Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM20 New Features Announcement

FuddledFox

6 hours ago, Foxy said:

The question is has the new features changed your mind and made you think that you will buy it or maybe that you won’t bother this year?

I'm buying it every year regardless. Wouldn't even mind if they were to announce: "Listen people, no new leagues, no new features and we didn't add jack sh#t. All we did was removing the bugs". I'd happily pay for a bug free 19 version. 

Hi guys!  The trailer for mobile has released!! Check out it quickly.  One thing make me disappointed is the tactics.  I can't see any changes in the trailer.  Hope there will have new playing roles added such as inverted wingers.  Although there are no tactics changes but I think if they added inverted wingers the tactics will much better

Edited by Godfrey
8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm buying it every year regardless. Wouldn't even mind if they were to announce: "Listen people, no new leagues, no new features and we didn't add jack sh#t. All we did was removing the bugs". I'd happily pay for a bug free 19 version. 

Although I agree with you Bati that’s never going to happen as coming out with “no bugs” as there headline feature isn’t going to build any hype around the new game unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

The trailer for mobile has released!! Check out it quickly.  One thing make me disappointed is the tactics.  I can't see any changes in the trailer.  Hope there will have new playing roles added such as inverted wingers.  Although there are no tactics changes but I think if they added inverted wingers the tactics will much better

What's this about: 

image.png.0f19036f6de7aa27232876a8a5cf225e.png

Brand new match experience? Can't see any obvious difference there. Wonder what it means...

46 minutes ago, Scratch said:

What's this about: 

image.png.0f19036f6de7aa27232876a8a5cf225e.png

Brand new match experience? Can't see any obvious difference there. Wonder what it means...

I don't know what does it mean too but I can see there are player called up to u21 national team in the trailer.  Hope we can manage u21 national team and second team in fmm 20.  I love manage a team full of youngsters instead of a team full of superstars.  The trailer makes me suprised that there are u21 national teams available.

Edited by Godfrey

What's the new feature ? Seeing that the guy is happy because he was called up to his national team ?

The main problem is always the same, the little things they add are fun but you don't need it to win. Just put the right players at the right positions, buy a couple of youngsters, take the same good tactic as always, and just wait for the AI to do some idiots substitutions, play players at wrong positions or with 60% of form...

I'll be happy with no new features, even with bugs, I don't care, but just bring a level of difficulty like in the real FM, where you've to rack your brain to find a way to win.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I loved so much "Championship Manager 2001/2002" and I would like the mobile version looks like that one :)

8 minutes ago, Nicolas Rives said:

just wait for the AI to do some idiots substitutions, play players at wrong positions or with 60% of form...

That bothers me a lot also. I just don't understand why this (potential) game-killer can't be sorted. It's annoying, it's as if I'm playing vs a rookie AI every time. They have no clue what they're doing. 

How many times do I take over at a new club and there's little balance in terms of age and positioning. Plus crazily oversized with 30-35 players just getting wasted, older, rotting on the bench eating wages until forced retirement. All AI managers get a squad management skill of ZERO. And exactly what you mentioned.. playing exhausted or injured players, dumb subs/ wrong positions. 

I just don't look at opponent formations anymore, ruins my mood.

36 minutes ago, Nicolas Rives said:

What's the new feature ? Seeing that the guy is happy because he was called up to his national team ?

The main problem is always the same, the little things they add are fun but you don't need it to win. Just put the right players at the right positions, buy a couple of youngsters, take the same good tactic as always, and just wait for the AI to do some idiots substitutions, play players at wrong positions or with 60% of form...

I'll be happy with no new features, even with bugs, I don't care, but just bring a level of difficulty like in the real FM, where you've to rack your brain to find a way to win.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I loved so much "Championship Manager 2001/2002" and I would like the mobile version looks like that one :)

Mate mate mate....CM01/02 was in the same mould once you had a tactic that works you could win everything once you had the squad. There wasnt much in it really except with and without ball there was a wider range of tactics on offer.

The problem with FM is the lack of tactics. Its the same old stuff that works and thats what makes it abit tedious at times. 

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

I can see a new feature in the trailer about the u21 national team

Screenshot_20191116-190908_YouTube.jpg

In the screenshot we can see  "Luis Suarez  has been called up...under-21 matches".  I think there are u21 national team available this year fmm

6 hours ago, Nicolas Rives said:

I totally agree, no matter the team, if you buy the right youngsters you finally win every tournament. 

I think the key change is to have a more challenging game. 

15 hours ago, Willy Esposito said:

I totally agree, no matter the team, if you buy the right youngsters you finally win every tournament. 

I think the key change is to have a more challenging game. 

Isn't that the same as any other RPG or stat based game? If you have the best party/players/stats and a plan/tactic that works you're set.

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Isn't that the same as any other RPG or stat based game? If you have the best party/players/stats and a plan/tactic that works you're set.

I lacked detail in my comments. I think what's missing is a greater difficulty in hiring young talent, scouts should take longer and the staff should be more specialized and should be more complex to hire them. In FMM19 it's very simple to get gold staff. 

2 minutes ago, Willy Esposito said:

I lacked detail in my comments. I think what's missing is a greater difficulty in hiring young talent, scouts should take longer and the staff should be more specialized and should be more complex to hire them. In FMM19 it's very simple to get gold staff. 

I just don't use scouts and make my own conclusions lol

Edited by Ashez
2 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's somewhat intentional tbf

Then what’s the point? I mean wouldn’t it be cool if the better staff you bought, the more accurate those reports? I mean I tried using their suggestions and it was honestly useless. Reverted back to my deadly tactic and boom, steamrolling through the league, irrelevant of their suggestions.

Edited by Gvicii
1 hour ago, Gvicii said:

Then what’s the point? I mean wouldn’t it be cool if the better staff you bought, the more accurate those reports? I mean I tried using their suggestions and it was honestly useless. Reverted back to my deadly tactic and boom, steamrolling through the league, irrelevant of their suggestions.

That is how it works but a gold coach isn't 100% accurate, if they were there would be no risk. Their reports are based on various things at the time like real life coaches.

The non gold coaches are quite the dimwits in this game. 75% of the time when you make them take a coaching exam to go up to gold or silver they fail 😂

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

But it's not that in FMM

You can win the UCL in 3 years or at least reach the semi final, with an obscure team, beating easily the likes of Madrid, Barcelone or Munich, who have much better players than you have, but AI managers are so dumb so you can win with good players against their top class players, just because you have a good tactic and above all you put the players at their right positions.

I would rather being smashed 4/0 when I play the best teams, at least at my first appearance in European competition.

6 minutes ago, Nicolas Rives said:

But it's not that in FMM

You can win the UCL in 3 years or at least reach the semi final, with an obscure team, beating easily the likes of Madrid, Barcelone or Munich, who have much better players than you have, but AI managers are so dumb so you can win with good players against their top class players, just because you have a good tactic and above all you put the players at their right positions.

I would rather being smashed 4/0 when I play the best teams, at least at my first appearance in European competition.

Ajax did that last season tbf. Porto, Monaco, Malaga also come to mind in recent years for "shock" Champions League success. It does happen, I get the point you're making but how do you increase the difficulty without making it cheap? Any time the difficulty has been touched the cheapness has tended to sky rocket. 

It’s a minor feature but I think it’d be a cool feature if you could physically see yourself in the manager profile, as currently the presentation of it is dull. It’s just basically an unlocked image of nothing lol. Since they added gender of your manager to the game but currently it does nothing, I don’t see why not

4 hours ago, Gvicii said:

Turn on player attribute masking if you want your scouts to be more important

28 minutes ago, Nicolas Rives said:

But it's not that in FMM

Mate FMM just ain't it for top realism. If you want that, play the full version

3 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

The non gold coaches are quite the dimwits in this game. 75% of the time when you make them take a coaching exam to go up to gold or silver they fail 😂

Always happens to me. You can get a tutor for £1 to get one coach in one save pass their exam. Totally not a rip off

42 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

It’s a minor feature but I think it’d be a cool feature if you could physically see yourself in the manager profile, as currently the presentation of it is dull. It’s just basically an unlocked image of nothing lol. Since they added gender of your manager to the game but currently it does nothing, I don’t see why not

Yeah I wish you could see that whole screen like they do in Hall of Fame

2 hours ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

Turn on player attribute masking if you want your scouts to be more important

True. This adds a nice added element of ‘realism’ to the game. Harder to scout those young Brazilian wonderkids when you have to scout them a few tiles first to get more accurate stats. 

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

Ajax did that last season tbf. Porto, Monaco, Malaga also come to mind in recent years for "shock" Champions League success. It does happen, I get the point you're making but how do you increase the difficulty without making it cheap? Any time the difficulty has been touched the cheapness has tended to sky rocket. 

I don't know if it's a simple change to make or not but they just have to make the AI managers put their best players all the time, at their best positions, and stop dropping AI players form at 60% when the match starts whereas our players are all at 100%. Also plan the AI transfers better, like when PSG has Cavani Neymar and Mbappé but 2 central defenders, including one out for the season, just find a way to stop their team to recruit an other striker and doing nothing for their defense !

Again I don't know if it's simple to do, I suppose it's not...but it's the heart of the game, all new "gadgets" are fun but useless to win or to build a winning team

This stuff sounds more like a bug than a feature, so we might find out such things are improved without them announcing it.

Then again, it is SI, so they might just announce a bug-fix as a awesome new feature. 🤣

Edited by RobNemoo