Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Assist Challenge

Ian

The Assist Challenge

Alright lads this is a rather simple idea/challenge which is based on the goal challenges which are currently popular on Vibe.

For this challenge you'll be looking for assists not goals so its the person creating the chances who is important.

This is an interesting challenge which can be played along side the 1,000 goal challenge but unlike the 1,000 goal challenge only club assist's will count (due to international ones not being recorded in game).

Rules

• Any League.
  • Any Player.
  • Own formations only.
  • No cheats or unlockables allowed.
  • A career thread for us to follow is advised.
  • Photo evidence is needed.
  • No Myclub or created players

Leaderboard

@Scratch: Emanuel Vignato - Celtic - 1351

@Joewins: Jeremy Doku - Celtic - 506

@Rob: Harvey Elliot - PSG - 475

@Foxy: Gabriele Capanni - PSG - 463

@broodje kipAnder Barrenetxea - Porto - 384 assists

@Ian: Mohamed Ihattaren - PSG - 328

@broodje kip: Gonzalo Martinez - Ajax - 201

32 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

This one is from my Battle of The Boss

Gonzalo Martinez - 201 assist

I’ve added you onto the board, well done.

There’s some fine managers here on vibe and hopefully a few will be along soon so we can add a few more names to the board.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

I’ve added you onto the board, well done.

There’s some fine managers here on vibe and hopefully a few will be along soon so we can add a few more names to the board.

Tbh very surprised that there’s only @Scratch on the leaderboard. I saw many 1kc complete so that means there must be at least someone with 200+ assist

I’ve got Dembele and Sancho heading towards 300 in my Jude Bellingham career. I’m hoping Dembele may have a chance of 500 by the time I finish. 

On 10/05/2020 at 03:06, shosky said:

There's no touching @Scratch. 1300 assists from a single player, that's crazy

Yeah, it was a perfect storm of tactic working perfectly to force the ball to the flanks, the player being a great crosser and an Aerial monster being on the other end to nod them in. Oh, and having truly world class players in Scotland where many games are easy.

I'm sure someone can beat that if they put their mind to it. I think many people don't focus on assists, it's more of side thing, but that was a true focus of that save. A dual focus to be fair, but something that I was really trying to do (reach 1K) and had built up towards with refining my tactic in FMM19 etc.

Anyway, I'm surprised there aren't more on the leader board - I hope that more people add their scores and also that someone goes all out and really challenges that total. 

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, it was a perfect storm of tactic working perfectly to force the ball to the flanks, the player being a great crosser and an Aerial monster being on the other end to nod them in. Oh, and having truly world class players in Scotland where many games are easy.

I'm sure someone can beat that if they put their mind to it. I think many people don't focus on assists, it's more of side thing, but that was a true focus of that save. A dual focus to be fair, but something that I was really trying to do (reach 1K) and had built up towards with refining my tactic in FMM19 etc.

Anyway, I'm surprised there aren't more on the leader board - I hope that more people add their scores and also that someone goes all out and really challenges that total. 

I have trying to achieve the same thing(force the ball to the flanks) but I can't say it's working too well. I sometimes get over 33 attempted crosses but about 3 completed. That's despite having wingers with over 15 crossing attribute

1 hour ago, shosky said:

I have trying to achieve the same thing(force the ball to the flanks) but I can't say it's working too well. I sometimes get over 33 attempted crosses but about 3 completed. That's despite having wingers with over 15 crossing attribute

Hmm. I had a Winger with Crossing of 20, sending it in to an AF with an Aerial of 20 (and good Movement too), in Scotland where the opposition wasn't great, which probably helped! I posted screenshots of 3 games in the career and Vignato got:

• In a game where he got 4 assists: 26 crosses with 10 completed

• In a game where he got 2 assists: 22 crosses with 5 completed

• In a game where he got no assists: 18 crosses with 5 completed

Of course the left winger got some too, but generally only around 10 a game. So the numbers of crosses you are getting is good, just the conversion rate isn't as good - but I guess that probably comes back to the 20 Crossing player sending them to a 20 Aerial player (and the opposition you're facing too).

Not sure that helps much, but hope you work out how to improve the conversion ratio.

Edited by Scratch

Welcome to the 1k assist club @Scratch 👍

This is my best effort for this year and nowhere near my 2018 effort - poor player choice at start I think not going with an out and out winger. Like with my 1k I could have squeezed out more but I’m bored of the save!

jeremy doku - 506

CA68F054-3B90-44FB-B2FE-96F29603C429.thumb.png.bf7a58fdeff57146b71c3c19d92a5fb3.png