Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The 2-2-6 Challenge

The 2-2-6 Challenge:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHLRnoRZlvudY0M-zwW0n

In 1872, the 1-2-7 was the most used, and perhaps the only, football formation. In the same year, England fought Scotland in the worlds first ever international football match. But the Scots (in blue above) came out with a formation which then, revolutionized the game of football and held their far superior English opponents to a nil-all draw. The 2-2-6.

The Challenge:

• Take control of Queens Park in the Scottish Ladbrokes League 2, the club which every player in that Scottish side played for, for one season.
  • Sell all non-Scottish players (if there are any)
  • Only sign Scottish players
  • And most importantly, use the 2-2-6 (But since this is not possible, you may use any formation as long as the player positions are similar to the positions in the above photo (2-2-1-2-3, 2-2-3-3 etc.) )

Point System:

• 10 points per clean sheet
  • 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw
  • 2 points per goal, 1 point per assist
  • 20 points for a league win, 19 points for second, 18 points for 3rd, 17 points for 4th, and so on.

Rules:

Spoiler
  • Own tactics (excluding formation)
  • No unlockables or use of in-game editor
  • No resigning
  • If you get sacked your score is halved
  • And most importantly, have fun.

I tried this with the actual Scotland national team and did well (Got to the quarters in the Euros) so it isn't a guaranteed failure.

Leaderboard:

I reckon I can smash out a season of this while I wait for FMM20...

Edit: won’t have time actually. Thought it was Wed it’s released. One to earmark for 20. 

Edited by MikeF

That formation is mad lol. Nice idea but defensively it’ll be madness. I they should add some small instructions to the game, such as your wingers tracking back. You always get ‘wingers failed to track back with runners’ if you concede a few. You can push them back a position and use ‘defensive winger’ of course but that’s overly defensive imo 

39 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

I they should add some small instructions to the game, such as your wingers tracking back. You always get ‘wingers failed to track back with runners’ if you concede a few.

You actually read the match reports?

8 minutes ago, Tigahz said:

You actually read the match reports?

Rarely lol, just can’t help notice it the rare time it’s there. Only like the match report if it’s mostly or all green 🙂

7 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

That formation is mad lol. Nice idea but defensively it’ll be madness. I they should add some small instructions to the game, such as your wingers tracking back. You always get ‘wingers failed to track back with runners’ if you concede a few. You can push them back a position and use ‘defensive winger’ of course but that’s overly defensive imo 

Defensive wingers and wide midfielders are vastly underrated.

6 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

Rarely lol, just can’t help notice it the rare time it’s there. Only like the match report if it’s mostly or all green 🙂

The only one to be worried about is Moves broke down in final third from my experience.