Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Oz Golden Generation Reborn: 2KC Goals / 1KC Assists [S12]

Scratch

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Yeah I know he worked wonders for you, but I just never got that much out of anybody! 

Want to know a secret? When I came up with this career, I thought I could count the ITN assists! Was a bit of a blow when I found out I couldn't, but I'd already committed to 1K assists. I probably never would have done that had I known they didn't count! 😂

😲

What a great start by Henderson, it looks like he is going to score a lot of goals and Ariza seems on course for your assist target also. I always struggle to get the big assist numbers although I haven’t actually really tried to focus on them as of yet if I’m honest.

My only reasoning behind not sharing goalscoring tactics is just the idea that we are supposed to come up with our own so if we all share them then that limits people who might want to develop their own. It is late on in the games cycle now though so I’ve lessened my stance a bit and more or less gave my tactic up in that thread that you’ve linked to. I’ll link it up in my career also as it was a good discussion showing the different approaches people have.

Anyway, good luck for next season!

1 minute ago, Ian said:

What a great start by Henderson, it looks like he is going to score a lot of goals and Ariza seems on course for your assist target also. I always struggle to get the big assist numbers although I haven’t actually really tried to focus on them as of yet if I’m honest.

My only reasoning behind not sharing goalscoring tactics is just the idea that we are supposed to come up with our own so if we all share them then that limits people who might want to develop their own. It is late on in the games cycle now though so I’ve lessened my stance a bit and more or less gave my tactic up in that thread that you’ve linked to. I’ll link it up in my career also as it was a good discussion showing the different approaches people have.

Anyway, good luck for next season!

Thanks mate! Yeah, based on my Hornby 1KC (in 10 seasons) and all the other stuff, I'm actually confident on the 2K. Scotland is the best place to do it (in my mind), the opposition is so weak, but it's not hard to turn Celtic into a world class side. And I think Australian ITN games should be relatively easy (oh how I wish we were still in Oceania instead of Asia though). 

But assists... I've had a few in the 50s, but never cracked the 60 until this save. I do think I understand my tactic much better now than in the past though. I experimented and found something that worked for me and tweaked etc, but didn't really understand *why* it was working. Now it all makes more sense (actually that discussion helped a LOT) and I think I can keep more assists coming from the wingers. My main worry is I don't think I can control which winger (apart from corners etc). Playing down the right doesn't work at all for some reason. Maybe I just need to keep the left winger less good than Arzani? Who knows... 

Yeah, lots of people don't share the tactics. That's totally fine, I get the reasoning. Just when I started I didn't know that, so I just wrote up what I was trying and what worked and what failed and it helped organise my thoughts I guess. Other people, such as The Man (Mr @BatiGoal ) were posting some of their tactics in their career and I learned a lot from that too. And I learned a lot from that discussion the other day, not just by getting ideas from other people, but from comparing what they did with what I've done and actually learning more about how my own tactic works! Those sort of discussion are golden and help take us all forward.

I don't really think it's a problem if people come up with similar tactics independently. Or even if they've incorporated ideas from other people. As long as they have taken the ideas and added them into *their tactic*, not just copied it wholesale. If they have a similar tactic to someone else, they need to be able to explain how they came up with it. My tactic drifted pretty close the infamous Black Pearl tactic for a while, but I could say, it started out like this, and then I changed this bit for this reason, then changed this part because it's not working in FMM18 anymore, and this bit because of, etc... In short I could explain how I came up with it and show I'd done so independently, not just taken Prize's work. 

There is always the danger that people will take a tactic wholesale and pretend it's their own though. Not sure how to stop that apart from hide everything and not share. It's a shame it's like that! 

Spoiler

2yy9r2.jpg

22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, lots of people don't share the tactics. That's totally fine, I get the reasoning. Just when I started I didn't know that, so I just wrote up what I was trying and what worked and what failed and it helped organise my thoughts I guess.

I wanted a reference for my formations so I posted them in my careers. Later on I shared tactics on the forum but kinda got "annoyed" when half the people who tried them out couldn't get them to work or never bothered to take a couple of their seconds to apply tweaks to make them work but instantly went into THIS TACTIC DOESN’T WORK mode 😂 . Not to mention the countless lurkers who "take" tactics off the forum without thanking the posters who've spent hours creating them. Don't want to sound too negative 😏 but I rather have discussions on them like you say way more valuable for the readers in the end.

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

I wanted a reference for my formations so I posted them in my careers. Later on I shared tactics on the forum but kinda got "annoyed" when half the people who tried them out couldn't get them to work or never bothered to take a couple of their seconds to apply tweaks to make them work but instantly went into THIS TACTIC DOESN’T WORK mode 😂 . Not to mention the countless lurkers who "take" tactics off the forum without thanking the posters who've spent hours creating them. Don't want to sound too negative 😏 but I rather have discussions on them like you say way more valuable for the readers in the end.

Oh yeah, I remember the THIS TACTIC DOESN'T WORK crap you used to get... The righteous anger! The desperation! You've just talked me out of ever sharing my tactic in the Tactics section. 🤣

It does make me think that putting it in a career is a good way to go. The Googlers looking for a tactic then leaving will probably miss them. And people will have to go through the career to find them. There will be some just after a tactic, but also you'll reach a lot of genuine people and hopefully kick off discussions like the one above. 

Probably no perfect answer. I learnt so much from you though, that it's a shame if that sort of thing gets lost entirely. I never copied any of your tactics (they were too crazy for a start! 😜) but I certainly played around with adding some concepts into my own tactics. Some worked, some didn't. I hope that sort of thing continues in the future. I'll probably post my tactics every so often along with what I think's happening. 

Anyway, thanks for commenting! 

20 minutes ago, Scratch said:

It does make me think that putting it in a career is a good way to go. The Googlers looking for a tactic then leaving will probably miss them. And people will have to go through the career to find them. There will be some just after a tactic, but also you'll reach a lot of genuine people and hopefully kick off discussions like the one above. 

Agree 100%

On 10/10/2019 at 01:07, shosky said:

What a start from Henderson. 79 goals from a 16-year old lad is amazing. Great job

Thanks @shosky - sorry I missed your comment! Much appreciated.

Update - Season 5

It's the fifth season of this save, but only the second with our striker. I was excited to see what we could achieve. Would Henderson be able to beat his initial 79 club goals? Could Arzani break through the 60 assist barrier again?

Read on to find out…

Transfers

Quite a few transfers this year (though not as many as some other people around here!):

Spoiler

oz-season05-51.jpg.284ae9c48f1d9935c6aaa5c0e773b066.jpg

oz-season05-52.jpg.ccb78a1da983f089f54708bfe2a92b82.jpg

oz-season05-53.jpg.d7b434f840dda81f2ea12f52e2ac16e9.jpg

oz-season05-54.jpg.94c4d76e777dbae2812745e79d97d0e8.jpg

oz-season05-55.jpg.10b30c59fc48a4658dfa8ddfd1459fa5.jpg

We sold a few fringe players and loaned out a lot of the young Aussies, Scots and regens that I'd collected. Something will have to give soon as we have too many players and I keep buying more. The only player that hurt to lose was Tymon, who was very good, but had his head turned and became an outcast...

Coming in? Well that was the large group of regens and young Aussies I keep buying (most of the young Scots are from the youth team).

Tactics

I mentioned the discussion in this thread last time and it's continued over the last week. It's helped me understand my own tactics a lot better and fortunately it turns out they are ideal for both the 2KC and the assists 1KC.

Club Results

We won everything this year (no World Championship because of the World Cup in November/December):

oz-season05-49.jpg.8ea22fd70736629756a7040a54c85b0e.jpg

We did alright in the league, with 117 goals for and only 7 against. There was that one draw that prevented us winning every game though.

Our third Champions League victory was our most comfortable one and I expect we'll win most of them easily from here on in:

Spoiler

oz-season05-47.jpg.b32e59e454d73784f72f9b70c25983c4.jpg

ITN Results

First up, there was the World Cup.

Our team is the best Australian team since the original Golden Generation. Henderson and Arzani are next level. Lots of youngsters have had the advantage of first class coaching and facilities here at Celtic. And Michael Essien retired to Australia and his ... son ... was convinced to play for us instead of Ghana.

So we obviously shocked the world by winning the World Cup didn't we?

Spoiler

We sure shocked Germany, beating them 1-0 on the way to topping the group.

oz-season05-18.jpg.ae4f07aeb5f48efa669af457ef9ffbaa.jpg

Then we beat the Netherlands before going on to win the cup!

oz-season05-20.jpg.a842fb8d018fe2f6405d65839a3d0c20.jpg

Wait, what? Oh... Actually the Netherland knocked us right out of the competition. Damn!

Oh well, we'll be back in 4 years and we'll be even better then.

Next there was the Asian Nations Cup in February (my first attempt). The FFA expected us to win this - no pressure! And actually it was easy. We played a bunch of smaller teams before beating Japan in the semis and South Korea in the final.

Spoiler

oz-season05-34.jpg.a964cc4e8e3641104b8e60e472ad9af8.jpg

The kicker is that the Asian Nations Cup takes a whole month and your players miss all the domestic games in that time. That's fine for Henderson, he scored 15 goals. But for Arzani? Well he missed 8 domestic games that could have given him a bunch of assists and instead got 14 assists he can't count.

Spoiler

oz-season05-35.jpg.a91d8052b603a6be526b7fc68ecf143a.jpg

oz-season05-36.jpg.f81730cda06d8f6186e6f721e41268f4.jpg

Have learnt a harsh lesson for next time an international fixture clashes with a club game.

Development

Arzani got what I think was his final update this year (he's stopped earning any points):

oz-season05-59.jpg.546191413f6d912f8c9a164494359053.jpg

20s for Pace, Movement, Crossing and Dribbling? Perfect! And way better than I was expecting.

Henderson meanwhile had a couple of updates and still has at least one more to come:

oz-season05-56.jpg.53f0e68b591eb11c11cee165df4a9c3e.jpg

Creativity and Decisions up 3 points over last year. Movement, Shooting, Dribbling all up 1 point. And +1 to some useless ones like Tackling, Positioning, Crossing and Passing. I'd obviously like better Movement, Shooting and Decisions, but I think I can get him all the way, even if this is it.

Injuries

Arzani had a charmed season, only a few knocks and scrapes. Henderson unfortunately had a 2 month injury, missing the end of the domestic season and just getting back into time for the end of season ITN friendlies.

oz-season05-45.jpg.5ae9efea698a3e1b340418879e26daf0.jpg

Damn, that is some twisted ankle...

Assists

Arzani only played 48 games this year due to my miscalculation with the Asian Nations Cup (mentioned above), but his ratio improved so he still managed to get 59 assists.

oz-season05-60.jpg.bce530d4ff8956997e2be122c70c1c99.jpg

That's a great return, but I can't help ruing the lost opportunity to push up to 70 assists.

Club Goals

Henderson also played a lot less games this year due to the Asian Nations Cup and the 2 month injury, but he maintained the excellent ratio, with 61 goals from 38 games.

oz-season05-58.jpg.aadb6f28329deb3d6ac037f7a91fa154.jpg

ITN Goals

A good season at ITN level, with Henderson scoring 25 goals in 15 games (32 goals minus the 7 from last season).

oz-season05-61.jpg.66d036b551691bc38ff7c6232f52c2ca.jpg

Progress

Season Assists (Arzani) Club Goals (Henderson) ITN Goals (Henderson) Total Goals (Henderson)
01 34 N/A N/A N/A
02 60 N/A N/A N/A
03 53 N/A N/A N/A
04 62 79 7 86
05 59 61 25 86
Total 268 / 1000 140 32 172 / 2000

The Future

Arzani is still on track to maybe sneak over the line, but I will be hoping he can push through 70 assists next year.

Henderson... It felt like a great season as I was playing it, but honestly I'm disappointed he only got 86 again. Yes there was a 2 month injury and he's only young still, but I need him to pass the 100 barrier as soon as possible. Let's hope that's next year.

Edited by Scratch

Great season mate, ratio of goals is looking good so i can see some big numbers coming in the next few seasons if he stays injury free.

41 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Great season mate, ratio of goals is looking good so i can see some big numbers coming in the next few seasons if he stays injury free.

Thanks mate! Fingers crossed about the injuries... He just missed the start of the season (the first 4 games so far) with this: 

image.png.1b1b7c9646eeb854ce3274653302344f.png

Thank goodness for Jenny though!!

56 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yeah those numbers are starting to look impressive. Shame Holland beat you but gotta ask, didn't they go all the way? 😀

Shame hey? 😄

The games from the World Cup aren't in the system anymore, but I can see that Spain beat Brazil in the final. From memory I think Holland lost to Brazil in the semi, but not 100% sure about that...

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

Great going with him just being 18. Shame about the injuries though and hopefully he doesn’t end up being too injury prone later on.

Thanks mate! Not overly worried about injuries at this point, as I've had him on Intense, so only a couple of injuries isn't too bad. He's almost fully developed so I put him back to Normal now. He doesn't have any injury warnings or anything so I'm hoping that was it and nothing more sinister...

Update - Season 6

We should be strolling along smoothly by this point of the save. But what does that mean?

We have targets of 70 assists from Arzani and 100 goals from Henderson. If we meet those, then we're on track to eventually meet both goals. If we fall short... then things start getting tougher.

Transfers

Loads of transfers this year:

Spoiler

oz-season06-33.jpg.6b4aa87cbc236b80d6cd657020242aa4.jpg

oz-season06-34.jpg.49ce06142fcbdbe845eaca2c65644ba3.jpg

oz-season06-35.jpg.a7745d6d966c3cd54cb4e1bdc62e3f1b.jpg

oz-season06-36.jpg.b4487f5423339db05532c84d5c456a86.jpg

oz-season06-37.jpg.7738ce562df78f6044878a83e4b975d5.jpg

oz-season06-38.jpg.aa85ef02c606ca9d21a3f3e8a944256b.jpg

Notable transfers:

• Leaving not long after he joined was Moussima (Eto'o's regen). I forget why, but he did something wrong (was lazy or disrupted training or something), so it was the highway for him.

• Ajer and Eboue wanted a new challenge. Both were original team members who'd been very important players in our rise, but neither were first choice anymore, so I sadly let them go.

• We also sold any young Aussies who'd maxed out. We've made them as good as they can be, but they won't get a game here on merit, so it's time for them to forge their own careers (but see you on ITN duty fellas!).

Tactics

As I said last time, my tactics turned out to be ideal for both challenges. This particularly goes for the assist challenge - most of the assists are coming from the wingers and mostly from Arzani.

I made a small mistake this year by playing stronger players on the opposite flank from Arzani. They started getting more assists than he did! Makes sense I guess. Once I realised it, I decided to make sure the left winger was good, but not good enough to take too many assists away from Arzani.

For those who are interested, here are some percentages:

• The striker position scored 128 of our 190 goals, which at 67% is fairly consistent with previous seasons.

• The wingers accounted for 126 of our 170 assists, which is 74%. Of course this includes Arzani's corners, which were both numerous and not counted, but it does show the tactics prioritise wing play (despite not using the down the right instruction).

• Right wingers accounted for 102 assists, while the Left only accounted for 24. I believe this is down to dissatisfaction amongst the general populace (and the fact I consciously played left wingers who were not as good as Arzani).

• Arzani himself accounted for 56% of our assists, which down to his pure talent (making Australia great again!). Oh and the corners.

Club Results

We won everything this year (and it will probably be the same every year from now on):

oz-season06-26.jpg.6aebde9f7cf497bd9cb450f91b4c9c38.jpg

Here is the Champions League final (only 1-0 over Barcelona, but 19 shots to nil):

Spoiler

oz-season06-25.jpg.9b90fe501e867de6fc7f7397cd92d3cf.jpg

The Ukrainian Messi

In an interesting move, one of our players decided not to follow in his famous uncle's footsteps, choosing to play for Ukraine instead of Argentina.

oz-season06-03.jpg.8d62d340339ccd14bb392218138c2082.jpg

The world was shocked, but we were quietly happy as it means fewer long plane rides for Federico.

Development

Arzani has finished development (apart from a Leadership boost) and looks like this:

oz-season06-41.jpg.a4c016ea7f576daa356bd874580d3340.jpg

Henderson had two updates and still has at least one more to come (inching up now, gonna take a while):

oz-season06-39.jpg.59df21d49a147175e43b135a252c17a2.jpg

The first update saw Movement and Decisions jump by 2 and Shooting increase by 1. With the second update, I was hoping to increase Movement and Shooting, but neither budged. Decisions did increase by 1 and Pace increased as well (gotta love those Fitness coaches).

Injuries

Arzani had another injury free season. How long can this last? He doesn't have message that he's resistant to injuries, so presumably he'll get injured soon or later.

Henderson was not quite so lucky. He picked up an injury in late July, which meant he missed the first 4 or 5 games of the season. He then picked up a 10 day injury in December and missed the World Club Championship (and another couple of games).

Spoiler

oz-season06-01.jpg.814f67b907e02ec646a6fa87e90da303.jpg

oz-season06-08.jpg.78e501b165746d6275962fc2c61db0c7.jpg

Still could have been worse.

Assists

Arzani was a force of nature this year with 96 assists from 62 games:

oz-season06-42.jpg.795a5db8e54c93043410de02106c2f4e.jpg

I was hoping for 70, but he smashed passed that and almost made it to the 100 mark. Just amazing stuff that is way more than I was hoping for (to be honest I thought 60 was massive).

Club Goals

For the third season in a row Henderson failed to play 50 games. However, he really ramped things up, with form like this:

oz-season06-20.jpg.3c2ea8e9a20bb651194926a26ef3187e.jpg

He ended up scoring 102 goals from 49 games:

oz-season06-40.jpg.05aec701640827cb0a0ed794c3ca42e2.jpg

He broke both the 100 goal mark and the 2:1 ratio and he's still only 19. It's scary to think what he will do in future!

ITN Goals

Mostly friendlies and World Cup qualifying against easy teams this year, which saw Henderson scored 19 goals in 10 games. Screenshots of end of this season and last season):

Spoiler

oz-season05-61.jpg 

oz-season06-44.jpg.78558f777ae99e41d8c4ca2d91253c1d.jpg

Progress

Season Assists (Arzani) Club Goals (Henderson) ITN Goals (Henderson) Total Goals (Henderson)
01 34 N/A N/A N/A
02 60 N/A N/A N/A
03 53 N/A N/A N/A
04 62 79 7 86
05 59 61 25 86
06 96 102 19 121
Total 364 / 1000 242 51 293 / 2000

The Future

Can Arzani push on to 100 assists? I'm not sure that's possible, but honestly I'd be happy with 80. He's 25 years old now and if he could average 80 for the next 5 years, then he'd be close enough that he'd make it.

This was a great season for Henderson. If he can rinse and repeat and get another 10 years of 120 goals, he will be well on his way (500 left by age 30). That said, he's capable of more as he matures and plays a full season etc, so I'm hoping he can get more than that next year.

Edited by Scratch
15 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

96 with a small mistake?! holy mackerel. it's on!

Yeah, there was one game in particular where I play the stronger left winger and that guy got three assists and Arzani got none. That could have been 99! Or maybe not... But yeah an amazing season.

Wow mate that is an incredible season, congrats! That 96 assists is amazing!

Henderson for his age could go on and smash some huge numbers.

1 hour ago, smoggy90 said:

Wow mate that is an incredible season, congrats! That 96 assists is amazing!

Henderson for his age could go on and smash some huge numbers.

Thanks mate, I was bit worried at first with the first injury to Henderson, then another one, but he ended up doing great, while Arzani... just wow. 

I'm thinking Henderson can do that again and again and get even more, but have my doubts about Arzani repeating it. 

Incredible stuff. Really hope your formation holds up in FMM20. Think we all do with our formations. That's always a fear. 

Kiu mate! 

55 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Incredible stuff. Really hope your formation holds up in FMM20. Think we all do with our formations. That's always a fear. 

Kiu mate! 

Thanks mate. Yeah, it certainly didn't work as well last year (it was good, but is supercharged this year). So we have to wait and see how next year works out.

I'm still on the pre-winter update version, but my experiments with the latest version didn't go so well. I only scored 2 goals in the first season of a 1KC (yes 2, yes for the whole season). I think that was more down to young players being intimidated and getting tired etc than the actual tactic, but I can't be sure. If the tactic is less effective on the latest version, that doesn't bode well. But we'll sort that out next year! 

40 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Forgot to ask.. How many assists did your 2nd guy get. His role? 

The second guy (Mikey Johnston) got 15 and he was the 'main' left winger. A very good player, but not quite as good as Arzani attribute wise. He's also Scottish, so the chances of him having higher CA/PA than Arzani is relatively low.

One of my other left wingers is Bale's regen for eg and he gets too many touches (instead of Arzani getting them). I mainly use him off the bench now, or if Arzani is not available. But while Johnston does get assists, his are much fewer and farther between than Arzani's.

10 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Wow..... massive play from Arzani. Never expected that. Well done.

Thanks mate. I didn't expect it either, I kept watching his total go up and up and wondering how far it would go, but was still surprised where it got to. For most of the season he had more assists than Henderson had goals! 

During my triple threat career with it being difficult to always get the three boys on the pitch together all of the time I found that my back up strikers would come in and pinch too many goals. As the career went on I eventually decided to purposely use poor back up strikers and it definitely helped a bit so I can totally get where you’re coming from in regards to your stronger winger pinching his assists. This is another aspect other than tactics that I feel you can really use to your advantage.

Anyway, you’re totally smashing this and unless you get issues with the players happiness then it’s clear you are going to get some fantastic totals 👍

4 hours ago, Ian said:

During my triple threat career with it being difficult to always get the three boys on the pitch together all of the time I found that my back up strikers would come in and pinch too many goals. As the career went on I eventually decided to purposely use poor back up strikers and it definitely helped a bit so I can totally get where you’re coming from in regards to your stronger winger pinching his assists. This is another aspect other than tactics that I feel you can really use to your advantage.

Anyway, you’re totally smashing this and unless you get issues with the players happiness then it’s clear you are going to get some fantastic totals 👍

Thanks mate! Yeah it's a tough balance, always trying to build the strongest team so you get lots of big wins, but at the same time not too strong in certain positions. I'm a sucker for a top class player and can't help buying them, so I get real conflicted... 😄