Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Announcement: Future of Graphics Packs on Vibe

Putzy

The future of graphics packs...

Today, we are announcing that due to recent developments in the community regarding image licensing, we are in the process of removing all graphic packs and addons from Vibe that contain official club logos (including kits) and player faces. These graphics are trademarked and/or copyrighted material owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Since these graphic packs are built and hosted by the Vibe team, we have made this difficult decision to avoid any risk of us, or our community members, getting into trouble for sharing these packs.

We are sorry for this unfortunate development and the sudden change to our policies, but our love for the FMM game series is not above the laws of Intellectual Property. The Vibe team will continue exploring ways to help you complete your game graphically in other, lawful, ways in the near future.

As part of the above development, from today and for the foreseeable future we are no longer going to be offering new Gold Premium memberships. We appreciate all our current premium members and the contribution you have made towards the site in the last 9 years, and will soon be announcing some new perks and initiatives to keep your faith in us!

Right now we are planning to have a full complement of alternative-style packs available on and shortly after release of FM 2020 Mobile on 19th November to help complete and improve your FMM experience, as well as a variety of other content such as complete Wonderkids lists, best Free Agents and much, much more! Stay tuned!

Have you explored the "Fair use" term for all copy righted images which can open a large loop hole of ways around it, as long as your not directly selling the images which you werent doing in the past, its a membership fee and free downloads.

24 minutes ago, Kennyd said:

Have you explored the "Fair use" term for all copy righted images which can open a large loop hole of ways around it, as long as your not directly selling the images which you werent doing in the past, its a membership fee and free downloads.

We have spoken to legal experts regarding this and taken the best approach for everyone at this time. I'm sorry that I can't comment any further on this.

It wasn't an easy decision to make, and we're certainly going to continue exploring our options!

Oh the joys trademark/copyright... What a sad state of affairs :(

Are names of clubs, competitions and players trademarked too? ;)

Maybe all is not lost. In the football journalism Scouted Football, Last Row View and Tifo Football have shown how football journalism can excel without paying unnecessary $$$ on trademarks. Maybe, with a bit of luck, a similar solution can be found here... thought it'd require monumental effort. All football games that oppose trademark/copyright should join together to come up with something...

Hopefully not a huge issue as the other site will likely host them. Will be migrating there for good if that is the case. Good luck with your future - or lack thereof.

Edited by Gvicii
8 minutes ago, Gvicii said:

Hopefully not a huge issue as the other site will likely host them. Will be migrating there for good if that is the case. Good luck with your future - or lack thereof.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out 👋👋👋

Tbh if you're only here for graphics you won't be missed, I can't say this isn't a massive blow as it is, the casuals love the graphics we used to be able to provide and it does bring new faces to the site.

However this site and this community are alot more than bloody club crests and face cut outs, if you don't think it is well what can I say. 

We'll bounce back and I'm sure the creative minds here will supply creative and LEGAL options for the community to enjoy. In fairness I hope images are just banned game side then no underhand tactics will be in play, but why risk the community for leeches. 

Imo things are not that bad for us users. Yes, for the site it’s a bad moment since many people came for the dlc and the suspension of gold memberships is also a blow to the face (i was already thinking of buying mine, if anyone knows a way to maybe donate to the site to help them keep afloat tell me), but for users not everything is lost. Just check Putzy’s “Footbe Logos Megapack” it is a very neat set of badges which give me hope for the future. So head up guys, everything will be alright!

315AACE7-8D73-47AB-B7FF-980B2D445E4D.png

12 hours ago, Gvicii said:

I thought the Canadians were supposed to be the nice ones?

its sad for all of us but we’ll bounce back guys, I’ve never had the data packs myself and found it fun anyways. IMO I don’t care about the ppl who come here once a year to download packs I care about the lads who do the challenges, careers, community events. That’s what makes vibe so special for me  

Never d/l logo's or facepacks.

It's not something that I've needed to enjoy the game so its not a problem for me but i understand how some would be put out by it.

I was going to download them for next year, but oh well

Kinda gets on my nerves that about 2 clubs per league have the badges and the rest don't

Though I gotta say, the Footbe logos look better than the irl ones

Edited by Tigahz
addition to message
On 10/11/2019 at 15:03, Tigahz said:

Though I gotta say, the Footbe logos look better than the irl ones

I never download extra graphics but I agree those Footbe ones look good to me.

The whole thing seems very petty to me by whichever party is taking this action especially when you consider how long these downloadable packs have been around for FM and there has never been a problem until now 🤔

On 10/11/2019 at 15:51, Foxy said:

I never download extra graphics but I agree those Footbe ones look good to me.

The whole thing seems very petty to me by whichever party is taking this action especially when you consider how long these downloadable packs have been around for FM and there has never been a problem until now 🤔

Oh blood boiling when I'm reading this. I really hope FM Stadia fails. I hope it causes those investors to lose a ton of money. It seems like a very stupid idea and I hope SI takes a huge hit there. Very stupid decision from SI if this was the case. I am most definitely not buying the latest instalment of FMM if the other site doesn't release the proper logos.

34 minutes ago, Gvicii said:

Oh blood boiling when I'm reading this. I really hope FM Stadia fails. I hope it causes those investors to lose a ton of money. It seems like a very stupid idea and I hope SI takes a huge hit there. Very stupid decision from SI if this was the case. I am most definitely not buying the latest instalment of FMM if the other site doesn't release the proper logos.

Chill up mate FMM is more than just teams without proper logos

5 hours ago, Gvicii said:

All just a rumour tbh and there has been plenty more in the last few days as well which are more believable.

5 minutes ago, Rossma said:

What next , not being allowed to use real players names  !!!!

Real player names are a different licence and come from the world player union FIFPro I believe so as long as SI can keep that licence and someone like EA for example don’t manage to get exclusive rights, which is very unlikely, there is no problem.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Am I right in thinking FMT has never had access to out side images? Or is that just for none PC devices? 

Am not sure about FMT but my FM on PC could use logos pack just fine so I conclude that FMT will be able too

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Am I right in thinking FMT has never had access to out side images? Or is that just for none PC devices? 

FMT can definitely use graphics on PC, iOS and Android.

They've just historically been incredibly finicky and temperamental on the mobile operating systems to the point it's simply not recommended. 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Putzy said:

FMT can definitely use graphics on PC, iOS and Android.

They've just historically been incredibly finicky and temperamental on the mobile operating systems to the point it's simply not recommended. 🤦‍♂️

Ahh I see, for some reason I just thought you couldn't lol. 

Thought about it some more and I hardly care about how it impacts the game tbf, my only annoyance is how it hurts the fans/site. 

Hell maybe it'll make SI pull their finger out and jazz up the interface more in future releases, every cloud and all that. 

Same feelings as Ashez, not too bothered by it personally. Altho I did download the recent two packs, just to give the game a little more color, but I can easily play without it. Bummer for those who do really want it. Hope there's a decent alternative for those. 

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Same feelings as Ashez, not too bothered by it personally. Altho I did download the recent two packs, just to give the game a little more color, but I can easily play without it. Bummer for those who do really want it. Hope there's a decent alternative for those. 

I mainly got them for career purposes to make screenshots more appealing than due to wanting them tbf. I've had more FMM years without graphics than with.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I managed to get them on tablet but it’s impossible on switch I believe, unless jailbroken which why the fuck would I risk doing 😂

Probably about time I give a small bit of insight into the plans 🤣

We're going to have a few options available for the major leagues (logos) for release next Tuesday to help add some colour and feeling to the game. In some cases, they're going to look better than a genuine logo would due to scaling issues!

Once the community has "decided" on which styles they like the best, all focus will be on ensuring that every club without a logo in the game gets something in that style. 

I might post some previews later in the week! 

1 hour ago, Putzy said:

We're going to have a few options available for the major leagues (logos) for release next Tuesday to help add some colour and feeling to the game. In some cases, they're going to look better than a genuine logo would due to scaling issues!

Once the community has "decided" on which styles they like the best, all focus will be on ensuring that every club without a logo in the game gets something in that style. 

Yes!!!! I love this. It’s a great chance to get new, creative, alternative logos. Thanks 

14 hours ago, Putzy said:

Sweet, I've always used the standard logo packs in prior years, so trying something new won't hurt!

As for player faces, I've always added them for completion sake but losing them isn't such a major issue as the game gets flooded by regens after a few years anyhow!

This is gutting news for the site! I enjoyed getting the player/logo packs. However, I’m not phased by the lost of the packs. 

I’d rather have a community where we can all turn for tips and advice for instead of the packs. Plus, if you play long enough of a career then, players faces disappear anyways.

Hopefully this doesn’t have a big impact on the site, but saying that if, you were only here for the packs then, you wasn’t getting the full benefit of the community.

I do like my competitions to have logos, factually correct or a different style does not matter for me actually. But, this is not the reason I joined this great community. It is because of the knowledge and the people I joined.