - when are you going to post a career for us? :)