Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's Race to 50


BatiGoal
 Share

Recommended Posts

A quick lil challenge before FMM20 comes knocking. 

 

Credit goes to @Rob for creating this challenge, a perfect one for formation testing btw which is what led to giving this an attempt.

 

All we gotta do is the following :

Rules:

    ⁃    Take over Monaco;
    ⁃    Make whatever transfers you want;
    ⁃    Score 50 LEAGUE goals;

That's it. Gotta be right up there with one of the shortest challenges I've ever done. 

 

Transfers

Screenshot_20191025-005312.thumb.png.eeae067f10d9d141d33c9da8c0aab369.png

Monaco have a decent enough squad to begin with and for such really short challenges I figured there's no real need for squad depth. I just made sure my 11 starters were of good quality to get the job done ASAP. Cause that's what we want today. So in came a Def, Mid and Striker. 

 

Monaco scores 50th league goal

Screenshot_20191025-005000.thumb.png.dd5ada0de97a072bbff8a44ca831bfac.png

A couple min before HT young Pellegri takes the honor of scoring Monaco's 50th and thereby ending our quest. 

 

The requirement to lead the dance has been met

Screenshot_20191025-004953.thumb.png.12498afb578ca72d3bd75e73ff3936c9.png

We're easily topping the league with 50 gls at this point. And it took us 13 games only. The formation is doing exactly what it was intended to do. Goals. 

 

The end result

Screenshot_20191025-005208.thumb.png.c15164a66280fa1f83f0a050f83b01d4.png

We ended up trashing PSG 6-2. Couldn't have picked a better opponent to seal the deal. 

 

Manager info

Screenshot_20191025-005335.thumb.png.a22a82ef4ed663e9722beddfcd0de04a.png

Nothing spectacular to see here other than that the games haven't been holidayed. 

 

3-4-3 formation

Screenshot_20191025-005743.thumb.png.3c9d010c9e2e8d833d86dec07c769bcf.png

There's two formations I like to use for goal-scoring challenges, where a large number of team gls need to be netted specifically. This is one of the two. I may try it later again with the second formation to see if I can better this score. 

 

Challenge Score

Moment of scoring Monaco's 50th league goal: 11 November at 43 minutes

 

It literally felt like racing to the finishline on the narrow streets of Monaco, exactly the intention of the challenge. My plan was to end this before the end of the calendar year, some time in December, to accomplish it a month earlier is a bonus.

Thanks for the views and hope to see you at the next one 👍 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Great stuff mate! And your goal per game ratio is amazing for a new team. Off track a little, but which position scored the most goals? 

Screenshot_20191025-125720.thumb.png.4b6af02d68e108588c53b3beab247bfc.png

 

Just like in the screenshot, it usually is the TM followed by a close call between AF and P. 

 

25 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Great score Bati. Amazing that you got so many goals.

Thanks, could be well over 100 by the end of the season. I did it for a leaderboard mention btw :trophy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Brilliant score BG.

Hopefully you will try it again with your other tactic as it will be interesting to compare.

Thanks, Fox. 

Looks perhaps better than it is. It's just before the ITN break with two games left in November. I'll redo this challenge with the other formation in FMM20. 

50 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Nice one - this is a great little challenge, I was thinking of giving it a quick go myself during this little lull. I won't now as my score will seem pitiful ;)

It's a fun one for formation testing 👍 

9 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Great score BG!

Put PSG firmly in their place :laugh:

Thanks. Yup, no more PSG domination in Ligue 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Just like in the screenshot, it usually is the TM followed by a close call between AF and P. 

Thanks. Not sure what to make of the information now I have it! 😄

Interesting just the same. Not sure that TMs would have got the most in previous versions (they seem supercharged this year), but I guess you'd know more about whether that was true or not than I would (you've played 3 up front a lot more than I have).

Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks. Not sure what to make of the information now I have it! 😄

Interesting just the same. Not sure that TMs would have got the most in previous versions (they seem supercharged this year), but I guess you'd know more about whether that was true or not than I would (you've played 3 up front a lot more than I have).

If I recall correctly, anyone - please do correct me if I'm mistaken - but re supercharged (forward) player roles I think it was the following :

  • FMM15 - Poacher
  • FMM16 - Advanced Forward
  • FMM17 - Inside Forward
  • FMM18 - Complete Forward
  • FMM19 - Target Man
  • FMM20 - ? 
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

If I recall correctly, anyone - please do correct me if I'm mistaken - but re supercharged (forward) player roles I think it was the following :

  • FMM15 - Poacher
  • FMM16 - Advanced Forward
  • FMM17 - Inside Forward
  • FMM18 - Complete Forward
  • FMM19 - Target Man
  • FMM20 - ? 

Sound right to me, although AF is supercharged this year too - I just scored 101 goals in 48 games with an AF who keeps getting tired and stressed out about the pressure of being in the first team. 😄 I think AF has been reasonably strong in most recent years, it's never a bad choice, even if it's not always the best.

As for FMM20... well it's got to be one of DLP, DF or T doesn't it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Sound right to me, although AF is supercharged this year too - I just scored 101 goals in 48 games with an AF who keeps getting tired and stressed out about the pressure of being in the first team. 😄 I think AF has been reasonably strong in most recent years, it's never a bad choice, even if it's not always the best.

As for FMM20... well it's got to be one of DLP, DF or T doesn't it? 

True, AF has been quite good in recent FMM years. I've tried many times to make the Treq a top striker but he becomes good at best, not great. So hopefully we'll have a supercharched T next month, hehe! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rob said:

Brilliant score. I’ll update when I get home.

Thanks big. 👍 

I'm eye-ing a few more single season challenges before '20 comes out. Next one's underway already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goals flying in left right and centre, must be fabulously entertaining for the fans.

Brilliant score BG and looks like a great tactic that you’ve worked on 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Excellent score BG! That’ll take some beating for sure :) 

Someone will, eventually. That's what it's all about 😉 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Goals flying in left right and centre, must be fabulously entertaining for the fans.

Brilliant score BG and looks like a great tactic that you’ve worked on 👍

Thanks. Lil stronger up front thus a lil weaker at the back, but holds up pretty well, even more so with worldclass players. I deliberately left out the def. and att. options, that's for any takers to experiment with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...