Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM20 New Features Announcement

FuddledFox

I'm disappointing...

The mentoring thing is useless, we gonna try it just for fun and never use it again after, like the coaches who are useless.
Derbies is cool, but useless too, it's just news, it won't change a thing during the game or won't add any kind of pressure.
B Teams ? They were always there, don't think there will be a lot more players, and we're not gonna able to take control of them, so useless to

There was never B teams that played matches though, for example just deadwood you didn’t want that were impossible to sell just went there. The changes are exciting but there are still quite a few negative Nancy’s! 

1 hour ago, Nicolas Rives said:

I'm disappointing...

The mentoring thing is useless, we gonna try it just for fun and never use it again after, like the coaches who are useless.
Derbies is cool, but useless too, it's just news, it won't change a thing during the game or won't add any kind of pressure.
B Teams ? They were always there, don't think there will be a lot more players, and we're not gonna able to take control of them, so useless to

None of these is useless

Mentoring is pretty useful which help younger players to improve themselves mentally and possibly technicaly which is something like Kompany and Sandler did in Man City

Derbies does actually add some pressure just like home advantages which does happened alot of times when teams play better in their own stadium but screwed most away games

B/reserves teams is some way to give them gametime andprevent youngster from being unhappy. This will also grow their CA and PA

Tbf, I can understand why some might be disappointed, because like how Ashez said, most of these features were already ingame to varying degrees. 

Mentoring isn't much different from how a player 'feels like he can learn a lot from' another player, except with more control over it. 

Reserve team matches weren't in the game but the devs did state that placing players in the reserves help slightly if they're not getting enough first team action. Now it's displayed a bit better...

Derbies could simply be an additional line of text in the pre-match build up, and not signing for rival clubs can easily be an updated wording to clubs that 'won't sell to rival clubs' in the same division. 

They haven't updated the UI this year but instead updated the pre-match display and included a large splash image whenever there's a goal. 

The real kicker I think is whether you can control reserve team matches/U-21 tournaments, but then again that's a toss up, for they might be deemed too much for the simplicity of a 'bus ride' game.

All these changes might not have appealed to those craving for more tactical control, but you never know as there could always be that chance because the devs don't consider them 'main' features. Personally I'm hoping for some new tactical roles...

In the end, I guess it just depends whether you're a glass half empty/full kind of person.

As for the tactical roles, surely false 9 has to be apart of the game now?! It’s been around quite a while now, I think Messi started it years ago, and now you have Firmino popularising it now

7 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

As for the tactical roles, surely false 9 has to be apart of the game now?! It’s been around quite a while now, I think Messi started it years ago, and now you have Firmino popularising it now

Pretty sure it's in the game as Trequarista

2 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

There was never B teams that played matches though, for example just deadwood you didn’t want that were impossible to sell just went there. The changes are exciting but there are still quite a few negative Nancy’s! 

SI used to claim that even if you have no reserve team fixtures or results the reserves still played fixtures, it just wasn't "recorded".

I suppose it's up to you if you believe that, or if you think their smoke and mirrors approach is catching up with them haha. Personally I do believe it and they've just been made visible, don't get me wrong leagues and structures are alot of work though. 

I actually believe it as alot of features in recent years have been hidden features being made visible. The level up/experience system for example. It's funny to think the tactics side of the game is starting to become the most hidden part lol.

30 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

Tbf, I can understand why some might be disappointed, because like how Ashez said, most of these features were already ingame to varying degrees. 

Mentoring isn't much different from how a player 'feels like he can learn a lot from' another player, except with more control over it. 

Reserve team matches weren't in the game but the devs did state that placing players in the reserves help slightly if they're not getting enough first team action. Now it's displayed a bit better...

Derbies could simply be an additional line of text in the pre-match build up, and not signing for rival clubs can easily be an updated wording to clubs that 'won't sell to rival clubs' in the same division. 

They haven't updated the UI this year but instead updated the pre-match display and included a large splash image whenever there's a goal. 

The real kicker I think is whether you can control reserve team matches/U-21 tournaments, but then again that's a toss up, for they might be deemed too much for the simplicity of a 'bus ride' game.

All these changes might not have appealed to those craving for more tactical control, but you never know as there could always be that chance because the devs don't consider them 'main' features. Personally I'm hoping for some new tactical roles...

In the end, I guess it just depends whether you're a glass half empty/full kind of person.

That's alot closer to my actual take tbh, I just decided not to spell it out this year as I simply cba haha. 

34 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Yea I'd love to have false 9 - I'll take any roles really! I did see someone mentioning in the FMM twitter comments that Inverted Winger has been added. So fingers crossed!

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's alot closer to my actual take tbh, I just decided not to spell it out this year as I simply cba haha. 

Hahaha yea, funny thing is I knew exactly what you meant in your post earlier. Do you think it's a sign we've been playing this game for too long and we've possibly become 'jaded'? 😱

I wish they could've customized the set pieces a little bit,Maybe selecting the players in box and selecting set piece taker by considering distance btwn ball and goal post

Edited by Davie
1 hour ago, Davie said:

I wish they could've customized the set pieces a little bit,Maybe selecting the players in box and selecting set piece taker by considering distance btwn ball and goal post

I also would have loved this. In the past there were quite a few extra bits that weren't announced but we all found when the game was released. So let's hope that's the case.

The mentoring and u21 club teams could be a new fun way to develop youngsters (which is one of the things i enjoy most in fmm). Cant say much about it yet based on a few screenshots but i have high hopes. Would be great to work with youngsters at the club and not send them on season long loans over and over.

Greek and Danish leagues are not interesting to me personally but i guess danish and greek fmm-fans are excited!

The improved matchday experience. I am not really sure what the improvement is. Is it the weather information, unavailable players, key battles and photo presentation of the goal scorer? I need to experience it to have an opinion but i have a feeling that it is something(information not affecting gameplay) i will ignore pretty quickly. But then again, may be it will make the matches more enjoyable and may be there is something more in the "expanded match view" that i am missing.

All in all I am looking forward to the new release. 

7 hours ago, Thirsk said:

To extent I can see why managing an U21 international team may hold some appeal for a season or two but I really can’t see why anyone would want to control the reserve team as that would get old very fast imo and it’s not like irl managers and coaches do that. It would be great if you can get the reserves to use your tactics though for those players that like to feel they are instilling a “philosophy” on the club.

It just feels to me that controlling the reserves in matches is something that a lot of people would say they want and ask for and if it’s not in the game we will hear a lot of requests for it but in reality no one would use that feature for long.

12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

U21 international team may hold some appeal for a season or two but I really can’t see why anyone would want to control the reserve team as that would get old very fast imo

International wise that whole area of the game needs revamping to work as a stand alone experience, at ITN level you should have staff (Coaches etc), scouts to help identify potential call ups, training, and just more meat on the bones. It's been undercooked since forever and while I love they've added more teams and competitions the experience is just lacking. 

I wouldn't say an U-?? is needed but I can somewhat see how that's extra appealing, you'd be working with a small pool of players that would constantly be changing as people age out, granted you can implement that yourself at any level but you can't lower the pressure/expectations, currently it's something you'd play for a challenge and not for a super developing player based save. By nature you'd also be working under someone which could be likely wouldn't have an influence, basically the DoF idea that often comes up. 

However the biggest knock I'd have against any form of U-?? teams is you'll have regens in no time and personally that beats the point of the game for me. Yeah fakes are needed 9-11 seasons in but not day one. 

Something to do with set pieces would be nice but I think they’re already good in the game, the corners especially are OP. Good crosser + good aerial striker and I usually score one nearly every game! 

14 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

I assume so as there’s mentions of national U21 teams in the OP 

I think there is only an under 20 World Cup not an under 21 World Cup, but there is an Under 21 Euro Championships.

22 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Something to do with set pieces would be nice but I think they’re already good in the game, the corners especially are OP. Good crosser + good aerial striker and I usually score one nearly every game! 

That's exactly why we need more control. It's a vital area of football completely ignored and every goal scored or conceded from them feels incredibly cheap, especially as they're OP. Most goals are long range worldies or set pieces. 

I'm intrigued that set pieces are getting so much attention now yet I've wrote article after article about them and never got that impression 😂, I'm delighted others are beating this drum.

Unfortunately the developers don't think we're smart enough for set piece options as it'll just confuse us 😂. Over a decade ago we had them 😂

55 minutes ago, Foxy said:

It would be great if you can get the reserves to use your tactics though for those players that like to feel they are instilling a “philosophy” on the club.

I think that's me. I'd enjoy monitoring the progress of this Reserve team in a competition with their own stats etc. Just because I like stats. It'd make me loan out players much less also. But like you mentioned if we're to take full control over these things, nahh that's over the top for me. 

At the point FMM is right now all I care about are the follow things :

• Match Engine
  • Tactical options
  • (lesser extent) - Player Development
  • (lesser extent) - Transfer Dealings

I don't care for much else, and I understand not all of these can be addressed in every new version so if any of these get an improvement I'm generally happy. The Reserves thingie could potentially be an improvement, I gotta try it out and see for myself. 

The Match Engine and Tactics are the core of this game tho. I think these two should always be looked at for improvements. More or better defined player roles by the ME, individual player instructions, set pieces, and a MUCH smarter AI in terms of squad management, formations, the further into a career the dumber they seem to get.

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I think that's me. I'd enjoy monitoring the progress of this Reserve team in a competition with their own stats etc. Just because I like stats. It'd make me loan out players much less also. But like you mentioned if we're to take full control over these things, nahh that's over the top for me. 

At the point FMM is right now all I care about are the follow things :

• Match Engine
  • Tactical options
  • (lesser extent) - Player Development
  • (lesser extent) - Transfer Dealings

I don't care for much else, and I understand not all of these can be addressed in every new version so if any of these get an improvement I'm generally happy. The Reserves thingie could potentially be an improvement, I gotta try it out and see for myself. 

The Match Engine and Tactics are the core of this game tho. I think these two should always be looked at for improvements. More or better defined player roles by the ME, individual player instructions, set pieces, and a MUCH smarter AI in terms of squad management, formations, the further into a career the dumber they seem to get.

Yes AI manager seems so dumb in the later years especially when top manager retired and nobody fill their boots except some decent managers. The most frustrating thing is when retired players are without clubs but on the hall of fame

Back in the day reserve teams copied our set ups but then they stopped doing it. I wonder what stuff this means for sides like the Madrid youth teams. 

It could be cool if we have any influence on who managed the youth teams, like offering it to former players and stuff who could be "inspired by our tactics" to eventually become a rival. That's the relationship building stuff I could get into compared to coaches, mentors and news fluff.n

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's exactly why we need more control. It's a vital area of football completely ignored and every goal scored or conceded from them feels incredibly cheap, especially as they're OP. Most goals are long range worldies or set pieces. 

I'm intrigued that set pieces are getting so much attention now yet I've wrote article after article about them and never got that impression 😂, I'm delighted others are beating this drum.

Unfortunately the developers don't think we're smart enough for set piece options as it'll just confuse us 😂. Over a decade ago we had them 😂

What does OP mean?

1 minute ago, sammummery said:

Thank you.

Sorry one last one, what is the heading tactic/heading bug?

TM training plus aerial focus = 20/20 stat. 

3 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

Yes corners are ridiculously high scoring.

2 hours ago, Rizs_ said:

👀😳😳🥴

Sorry what haha?

58 minutes ago, Snip said:

Yes corners are ridiculously high scoring.

Yep, and it’s the same type of goal everytime haha. The striker is always in that near post position. It’s fun though. The more unrealistic part is where you forget to put a set piece taker, for me it then always went to my left sided centre back for some reason, but they’d still get a few assists from it!

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

To extent I can see why managing an U21 international team may hold some appeal for a season or two but I really can’t see why anyone would want to control the reserve team as that would get old very fast imo and it’s not like irl managers and coaches do that. It would be great if you can get the reserves to use your tactics though for those players that like to feel they are instilling a “philosophy” on the club.

It just feels to me that controlling the reserves in matches is something that a lot of people would say they want and ask for and if it’s not in the game we will hear a lot of requests for it but in reality no one would use that feature for long.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to actually manage the reserve team, but setting the tactics and being able to see the results and how youth players are performing, etc would be great. 

In the FMM20 Discussion Thread I started a poll to see if you would be buying FMM20 or not. It is still open so feel free to vote but at the moment it is pretty empathetic that most people will be.

B25F8421-CF66-4D05-B873-BDC830827026.thumb.jpeg.5692f8a736a85a9f21dc4e9eb94cb963.jpeg

The question is has the new features changed your mind and made you think that you will buy it or maybe that you won’t bother this year?

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I wouldn't want to actually manage the reserve team, but setting the tactics and being able to see the results and how youth players are performing, etc would be great. 

How much would actually change though? I'm not discrediting the concept as I like the sound of it but thinking about what it'll change leaves me with little lol. 

Once promoted they'd maybe be used to your style of play is about all I can come up with. We already can train them, retrain them and so on. 

So is it just an immersion addition?

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

How much would actually change though? I'm not discrediting the concept as I like the sound of it but thinking about what it'll change leaves me with little lol. 

Once promoted they'd maybe be used to your style of play is about all I can come up with. We already can train them, retrain them and so on. 

So is it just an immersion addition?

It depends how they do it of course, but if they did away with the "promote players once a year, everyone else is grey" concept, then this would really work for me. I'd love to be able to see how those greyed out players are actually doing. Someone getting 3 assists a game? Don't wait until the end of the season, offer him a contract now. Getting a goal a game? Maybe watch him for a while. Yes, we can already offer grey players a contract but we are blind as to how good they are. 

The other part is of course real players. Signed a youngster who you think will be great, but you're not sure is ready for a spot on the bench? Watch how he goes in the reserves. If he's doing alright, then maybe give him that spot on the bench. If he doesn't out perform the other players in the reserves, maybe you made a mistake and it's time to sell him or loan him out... 

etc etc. There's a lot they could do here to improve the experience of finding and developing young players. They could turn it into something that is a) enjoyable (for me at least!) and b) really adds to the experience of building a squad (my favourite part of FMM). 

As for the part about them copying your tactics, well that just makes sense. You don't want someone in the reserves scoring 2 goals a game as an IF if you never use that role...

Of course, there is the very very big IF of how they do it. It might just be window dressing which doesn't do much. Or it could be overkill that means you need to spend too much time on it. We'll have to wait and see!