Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S4NCH0

FMM20 Around the Globe [ACTIVITY]

Around the globe

Hey everyone, it's me again. As you may have noticed I'm very hyped (aren'r we all?) about FMM20 coming out in a lees than a month. My excitement made me write two guides on both Greek and Danish football. After writing them I figured I knew almost nothing about those to countries and further reflecting, it turns out I know almost nothing about most other countries football wise. So, I decided it could be fun to do brief summaries about football in our countries to help other get to know more about our land and to get more information about other countries ourselves. It is also a good bonding activity and a fun one while we eagerly wait for the knew version of the game I'll start, and hope you will join me. The idea is to very briefly cover the next points about your country in the comments below:

- Best player

- Favorite Team

- Most promising youngster

Hope you'll join me and we can get to know more about each other's country.

Mexico

As you may see from my flag, I'm Mexican. I was born here and have lived here all my life. I already made once an article covering my nation but here is a brief summary. 

Best Player: Carlos Vela, 30 years old, (LAFC)

vela.thumb.jpg.63905cc4356e990afabbb5ac57e82c4e.jpg

You may have hear of Chicharito, Raul Jimenez or Hector Herrera, but talent wise there's no one as good as Carlos Vela. Even though he doesn't play in Europe as the aforementioned players, Carlos Vela's talent is something special. He started his career at Chivas, moving to Arsenal at the age of only 17. There he wasn't used that much so a series of loans followed. He wasn't having great loan spells, until he arrived in Real Sociedad where he became a club legend. Last season, between homages, he left San Sebastian for the money playing in USA represented. He just broke the record for more goals in a season there. It is unfortunate that his career never really exploited due to his lack of ambition, but the talent is and has been there all this time (I recommend watching him on youtube). 

Favorite team: Pumas UNAM (Mexico City)

pumas.jpg.766b580a838acc437a4da40f2b339540.jpg

As for my favorite team, I present you Pumas UNAM. The team of the Mexican National Autonomous University. They are one of the big four teams in Mexico, and while they haven't really been great recently, their status remains due to the values they represent. Being a team originally made up of the university student's, the team has kept such mentality and to this day their Youth Academy is among the most efficient in the country. Through their ranks have emerged players like former Atletico Madrid player Luis Garcia or 5 times La Liga Pichichi Hugo Sanchez. Also, their stadium is among the only two in Mexico considered Cultural Heritage by UNESCO and their uniform was voted as the most beautiful in the world not so long ago. 

Most exciting youngster: Diego Lainez, 19 years old (Betis) 

Lainez.thumb.jpg.df1defe83eac186d4caeadd513cddadf.jpg

After impressing in the U17 World Cup, in the local league and in the Tournoi Maurice-Revello, Diego Lainez, a very skillful and fast player, caught the eye of Spanish side, Betis, scouts. After rejecting Ajax, he secured a move to Spain last January and while he hasn't played that much for them yet, his performances have been very decent. He has since stepped up to the Senior Mexican National team and is expected to become one of Mexico's best players for the future. Only time will tell.

That's all for my country, can't wait to read about yours in the comment section!!  Cheers and have a great day!

pumas.webp

Edited by S4NCH0

Great idea, not sure how much we'll be able to do but here's a little bit from behind the Iron Curtain...

Best Player

Petr Čech

2057815836_9ccf00541c393ccfaf4278a4503f95ce_extract9301750985_resize680383_.jpg.ce0f0a39f40fd49d5144fe6cff18cc8d.jpg

Yeah, tough times for Czech football. Čech finally hung up his boots last summer and yet he's still better than any of the current team...

My favourite team

Well part of my problem is that I don't follow the local league much cos it's traaaaash. I've seen maybe 10 games in 12 years here, and two of those were among the most nondescript 0-0 draws I've ever seen (and I'm a Brentford fan) (actually, those 0-0's were so nondescript that they've now become remarkable 🤔 )

But my Czech odyssey started many years ago when I met a guy from Liberec, a small city an hour north of Prague (lovely place).

download.png.c4b44516486672e7e8bb1277c1339f69.png

Their badge exhibits Jested mountain, which I have scaled single-handedly (nice afternoon stroll in fact, it's not that big). You can see three countries from the top, with an eastern corner of Germany and south-western Poland within range.

liberec_0.thumb.jpg.733e7eb343957c86df6b8203fe7808b7.jpg

Slovan have had a little success in recent years, but they've dipped back down to a steady midtable / occasional Europa League level now, with Plzen and Slavia streets ahead at the moment.

Most exciting youngster

Jan Zamburek

Large.thumb.jpeg.64b7d74d1e0b3049a09304eb53460e3a.jpeg

This mega-talented superstar teenager has been a regular on the bench of the world-famous Brentford FC in recent weeks, the pinnacle of any career in this great sport, and sorry excuse me what yes this is my real answer why wouldn't it be what do you mean a non-Brentford answer ok fine I'll find someone what about this guy he plays for Roma or something

patrik-schick-roma-1561964094-23280.jpg.75d935a17daaae6f245e4b79453f2191.jpg

Patrik Schick? Apparently quite good. Seen him preening around the pitch for the national team a couple of times. And I had a career as Roma on FMM19 and, while he can be a little tricky to get the best out of, he can explode into a tasty 100m+ talent.

So yeah, I don't know much about the Czech league, and hopefully you now know a similar amount :)

Edited by Mr Tree
8 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Patrik Schick? Apparently quite good. Seen him preening around the pitch for the national team a couple of times. And I had a career as Roma on FMM19 and, while he can be a little tricky to get the best out of, he can explode into a tasty 100m+ talent.

He is a great talent but he has to step up his game to guide the czech to greener pastures. Thanks for you collaboration, really interesting the fact that you can see 3 countries from the peak of a single mountain, now I want it added in my bucket list :P cheers!

Hmm... Nice idea so here's some from mine

Best Player: Safiq Rahimimages.jpeg.9f66edc29142e3cee4c82fe1b43b9e6a.jpeg

Playing as a central midfielder with the role of deep lying playmaker and can also play as attacking midfielder

Currently playing for Melaka and captain of the National team

My Favourite Club: Selangor FA

1200px-Selangorfalogo_svg.thumb.png.f8d195b453e48d3ba555a2ca35911285.png

Despite spending 65% of my life in Kuala Lumpur I'm a fan of Selangor FA which I spent 35% of my life. Not the best team in the league. Currently sitting 3rd

Most Promissimg Player: Luqman Hakim Shamsudin

855681465_images(1).jpeg.84769627741ce5ba540abaa519ec3792.jpeg

17-years old striker who recently signed a professional contract with Kortrijk from Belgium. Also named in Guardian 60 most promissing youngster

1 hour ago, Lord Danish said:

Playing as a central midfielder with the role of deep lying playmaker and can also play as attacking midfielder

Despite spending 65% of my life in Kuala Lumpur I'm a fan of Selangor FA which I spent 35% of my life. Not the best team in the league. Currently sitting 3rd

17-years old striker who recently signed a professional contract with Kortrijk from Belgium. Also named in Guardian 60 most promissing youngster

Nice one, tho I had never follow Malaysian football being a Malaysian myself🤣

1 hour ago, Kun Aguero said:

Nice one, tho I had never follow Malaysian football being a Malaysian myself🤣

Haha I'm not a fan either just general knowledge for me but quite excited to see our striker in FMM20 maybe a 1kc with him

12 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

Thanks for your participation, I also thought it was a fun idea but only a few have enjoyed it. I will definitely look after Lugman, having a Belgian club buy you is no coincidence, it's a clear indicator of talent 

USA

Yes, it is hard to be a fan of the USMNT (although the Womens' team balances it out nicely), but I like to believe that there could be hope for the future. The MLS is a great young league with fantastic players and skyrocketing attendance (more than pro basketball and hockey!), and it seems there is some (some?) talent coming through the ranks. Anyway, on to the best player:

Christian Pulisic

-Sorry for the lack of pictures but I'm lazy and you all know what he looks like-

Pulisic is the obvious choice, and I considered putting the spotlight on someone else like Weston McKennie or John Brooks, but Pulisic's the obvious choice for a reason. He's got pace for days, great passing and fantastic finishing for such a young player, and I hope he performs well at Chelsea.

My Favorite Team: Sporting Kansas City

Located in (shock horror) Kansas City and playing in the beautiful yet poorly named Children's Mercy Park, Sporting has a great youth academy that has produced the likes of Matt Besler and Graham Zusi, and is legendary for failing to hold onto talented strikers. They traditionally play very attractive soccer (sorry, football), but this past season they sold their best defender and guess what happened? Their defense was dreadful. The owners have finally promised to spend some money (the club has spent $2,000,000 on transfers in their 25 year history) so hopefully they can bounce back from a disappointing season and return to where they belong: underachieving by finishing 4th. Now that I've written this, SKC sounds like a worse, American version of Arsenal.

Best Young Talent: Tyler Adams

The 20 year old Leipzig talent is highly underrated in my opinion, and I see a bright future for him. He can play midfield, cdm, and fullback, and he's got fantastic workrate and defensive awareness. I hope he keeps developing

5 minutes ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

My Favorite Team: Sporting Kansas City

Located in (shock horror) Kansas City and playing in the beautiful yet poorly named Children's Mercy Park, Sporting has a great youth academy that has produced the likes of Matt Besler and Graham Zusi, and is legendary for failing to hold onto talented strikers. They traditionally play very attractive soccer (sorry, football), but this past season they sold their best defender and guess what happened? Their defense was dreadful. The owners have finally promised to spend some money (the club has spent $2,000,000 on transfers in their 25 year history) so hopefully they can bounce back from a disappointing season and return to where they belong: underachieving by finishing 4th. Now that I've written this, SKC sounds like a worse, American version of Arsenal.

As a fellow American and Minnesota United fan (and season ticket holder that walks six blocks to the stadium from home!), I thank you, and really SKC, for the kind donation of Ike Opara to help reform our tragic defense into a sturdy unit. Cheers, Gup!

2 hours ago, mattydisc said:

As a fellow American and Minnesota United fan (and season ticket holder that walks six blocks to the stadium from home!), I thank you, and really SKC, for the kind donation of Ike Opara to help reform our tragic defense into a sturdy unit. Cheers, Gup!

Lol Happy to help

6 hours ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

Best Young Talent: Tyler Adams

The 20 year old Leipzig talent is highly underrated in my opinion, and I see a bright future for him. He can play midfield, cdm, and fullback, and he's got fantastic workrate and defensive awareness. I hope he keeps developing

Interesting choice here as I thought it's going to be Sargent, Weah or McKennie but Adams is great guy though

30 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Interesting choice here as I thought it's going to be Sargent, Weah or McKennie but Adams is great guy though

I rate them all but I think Adams doesn't get enough attention

On 01/11/2019 at 09:58, Guppy McFicklestein said:

(the club has spent $2,000,000 on transfers in their 25 year history)

Can't really get hold of that that means. That's amazing. 2,000,000 dollars get you nothing now a days, and they've only spent that much in 25 years!! I'm an LAFC fan but must admit that from now on, I have mad respect for SKC. What have they signed in these 25 years? Loanees and freebies?

Thanks for contributing btw, always good to learn about our neighbors!! 

5 hours ago, S4NCH0 said:

Can't really get hold of that that means. That's amazing. 2,000,000 dollars get you nothing now a days, and they've only spent that much in 25 years!! I'm an LAFC fan but must admit that from now on, I have mad respect for SKC. What have they signed in these 25 years? Loanees and freebies?

Pretty much that, yes. Lots of trades as well

KOSOVA

An independent nation since 2008. Only recognized by FIFA since 2016.Now one of the most exciting International team to watch.It took an opponent of England's calibre to end their unbeaten run of 15 games last month, with the defeat finally coming in a 5-3 thriller. Euro 2020 qualification is possible if they can find a way to get results in their next three games, starting with Montenegro at home next week.

BEST PLAYER

Milot Rashica

D8ukU1QX4AEWzSL.jpg

Milot Rashica is an Albanian-Kosovar professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for German club Werder Bremen and the Kosovo national team.

FAVOURITE TEAM

KF Ulpiana

69957979_2514548368775439_6944520895641681920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQl_B3OSednGhuPr7n0xj1CfGt4w9pEVMSi7iXQr5Boe7lmGUogKVcQQn_C4jEaDwxE&_nc_ht=scontent.fprn4-1.fna&oh=d28d587b676b4ea83823e5c62232c40b&oe=5E485801

KF Ulpiana (Klubi Futbollistik Ulpiana Lipjan) is a professional football club based in Lipjan, Kosovo.The club plays in the second division of football in Kosovo, Liga e Parë.

MOST EXCITING YOUNGSTER

Edon Zhegrova 

edon-zhegrova-krc-genk-1548862841-20248.jpg