Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Favourite FMM of the decade?

SophiaFM

Which version was your favourite of the decade and why? I didn’t play before 2014 so I can’t comment pre FMM 2014, so it’d be interesting to hear if people liked the editions before and what they thought. My personal favourite was FMM 2016 though. I felt I was the best at that one and I liked the players on that version the most. There was the best crop of young players on it imo and a lot of retired legends that went on to be regens that I had fun playing with. I liked the current 2019 one aswell, very detailed but I feel the aesthetics of the skin enhanced the game aswell, it was a lot better than the duller skins before 🙂

Played a few version of FMM from pirated FMM16/17 not sure to currently FMM19 but my favourite is FMM18

The training sistem that made players grow very quickly just made me very satisfied especially when growing youth players

2013, had it on both PSP and iOS and both offered something different despite *officially* being the same game. You could play it for hours on end without wanting to put it down which is something I haven't had from the game for years. And most importantly playable straight from launch.

Gameplay itself would probably look incredibly basic now but I'd happily have it back over the current version which shows how much the series has regressed. 2014 was ok but all downhill from there.

My favorite without a doubt have to be FMH14 and FMH15. There's something special about the simplicity of those two versions which I really enjoyed. Also they were among my favorite years in recent football chronology. Oh, and being able to play Copa Libertadores was a huge extra for me. The more recent versions of the game have also been very enjoyable and I do love the small increase in complexity and realism (with them not falling in full-FM mode), but the nostalgia that the 14 and 15 versions cause me is what made me pick them. 

2013 for the reasons Sam mentioned, it was a tad easy and breakable on IOS at least but it was fun, especially also having the PSP version so when I was bored of one I could play the other. 

2014 was the start of the downfall imo and every year since I've lost more and more interest. 2020 is out in a few days and I just don't care at all, it sucks. 

The EME was the complete game changer though as it just does little for me. 

Apart from a very brief play of 2008 on the PSP I have only played 2018 and 19 so would have to go with FMM19. I thought 19 was in a good place around New Year time but the whole winter update player fitness thing totally spoilt the game at least temporarily for me anyway. Once they found a middle ground with that I enjoyed it again.

Just now, samhardy said:

Best of the lot

Well I'm assuming it had set piece options and non cookie cutter tactics so that's something 😂

The only two serious PSP bugs I can recall are the £60m cheat and the glitch to exit mid match via the menus, that second one was an issues for sure though 😂

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Well I'm assuming it had set piece options and non cookie cutter tactics so that's something 😂

The only two serious PSP bugs I can recall are the £60m cheat and the glitch to exit mid match via the menus, that second one was an issues for sure though 😂

£60M cheat is a major blast from the past, don't think it was a bug though? It was in for years, they had the chance to remove it but never did 😂 

FMH08 was my first one though so holds a special place in my heart for those reasons, 09 was a bugfest though as that was the first year with the 2D engine and it crashed more often than Pastor Maldonado but all the other PSP games were almost perfect.

9 hours ago, samhardy said:

60M cheat is a major blast from the past, don't think it was a bug though? It was in for years, they had the chance to remove it but never did 😂 

Remember the method? 

I know it was glitching the game so we had control of AI bids but I don't recall how to do it lol

2014 was my first FMM, and is still my favourite. William Kvist won Player of the Year while on loan at Fulham, which was special. Brazil is also way better than any new league introduced in the past three editions.

43 minutes ago, Seth Anacondas said:

2014 was my first FMM, and is still my favourite. William Kvist won Player of the Year while on loan at Fulham, which was special. Brazil is also way better than any new league introduced in the past three editions.

I do miss Brazil. A lot. Been updating some of my old challenges and quite a few involve Brazil one way or another. I have no major issues with any FMM tbh. Never perfect, but I'm optimistic. It's still playable enough for me to enjoy any version immensely. Major part is this site of course. But yeah.. I miss Brazil.

A lot of FMM14 love and as I said in the OP FMM14 was my 1st one and although I’d played football related games like FIFA before regularly before, FMM felt totally different in a good way and a new world, so I’d say 14 is the one I had the best feeling with. It took a bit of time to get used to going from FIFA’s pace spamming to an actual sophisticated game lol but I got it quickly. 14, 16, 19 overall my favourites. The rest were okay 

been on a wonderful career on FMH14, just three season to go. gotta admit FMH14 was better than its predecessor

currently im at FM 20 Mobile and it was amazing compared to FMH14, the main thing that should be done better is bio placement of players, and more in-depth gameplay of managing a team. in addition, retirement doesn make any sense in FM 20 mobile cuz player just fading after 30-31 yrs old and their career are gone. meanwhile, it is possible to watch players retire at 35+ in FMH14

My favorite without a doubt have to be FMH14 and FMH15. There's something unique about the simplicity of those two versions which I always enjoyed. Even they were among my favorite years in recent football chronology. Yes, and being able to play Copa Libertadores was a big extra for me. read more...
Edited by miamaelia
spell missing