Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Much Adu about Nothing Challenge

Kanegan

Credit to @danovic78 for this one.

Adu.jpg.ade3ba09a6af666c418e78578ac72272.jpg

If everything had gone exactly according to plan, Freddy Adu would have been in a football stadium in Europe on a Saturday afternoon, in his prime at age 28 starring for a big club, tormenting opponents with exciting bursts and preparing to guide the United States to the World Cup next summer.

He was destined for superstardom. Instead, he ended up bouncing around the planet like mislabeled luggage: 12 teams in eight countries, plus countless tryouts and promising leads that never panned out.

Once billed the next Pele — and once a co-star with the Brazilian soccer icon in a TV commercial — Adu never fulfilled the massive potential that he displayed excelling with U.S. junior national teams. He was, he admits, too young for a pro career. He became spoiled and didn’t work hard enough, and found himself in bad situations with various teams and coaches.

This past summer, Adu was prepared to join a Polish team. The technical director wanted him but the coach didn’t. So he turned down the offer.

Can you turn the ultimate FMM wonderkid into something still?

RULES

• Load up the MLS and any other leagues (I think you need the MLS is order to pick Adu up)
  • Sign Freddy Adu on a free transfer.
  • Play as many seasons as you can with him before he retires.
  • Set a target for the combined number of goals and assists with Freddy.
  • Usual other rules apply.

2020 LEADERBOARD

2018 LEADERBOARD

@kts365 319 Assists and Goals - Career

@danovic78 318 Assists and Goals - Career

6 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Is he on the FMM19 database? 

I was intrigued after seeing this thread so I loaded up a quick MLS save just to find  him and yes he’s on 19, only 28 in the game! Only nice stat was dribbling though 

11 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

I was intrigued after seeing this thread so I loaded up a quick MLS save just to find  him and yes he’s on 19, only 28 in the game! Only nice stat was dribbling though 

Good enough for MLS maybe

49 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

Good enough for MLS maybe

Yep pretty much

Can anyone create a challenge btw? I have a couple of ideas in mind but they aren’t fully ready for a thread yet 

1 hour ago, SophiaFM said:

Can anyone create a challenge btw? I have a couple of ideas in mind but they aren’t fully ready for a thread yet 

Absolutely 👍 looking forward to seeing what's in your head.