Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Race to 100 Challenge

Full credit for this challenge goes to @BatiGoal

- The Race to 100 Challenge - 

With his goal against Andorra back in June, Kylian Mbappé reached 100 career goals in record time at the tender age of 20yo. There are very few players in football history who reached this number of goals before they even turned 21 years old. In comparison, not even Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo had these stats at the same age, they both needed an extra year to reach the same milestone. Neymar's feat is perhaps even more incredible however, as he was 4 months younger when he slotted in his 100th before later showing off his goal-scoring skills in Europe. 

When talking about such impressive numbers, we have to go deep into professional football history to find only a handful of legends who reached this magical number before today's Football Gods. Jimmy Greaves scored his 100th career goal for Chelsea before his 21st birthday and Ronaldo scored his 100th professional goal in Holland during his first year at PSV. Pele went even a step further as he was already near the 200-goal! mark before turning 21 years old. 

Source: Ronaldo.com

Can you "out-age" (not quite the ring I was looking for but I know you're still with me) the Messi's, Ronaldo's, Mbappé's and Neymar's of today and reach 100 goals at 19, 18 or even 17 years of age? Give it your best go and I'll add your boy's name to the growing list of legends of the sport. Objective is simple. It's a race from 0 to 100. Score a lot and score QUICK!

Twist:

I'm aware that Vibe peoples love twists so here goes; we're looking for players who have no, nada - as in 0 - gls behind their names in the original database to make the Race to 100 Goals leaderboard. Reason: it would make very little sense to this challenge to score whatever gls he starts with + 100 and end up with anything but his actual 100th career goal, so 0-100 will ALL be scored under your management. This makes certain individuals like Kean, Pellegri or Håland uneligible for this challenge as there's already a handful recorded gls on their history page. But cry not, the well of talent is bottomless, there's still bucket loads of youngsters left to pick from. And for the real hardcore heroes of this community I'm also adding a Race to 100 Assists leaderboard where the exact same rules apply but for goalsassists. Any player with 0 assists on their history page at the start of the game is an eligible go, pretty much every player in the DB in that case.

Remember, he needs to hit the 100-mark before his 20th birthday! 

Rules:

• Unlockables: Yes, Badges: Yes, but NO cheats of any kind
  • Use REAL players with 0 goals in DB for Goals Leaderboard
  • Use REAL players with 0 assists in DB for Assists Leaderboard
  • Goals and/or Assists in ALL competitions count
  • Must be under 20yo to make either leaderboard 

Post your results in a career thread with the relevant screenshots, such as manager's profile page and player's history page (before + after) and exact calculated age (years + days), and I'll add your accomplishment below.

Questions? Feel free to ask. Goodluck!

100 Career Goals Leaderboard:

100 Career Assists Leaderboard:

• 19y 0m 28 days - Rayan Cherki - @Kanegan
3 hours ago, MohamedB23 said:

never heard of this challenge but Fabio Silva has already scored 20 goals for me in january at 17 so am i still part of the challenge?

Fabio Silva is eligible. And if those 20 goals were scored under your management, then you're still part of the challenge, yes. 

17 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Fabio Silva is eligible. And if those 20 goals were scored under your management, then you're still part of the challenge, yes. 

Scored 30 now😁

Was hoping for better, but his development has been stuck since he came to the club... 19 now and still "plateaued" with very little improvement. Fingers crossed it ends soon, as I'll be posting my first few seasons to kick off my first 1k challenge. 

Screenshot_20191128_224826_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20191129_104820.thumb.jpg.5fa30b74e8274ae603aeb8d7f0aeb14d.jpg

Edited by itzChris92
On 29/11/2019 at 05:50, itzChris92 said:

Was hoping for better, but his development has been stuck since he came to the club... 19 now and still "plateaued" with very little improvement. Fingers crossed it ends soon, as I'll be posting my first few seasons to kick off my first 1k challenge. 

Screenshot_20191128_224826_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20191129_104820.thumb.jpg.5fa30b74e8274ae603aeb8d7f0aeb14d.jpg

Totally missed this, apologies. Came across it accidentally as I was gunning for this when I noticed your comment. 

Great job, first one on the leaderboard. 

1. 19y 4m 22d - Sebastiano Esposito - itzChris92

Pls update the leaderboard in the OP @Foxy. Gracias! 

No problem, thanks for updating. I'm sure it will be beat, more than likely by some of the Fabio Silva saves going on right now. He's an absolute machine again this year

2 hours ago, El Sheim said:

Ugh, my guy from 1k challenge already scored 127, at the age of 19. I saw this too late. 

52 minutes ago, cezzz16 said:

Saw this late too. My guy went 100 during 18yo I think. I'll join here after my 1k. Doing triple threat after that. 

😂My guy starts the game at 20y/o so yeah

5 hours ago, El Sheim said:

Ugh, my guy from 1k challenge already scored 127, at the age of 19. I saw this too late. 

3 hours ago, cezzz16 said:

Saw this late too. My guy went 100 during 18yo I think. I'll join here after my 1k. Doing triple threat after that. 

2 hours ago, darlingtonvii said:

mason greenwood, 117 at 19 years

Congrats guys. Well done! 

Pls check your player's date of birth and work out his exact age - XXX- and soon enough you'll be added to the leaderboard. Thanks. 

On 04/12/2019 at 04:10, BatiGoal said:

Congrats guys. Well done! 

Pls check your player's date of birth and work out his exact age - XXX- and soon enough you'll be added to the leaderboard. Thanks. 

It’s kind of late (1:26 am) and I feel dumb. But how do you get the exact age in game

Or do I just check his DOB and get the age when I reach 100?

Edited by Roman.F2P
43 minutes ago, Roman.F2P said:

It’s kind of late (1:26 am) and I feel dumb. But how do you get the exact age in game

Or do I just check his DOB and get the age when I reach 100?

That's the only way I think. 

One for the leaderboard @Foxy

Joe Gelhardt - Wonderkid signed from Wigan. Looks a great 1k option too.

Screenshot_20200113-220159.thumb.jpg.e6a0c5b907c30cdbc74fd9eae6b07e92.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-220147.thumb.jpg.10fb00c00d88cb5175e40cd680827ac6.jpg

Capture.JPG.6277c5813f37dfa0d20b5b77216f9d2d.JPG

18 Years, 11 months and 6 days 👍

Edited by danovic78
6 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

One for the leaderboard @Foxy

Joe Gelhardt - Wonderkid signed from Wigan. Looks a great 1k option too.

Screenshot_20200113-220159.thumb.jpg.e6a0c5b907c30cdbc74fd9eae6b07e92.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-220147.thumb.jpg.10fb00c00d88cb5175e40cd680827ac6.jpg

Capture.JPG.6277c5813f37dfa0d20b5b77216f9d2d.JPG

18 Years, 11 months and 6 days 👍

Which website you use to calculate that thing?

Wowza, that's quite a feat with Unuvar Xjfbdh.

I was about to submit a career with Louie Barry reaching 100 at 18 years 1 month and 4 days, but I think I'll work on trying to beat yours, but it might take a while :D

Here's my Louie Barry Race to 100.

Barry is nothing special, but he is young and has some decent starting stats for an all around striker. Unfortunately he didnt really grow during the two seasons, with him being stuck on "needs to mature" since his first upgrade after the 2nd game or so.

Also did the career in China, because as far as i can tell, it has the earliest start date for any league at 1st Jan 2019. I imagine most race to 100s would benefit from starting in China. I had thought starting in the 2nd division would be a benefit due to the incredibly low standards for the first season, however due to the lack of development for Barry, it probably would have been better to start as an ACL qualified club in the CSL for the extra games. CWC would also be a benefit.

Screenshot_20200319_094519_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.441557dd8156e4906e4b0c1ae799fe83.jpg

His initial stats, nothing special, nothing amazing, but definitely young. I forgot to do an initial snap, so this is him at the end of the first season, he had only had a single upgrade and then plateau'd after.

Screenshot_20200321_221953_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.18938942431b20724d3b82187651f319.jpg

Screenshot_20200321_221945_com_sega.soccer.thumb.jpg.9a417e4ef1309977e7b6327e0853b512.jpg

Was hoping to finish before his 18th birthday after starting with a cracking 14 odd goals from the first 8 games, but then he blanked for an extended 6 game streak before picking up again once he hit 18 and his second upgrade.

Final date was 25th July 2021, meaning being born on the 21st June 2003, he was 18 years 1 month and 4 days old when slotting away his 100th goal. (He scored a hat trick to mark the occasion).

As above, going to try to beat Xjfbdh, but it seems like an incredibly impossible task, so i might not be too upset if i cant beat that score.

Screenshot_20200321_221945_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Edited by zacsafus
Removing duplicate picture

Ah yes, I had read this, but as a long time lurker and new poster I didn't want to start forum life by calling BS on someone.

As regular wizards of pulling off some amazing feats, i thought it best to leave it to you guys to determine if things are impossible or not.

The race to 100 was a lot of fun, and i definitely think Barry's score is easily beatable, looking forward to some other entries.

Cheers!

Cherki was one of my considerations before, he is definitely a beast as long as he quickly adapts to playing as striker. Unfortunately he wouldnt go to China :D

Best of luck with it, i hope he doesn't plateau early for you.