Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help FM Touch or FM Mobile

So I've just bought a new phone and it allows me to get either FM Mobile or FM Touch so I'm just wondering if people have played both versions and if so which do you recommend for 2020? 

The only reason I'm looking at the Touch version is that it's more in depth and I have access to more leagues.

What do people think? 

P.s. I know there is a bit of a price difference but I play it all year so I'm not really put off by the £20 😂

Edited by GreekYogurt
4 minutes ago, GreekYogurt said:

The only reason I'm looking at the Touch version is that it's more in depth and I have access to more leagues.

I think you have answered your own question there. Personally I like the pick up and play nature of Mobile but if it isn’t in depth enough for you then I think you are best off paying that bit extra.

I wasn’t aware that FMTouch was available on any phones at this stage but maybe that is going to change for 20?

Sounds like FMTouch would be a better choice for you but I know my phone wouldn’t cope too well with it and I imagine it would heat up making the device too hot to handle and my battery would be even more like a count down. I do prefer the mobile version anyway but those reasons above would always put me off and I can’t say I want to start playing on my laptop again if I’m honest.

I played Touch briefly on my mate 20 pro, but wouldn't reccommend it. Even with a stylus it's a bit of a hassle... 

Edited by Jens

I've always liked Mobile version as I never really have too much time to play the PC version. Just wanted to know whether it is really worth the change for the extra leagues and a bit more depth

It’s hard to know but maybe you would be best buying Mobile as you know it is what you enjoy but then picking up Touch when it is on sale so that you can try it out without having to pay full price for it.

21 minutes ago, GreekYogurt said:

I've always liked Mobile version as I never really have too much time to play the PC version. Just wanted to know whether it is really worth the change for the extra leagues and a bit more depth

My friend, 'a bit more depth' is the understatement of the year. The game is immense, even if it's not the full version. I remember playing the 2007 full fat version and it doesn't even come close to Touch. Extra leagues? Yes, like 100 of 'em. The game is terrific, but very time-consuming. I can definitely reccomend it, just not on a small smartphone screen. A tablet is great though. As is the pc version.

37 minutes ago, Foxy said:

It’s hard to know but maybe you would be best buying Mobile as you know it is what you enjoy but then picking up Touch when it is on sale so that you can try it out without having to pay full price for it.

Not a bad idea 👍

19 minutes ago, Jens said:

My friend, 'a bit more depth' is the understatement of the year. The game is immense, even if it's not the full version. I remember playing the 2007 full fat version and it doesn't even come close to Touch. Extra leagues? Yes, like 100 of 'em. The game is terrific, but very time-consuming. I can definitely reccomend it, just not on a small smartphone screen. A tablet is great though. As is the pc version.

Would you say 6.8" screen size is too small?

Edited by GreekYogurt
58 minutes ago, GreekYogurt said:

Would you say 6.8" screen size is too small?

My Mate has 6.4 inch and it's really teeny tiny. I know some people put up with it, but I prefer the Switch instead. Although a tablet or pc would still be the best solution.

I genuinely could not think of anything (in terms of gaming) worse than a football management sim more detailed than FMM, so that's my opinion. 

Mobile for the pace and more entertainment. The PC version has too many features I think, it goes overboard like its your actual job being a manager rather than a fun time filler. I respect the detail but it’s too much effort

Like for etc the training sessions, bloody hell, keep it simple like mobile has! I know you can hand it to your assistant in the game but it’s still a crazy level of depth for something you don’t really play the game for, you play for the matches 

One thing mobile could take from PC though is the detail about clubs histories, like it’s a bit annoying how ‘history’ only goes back to the season before 

10 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

Mobile for the pace and more entertainment. The PC version has too many features I think, it goes overboard like its your actual job being a manager rather than a fun time filler. I respect the detail but it’s too much effort

Like for etc the training sessions, bloody hell, keep it simple like mobile has! I know you can hand it to your assistant in the game but it’s still a crazy level of depth for something you don’t really play the game for, you play for the matches 

One thing mobile could take from PC though is the detail about clubs histories, like it’s a bit annoying how ‘history’ only goes back to the season before 

I disagree on the history bit. On FMM it goes back further than just last season, so that must be a bug for you? What does bother me on the full version is how the history only shows competition details and not overall (+continental competitions etc)

13 hours ago, Jens said:

I disagree on the history bit. On FMM it goes back further than just last season, so that must be a bug for you? What does bother me on the full version is how the history only shows competition details and not overall (+continental competitions etc)

I get the full history of what I’ve done in the game, but as for before that, in FMM19 the history only goes back to the season before, 2017/18