Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Announcement: Future of Graphics Packs on Vibe

Putzy

I am not nearly as active here as I used to be but I would still like to give my opinion on this

I saw a comment here how someone will move to the other site for good if Vibe stops uploading graphic content..there is nothing to move to, other site is not community based..even the guy who used to run this site and now runs that one said it, it is article based site and it does a great job at being that don't get me wrong I am not bashing anyone..people need to realize that graphic content we got over the years is just a part of Vibe..as the name itself says its about the community, interaction, challenges, careers..sharing good, bad, funny and sad moments revolved around FMM..thats what "vibe" is supposed to mean..so if you were here only for the tactics, faces, logos and kits you weren't here at all honestly..basically we have 2 different FMM based sites and both are great because they are different..

I have some other things to say but this post is too long as it is lol 

10 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

I am not nearly as active here as I used to be but I would still like to give my opinion on this

I saw a comment here how someone will move to the other site for good if Vibe stops uploading graphic content..there is nothing to move to, other site is not community based..even the guy who used to run this site and now runs that one said it, it is article based site and it does a great job at being that don't get me wrong I am not bashing anyone..people need to realize that graphic content we got over the years is just a part of Vibe..as the name itself says its about the community, interaction, challenges, careers..sharing good, bad, funny and sad moments revolved around FMM..thats what "vibe" is supposed to mean..so if you were here only for the tactics, faces, logos and kits you weren't here at all honestly..basically we have 2 different FMM based sites and both are great because they are different..

I have some other things to say but this post is too long as it is lol 

I couldn't have said it any better.

Thumbs up.

Just an update on this issue as depending on how this goes it could really effect the way the game looks in the future and even whether SI will need to effectively block any way of modding the game with logos and real name fixes.

The barrister asked Mr Justice Morgan to allow the club to amend its claim against Sega and SI to include allegations involving “the practice of supplying ‘patches’ or ‘mods’, essentially downloadable files containing replica trademarks, which consumers then incorporate into the game”.

Malynicz argued Sega and SI “encouraged” the use of patches supplied by third parties “by promoting the patch providers in various ways and, of course, they directly benefited from it by avoiding the need to take any licence and enjoying increased sales of their game”.

59 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Just an update on this issue as depending on how this goes it could really effect the way the game looks in the future and even whether SI will need to effectively block any way of modding the game with logos and real name fixes.

The barrister asked Mr Justice Morgan to allow the club to amend its claim against Sega and SI to include allegations involving “the practice of supplying ‘patches’ or ‘mods’, essentially downloadable files containing replica trademarks, which consumers then incorporate into the game”.

Malynicz argued Sega and SI “encouraged” the use of patches supplied by third parties “by promoting the patch providers in various ways and, of course, they directly benefited from it by avoiding the need to take any licence and enjoying increased sales of their game”.

Funnily enough SI are happy to scream from the rooftops about the number of units sold. Maybe it’s time for them to invest some of that money back in

Glad we kept our hat out the ring then if shits hitting the fan, let's hope SI remember that as we weren't greedy and tried to avoid this for them. 

It’s been like this since about 1992 and never came up before. Anything that hits Si will no doubt hit us the end user and in these times can’t be a good thing. If it ended up where they couldn’t use the Manchester United name but could every other Premier League teams then I’m not sure how it would actually benefit Man U to be honest.

3 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

"Manchester Red" coming soon

I could see a completely different name coming just like Juventus and Zebre

Maybe each team will be named as ‘Animal’ + ‘Town/City’. 

Man City, for example, when factoring in their financial overspending, could be ‘Cheetah Manchester’.

Tottenham could be ‘Cockeral London’. I’ll let someone else make the obvious joke.

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

Maybe each team will be named as ‘Animal’ + ‘Town/City’. 

Man City, for example, when factoring in their financial overspending, could be ‘Cheetah Manchester’.

Tottenham could be ‘Cockeral London’. I’ll let someone else make the obvious joke.

United could be Hyenas Manchester. They steal alot but in the end it didn’t give us any problem 

It could be more significant than just Man Utd having a dopey name which needs changing. 

SI will never afford to buy the licenses that EA have because EA have perfected getting kids to gamble “legally” and that is a license to print money (over £1 billion for FIFA20). This lawsuit could lead SI to take no chances and all unlicensed leagues/teams in the game to end up with stupid names.

The other factor then is that currently SI don’t encourage or promote any kinds of in game mods that may break licensing but they make it very easy to add these things into the game. That could stop and it may become a situation where it is impossible/very difficult to add face packs, logos, real name fixes etc etc into the game.

Perhaps on the positive side though is that having a read around it seems that Man Utd’s case isn’t that strong especially considering there name has been used in the game for 28 years. It may simply be a case of Man Utd trying to scare SEGA/SI into doing something or buying a license.

Considering SI makes about 350M minimum across all platform including FM/FMM/FMT I can see its a huge deal if Man United sue them

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Considering SI makes about 350M minimum across all platform including FM/FMM/FMT I can see its a huge deal if Man United sue them

Where'd you pick £350m from?!?! That's madness 😂 

FM19 sold 2m units, that's the record unless 2020 broke it. Even at £30 a pop which is unlikely due to sales and the like thats £60m. The store holders take 30% which is instantly minus £20m, then you have all the licence fees, developer costs, Sega's cut and so on. FMM to my estimate makes them f all compared to that as well, due to lower price point and much less sales, FMT I've never really placed. 

£350million 😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks for that. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Where'd you pick £350m from?!?! That's madness 😂 

FM19 sold 2m units, that's the record unless 2020 broke it. Even at £30 a pop which is unlikely due to sales and the like thats £60m. The store holders take 30% which is instantly minus £20m, then you have all the licence fees, developer costs, Sega's cut and so on. FMM to my estimate makes them f all compared to that as well, due to lower price point and much less sales, FMT I've never really placed. 

£350million 😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks for that. 

Owh lol I was counting with $ and writtern £ there

This move just makes you hate Man Utd even more than we did before.

Its big twat mentality and totally uncalled for. There was no need what so ever gor them to do this....its a fucking game for gods sake!

These guys got told they were infringing on copyrights and they were drawing for charity. Just shows the mentality of the club. 

Crusty Arnold Raynaldo 😂

Tbf it is irrelevant which club it is kicking off, however the fact it is United after 20 odd years does make it extremely petty and it opens the doors for other clubs to moan. Have any came out in support of SI? Now the ball is rolling you never know who's thinking similar action. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Tbf it is irrelevant which club it is kicking off, however the fact it is United after 20 odd years does make it extremely petty and it opens the doors for other clubs to moan. Have any came out in support of SI? Now the ball is rolling you never know who's thinking similar action. 

It’s extremely petty, but some are just using it as an opportunity to shake their anti united agenda stick at. To be perfectly honest, SI shouldn’t have supported the mods in the first place, they knew it broke copyright law yet still allowed it. They’ve got themselves to blame and no one else

I have read that news on newspaper, but I don't understand is the fact that the man united real name was always present in FM I believe and only now the remember to do this? 

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Have to start to recoup some of that crippling debt somewhere. £450M it’s getting towards now isn’t it?

Maybe they need to make some money to pay the tax bills.

Unfortunately clubs with rather a lot of manageable debt may well find it’s not so manageable now. Thing is plenty of lower and non league teams will more than likely go to the wall so can’t see there being much sympathy for any top team that suddenly finds themselves a bit in the shit.