Chat FMM20 General Discussion

FuddledFox

Will you be buying FMM20  

414 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying FMM20

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Pista said:

Gotta love international management... It was mostly the same thing when managing Portugal. Is this some sort of bug or am I just incredibly unlucky? I'm talking about my players' morale. 

Screenshot_20200416-214820.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-214811.jpg

Yeah, it's always the same. Lots of sad players out there! 🙂 

If you get on a run in a tournament they can get a happier. 

I typically manage a club at the same time (I normally manage ITN as part of a 1KC) and I stack my club side with a lot players from my ITN nation - that way they have access to my great training staff and facilities - and I can control their morale and make sure we have a bunch of players who aren't miserable.

I can usually fix the morale issue if I win the first game. Problem is the morale really affects their performance so a win is not guaranteed even against weaker opposition. And then it's just one bad game after another...

Does anyone know if there are other teams like FC Andorra and the formerly club San Marino? As in based in one country but playing in another? I know there is Vaduz but Switzerland isn't playable.

Had a short stint with Andorra which was enjoyable but I was quite disappointed that my youngsters were Spanish. Had also kind of a bug where my facilities got maxed out after asking for an upgrade, so this was the result.

Screenshot_2020-04-17-10-33-16-705_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.02b697cdd8a5e69618958a04bfc89898.jpg

Not realistic in my eyes so I put it on hold for the moment..

1 minute ago, Paul186 said:

Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham & Newport our all Welsh teams that play in England

Thanks, totally forgot about England! Do you know if they get Welsh youngsters (or the majority) from the youth academies?

52 minutes ago, Dagion said:

Does anyone know if there are other teams like FC Andorra and the formerly club San Marino? As in based in one country but playing in another? I know there is Vaduz but Switzerland isn't playable.

Had a short stint with Andorra which was enjoyable but I was quite disappointed that my youngsters were Spanish. Had also kind of a bug where my facilities got maxed out after asking for an upgrade, so this was the result.

Screenshot_2020-04-17-10-33-16-705_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.02b697cdd8a5e69618958a04bfc89898.jpg

Not realistic in my eyes so I put it on hold for the moment..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_clubs_playing_in_the_league_of_another_country

For the first time in seven seasons I had a goal validated after checking with VAR. Every single one until now was disallowed and I had gotten used to this, so imagine my surprise...

5 hours ago, Pista said:

For the first time in seven seasons I had a goal validated after checking with VAR. Every single one until now was disallowed and I had gotten used to this, so imagine my surprise...

I had one just this afternoon too. Must be catching! 😄

I buy mbappe for 261 plus player exchange oke, i see on his profile only the transfer fee. Why not also the P EX? I can that only see at my transfers page. Not on player profile. I think this is normal?

26DAFD46-4CAA-43B8-950F-4A38E10EA8D5.png

481372F3-9058-428E-B77C-816D90B5BA3F.png

On 18/04/2020 at 13:37, Dagion said:

Excellent, thanks a lot! Quite interesting to see the former clubs also.

That is annoying been trying to get diversity in youth academy but hit same wall . Think even big 5 leagues would have some Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Belgium, Dutch etc players not just domestic . It shouldn’t be that hard to have a random country for youth prospects. Same for greyed out players you can sign . 

Would you use such a player, with very low teamwork, as an Advanced Forward? His creativity and passing are decent and may improve but, with such teamwork, he doesn't seem to type that passes to teammates... On the other hand, his skills are quite varied and seems a waste to play him as a Poacher. 

Screenshot_20200422-140721.jpg

1 hour ago, Pista said:

Would you use such a player, with very low teamwork, as an Advanced Forward? His creativity and passing are decent and may improve but, with such teamwork, he doesn't seem to type that passes to teammates... On the other hand, his skills are quite varied and seems a waste to play him as a Poacher. 

Screenshot_20200422-140721.jpg

So... Teamwork is actually made up of separate values for Unselfishness and Work Rate. Also, this player looks to be a regen of a very very good player. The nationality, footed-ness, and positions all say "Ronaldo", although he would have had to play on quite a while and come back young (ie this wouldn't be his first year back). But even if it's not, he is obviously really really good.

Which brings me to an observation with the regens of the very best players: a LOT of them come back with a Work Rate of 1 (or 2 or 3). At a guess, I'd say 60 to 70% of players with a PA over 180 have a Work Rate that low. It's so common that I'm thinking of doing some proper research into it and reporting it as a bug to SI Games (although maybe they did it on purpose). Then again, I've been meaning to do that for a couple of years now!

If this player does have a Work Rate of 1 (and there is no way of knowing until *someone* finishes his scouting app!), then his Unselfishness would be 11 or so - not great, but not terrible either. So he will probably pass to his teammates, just not track back etc or want to train intensively. 

It's worth noting that in FMM20, you can actually train Teamwork (you couldn't in the last couple of versions). I *think* it can improve both Unselfishness and Work Rate, but I haven't looked into it properly.

So for this player, he looks so promising that I'd keep him, set his target attribute to Teamwork and find him a mentor with a high teamwork rating who can "help him improve his teamwork". That said, it might be a little late for mentoring this one, as he is too good - better to do it when they are younger and before they start thinking they know better than the mentor!

Umm, that's the long answer... The shorter one is: "Sure, I often play people with low Teamwork as AF and they do fine - although they score a lot more than they make, but hey that's fine by me"

Thanks for the detailed answer!

I know about the unselfishness and work rate thing but since we can't see them like that I tend to assume low teamwork equals selfish player. Though that is probably a mistake. Now that I think back to some midfielders that I had that all had low teamwork, maybe their performances were so disappointing, despite their great potential, because their actual work rate was low, and not because they were selfish players. You can't be a selfish player and play in midfield, it wouldn't really make sense, right?

As for that player, I also suspect he is regen Ronaldo. I only discovered him recently and took advantage of a surprisingly low release clause in his contract, 29.5 millions, so he was already 19 years old when I bought him. When he returns from his loan I guess I'll play him as AF. I think we can partially judge wether a player has good or bad work rate by what the training section tells us, if he trains hard or not. There are also the "hard working" and maybe the "professional approach" qualities that we can use to judge a player's work rate. 

Screenshot_20200422-185234.jpg

10 hours ago, Pista said:

You can't be a selfish player and play in midfield, it wouldn't really make sense, right?

I agree with this mostly, though I generally take a common sense approach to this. I try to get players with high Teamwork, but I don't mind if I have a couple of players with low Teamwork, as long as they are performing. Especially if they are Messi or Ronaldo like with their abilities! But I wouldn't play too many of them. 🙂

10 hours ago, Pista said:

I think we can partially judge wether a player has good or bad work rate by what the training section tells us, if he trains hard or not. There are also the "hard working" and maybe the "professional approach" qualities that we can use to judge a player's work rate.

Yep agree with that, except for the bit about 'Professional approach' - there is a separate hidden attribute for Professionalism which is where that comes from.

Yep, I know about the Professionalism attribute. I was just thinking that you cannot be a lazy bum in training and be considered as having a "professional approach". So, maybe, on some level, a "professional" does imply at least a decent level of work rate.

Anyway, is it possible to overwork a youngster? My "regen Ronaldo" is "jaded and in need of rest" over at Aston Villa but they still play him in every single match. Should I be worried that it might stifle his development in some way or am I simply overthinking this and the game isn't actually that complex?

Just bought FMM20 after missing last year's game. Great to be back! I have been playing the switch version but to be honest not being able to add faces/logos puts me off.

Not sure who I'm going to manage yet though. Tempted to start a save in Scotland as I like the challenge of trying to dethrone Celtic.

Edited by Westside
5 hours ago, Faffie203 said:

In the 2022/23 season you play in the carabao semi final only one leg and also euro cup knockout rounds. Why?

because the 2022 World Cup is at a different time to normal, so it makes the rest of the season slightly shorter.

I want to manage india in my existing save. I have ige and created 50 Indian nationality players. I have looked some posts about changes.txt editing bit can't find it in data, obb or the documents folder. 

Pls suggest me the best way to achieve this. 

Other than winning stuff, does anyone know a way to improve the clubs stature within the footballing world? Struggling to attract top players that I need to push on despite offers being accepted/wages available. 

13 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

Other than winning stuff, does anyone know a way to improve the clubs stature within the footballing world? Struggling to attract top players that I need to push on despite offers being accepted/wages available. 

I think it's just winning stuff, although a bigger stadium may help. If you go to the General Info page for the club, what rating are they?

With Celtic, it will take a few years of winning a lot to get to 5 stars. Even then it takes a while for the best players to be convinced (the club might be great, but the league not so much), but you get there eventually.

Personally though, I find the best young players I can find and turn them into the world class players I need - because by the time I can convince world class players to join (several seasons in), my youngsters are already equal to them. In bigger leagues you can buy the best from the start, but not in Scotland.

That said, I had the same problem at Newcastle, because although the EPL is higher rated, the club isn't and it takes a few years of winning to make it to 5 stars. Not as hard as Celtic, but not a huge amount easier either.

Hi guys..it's been a while..didn't take the plunge with the new release..but if I see a sale on I might be tempted..I mean any major bugs should be squashed now?..I wasn't going to bother..but the youth team addition does look good

9 minutes ago, russy said:

Hi guys..it's been a while..didn't take the plunge with the new release..but if I see a sale on I might be tempted..I mean any major bugs should be squashed now?..I wasn't going to bother..but the youth team addition does look good

It’s quite bugged though

Still..can't they bring a version out that isn't a buggy mess lol..maybe a beta release first to sort that stuff out..ok..maybe I'll avoid it all together

I would like to share this with you all. A very last minute defeat by penalties. Look at the scorer for Liverpool. After his goal in the 120 minute, he stops 3 penalties 🙃

You often read a keeper comes forward in the last minutes, but him score a goal is new for me. 

Screenshot_20200228_180740_com.sega.soccer.jpg

1 hour ago, GianniVesparinni said:

I would like to share this with you all. A very last minute defeat by penalties. Look at the scorer for Liverpool. After his goal in the 120 minute, he stops 3 penalties 🙃

You often read a keeper comes forward in the last minutes, but him score a goal is new for me. 

Screenshot_20200228_180740_com.sega.soccer.jpg

he's broken af, saves too many penalties