Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM20 New Features Announcement

FuddledFox

The key battle stuff.......Do we have the tactical options to counter these? I'm assuming not with no new tactical news hmmm. Kinda feels like the old FMM when it always told you to man mark which was never an option 😂

Can you manage reserve sides? Or influence them in any way?

Anyway 2020 just looks like features and menus added on to previous features. 

I really thought 2020 would be the year of set pieces with the demand for them growing. 

Looks to me like they’re trying to stabilise FMM19 with a few gimmicks chucked in. No excuses for a bug free release then is there 😅

The lack of ambition is frightening! 

52 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The key battle stuff.......Do we have the tactical options to counter these? I'm assuming not with no new tactical news hmmm. Kinda feels like the old FMM when it always told you to man mark which was never an option 😂

Can you manage reserve sides? Or influence them in any way?

Anyway 2020 just looks like features and menus added on to previous features. 

I really thought 2020 would be the year of set pieces with the demand for them growing. 

22 minutes ago, Woody said:

No new tactical additions is very very disappointing tbh.

Like the additions but its not enough for me.

Combination of these two hit the nail on the head for me. Let’s hope for a smooth release is all I can say as if it’s as bad again this year I expect that will be that for a lot of people.

New leagues + improved match day experience = Potentially good additions. Everything else not interested.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Let’s hope for a smooth release

Because the previous stat boosting features (coaches, badges, training) have gone silky smooth

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Doesn’t the S in SI stand for smooth?

Don't be daft, they're named after the sound every fan makes every release period 😂 

I like the look of the contract requests. Always drove me mad that you had to offer players contracts every time they requested them regardless.  I think it looks like a smart update all round. Excited

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Don't be daft, they're named after the sound every fan makes every release period 😂 

I just don’t get why they believe everyone is playing the game on a fucking Atari as it just feels so outdated. It honestly needs to be stripped bare and start again imo. So many resources are getting wasted on absolute time sinks. I get they’re a small team, we hear that one all the time, but I’d honestly rather see them skip an entire release so they can have an extra year to get their shit together

Why all the negativity? Let's wait till after release before talking shit. If it sucks, sure, go to town, but I feel like we shouldnt rush to conclusions. Frankly, the new changes look really cool as I'm more a fan of the man managing over tactics stuff, so I understand how people could be disappointed if theyre all about the tactics, but it'll add more complexity to challenges, and there's always the chance SI slips in some extra roles or instructions like they've done in the past

Trust has to be earned and once that trust is damaged it's difficult to repair, after five odd years of terrible releases I personally have no trust left. I'd love to be proven wrong and I'll happily eat my words if needs be but I just don't see it happening. 

I'm snarky purely because they've broken my trust and I can't help but question if these new features will work as intended and if old bugs will be fixed. If I hear about the heading bug day one for example I'll actually be pretty furious, will it be fixed? I dunno but it was known very early last year and is still in 2019, they broke conditioning in the March update but didn't fix the heading bug? Adding features instead of fixing issues happens year on year which just leads to more issues. 

I won't lie and say these features excite me as they don't, but they might make decent additions in practice but only time will tell. From what we currently know these features could be deep options or just shells, I obviously don't know how it will work out until community members have the game and share impressions after a few weeks, early impressions are always biased haha. 

31 minutes ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

Why all the negativity?

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

LOL, rinse and repeat, every year. And every year I'm always saying that introducing new features means there's gonna be bugs and we need to be patient and give them time to fix them up, etc. But personally, I'd be happy with fewer new features and more bugs squashed. I like the look of the changes, but a lot will depend on how they actually work.

Can't wait to get my hands on the game regardless. 😄

18 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

U21 teams and the U21 World Cup has me bouncing off the walls most lol. Be even better if you can manage them  

No more youngster like Lingard moaning for game time

3 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

No more youngster like Lingard moaning for game time

Sending Lingard to the reserves is the 1st thing on my mind when I do my 1st save 😂

10 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Sending Lingard to the reserves is the 1st thing on my mind when I do my 1st save 😂

I’m looking forward to taking charge of spurs and selling Rose immediately 😂 

8 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

No tactics additions is a slightly disappointment but the - Reserve teams and competitions - is very nice 👍 👍 just prayyy there aren't too many bugs overall and I'm happy. 

Be grateful mate, stop nagging lol

Wow I’ll eat my words, very nicely done SI!

Edited by Gvicii

Oh I actually meant the ones managing Lingard and Rose, but isn't it lovely, we're all like one big happy family on our annual reunion lol

I always get excited pre release so i am looking forward to getting into the new game and take a look at the new features.

I was hoping for something on tactics, particularly set pieces, but will be buying and playing regardless and hope for a smooth release.

13 hours ago, Ashez said:

I can't help but question if these new features will work as intended

Yes, that's always the big worry. Reminds me of that feature that never worked, prime attacker or whatever it was called that we could select in settings, was removed the next version 😂 

15 hours ago, samhardy said:

New leagues + improved match day experience = Potentially good additions. Everything else not interested.

I think it just depends on the kind of FMM player you are. I know lots of players who rarely go past 5 seasons and those care more for the things you mentioned, incl any improvements on tactics etc. Those who enjoy much longer careers are quite happy with the - youth development and Reserve team + competitions - so I guess it boils down to what you want out of the game. 

But again, what Ashez said, it's gotta work properly or it's just another useless feature. 

14 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

U21 teams and the U21 World Cup has me bouncing off the walls most lol. Be even better if you can manage them  

Where does it say about an Under 21 world cup? 

Got to be honest these updates look fooking amazing! I’ve been want reserve team games and a better youth system so I’m well excited!! Other stuff looks interesting too. Gonna cream my pants if they’ve sorted the bugs out and added this new stuff. 

I was starting to wonder if this push for pre purchases was just because it’s another copy and paste version but it all looks promising imho.

Where they say that is possible to "take the control" of a reserve team or u21 ? I understood that's possible to move a player and follow the evolution ? I hope I'm wrong xD